AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 06:29   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 373 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pics and direct translations.
Summaries are ok, crops of pics are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

P.S Note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Quote:
The name of Pain (Nagato's) transformed eyes is Rinnegan* (not "Rasengan"**)

*Possible reading.

Rinnegan = metempsychosis eyes.

**This is a joke from the fact that people were saying that Pain's eye was gonna be "Rasengan" (the "gan" spelled with the character that means eye, like "sharingan.")

It's the greatest of the three great eye jutsu, and it was this eye that the precursor to all shinobi, the "Riku-dou Sennin" (hermit of the six paths) possessed.

All modern ninjutsu used by shinobi were developed by this hermit fellow (or fellows).

Jiraiya remains living with them as their teacher.

Nagato remains traumatized by the experience of activating the Rinnegan and killing the Iwagakure Chuunin (Because he acted on impulse and killed a man).
Upon hearing this, Jiraiya offers comfort by telling him he saved Yahiko's life.

The training lasts three years, at the end of which the three of them become capable of taking down one of Jiraiya's bunshin's working together.

Jiraiya decides they can now take care of themselves, so he leaves Amegakure.

The story shifts back to the present.

Jiraiya and Konan talk -> Pain (Nagato) arrives where they are -> next time, "titanic clash!"

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-10-04 at 09:27.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 08:19   Link #2
naruto89

here's a brief summary of an alleged spoiler :

- Peins eye's is one of the three great doujutsu

-His ancestor had six bodies and created all the ninjutsu

-Jiraya trained the three orphans for 3 years until they were all able to team up and beat his bunshin

- End of flashback Pein arrives where Konan and the J-Man is.
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 09:00   Link #3
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
here's a brief summary of an alleged spoiler :

-His ancestor had six bodies and created all the ninjutsu

-Jiraya trained the three orphans for 3 years until they were all able to team up and beat his bunshin

- End of flashback Pein arrives where Konan and the J-Man is.
It doesn't say his ancestor had 6 bodies, but that he was called Rikudou Sennin (hermit of the 6 paths). And his eyes are called Rinnegan ... (Rinne = transmigration of the soul)
So I guess he was spamming Rikudou Rinne attacks like that Buddha's reincarnation from Saint Seiya (move that warped an enemy away in one of the 6 realms)

More info about the 6 realms

I don't know if it's true, but everything matches (Pein's 6 bodies, Pein's eyes, Pein playing god. It's even possible to explain the Minato/ Naruto/Deidara look if Pein can look for souls in another realm)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 09:41   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I dunno. A couple of things don't make sense about this spoiler

- Jiraiya, one of the Leaf's best soldiers, was able to just take 3 years leave of absence in a time of war to remain in the Rain village?

- What happened to Yahiko is not explained (though this could be saved for later)

- Jiraiya trained them for 3 years and then just left them, knowing how potentially dangerous Nagato's doujutsu was?

- If they were pupils he cared about and Jiraiya left them on friendly terms, why is it he doesn't seem at all moved to find out Konan is still alive or particularly surprised that she has turned to evil this past chapter?

Either a good part of the story has been left out, will be explained next chapter, or the spoiler is fake. I'm leaning towards the last option right now.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 10:21   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I dunno. A couple of things don't make sense about this spoiler

- Jiraiya, one of the Leaf's best soldiers, was able to just take 3 years leave of absence in a time of war to remain in the Rain village?

- What happened to Yahiko is not explained (though this could be saved for later)

- Jiraiya trained them for 3 years and then just left them, knowing how potentially dangerous Nagato's doujutsu was?

- If they were pupils he cared about and Jiraiya left them on friendly terms, why is it he doesn't seem at all moved to find out Konan is still alive or particularly surprised that she has turned to evil this past chapter?

Either a good part of the story has been left out, will be explained next chapter, or the spoiler is fake. I'm leaning towards the last option right now.
Well the spoiler didnt mention that Jiraiya left Konoha for 3 years...it didnt even mentioned where he trained them.

He told already he was only going to make sure they would be able to stand up for themselves. If they could take on Jiraiya's clone than that would mean they could definetly defeat a regulair jounin.
Old 2007-10-03, 10:23   Link #6
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well the spoiler didnt mention that Jiraiya left Konoha for 3 years...it didnt even mentioned where he trained them.
It says Jiraiya leaves Amegakure after he decides the trio can take care of themselves (after 3 years), which means he never went back (assuming the spoiler is true).

Quote:
Ditto~

However, I wont pretend like the spoiler is not worthy, it is actually very interesting and has a pretty good possibility of being legit. None the less, I'll post the full spoiler for people who do not have access to it yet so they can receive a better understanding of it.

Spoiler for Naruto 373 Spoiler:

If this spoiler is true, I am totally interested in this "Riku-dou Sennin" guy who supposedly created all the modern ninjutsu which are used by Shinobi today, I mean wow that would mean he is the father / god of shinobi / ninjutsu. (some what)
Old 2007-10-03, 11:22   Link #7
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
If this spoiler is true, I am totally interested in this "Riku-dou Sennin" guy who supposedly created all the modern ninjutsu which are used by Shinobi today, I mean wow that would mean he is the father / god of shinobi / ninjutsu. (some what)
To be honest, that's another reason I'm skeptical about this spoiler. It seems like someone might be trying to take advantage of Kishi's recent trend of revealing powerful shinobi of the past. Kishi just revealed Madara as the founder of the Uchiha Clan and Hanzou as the shinobi the Sannin faced to get their title. I can see someone just running with the flow and comes up with the "granddaddy of all ninja" idea.

Not to mention it's really confusing why Pein follows Madara if he possesses "the greatest of the three great doujutsu"

I mean, I'm not saying it couldn't possibly be true. But I've grown wary of "ancient legend" type spoilers that make everyone go "That would be too cool if it turned out to be true and it makes so much sense!" (*cough* Tengu theory *cough*), Lately, I'm more willing to believe the ones that make people scratch their heads a bit and go "WTF?"
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:28   Link #8
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
I guess the third is not the byakugan. After the cool introduction nothing has happened that would hype it up. Byakugan is a passive ability, it can see 360 degrees and see everything about chakra and see miles away, all passive abilities for observation. So the 3rd great doujutsu should not be from Konoha but from one of the not yet involved great villages, that is not from Konoha, Sand or Mist. From Stone or 5th one (dont remember).

If the 3rd great doujutsu were the byakugan it would be difficult to explain why didn't any byakugan user use their eye when involved in serious battle. Neji didn't make anything special against Kisame or others, Hyuuga clan members didn't do any special thing when Konoha was attacked.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:32   Link #9
tennis1690

So if this is true, then, we have the Sharingan, the Rinnegan, and the Byakugan. But if the Rineegan is greatest of all three, why would Pein follow orders from a guy like Madara Uchiha who shouldn't be as powerful (I remember Kakashi once mentioned that the Sharingan was a derivation of the Byakugan and therefore the latter was stronger)
But I do like the idea of Pein finally arriving where Konan and Jiraiya are which means that Pein should battle Jiraiya in Ch. 374 and that is just too good.
tennis1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:35   Link #10
tennis1690

Ahhh...But there's a good possibility that Pein does possess a great eye doujutsu because if I remember correctly, Jiraiya seemed extremely surprised/shocked/perplexed that Nagato had that particular trait in his eyes. Whether it is called Rinnegan or not, we can be sure that Pein is powerful individual enough to possibly kill Jiraiya.
tennis1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:02   Link #11
tatami
back in black

i will say its cheesy and i will be proven wrong again...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:16   Link #12
shaselai

it would be interesting if Jiraiya dies (most likely will) and pein takes his body and go visit naruto for surprise attack..
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:19   Link #13
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

I doubt Byakugan is the third great doujutsu. First, it doesn't seem right that a single village would possess two of the clans that house the great doujutsus. Second is that the Byakugan, while powerful, hasn't displayed any omgwtf quality that the Sharingan has, and this new eye obviously does.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:39   Link #14
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Why not Byakugan? It did come before the Sharingan afterall, and the details of its limits/potential aren't very clear.

And it looks like Itachi is a scrub compared to Pein now. *laughs* There's always a bigger fish.

Last edited by That Other Ninja; 2007-10-03 at 12:53.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:53   Link #15
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1690 View Post
But if the Rineegan is greatest of all three, why would Pein follow orders from a guy like Madara Uchiha who shouldn't be as powerful
It could be that Madara offered Pein something in return for his help. Like some kind of information or something.
Old 2007-10-03, 13:35   Link #16
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It could be that Madara offered Pein something in return for his help. Like some kind of information or something.
or the spoiler could be fake
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 14:56   Link #17
rpgkiller999

Pretty high chance this spoiler is true, it's listed as confirmed from my source.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:19   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Not to mention it's really confusing why Pein follows Madara if he possesses "the greatest of the three great doujutsu"
We saw only one eye of Madara's current body, and seeing how cyborg-esque his outfit is it may be that his other eye is like Pein's eye. It was already made clear that bloodline powers are almost always beaten by great genious ninja. So having the eye or whatever will not grant victory. Why Madara is the strongest of all must be not only the eye but also his talent and the hundred years of expreience. Kakashi just by having 1 eye could copy a 1000 jutsu, just imagine someone like Madara how many jutsu can copy over a 100 year's time. He was already a legend when Pein was not even born.

I just remembered some of Itachi's speech, where he says something about "testing his container", this might be connected to the soul transmigration thing. If Itachi did not destroy his own clan than it was either Madara or Pein by posessing his body and using his abilites to kill all the Uchiha. In that case Itachi was just a puppet. It was in anime, maybe was a wrong translation.

Other interesting thing is that in episode 131 Itachi says to little Sasuke to obtain MS by killing his best friend, and come to him only after he has the MS. In present time however Itachi didn't say to Sasuke to not come after him until he does not have the MS, he didn't say anything. One would expect a speech from Itachi, where he says that Sasuke is still weak and that without MS he is nothing. But nothing was said, maybe Itachi said all that to Naruto, who didn't understand anything of it? Itachi inviting Sasuke to a secret meeting could be an indication that he and Madara are connected, because Madara was satisfied with Sasuke's performance against Deidara, and in that case he would tell Itachi to not care that Sasuke does not have MS and invite him anyway.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:28   Link #19
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
Pretty high chance this spoiler is true, it's listed as confirmed from my source.
and that means jack to us. please dont come in here and post that you have a friend of a friend whos brother knows 4 words of japanese.

the spoiler sounds good, but i kinda sick of these ageless clans and super powerful ninjas coming out of the woodwork. how is naruto supposed to match up with these "gods"
Old 2007-10-03, 15:30   Link #20
Sandaime78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
We saw only one eye of Madara's current body, and seeing how cyborg-esque his outfit is it may be that his other eye is like Pein's eye. It was already made clear that bloodline powers are almost always beaten by great genious ninja. So having the eye or whatever will not grant victory. Why Madara is the strongest of all must be not only the eye but also his talent and the hundred years of expreience. Kakashi just by having 1 eye could copy a 1000 jutsu, just imagine someone like Madara how many jutsu can copy over a 100 year's time. He was already a legend when Pein was not even born.

I just remembered some of Itachi's speech, where he says something about "testing his container", this might be connected to the soul transmigration thing. If Itachi did not destroy his own clan than it was either Madara or Pein by posessing his body and using his abilites to kill all the Uchiha. In that case Itachi was just a puppet. It was in anime, maybe was a wrong translation.

Other interesting thing is that in episode 131 Itachi says to little Sasuke to obtain MS by killing his best friend, and come to him only after he has the MS. In present time however Itachi didn't say to Sasuke to not come after him until he does not have the MS, he didn't say anything. One would expect a speech from Itachi, where he says that Sasuke is still weak and that without MS he is nothing. But nothing was said, maybe Itachi said all that to Naruto, who didn't understand anything of it? Itachi inviting Sasuke to a secret meeting could be an indication that he and Madara are connected, because Madara was satisfied with Sasuke's performance against Deidara, and in that case he would tell Itachi to not care that Sasuke does not have MS and invite him anyway.
You might want to think of other possibilities as well.

In terms of catching the rest of Jinchuuriki (even though Pein was now in charge of catching Naruto personally) Itachi has disobeyed the Atkasuki's orders by ignoring Naruto's capture and let him go. There is still a missing link which could mean that Itachi might have his own personal goal, apart from Madara. He may try to prevent his brother from becoming Madara's "possible" container/protege/whatever. From Madara giving Pein an order (not a request, a DIRECT order) to catch Naruto means that Madara is clearly in charge of this organization and indeed superior than Pein. It is clear that Madara wants Sasuke for an unknown reason; however, Kishi has intentionally left a question mark in terms of Itachi's own motive, and this is where we'll find out if indeed Itachi was a man destined for his own way, or was a puppet from the beginning.

Last edited by Sandaime78; 2007-10-03 at 15:41.
Sandaime78 is offline   Reply With Quote