AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 20:28   Link #401
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
do you all see the poll for nom@n next translation?
before hagure yuusha is number 1 last week but get passed by big margin.
i saw that too but everyone did something with accel world in the last second...200 votes in one day? okay that's strange
i hope that n0m@n sees this and sees what he should do...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:29   Link #402
Chimurry

Well, far I understood the poll its on facebook Baka Tsuki page and N0m will take 4 projects, this will not made the only ones, so, the first 4 will go and some other choices made by them, about translators (Jap & Chinese) dunno exactly how is going but the work made it with DxD is excellent, with this I personally hope the translators of Hagure, AW and others could join and made it more easy for everyone whom cannot read original Light Novels language, cua more translators made more easy job, at least on my POV. As fan, Otaku and reader thank so much for all the efforts of the translators and other team members.
About light novels, well so far, i am fan at of: Hagure, Shakugan no Shana, Accel, DxD and Dakara, but i dont see Dakara Boku Wa on the poll list
I think Hagure and Accel World will be on the top 4.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:34   Link #403
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Well, far I understood the poll its on facebook Baka Tsuki page and N0m will take 4 projects, this will not made the only ones, so, the first 4 will go and some other choices made by them, about translators (Jap & Chinese) dunno exactly how is going but the work made it with DxD is excellent, with this I personally hope the translators of Hagure, AW and others could join and made it more easy for everyone whom cannot read original Light Novels language, cua more translators made more easy job, at least on my POV. As fan, Otaku and reader thank so much for all the efforts of the translators and other team members.
About light novels, well so far, i am fan at of: Hagure, Shakugan no Shana, Accel, DxD and Dakara, but i dont see Dakara Boku Wa on the poll list
I think Hagure and Accel World will be on the top 4.
yeah dakara disapeared even when it was among the first 4 novels well i'm not the one to jugde this...if they don't want to translate it so be it D;
but i'm really looking forward for hagure now since dakara got out!
Old 2012-08-27, 20:44   Link #404
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I think they said he will choose between the 3-4 in the top to work on as a project.

I, as a translator, will definitely choose Oda Nobuna no Yabou, AW or Madan no Ou to Vanadis that is a pretty good LN.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 22:34   Link #405
ImperialFlameGod8190

wait hold on isnt accel world already on baka-tsuki why vote for it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 23:03   Link #406
Chimurry

only one vol translated. @Syokool: hope i can reach Oba, so far mostly of the LNs ( LNs, manga, OVAS and anime projects) are good ones, it surprise me most of them use Short Stories as complementary of the main story line, like say: DxD SS Dragon Magazine, May: Ophis, my first errand (12.5) or Shakugan no Shana: Future & Hope (22.5), Somebody knows if Hagure Yuusha have SS??
Old 2012-08-28, 00:44   Link #407
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

So Akatsuki's harem includes Chikage and Kuzuha right? As in they show some romantic interest in him?
Old 2012-08-28, 01:54   Link #408
williamchung

I find the volumes already translated?
williamchung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 04:00   Link #409
fazri
blacksun king

it just me or the poll for nom@n get moved?
to this place?
http://www.facebook.com/Baka.Tsuki.org
Old 2012-08-28, 04:04   Link #410
kfcpanda

boooo, why accel world so popular?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:26   Link #411
larethian

You guys should go read the comments of ShadowZeroHeart (who is a veteran LN reader, probably having read the most LNs out of us TLers) and Midchuria (whose credentials I know not) on this series at baka-tsuki forums.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:36   Link #412
kfcpanda

link please?
there appear to be a plethora of threads & they appear to be quite lengthy as well
Old 2012-08-28, 05:44   Link #413
zzhk
Summary Machine

The relevant posts from the Baka-Tsuki forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZeroHeart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studart
In the start of the anime I thinked : Oh... Well.. It's good but...
Now: WTF This is pretty good : O I want to know moreeeee
It will be amazing If someone pick this : OOO
Ironically, for me, with regards to the novel:

In the start of the novel I thinked: WTF This is pretty good : O I want to know moreeeee
Now: Oh... Well.. It's good but...

If I really must give comments on the story, here is what I would say would be the style of the novel:

Quote:
A: "You may be good, but that was just 30% of my power!"

B: "HA! That was 25% of mine!"

A: "I lied, that was 20% of my power! Now taste my 40%!"

B: "Very well then, heres MY 40%!"

A: "Actually, that was just 30% of my full strength!"
Its a never-ending cycle where the author seems to put ALL important characters with infinite power, unwilling to show any signs of weakness among them. Even when the fight ends, or one side loses, they are as if they never put in their best effort. Do it once or twice, and it might seem cool. Repeat it for like 5~8 volumes... You gotta be wondering, "Has he done enough like that yet?"

On the other hand, the ero-tism of the novel just keeps increasing, he might as well write an adult novel.

Volume 8:
Spoiler:

The plot and setting is quite good, but the author really lost it, in many sense... Can't understand what he is trying to do... Sigh, a good start gone to waste if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midchuria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZeroHeart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalam
Knowing how it's going, though, you can't really say if that's not planned for something later.
=V
Things tend to happen for a reason.

I would love to agree... but until that "I haven't used my full power!" stunt ends somehow, there is no way I can agree with you... Seriously, I thought it would be a great novel, but the path it is heading down is more of that of an adult novel than a story based novel. In fact, he might as well just sleep with his harem already. Hes acting like a gentleman, when hes just a pervert, toying with them.
The whole "LOL I'M JUST HOLDING BACK" trend continues up to the most recent volumes? Oh man...I stopped reading this at Volume 4 when it was just getting too much for me to bear. I like strong heroes and all, but that trend of "LOL I'M JUST HOLDING BACK MY POWER HAW HAW" has got to seriously stop. Does the "LOL I ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW I'M JUST PLAYING DUMB" trend also continue? Because that one was also completely annoying - it left no room for surprising plot developments because, hoo hah, our glorious invincible hero already knew all along.

I had a favorable impression for this series after having read the initial volumes, but eventually it just got too exasperating for me. Knowing that the whole hidden shounen power levels trend continue is depressing enough, but that it just escalates the eroticism with little reasoning to it is a complete let-down.
Link: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...=4911&start=20
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Last edited by zzhk; 2012-08-28 at 06:14. Reason: link added
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:59   Link #414
kfcpanda

could you post link?

that just piqued my curiosity even more (want to know more context & thoughts on this) & googling those phrases + baka tsuki hasn't proved useful
Old 2012-08-28, 06:30   Link #415
Chimurry

just press on blue letters... where it shown: www.baka-tsuki bla bla
Old 2012-08-28, 13:03   Link #416
EvI

seriously guys everybody who want hagure translated vote the gogogo
and also this is hagure no yusha tag i'm sorry for starting this kind of conversation HERE so if you want to talk about it do it in facebook before a adm come here...D;
Old 2012-09-01, 02:39   Link #417
ZeKeR
Superbad

now, akatsuki is (and probably is the ONLY MC to be so) a candidate for the title "magnificent bastard" in LN, but not sure at the AA tho.
Old 2012-09-01, 07:15   Link #418
churchblue
Banned

I hope that Phil Barrett dies. He's a real bastard. Anywho, my question still wasn't answered: Why did Akatsuki, Miu and their friends go back to Alazzard after killing that bastard.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 13:20   Link #419
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
now, akatsuki is (and probably is the ONLY MC to be so) a candidate for the title "magnificent bastard" in LN, but not sure at the AA tho.
He eventually gets the "Maou Title too" so instead of being a Hagure Yuusha they end up calling him a maou. He might be weak compared to his dad. But hes probably one of the strongest in the other world.
Old 2012-09-03, 20:45   Link #420
churchblue
Banned

I still trying to understand that Ranking system. Can someone type it up again?

Last edited by churchblue; 2012-09-06 at 10:57.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen