Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-24, 21:53   Link #1
Sail

New to fansubs!

Hey,

I have been a mainstream anime and manga fan for a while, but I'm totally new to fansubs! I think it's great what you guys do here!

I need some suggestions for fansubs. I like action and comedy, preferably both together, I like FMA, Beck, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Hikaru no Go, both the anime and mangas for most of these.

Thanks!
--Sail
Old 2006-03-25, 00:58   Link #2
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well, try Bleach if you like FMA. They're kinda' alike, yet I think FMA was way better than most shounen anime.

Action and Comedy... well, if you're into bathroom jokes, watch Naruto. There's not much of a comedy besides that.

Full Metal Panic/Fumoffu/The Second Raid would be good choices aswel, but they're already licensed (Well, all of these are.), so you're on your own to find 'em. Good mix between comedy and hardcore military action.

And welcome :P Once you're into fansubs, there's no way out.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-03-25, 02:05   Link #3
Juan Valdez

Bleach and whatnot are great, but since your new to fansubs, how about checking out some shows that aren't mainstream (or licensed).

One show I like to recommend is Futakoi Alternative. It's got action, comedy and zaniness. I love it, but admit it's not everyones bag.

Someone else recommended Dokuro-chan to me and I found it enjoyable. Lots of outrageous comedy, lots of blood.

Monster is worth a look. It's long but it pays off. No comedy but an intriguing story.

I'd also recommend Mai HiME (licensed) and Mai Otome (unlicensed). Both are a great blend of action and drama with a little comedy thrown in.

That's all I've got right now.
Old 2006-03-25, 12:06   Link #4
miaka

action and comedy genre...
Hunter x Hunter- its action adventure friendship theme.

Eyeshield 21 is also action comedy genre but its sport action and not the usual "fight". Its about american football.
Closed Thread