AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 07:45   Link #61
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well you could use celestial3 from Nozomu, then make her go frozen statis (sp?). Nozomu is a great character in normal and hard, but in super hard I think he really lack in power until you get is immortal will. :/

Sol is much better. He even able to kill those two admistrators of time space in one hit in super hard. It really makes me go O.o.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 08:29   Link #62
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I find Narukana-sama to be better as an All Rounder, really. The only thing she lacks is the ability to boost her mana, but that doesn't slow her down as much as you might think.

Yeah, Nozomu is awesome in Normal and Hard, but in Super Hard, his lack of percentage-based damage really cuts into his effectiveness. Immortal Will 3 is the only remedy that he has for that.

Sorluska is a BEAST. Christ. He's just obscene in Super Hard, along with Katima and Zetsu! And if you're looking for more heavy damage dealers, I hear that Naya's also part of that list.

A bit off-topic, but I just love how Narukana-sama gets turned on. Even in that regard, she's not like other women...lol.

いいのぉ、感じすぎちゃうっ! もっと、もっと握り締めてぇっ
Old 2008-01-13, 09:01   Link #63
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

If you have the permanent will from Naya's route, you could to the list. Although the animation of it is a bit ^.^;. But I think she's better as a supporter.

Like Zetsu uses 会者定離の太刀 and Naya finish it with a simple fire ball.

BTW. is there another way to boost your status over 500% in a battle, other than using status boosting skills like holy or defending with リディネス shield.

And what about elementals? Some skills are able to increase or decrease elementals, but what's the use of it?
Old 2008-01-13, 09:08   Link #64
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The attack animation for that attack is rather cute!

Stats boosters, Readiness skills, Tower boost (the tower artifact that provide additional attacks and defense while in towns) and Orihalcon Names are the only things I can remember that can help your stats go past 500%. Like with my earlier posted screenshots.

Affinity increase/decrease affects your overall damage dealt and taken. With my Murakamo no Nozomu, he actually deals more damage without Holy's status boosts, because of the decrease in elemental affinity that Holy causes.
Old 2008-01-13, 09:47   Link #65
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well it doesn't really fit her character. :/ She has more a leader type character, than a cheerful type. Even when she jumps around making 'puni-puni' sound effect makes me go -.-;

Thanks answering those questions.
Old 2008-01-13, 16:21   Link #66
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

MWahahahahaa, finished Ch 3 mission 1 with 664 IP, gehehehehehe!

I put Nozomu as an all-rounder like the guide suggested and good lord he may be a slow bastard but he steamrolls nearly everything in his path.

I have aura shield 2, yaay.
Old 2008-01-14, 07:37   Link #67
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Nice, nice! Now you can handle the boss of Chapter 3 with relative ease.
Old 2008-01-14, 14:28   Link #68
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Speaking of ch 3's boss, I have that whole mission just under the needed amount of IP for SS rank, even after levelling everyone up at least once, but it's the last boss that's putting me back down to S rank after killing off one of my party members. I'm going to try Ruputna, Nozomu, and Jaetzia again, since they seem to have the best results, but does anyone else have any tips?
Old 2008-01-14, 15:18   Link #69
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

If Thalia has ice vanisher2, she is a much better choice than Ruputna. Because she's able to vanish the boss start support skill.

Vanisher should stick as a supporter.

On normal:
If he has a high material defence use an attacker with high force attack and a defender with high material defence.
If he has a high force/resist defence use an attacker with high material attack and a defender with high force/resist defence.

On hard/super hard:
Use skills with percentages.

Well you rely skills with percentages in hard/super hard. Those are the damage dealers, while those skills really sucks at normal >.<
Old 2008-01-14, 17:05   Link #70
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

You need Ruputna's skill that can vanish lvl 6 skills though to counter the boss's shinjuu summon skill, which can pretty much end the fight within two turns. I tried using both Ruputna and Thalia together, switching their support roles, and it works but their damage output isn't high enough to prevent the boss from eventually wittling down Nozomu's aura shield and killing him off.

I actually managed it once with Ruputna, Nozomu, and the red cryst but the cryst died at the end and brought my score down. I got really close with Ruputna, Nozomu, and Jaetzia, and I'm gonna try again.

EDIT: Actually it looks like vanishing the boss's start skill seemingly prevents him from summoning his shinjuu later on, and his damage output really went down. This might actually work. o___o

EDIT2: Nope, he still summoned it. X___X But I think I know how to beat him now.

EDIT3: Ding dong the bastard's dead!! And I didn't lose anyone. SS rank plus 20+k mana worth of levelling everyone up. Baahahahaha.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-01-14 at 17:28.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 02:50   Link #71
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Good job.

Yah, I did try if Ruputna first, but I found Thalia was better. Thalia isn't able to vanish his shinjuu, but she is able to vanish his start support skill. I found that skill was more annoying than his summon skill. Heck even with Thalia, Nozomu and Jaetzia at level 10 his summon was the only skill that damage my characters (about 1111). ^.^

Well you need to beat him three more times :P

But I must say the boss at Chapter 2 is far more annoying than this guy. You're not able to defend, attack and/or heal very well :/
Old 2008-01-15, 07:55   Link #72
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What I find annoying about ベルバルザード is his initial Support Skill, because it really boosts his damage output. Taking that away from him increases survivability, but he can still summon his Shinjuu, which is why I went with Nozomu, Thalia and Ruptna on my first go.

Oh yeah, I forgot to warn you that you fight him in a town later on.
Old 2008-01-15, 14:28   Link #73
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
What I find annoying about ベルバルザード is his initial Support Skill, because it really boosts his damage output. Taking that away from him increases survivability, but he can still summon his Shinjuu, which is why I went with Nozomu, Thalia and Ruptna on my first go.

Oh yeah, I forgot to warn you that you fight him in a town later on.
To add on to Selkirk's earlier comment about not needing to get SS ranks all the time, there's another way to easily beat that boss in chapter 3 without Nozomu's aura shield 2, which I haven't tested but am pretty sure would work.

If you hit him with a material-heavy attack, he'll retaliate with his force damage attack, and vice-versa, so what you do is have a party made up of Ruputna, Thalia, and Jaetzia. Have Thalia as support in the first round to cancel his start support skill, then keep her there until he's about to summon his shinjuu, then move Ruputna to support for one turn, then put Thalia back, which is how you beat him with Ruputna, Nozomu, and Thalia.

If you don't have Nozomu's aura shield 2, you do the same but keep switching Ruputna/Thalia and Jaetzia back and forth in attack and defender roles. If you keep the timing, you'll absorb most or all of his return damage, do full damage on him, and be able to vanish all of his support skills.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:11   Link #74
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

A nice theory that should work, but I don't think he will keep swapping his defence skill with Ruputna, Nozomu and Thalia. All three of them have only skills with high material and low force damage skills (except Nozomu's overdrive, but that is kinda waste).

With Ruputna, Thalia and Jaetzia should work, but the question is how much damage Ruputna and/or Thalia need to asorb before he 'dies'. 'blue' characters doesn't have very high material defence.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:55   Link #75
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
With Ruputna, Thalia and Jaetzia should work, but the question is how much damage Ruputna and/or Thalia need to asorb before he 'dies'. 'blue' characters doesn't have very high material defence.
On the other hand they're only absorbing every other attack rather than every single attack so it's easier. Or keep Jaetzia purely on defense and you'll do small amounts of damage over time but your party won't receive any damage in return over the course of the whole battle.

EDIT:

Regarding Chapter 5 mission 1:

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You bastards, WWWHHHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT2: SS rank permanent wills really aren't end-all-be-all, but the one you get for clearing chapter 3 mission 1 at SS rank is very useful (Aura Shield 2). Are there any other ones in particular that one should aim for?

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-01-16 at 03:56.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 11:32   Link #76
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

...Why that reaction over Chapter 5 Mission 1? I don't quite remember well what happens there.
Old 2008-01-16, 13:49   Link #77
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I think that's the one with those 'dragon's/guardians'.

All round Euphie (Euphoria) and she can kill most of those dragon's in one battle (except the white and green one).

IMO team composition is more important than having the right/powerfull pernament wills.

I think the pernament wills that you already have is enough. Most at the time is the wrong team against the wrong team. Like a team that focus on force damage against a team with high resistance.

Again Euphie needs to do most of the work on that map.

I just replay the game and I just put Nozomu, Zetsu and Sol in one team. This team own pretty hard and it's incredible fast.

And Narukana's battle lines still cracks me up.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:45   Link #78
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
...Why that reaction over Chapter 5 Mission 1? I don't quite remember well what happens there.
It's the one where,

Spoiler:

So I'm taking revenge the next mission by all-rounding Euphie and unleashing the power of the Ultimate Fighting Loli on the enemy. *laughes with glee*
Old 2008-01-16, 17:07   Link #79
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

According the power of the shinken Euphie is the second most powerful playable character in this game.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:44   Link #80
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh yeah, that part. I was thinking that, too, but I wasn't sure if the "reset" happened in Mission 1 or 2. At least your revenge willl be exquisitely delightful this time round, heh, what with sending Euphie as an AllRounder!

And yes. Narukana-sama's battle lines are absolutely awesome.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel