AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-19, 09:02   Link #1921
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I don't get why there are so many comics of Will and Young Lion. Have the game ever mentioned something like that happening?
Old 2010-12-19, 12:57   Link #1922
Pika_power

Spoiler for EP7 complete patch:
Old 2010-12-19, 14:33   Link #1923
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by incko View Post
I'm in the middle of the Tea Party of Episode 7,

a few moments before Will appears in the Tea Party the text says somethign about
that the persont talking is not capable of love(sex?) because of his body, and that he had rather died of that accident than live this life similar to furniture

Is this Lion talking? and is this the answer to his gender question? does he in fact have no gender because of some strange accident? was some kind of accident ever mentioned in the story?

I would love to read some answers of you
Spoiler for Ep7:

Last edited by loctar87; 2010-12-19 at 14:43.
Old 2010-12-19, 14:44   Link #1924
Demonheart1

I just completed the 7th game and
Spoiler for Ep7 final chapter:
Old 2010-12-19, 14:50   Link #1925
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonheart1 View Post
I just completed the 7th game and
Spoiler for Ep7 final chapter:
Spoiler for EP7 solution:
Old 2010-12-19, 16:11   Link #1926
Witch of Uncertainty

I'm at the part where Shannon and someone is discussing Mystery novels and the "why dunnit". First now, I get the "exposure" of Beatrice's heart. I really love how it's all tied together.
Old 2010-12-19, 16:23   Link #1927
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
It's pretty obvious that Shannon/Yasu isn't actually any kind of murderer, and Bernkastel's portrayal of her, Kyrie, and Rudolf is absolute out-of-character bullshit.

Also Eva is Batman.
Old 2010-12-19, 16:37   Link #1928
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It's pretty obvious that Shannon/Yasu isn't actually any kind of murderer, and Bernkastel's portrayal of her, Kyrie, and Rudolf is absolute out-of-character bullshit.

Also Eva is Batman.
That's one way of looking at it. I don't see it that way though. It may be painful, but that was the truth of what really happened on Oct 4th and 5th. Out of all the infinite possibilities, it was *the one that actually happened*.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:09   Link #1929
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
This isn't a point I haven't seen be discussed much, but based on the beginning of the Episode am I supposed to think that Jessica's asthma is fake, or that she fakes asthma attacks sometimes?

I didn't actually have time to reread the first half of the patch, but going from memory I'm a little confused.
Well she couldn't have been completely faking her asthma, she would need a lot of help for that. Plus she was spooked when she was pranked and didn't want to believe a few servants did all that to her, so why would she be so freaked out if she was pulling basically the same thing for years? It looks more like she's using her asthma to get out of a situation she doesn't like(she fakes it sometimes).
Old 2010-12-19, 17:23   Link #1930
Danichuu

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm having trouble with the installer for Umineko Ep 7. It just stops at extracting ??????????.exe

Which I assume is umineko.exe? idk...

But it's kind of annoying me. I have my laptop's locale set to Japan and all, and i have Japanese font and all...
Old 2010-12-19, 17:24   Link #1931
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctar87 View Post
That's one way of looking at it. I don't see it that way though. It may be painful, but that was the truth of what really happened on Oct 4th and 5th. Out of all the infinite possibilities, it was *the one that actually happened*.
No. Just no. That was cartoon logic. It wasn't saddening. It wasn't painful. It's just horribly pieced together. And that's the problem with it.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:34   Link #1932
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
No. Just no. That was cartoon logic. It wasn't saddening. It wasn't painful. It's just horribly pieced together. And that's the problem with it.
I'll admit that the personalities were a bit inconsistent with the games we've seen so far. But so what? The games have nothing to do with what really happened.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:40   Link #1933
SonozakiUshiromiya

Quote:
Exactly. The whole "Lion, you're doomed too" thing for example. So Kinzo showed off the epitath after everyone suddenly had a fit about Lion being the heir(including Krauss!). Everyone solves it(remember now, there's no Beatrice) and then everything goes to hell like she said it(including Lion being killed by Kyrie). Now the guns, and the bomb was there in that VIP room without Beatrice putting them there or arming it. The bomb goes off anyway. Eva knows to run to Kuwadorian anyway. BULL. SHIT.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:55   Link #1934
loctar87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonozakiUshiromiya View Post
Exactly. The whole "Lion, you're doomed yoo" thing for example. So Kinzo showed off the epitath after everyone suddenly had a fit about Lion being the heir(including Krauss!). Everyone solves it(remember now, there's no Beatrice) and then everything goes to hell like she said it(including Lion being killed by Kyrie). Now the guns, and the bomb was there in that VIP room without Beatrice putting them there or arming it. The bomb goes off anyway. Eva knows to run to Kuwadorian anyway. BULL. SHIT.
Yes, the part about Lion dying was just Bernkastel's cruelty, but that doesn't change anything. Bernkastel's signature is to expose the ugliest truth, shove it into the face of people who deny it, and laugh at their suffering. With that in mind, I don't know why this couldn't be what really happened, like she says it is.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:57   Link #1935
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
I'll admit that the personalities were a bit inconsistent with the games we've seen so far. But so what? The games have nothing to do with what really happened.
I wasn't only referring to the characters.

And they do. You wouldn't even know about the explosion accident or the epitaph if it weren't for the games.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:03   Link #1936
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Yes, the part about Lion dying was just Bernkastel's cruelty, but that doesn't change anything. Bernkastel's signature is to expose the ugliest truth, shove it into the face of people who deny it, and laugh at their suffering. With that in mind, I don't know why this couldn't be what really happened, like she says it is.
Bernkastel didn't show the truth in Ep6, she showed a blatant lie and she knew it.
She forged a whole deal of documents based on the conclusion that Natsuhi was the culprit, and it was completely false.

The claim that Bernkastel is evil but she still shows the truth doesn't stand. Evidence shows that she doesn't care if the culprit is real or just an innocent that was framed.

Old 2010-12-19, 18:08   Link #1937
loctar87

Quote:
I wasn't only referring to the characters.

And they do. You wouldn't even know about the explosion accident or the epitaph if it weren't for the games.
I phrased that poorly. The setup is the same as the games, of course. I meant to say that even if the culprit is Lion in the games, there's no reason why things can't be slightly different in reality. The truth may be that Kyrie and Rudolf are scum.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:10   Link #1938
Cao Ni Ma

I agree with everyone in here that says that Bern is pulling a fast one on the crew with the tea party. The thing is, how is she doing it? She's stated that she isn't the game master, but what if she is? Would doing things that aren't possible with the pieces end up with her falling into a logic error? I really hope this is the case to have a sense of satisfaction in locking her up in one in EP8!
Old 2010-12-19, 18:16   Link #1939
SonozakiUshiromiya

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep 6, Bern's TIP
It appears she is concerned with with who actually wins and cares more about how brutal an end might be reached.
Say nothing about wanting the truth. Neither does any of her actions. I love Rika just as much as the next Higurashi fan, but Bern's inexcusable. Also Ange was dragged in to watch. Disregarding character flaws, Kyrie's common sense comes into question. Now, there are 4 guns and a bomb(although there wasn't much to go on about 900t of explosives) there. Beatrice's beaten and she just sits there, not caring what happens at all. She hands you a cash card. Now this clearly unstable girl was able to secretly turn unsafe gold into cash. And by her word, the bomb works. Not to mention her efforts show a clear grudge against the family. Now that she can't secretly kill everyone, how do you think she can get revenge on everyone now? There's no motive besides SERIOUS greed that doesn't even have to exist as is and hasn't been shown to existas is(At least not as present as in Kyrie and Rudolf). Kyrie would have to be the most guillible person in the world to not see this.(quote: Jan-Poo. And she's right.)
Old 2010-12-19, 18:17   Link #1940
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Say...

How is that the same incident happened in Lion's world? Wouldn't the bomb have gone off if Beato wasn't there to tell them about the switch?