Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-01, 23:02   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Chapter 213 [Manga] Discussion

Been awhile anyway...
213 Trifle

Spoiler:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-02-01 at 23:39.
Old 2006-02-02, 01:30   Link #2
M4rauder

Sounds like a good chapter. Can't wait to see Ichimaru again.
Old 2006-02-02, 02:57   Link #3
Seras

no teaser pictures this week?
Old 2006-02-02, 03:23   Link #4
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Holy crap! Their the lower class gillian? I can hardly imagine what the highest class would be. At this rate, I can also hardly imagine how the shinigami can beat them.

Ichigo really needs to utilized and control his powers better because if they're having a hard time against lower class gillian of all things, the rest of the shinigami needs help.
Old 2006-02-02, 03:48   Link #5
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

As the ranking of the class increases, the number should decrease. I believe the first 10 are espadas. If they are going to create more powerful ones, I guess there should be less than that (3-5). For the time being, we can consider, one for Ichigo, one for Hiraku (the other hybrid -assuming he is the strongest of those), one for ishida. These are the strange powered ones that can logically power up and compete with the more powerful ones. We don't know how powerful Ishida can become, but he competed equally against a captain (although receiving significant damage), so with his father's guidance he can go above that, reaching the level of the newer ones.

Other espadas can be dealt by other captains. And the other non-soul society member captains (isshin,urahara, yoruichi) can deal with aizen-tousen-gin trio. We'll see who will fight against whom. But, first training.
Old 2006-02-02, 05:53   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think I missed something: Wasn't Ikkaku near dying after his fight? Of course nobody really expected him to, but shouldn't he still be wounded heavily?
If his damages are similar to the damages Kenpaichi has received against two other captains, he should be ok. Or in the worst case, if the damages are similar to Ichigo's (he received in soul society many times - but continue to stand up for some time), again he should be ok.

Even if he is hurt, I guess he can bear it for some time and cover them to prevent others see them. But, since there is no spoiler image, we cannot be sure of.
Old 2006-02-02, 11:21   Link #7
OMchan
オムちゃん

Spoiler for a pic:

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2006-02-02, 12:07   Link #8
Biswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Spoiler for a pic:
Awesome. I figured he wouldn't change his look a lot like Aizen or Tousen did, but i wouldn't like it much if he did. His new getup looks pretty cool on him either way :O.

P.S. - I still don't like Tousen. His sense of justice is so great, to prove it, he gets to rip off grimmjow's arm.

Also, im confused. Does that mean that grimmjow wasn't an espada? or is he just a crappy and unperfected espada while the other 5 were gilians. FOr a second i kind of thought that even Grimmjow was a gillian, but that would be pretty creepy.
Old 2006-02-02, 14:05   Link #9
bluegarden

great chapter

yay!! gin is back

can't wait for the reunion between him and rangiku.*waves Ginxrangiku banner*
Old 2006-02-02, 19:08   Link #10
Kona
Banned

I find it quite wierd that keigos sister likes ikkaku aww how cute. Poor ururu >.<, well that was a cute moment when urahara held her hand.I heard grimmjow was inspired by slipknot because KT likes them. Dam.. those vastroode are incomplete hmm.. i smell bankai. Tousen whats up man? Being a little hardcore eh? I really dont see a point of doing that because they probably have a self regenerating ability. Gin! was a cool appearance, i like how all 3 of em look now. I thought he would have some funky hair style but its the same ol crazy gin.
Old 2006-02-02, 20:19   Link #11
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Does anybody get the vibe that all the Arrancars' clothing looks like pajamas?
Old 2006-02-02, 20:33   Link #12
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Hey, it looks fashionably good. Personally, I thought Gin looks like he's wearing a bath robe or something.
Old 2006-02-02, 20:46   Link #13
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
Also, im confused. Does that mean that grimmjow wasn't an espada? or is he just a crappy and unperfected espada while the other 5 were gilians. FOr a second i kind of thought that even Grimmjow was a gillian, but that would be pretty creepy.
No just see it this way.....uptil now Aizen confirms hes only been able to make Espada's out of Gillian's, Grimjoww is nothing more than a stronger than average grunt whos been made ridiculously powerful by the transformation......Aizen is still trying to make Shinigami's out of Vastrodes.
Old 2006-02-02, 21:12   Link #14
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Ikkaku and Keigo comic relief makes this chapter a win.
Old 2006-02-02, 21:50   Link #15
Ichimaru

Hope Gin kicks some ass
Old 2006-02-02, 22:05   Link #16
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
Well its simply for coolness factor. Noone wants to get their asses kicked by uber demons in pajamas ... thats just straight pwnage. The only worse thing was if they were beating you in front of your mom with your fav song playing in the background ... >_>
Old 2006-02-03, 00:39   Link #17
Dual247

could just be me, but on page 7, doesn't orihime looked like she's sad/jealous that ichigo cared for rukia so much, because maybe she loves him? have no clue, i can't tell a thing with all those japanese words
Old 2006-02-03, 01:11   Link #18
Aceboogy

hate to say I told you so

I remember a few chapters back,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceboogy
Is it possible that we've never seen an arrankar which was made from a Vastrode?? I mean just humor me for a second, why would the menos let Aizen do experiments on their strongest ranks? Hitsugaya said that they're 3 levels of menos: Gilian, ajucas and vastrode. I haven't read every shonen manga out but i do know that they NEVER jump from introducing the weakest (Gilian) straight to the introduction of the strongest (Vastrode).

I mean it's just me, but I don't want to jump to the conclusion that we're seeing fights against captin class menos, so early in a new arc.
I kinda guessed that the arrancar that we were seeing were mere gillians, but someone started getting their panties in a bunch about how arrancar are totally different....Blah Blah Blah........

Enough of me praising my insight......

Loved the chapter, can't wait to see what level the vizards truly are at, are they Vastrode level, or are they near or above ajucas.
Old 2006-02-03, 01:14   Link #19
emessen

my only problem with the chapter is the revelation that the 5 other arrancar besides Grimmjaw were Gilian...

thought Gilian's were the all huge dumbass look alike menos grande that Ichigo drove off earlier in the story

but when they released their zanpakutou to reveal their true hollow form they didnt look alike at all...

other than that a cool chapter... Tousen got an upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think I missed something: Wasn't Ikkaku near dying after his fight? Of course nobody really expected him to, but shouldn't he still be wounded heavily?
when we see him... Keigo's sister can see him... so he's in a gigai... guess he's healing in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
could just be me, but on page 7, doesn't orihime looked like she's sad/jealous that ichigo cared for rukia so much, because maybe she loves him? have no clue, i can't tell a thing with all those japanese words
the fact that Orihime's got a huge thing for ichigo is very apparent since chapter 2 of the manga when she was introduced

it was downplayed in the anime
Old 2006-02-03, 01:58   Link #20
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

All I have to say... Don't give up Orihime! We (at least I do) support you!

I thought this chapter was pretty interesting... the silence between battles...
Closed Thread