AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-17, 03:48   Link #201
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
This is what i see from the story so far
- Badass, manipulative, chill af mc

- The girls have their own problems. Hori with isolation, Kushida with twisted personalities, Sakura with her reserveness and idol thingy, Karuizawa being bullied in the past, Arisu from the White room, Ichinose, hmm..., maybe in the future but we'll see. The point is, mc helps them solve their problems in one way or another.

- The mc has a fucked up past. He is trained-brainwashed or smth to become "the best". It is likely that the girls will help him with his past in return.

So.... Grisaia 2.0 ???
For what Akanokouji said about desiring to live a normal life, I think he genuinely mean it. Given his screwed up childhood life was mostly spent to be made a highly intelligent "super soldier", he really deserves it. For that, he's probably trying to cope up with the lost times when he should have lived differently. I mean, it's true to my case, when I spent little time on how to live like a normie & wants to make efforts at the fullest when I get into university. Anyway, he probably resent how he was brought up in the White Room & refuses to appease his father to show the society that he's made a "perfect" human like what his father wants - something he feels that anyone are had best not to know.

Well, I can think of the only catch is, if one girl he gets along can help him getting pass & overcome his White Room's training from hell conditioning, will likely be his girlfriend.

Keep Ichinose off the equation. I don't think she's the type who has a troubled past.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2017-08-17 at 04:01.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 04:00   Link #202
tuckersister

I still ship Akanokouji and Sakura. I think she would be sympathetic to him if she found out his secret and it wouldn't change their relationship. If they became a couple, it wouldn't be a hassle to either of them.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 04:09   Link #203
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still ship Akanokouji and Sakura. I think she would be sympathetic to him if she found out his secret and it wouldn't change their relationship. If they became a couple, it wouldn't be a hassle to either of them.
I personally favor Ichinose for him, by the longshot. I don't think she would mind who he is either. Not sure if Kazuiwara would accept him or not, unless she would want him as the badass she needs.

Kushida would feel deathly paranoid if she learned his true nature, kinda like how she's paranoid of Horikita, to think that she feared that either one knows too much. But she better not to cross Akanokouji if she's afraid of getting expelled after the shitshow she has created.

On the other hand, Horikita should at best stay as his partner. She don't want him to be his enemy.

Anyway, I'm merely concerning the Class D folks may have too much comfort for their own good.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2017-08-17 at 04:47.
Old 2017-08-17, 05:45   Link #204
Mezter

I don't know about Ichinose. She seems too perfect and I don't even know why she is in Class B instead of A. Also she has zero romantic, or frankly, any development with MC and I guess that doesn't help.

Imo the chemistry between MC and Karuizawa is pretty awesome and reason why I ship them. She was also the only one who congratulated MC's birthday...and MC said in his monologue that she trusts Kei more than Horkita etc. I also like Sakura tho. So not sure which ship I prefer the most.

But I'm more interested in character developments and how the story unfolds so romance isn't my prime interest.
Mezter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 06:14   Link #205
Moogster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I don't know about Ichinose. She seems too perfect and I don't even know why she is in Class B instead of A. Also she has zero romantic, or frankly, any development with MC and I guess that doesn't help.

Imo the chemistry between MC and Karuizawa is pretty awesome and reason why I ship them. She was also the only one who congratulated MC's birthday...and MC said in his monologue that she trusts Kei more than Horkita etc. I also like Sakura tho. So not sure which ship I prefer the most.

But I'm more interested in character developments and how the story unfolds so romance isn't my prime interest.
Can you spoil me on this? Who is the actual girl that is closest to MC? Like an girl that he actually treats as a person I mean.

Does MC call Karuizawa with her first name as well?
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 06:35   Link #206
Mezter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster View Post
Can you spoil me on this? Who is the actual girl that is closest to MC? Like an girl that he actually treats as a person I mean.

Does MC call Karuizawa with her first name as well?
Closest to MC is probably Karuizawa as of volume 6 (in terms of how MC uses her as a 'tool' and protecting her in return). Horikita is more of a cooperator for D-class' journey to A-class. Sakura...likes MC and MC probably treats her as a person, not a tool. Kushida...is probably furthest away tbh.

I personally think the anime version of MC is slightly different from the novel, since in the novel he actually sounds like a normal human being, due to various monologues so we get to know his feelings towards other girls.
Old 2017-08-17, 06:45   Link #207
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

The classes seems to function based on social hierarchy caste system similar to the one of the Indus civilization:

Class D is fill with mainly a mixed group of dull, undisciplined "outcasts" and socially inept folks, regardless of academic performances. Feels like curriculums and social track records matter more.
- Horikita supposedly able to get into Class A, but due to her anti-social behavior, she was placed into Class D
- Kushida could at least got into Class B, but placed into Class D mainly because of her created a serious case of fighting in middle school.
- Sakura case was maybe because of her "needless" hobby & self-esteem issue
- Akanokouji is the oddest case that "people had best not to know", even though he should have been in Class A with his full potential

Class C looks like mostly delinquints. It's baffling how those guys seem "brighter" than those in Class D.

Class B folks seem normal-ish. Although I personally think people shouldn't go too far with their conspiracy theory on Ichinose, since it's actually legal to stock up points like a safekeeper, something a treasurer normally do. Let's just say she's the foil to Kushida, but I do think Ichinose lack a few aspects to be an elitist in Class A. But hey, she don't seems to fit to be an elitist, it kills her character.

Class A is without a doubt an ideal elitist caste. Though I heard that it's divided by two factions - Katsuragi's (bald dude) & Arisu's
Old 2017-08-17, 06:46   Link #208
Moogster

Quote:
Closest to MC is probably Karuizawa as of volume 6 (in terms of how MC uses her as a 'tool' and protecting her in return). Horikita is more of a cooperator for D-class' journey to A-class. Sakura...likes MC and MC probably treats her as a person, not a tool. Kushida...is probably furthest away tbh.
Oh I thought that he at least has a small thing going on with Karuizawa. From what you said it seems like there is none and still just a Pawn to him.

Kushida has no chance really. I just hope she gets punished.
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 06:53   Link #209
Mezter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster View Post
Oh I thought that he at least has a small thing going on with Karuizawa. From what you said it seems like there is none and still just a Pawn to him.

Kushida has no chance really. I just hope she gets punished.
Well it doesn't just seem like a 100% pawn, as MC did hestitate deleting the birthday message Kei sent him (he normally deletes every message he received and sent). He did also bother remembering Kei's birthday thanks to that. I read a spoiler that at the end of volume 6, he said he will destroy whoever puts Kei in danger (not sure if this is because he doesnt want to lose his pawn or he just wants to protect her).

And oh yeah, Sakura also calls MC by his first name, not only Kei (vol.6)
Old 2017-08-17, 07:43   Link #210
SilverGlavenus

With Kushida's actions and behaviors, I think MC is the only one that can accept and "reform" her (into becoming his pawn ofc )

Ichinose is kinda too perfect you know ?? With the story so far, I expect each character to have some kind of problem and work towards solving it.

With mc's personality, it's difficult to know if he trusts someone as his pawn or as a friend or love interest

But anyway, I hope mc can wipe the floor with Ryuuen next volume.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 08:04   Link #211
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Well it doesn't just seem like a 100% pawn, as MC did hestitate deleting the birthday message Kei sent him (he normally deletes every message he received and sent). He did also bother remembering Kei's birthday thanks to that. I read a spoiler that at the end of volume 6, he said he will destroy whoever puts Kei in danger (not sure if this is because he doesnt want to lose his pawn or he just wants to protect her).
I honestly think Kei looks attractive & probably goes well with Kiyotaka by the first sight I see her. It actually a good to know that he don't see everyone like that.

But, I don't like how others call Kei as literally being his... whore. Frankly, it's a nasty thing to say like this. Don't get me wrong... it genuinely feels bad for her to be treated such a way. Even he would genuinely feel the same after heard of get bullied in the past.
Old 2017-08-17, 09:07   Link #212
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
But, I don't like how others call Kei as literally being his... whore. Frankly, it's a nasty thing to say like this. Don't get me wrong... it genuinely feels bad for her to be treated such a way. Even he would genuinely feel the same after heard of get bullied in the past.
Mu? The only characters who treat Karuizawa as a slut were Manabe and her group and it was only in vol 4 when Karuizawa was about to be bullied by them.

Ah, I remember that there's a guy on facebook who said a false spoiler about Karuizawa being a slut because... I don't remember what he said...

But there are many people believing false spoilers that he is saying.

BTW Does anyone have the 3 SS of Karuizawa?
Old 2017-08-17, 10:23   Link #213
Vaans
NEET

I just came out from watching the anime. Both mediums are really popular.

I'm interested in Ichinose and her being the most popular. Can anyone can give more info about
her? And why she's a popular and favorite character in the series?

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 10:39   Link #214
Lnlover

Amongst the girls did something happen with Mio and Mc?
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 10:44   Link #215
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
I just came out from watching the anime. Both mediums are really popular.

I'm interested in Ichinose and her being the most popular. Can anyone can give more info about
her? And why she's a popular and favorite character in the series?
She's hot as hell and from what we've seen so far she's a genuine nice girl who helps everyone. Considering all that it's not surprising she's so popular. She has my vote too.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 11:10   Link #216
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
She's hot as hell and from what we've seen so far she's a genuine nice girl who helps everyone. Considering all that it's not surprising she's so popular. She has my vote too.
People hails her as the "best girl" for a reason. I mean, after all. She has a fairly more robust character for a sweetheart, compare to Sakura's honey trap type that even that shopkeeper creep trying to rape her.
Old 2017-08-17, 11:13   Link #217
SilverGlavenus

I have trust issues after Kushida tbh. Geez, when i saw the trailer for the anime i thought her to be best girl. Couldn't be any more wrong. Now I can't look at the girls in this show without seeing some kind of .. errm .. problems
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 11:19   Link #218
readher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
People hails her as the "best girl" for a reason. I mean, after all. She has a fairly more robust character for a sweetheart, compare to Sakura's honey trap type that even that shopkeeper creep trying to rape her.
Yep. Ichinose is very capable and fairly independent compared to how usually characters of her type are. It's really refreshing. Often those super nice characters are childish, naive, hopeless and overall annyoing and hence I don't root for them, but in this series she's hands down my favorite.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 00:07   Link #219
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
I have trust issues after Kushida tbh. Geez, when i saw the trailer for the anime i thought her to be best girl. Couldn't be any more wrong. Now I can't look at the girls in this show without seeing some kind of .. errm .. problems
I should say "well played" to the animators for making several fanservice shots of Kushida, till the fanservice of hers rubbed me in the wrong way when she revealed her twisted personality.

Speaking of which, after Vol 6, I think Kushida might be afraid of getting expelled, right after when the shitshow she created has gotten most Class D folks on the edge against her. She barely learned from her past mistake, especially when her paranoia on Horikita got over herself.

Unless if it later found out she has a personality dissonance that she wasn't aware of what her other self was doing, with Kushida got herself in deep, she might tremble with despair when people beginning to question her.
Old 2017-08-18, 00:14   Link #220
thefreakmike

What kind of shitshow did she created? Mind sharing spoilers regarding that? Also what is exactly her deal? Like her past or the reason she is a two faced bitch

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller