AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2017-10-22, 20:04   Link #1781
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastPanzer View Post
Her name is Huang Luanyin and, yes, she’s Lingyin’s cousin (and are pretty similar personality-wise) and was in a higher school year than her despite being younger.

Why you ask?

‘Cause this missy is the representative cadet of Taiwan and she skipped a grade under their government’s arrangement so she could be deployed against PRC in the future.
Wow!!! Where’d you learn that? Do you have anything on the others?
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 04:49   Link #1782
LastPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Wow!!! Where’d you learn that? Do you have anything on the others?
Sure thing, they have the whole lot on their official twitter account, @ISAB_PR.

The 7 girls of Ichika’s harem that you all know and loved are already there.

We start with Honne Nohotoke, AKA Nohohon-San...gosh, who would know SHE of all ppl has got a personal unit...

Then again, she DID joke about making a personal unit with cardboard boxes in the next episode previews at the end of Episode 7, Season 2.

(PS: Maybe that one was stolen by someone with an eyepatch known as “sth sth Snake”?)

Then we have Huang Luanyin. Lingyin’s cousin (the two are identical personality-wise) and representative cadet of Taiwan. And then, despite being younger, she was in a higher grade than Ichika and co, due to the fact that she skipped grades due to the island’s government wanting to deploy her sooner against PRC.

(PS: Of all the characters for the phoneme Luan, they chose 乱, which means “chaotic” or “wild” or “orderless”? Score -1 for Izuru’s lousiness at naming foreigners!)

(PPS: As a Chinese I find this ironic. Despite Taiwan’s DESPERATE attempt to break free from the concept of “China” and “Chinese people”—especially under the current , more blatantly pro-independence administration and in the mind of many unfortunately influenced, borderline Japanophillic youngsters within the island—and the amount of support Japan offered them, we now see Izuru and/or the game crew making this girl a relative to the resident Chinese one. To think Izuru DID make a promise to make a Taiwan-based character on his trip to Taiwan back in 2013 to see the fans, that’s a HARD slap to the face to those more pro-independence ones, don’t you think?)

Next up, the dark-skinned girl who, despite using the name of a Hindu GOD, is actually...the representative cadet of THAILAND?

And oh, her full name is Vishnu (SEE?) Isa Galaxy.

Okay, another -1 score for Izuru for bad at naming foreigners!

Nothing much is said despite the fact that she’s got great-looking legs and that are made for kicking...muay thai stereotype much?

Bonus + point for being an archer, and for being voiced by Saori Hayami, aka Aila Jyrkiainen, Miyuki Shiba and Japanese voice for Ruby Rose from RWBY.

Now for a more masculine maiden, the Dutch representative cadet, Rolancine Rolandifilne (not that bad, but WHAT A MOUTHFUL).

She is an opera singer who mainly played male roles (Takarazuka much? Think Maria Tachibana and Kanna Kirishima from Sakura Wars series).

And rumor has it that she’s got 99 female lovers. Not admirers. LOVERS

Okay I know LGBT is legal in the Netherlands, but this is downright CRAZY.

Up to yesterday, we have sth completely new. Ladies and gents, pls put your hands together for...

Onille & Vanille Comet, Canadian representative cadets and twin idol singers!

And oh, they are unique in their own right because the two pilot a single IS unit together.

That’s about it. Just two more girls left.

Last edited by LastPanzer; 2017-10-23 at 05:01.
LastPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 04:56   Link #1783
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Thank you very much!! You’re a lifesaver! So there should be one more later today, then another tomorrow, right?
Old 2017-10-23, 08:16   Link #1784
LastPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Thank you very much!! You’re a lifesaver! So there should be one more later today, then another tomorrow, right?
You’re welcome and that is right.

We now have today’s girl.

Meet Miss Velvet Hel, representative cadet of...Greece, AGAIN!?

Okay the official Twitter is getting lazy here, nothing said except that she is the high-and-haunty type who is curt on mouth.

But this pain in the ass name...You know, I wouldn’t facepalm this much if they put a Italian or (heaven forbids) TURKISH surname down here. But a English or German “hell”? DO STH RESEARCH IZURU, ABOUT FOREIGN NAMING CONVENTIONS. IT WONT KILL YOU!

Only redeeming point to me is the pose. MOAR DAKKA!!!!

Voiced by Saki Fujita, aka Ymir from AOT, and Tomoko Sakurai from Sora no Otoshimono.

Old 2017-10-23, 11:18   Link #1785
darkofficer
just a devil

alright so far i have seen no one with a name like Rolancine Rolandifilne in the netherlands. If it was rosaline i could understand but that name looks just weird i can't even pronounced it in dutch

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 12:56   Link #1786
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Oh wow, a Taiwanese character? Awesome! It's totally unrealistic that China would allow Taiwan to participate in an international institution like this, but I'm totally willing to forgive Yumizuru Izuru-sensei on this one.

"Rolancine Rolandifilne". Is Dutch. Yeahhhhhhh...

"Vishnu Isa Galaxy". I've met Thai people who explained the Thai nicknaming custom to me, but "Galaxy"? What the hell?

And "Velvet Hel" of Greece. "Velvet" is a word of Latin origin. *sigh* Way to go with completely unrealistic names.

I am reminded that the entire damn series long Laura's IS has been spelled "Roegen" when in fact "rain" in German is "Regen".
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 13:09   Link #1787
darkofficer
just a devil

wel at least i have to say i like the fact that rolan has 99 lovers.

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 13:16   Link #1788
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
wel at least i have to say i like the fact that rolan has 99 lovers.
Inb4 she's somehow still a virgin because lolJapan.
Old 2017-10-23, 13:35   Link #1789
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Inb4 she's somehow still a virgin because lolJapan.
They are female lovers
Old 2017-10-23, 15:13   Link #1790
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:

(PPS: As a Chinese I find this ironic. Despite Taiwan’s DESPERATE attempt to break free from the concept of “China” and “Chinese people”—especially under the current , more blatantly pro-independence administration and in the mind of many unfortunately influenced, borderline Japanophillic youngsters within the island—and the amount of support Japan offered them, we now see Izuru and/or the game crew making this girl a relative to the resident Chinese one. To think Izuru DID make a promise to make a Taiwan-based character on his trip to Taiwan back in 2013 to see the fans, that’s a HARD slap to the face to those more pro-independence ones, don’t you think?)
I'm from Taiwan, and some of us identify as Chinese. Most KMT supporters are fine with the concept of 1 country 2 systems. It's the DPP (which is sadly the majority by a lot) that are against anything Chinese, some almost to a point of fanaticism.

Funny thing, really. Considering that the Republic of China existed before the PRC, so they're throwing away their identity because of something that came after. Some even refusing to speak Mandarin anymore, perhaps not realising Taiwanese Hokkien came from Fujian Province in China. Most cultures, traditions, and deities also came from China.

But that's just me. As long as the CCP doesn't interfere with our politics, then I see no reason why China and Taiwan can't get along.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 15:43   Link #1791
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslight View Post
I'm from Taiwan, and some of us identify as Chinese. Most KMT supporters are fine with the concept of 1 country 2 systems. It's the DPP (which is sadly the majority by a lot) that are against anything Chinese, some almost to a point of fanaticism.

Funny thing, really. Considering that the Republic of China existed before the PRC, so they're throwing away their identity because of something that came after. Some even refusing to speak Mandarin anymore, perhaps not realising Taiwanese Hokkien came from Fujian Province in China. Most cultures, traditions, and deities also came from China.

But that's just me. As long as the CCP doesn't interfere with our politics, then I see no reason why China and Taiwan can't get along.
Authoritarians will always want to interfere in local politics, and the Xi administration could never possibly be expected not to do so.

And not all branched-culture people align as one nation. Just look at Germany and Austria.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 16:09   Link #1792
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Authoritarians will always want to interfere in local politics, and the Xi administration could never possibly be expected not to do so.

And not all branched-culture people align as one nation. Just look at Germany and Austria.
Well they haven't done much yet, unlike Hong Kong.

While that may be true, but Taiwan's official name is the Republic of China. It's literally got "China" in it. Taiwan is the name of the island.
Old 2017-10-24, 07:15   Link #1793
LastPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslight View Post
Well they haven't done much yet, unlike Hong Kong.

While that may be true, but Taiwan's official name is the Republic of China. It's literally got "China" in it. Taiwan is the name of the island.
Didn’t see you as a scanlator, always wanted to learn more Japanese without wanting to be branded as a weebaboo.

Pretty sure war is the last thing people on both sides of the Taiwan Straight wanted, and to be honest, glad to see a potentially Chinese-speaking fellow around here.

As for Hong Kong...the issue is, to my opinion, a simple issue MADE complex by a combination of administration problems and purposeful manipulation from outside forces. Macau, on the other hand...

Then again I don’t want to dive into politics too much. This is not an area for such topics.
Old 2017-10-24, 08:03   Link #1794
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Didn’t see you as a scanlator, always wanted to learn more Japanese without wanting to be branded as a weebaboo.

Pretty sure war is the last thing people on both sides of the Taiwan Straight wanted, and to be honest, glad to see a potentially Chinese-speaking fellow around here.

As for Hong Kong...the issue is, to my opinion, a simple issue MADE complex by a combination of administration problems and purposeful manipulation from outside forces. Macau, on the other hand...

Then again I don’t want to dive into politics too much. This is not an area for such topics.
Nah, I'm just the cleaner and typesetter for the manga, someone else does the translating. We've currently got the entire volume 6 scanned, I'm just waiting for the translations.
Old 2017-10-24, 08:03   Link #1795
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

We should be getting the last new character today, right?
Old 2017-10-24, 08:11   Link #1796
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Here she is. The last girl is from Russia.
Old 2017-10-24, 08:12   Link #1797
LastPanzer

Finally, the last new girl.

The backup representative cadet of Russia (since Tatenashi already served as their official representative), Clea Lukukhchevka.

Again very lazy intro, just saying she is kinda essentric and carries with her a teddy bear called Pooh-Chan all the time.

That’s it about the characters. Wonder if they can introduce some enemies next...?

Old 2017-10-24, 08:17   Link #1798
kaizers

It's likely just me, but I find that the new character designs apart from Nohotoke & Luangyin, doesn't having an IS-vibe on it
kaizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 08:35   Link #1799
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

If anyone here needs a refreshment, both the father and uncle of Rin have some standings within the Chinese army...

Why the hell does Ichika attract so many girl with military-related or episonage background? Rin, Charl, Laura, Tatenashi... Or girl without family problem in general?

Anyway, can we hope for a Latino pilot anytime soon?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 09:11   Link #1800
LastPanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
If anyone here needs a refreshment, both the father and uncle of Rin have some standings within the Chinese army...

Why the hell does Ichika attract so many girl with military-related or episonage background? Rin, Charl, Laura, Tatenashi... Or girl without family problem in general?

Anyway, can we hope for a Latino pilot anytime soon?
I’m expecting a Korean or Indian or Middle Eastern, though the latter two look really less likely to be thrown inside the IS-verse.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist