AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 08:17   Link #37961
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...every case of AI rampancy stated led to said AI taking over a planet-sized computer system and planning to take over the universe....

EVERY. SINGLE. CASE.

...now we know where the F$%^!#^&!#ing Reapers come from.

Quote:
"Have fun, sweeties!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:27   Link #37962
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

De... I... I don't plan to go that far with AI rampancy...! Not for now at least...

The way I see it, it's like Tabane has a leash on the Silver Gospel AI and she's practically screwing around with the AI while also keeping it from going rouge entirely.
Old 2012-11-03, 08:54   Link #37963
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
The way I see it, it's like Tabane has a leash on the Silver Gospel AI and she's practically screwing around with the AI while also keeping it from going rouge entirely.
- Or maybe she's goading it into become Rampant, just to see what the response will be later on?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:59   Link #37964
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I prefer my interpretation of Tabane:

A freaking Troll who is more devious than she acted/appear.

Having Fun appear to be major goal of Tabane.... will even go as far as Manipulating others in such a way that they don't deviate from her "fun" plan (Admittedly the latter part might be true.)

I make it in such as way that she already have technology more advanced than IS but keep it secret because "it won't be fun".

A take-that to other fanfic (especially those with original machine more or equally advanced as IS): She is just trolling around.

The reason why IS have weakness is deliberate attempt on her part to make things more interesting...

When the glove really comes off, she show what she means that life is unfair.(Read: Infinite Energy + infinite Absolute Barrier + Energy Barrier Nullifying + access to all One-off ability.)

The Ultimate IS use AI. An AI that keep improving with every Golem battles. Any tactics used once will not work the second time..... not like tactics matter when nothing could scratch it....
Old 2012-11-03, 20:18   Link #37965
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In short we have an invincible final boss that could only beaten super robot style.

At least it has plot unlike original, who can't decide the GENRE at all.
Old 2012-11-04, 03:03   Link #37966
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for astra exodus part 4:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 03:14   Link #37967
Eratas123

Does wearing a hoodie and noting else to cover the face a paper thin disguise?
Old 2012-11-04, 03:21   Link #37968
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
From zero to hypersonic means 0-1800+ mps, in ten second that means 180 g linear acceleration traversing 9.000 meter...

Anyway, I think it's good enough as of now, why didn't you post it?

@ Eras
most definitely yes.
Old 2012-11-04, 03:27   Link #37969
Eratas123

Doesn't it hide the person's features well enough?
Old 2012-11-04, 03:32   Link #37970
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I fgured hypersonic was pushing it so I contemplated supersonic. But I was sure even Akatsubaki could pull that off and be absolutely safe. Mach 3 or 4 just sounded bleh. Hypersonic just seemed to click with the requirements. Fast and suicidal. Rong should be dead, but the physical reinforcement system keeps him alive... though barely.

As for why I haven't posted it yet... should I?
Old 2012-11-04, 04:00   Link #37971
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, Author never really gave us exact figure, the only clue found is that Akatsubaki climb 300 m in a brief moment in the novel, and anime depict sonic boom, so that means somewhere between 10-20g. Remember that it's said repeatedly in the novel that supersonic combat are special.

Gospel's maximum speed: 1380 km/h, a little over Mach 1....

EDIT: which doesn't make sense given how WK portrayed...

@ Eras
Depends, sure thing it actual cover your body and hair, but it's not like people can keep their face down in all situation, so it's sort of qualify depends on circumstances.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-11-04 at 04:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 04:17   Link #37972
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anyway it's not necessary for Rong to actually achieve hypersonic speeds at that point. "zero to hypersonic in 10" just indicated his acceleration. Also, airdrag and the incomplete PIC copy system was pretty much going to get him dead. Laura's words would be already taking IS class PIC into account.
Old 2012-11-04, 04:18   Link #37973
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ That actually makes sense
Old 2012-11-04, 05:00   Link #37974
demino_hellsin
That one guy

??? that's wacked. Gospel is barely supersonic but Strike gunner is a high speed package tuned for hypersonic combat. As far as I know IS cover supersonic velocities on a regular basis. Since they can outrun and out maneuver state of the art jets like nothing.

Finally figured out why I couldn't write IS and Fourze xover before. I'm not too strong in writing from the POV of IS side. I seemed to be more comfortable if it's from KR side. Specially since the IS side is basically in mid story already.
Old 2012-11-04, 05:52   Link #37975
Eratas123

The pilots don't get altered when they use the IS, right?
Old 2012-11-04, 06:00   Link #37976
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think so. The IS support doesn't seem to be a permanent change. Best example of justification of this I can think of is Rin blocking Houki's strike. Ichika states that IS aren't effective until they are properly worn by the pilot. That's why Rin's ability was solely on her own merit and not because of the IS

:|

Ichipedia... the least trustworthy source of information. But it's all I got.
Old 2012-11-04, 06:12   Link #37977
Eratas123

And Charlotte channeling matrix is just plain natural skill?
Old 2012-11-04, 06:32   Link #37978
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I'd have to believe that rather than making assumptions about the technology.
Old 2012-11-04, 07:22   Link #37979
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, that's stated in the novel, not from Ichika, but by Chifuyu herself based on sensor reading. Also, both Cecilia and Rin is the one explained to ichika that supersonic combat is different than usual fight in the arena, Maya also confirmed it.

Yeah, definitely doesn't makes sense, consistent so far until you think back to White Knigth incident.

Hence I need to build up rules from the ground, that I.S. are limited by altitude than anything else, their worst enemy is none other than air resistance. Hypersonic speed doesn't really hard to attain when you're facing 1% of the usual drag force.
Old 2012-11-04, 07:33   Link #37980
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm so I remember the numbers wrong. *shrug* Not like the numbers ever made sense anyway. For me IS already outclass most jets when it comes to speed. Acceleration wise they can go supersonic at a heartbeat.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest