AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 2.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 32.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 22.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-08, 13:17   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

(MFI) Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Zero no Tsukaima (second series), Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

What does the tag (MFI) mean ? Read On :

While Zero no Tsukaima Second Series has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking (or providing) where you can find Zero no Tsukaima Second Series downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima Second Series.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima Second Series episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
Old 2007-09-09, 16:42   Link #2
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The first part of the episode was interesting, the second part was kind of meh....

I wonder how they will use Saito and Louises arguement though as they cant use Julio card now, and also many characters (like Guiche) are dumbed down...

Also it seems that a lot of scenes will be ignored to jump to arguement (which doesn't look so convincing). I would like to see those ignored Saito/Louise and Siesta/Saito scenes (or that WILL be ignored in the future due to fact that only two eps left).

Zero No tsukaima is seriously too short... Though its not like second season is a hit or something (actually its very far from that) its still painful to watch good scenes getting so utterly ignored just for the sake of some fillers...
Old 2007-09-09, 16:55   Link #3
KKensei
Lost Member

Yeah, I was hoping that they would reach to the "big" fight...but at this rate, I wonder where/how they are gonna end the 2nd season...i mean theres only 2 eps left right? If so, wouldn't they only get to the saito x ____ part?
Old 2007-09-09, 17:00   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
being so late into the series its really quite disappointing to see a "filler" type ep
well i guess the development was good but not what I am looking for at this stage - time to get worried

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-09, 18:31   Link #5
Darknemo2000

I still like it more than Agnes sub-plot that was half season long. At least it has Louise and Saito as main characters again. In this season they don't play all that much importance just like their "relationship" (Louise explosion on Saito at every episode ending anyone?).

Still..it feels kind of weird for a 12 ep season to have 7-8 filler, sub-plot based episodes. And thats all just to give us a very rushed ending (which I am guessing will be rushed or at least skipping out A LOT of scenes).
Old 2007-09-09, 20:23   Link #6
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
here i thought he had no ammunition for the guns.
Old 2007-09-09, 20:31   Link #7
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
I think this ep was on par on last week's one... I mean it's the first time any of our main leads get some development. The end of the ep seems like a really good plot point. Maybe just maybe, we may get the
Spoiler for Tsukaima ep 11 preview:
Old 2007-09-09, 22:25   Link #8
asdffdsa

Can anyone put up translated, spoiler-tagged text for the teaser?
Old 2007-09-10, 01:50   Link #9
Darknemo2000

Certainly for a filler it had quite a bit of development,and development is not a word that one would use to describe Louise/Saito relationship as its usually ignored or getting resets...

However, the whole setting up for an arguement which should be big, seems kind of out of place and rather forced. Its natural, as they could not use original material set up for an arguement as they don't have enough episodes left or used some parts of setting already (Julio, for example).

in novels the arguement seemed more natural. And in anime, at least the setting of it, looks bit too weird and too forced to me.

Though I guess they have to do it this way as they don't have time at all, as they filler,sub-plot games in previous episodes are starting to hit them,and hit them hard...

Spoiler for Preview/Novels:

Its as if those guys were sleeping up until now, and now they are like "Holy sh***! We have to put this and this and this scene! And that scene cannot be avoided too! Oh oh and this one is too good to miss as well!" cramping it all in a few episodes without real regard to emotional setting of them.

They simply played with fillers and Agnes sub-plot way too long... If it would be longer series then it would not be a problem but now they are forced to cramp main story-line of few volumes into a few episodes while dedicating the bigger half of a season for a detailed sub-plot and fillers...

Certainly, they might still be able to make it look decent... But with the experience I had so far with this season... I don't have much hope for a miracle...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2007-09-10 at 02:21.
Old 2007-09-10, 02:48   Link #10
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
I am pretty sure at this point in time the anime is just using all other girls as plot devices to develop Louise and saito much like how Siesta was reduced to a schemeing B***h in ep 4. I watched through the episode again and I thought the development was quite alright, It was probably about the standard of the 1st season. I cannot stress how much I hate the production staff for concentrating so much on Agnes for so many episodes and cramp the more important stuff. I don't really see "the wedding" happening this season honestly. Unless J.C.Staff has decided to extend the show for another season that is another 12 eps.
Spoiler for ZnT Novels:
So unless they extend the series, there is no way to give a decent run for those plots.
Old 2007-09-10, 04:30   Link #11
Darknemo2000

I would have to agree with you (but I guess you allready figured it out) that concentration too much on Agnes sub-plot is killing such short series (it would be ok with something at least 24 episodes long).

As forthe seeming mix of two different settings that we see in preview of next ep

Spoiler for Preview:

Still I have this bad feeling that this season ending would be poorly done and butchered, compared to first seasons ending which I held to be one of the best parts of season 1...
Old 2007-09-10, 10:41   Link #12
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

the best part was:

Spoiler for ep 10:
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-09-10, 14:29   Link #13
X10A_Freedom

Now...I wonder how the Zero fighter plane will be recovered deep into enemy land...

The first part was decent, Saito doing moves which reminds me of Kira in the latter parts of Gundam Seed. Second part...bottleneck. It's a cultural divide which cannot be crossed...

Entertaining but rushed as usual. Not good.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:36   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Enemy on Snowy Alps

I rate this episode as average, since we do not get to see the cream of the war but rather a thin ice sheet.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-11, 21:01   Link #15
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
the best part was:

Spoiler for ep 10:
Gonna be totally honest; that WAS the best part of a rather paltry episode.

It seemed rather out of place and rushed. We came right out of the Anies story and dumped into this with little or no warning. It had it's moments, but it wasn't really the best of episodes.

Wonder how this'll all wrap up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Now...I wonder how the Zero fighter plane will be recovered deep into enemy land...
Why stop there? Where did he get the new ammo from? The guns they use are a far cry from the advanced machine guns in a Zero.

But hey, the thing has survived three crashes already.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-09-11, 21:38   Link #16
komichi

I'm not raising anymore hope for the ending, I'll just crawl back to my hole and continue to read the novel.

I also agreed on the mis-focus on Agnes, I've never been such big fan of hers anyway...
Old 2007-09-11, 23:37   Link #17
wana10

maybe i'm missing something but why do they have to do the marriage scene in the next episode? i don't think they mentioned it in the preview. from what i can guess the next episode will be something like...

Spoiler for my guess for next ep.:

anywho, gave the ep a 7/10. liked the fact we're back to the main characters, liked the romance twixt the two...second half couldn't keep up.
Old 2007-09-12, 01:33   Link #18
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post

The first part was decent, Saito doing moves which reminds me of Kira in the latter parts of Gundam Seed. Second part...bottleneck. It's a cultural divide which cannot be crossed...

Entertaining but rushed as usual. Not good.
It seemed like it crashed just past the city so it shouldn't be that far into enemy land.
Old 2007-09-12, 05:46   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm going to echo what Darknemo2000 and JagdPanther have said: too much of that felt forced and out of place. The whole thing surrounding the characters different justifications for fighting should make for some interesting drama and character analysis, but it's just handled so clumsily by this show. And, every little bit of potential for relationship development between Saito and Louise just continues to be hit on the head before anything can come of it: Saito conveniently forgetting that Louise got naked for him to keep him warm (and then her wanting him to forget as well), for example. The worst example of that in this ep was that bit where Henry asked about Saito's motivations to fight, and consequently who he was in love with and protecting, and rather than just flat out saying "Louise", Saito felt he needed to cover it up. That made no sense to me... they should be well past that. Is this relationship going backwards, because that's what it seems like at times.

We can complain about the botched drama all we want (as we are ... although, I wouldn't say all of it is bad, just most of it), but I think ultimately, the worst thing about this season is that there's been far too little relationship development between Louise and Saito. That was among the big highlights of the first series, and it's just been disappointing in this series. Hopefully the next ep will start turning things around on that front
Old 2007-09-12, 05:59   Link #20
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

This episode was very average much like the rest of the second series, its just not living up to the first series in any aspects at all. The relationship between Saito and Louise isn't going anywhere at all at the moment and it won't do, every time it starts to develop it always goes back. The introduction of that enemy air rider was just boring and his character lacks interest, he just plays a boring stereotypical role. The only interesting thing was that they lost the plane, even the battle, if you can call it that was awfully panned out.
Closed Thread