AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-24, 17:43   Link #961
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yeah, seriously. The four of them were supposed to be friends, no? It would be nice if Rin at least acknowledged Makoto and Nagisa as his ex-friends or something. It's like there are two different stories here, one a Haru vs Rin that would work with or without the rest of the characters, and one about the swimming club...

But then, it doesn't help that I couldn't care less about Rin if I tried. :/
It's really sad, actually, because most of my favorite scenes with Rin from High Speed! are his interactions with Nagisa and Makoto, not so much with Haruka. (Though there's some interesting stuff there too--more interesting than what we get from Free! at least.)

Actually, what pisses me off the most is the only one we ever get to see swim at length is Haruka.

Spoiler for High Speed general talk about swimming styles and characterization:

I hope they're saving those revelations for later or something, because I'd much rather see the way those two swim in action than another shot of Haruka's ~amazing~ ~~~***freestyle***~~~ for the fifteen time.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:26   Link #962
kuromitsu

I'm sure they chose to make Rin obsessed with Haru for, well, obvious reasons, but it's a annoying how he seems to regard the other two as non-entities that Haruka should leave behind (and that Nagisa and Makoto don't seem to be particularly upset about it). I'd hope for a scene where Nagisa and/or Makoto kick Rin's ass at swimming or something, but yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I hope they're saving those revelations for later or something, because I'd much rather see the way those two swim in action than another shot of Haruka's ~amazing~ ~~~***freestyle***~~~ for the fifteen time.
I think we'll see the others swim when they actually start practicing for the competition. So far it's been "introducing the characters" and "setting up the club" and "teaching Rei how to swim" ( ) plus additional Rin x Haru UST. They'll have to start actually swimming soon, plus I'm sure we'll get to see the whole relay at the end with some helpful commentary by the onlookers.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:37   Link #963
backbone
Banned

I liked the fact that Rin has somehow admitted his self-made issues, as it's kinda tiring to see him keep antagonizing his old friends. And i'm also glad that Gou has finally gotten tired from blushing over half naked men, since such joke has gotten repetitive as of late.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 20:14   Link #964
Dark Wing

You know no matter how many times I hear the Opening theme I can't help but to think how it's just sounds like something you'd find in a shounen action show.

Anyway it was an alright episode and even get a lesson on the basics of swimming. Also It seemed like Rin and Haru had a "moment" there with that "You will swim for me!" line or am I just thinking about it too much.
Old 2013-07-24, 21:51   Link #965
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is impressive Rei swimming but no going no where
Old 2013-07-25, 03:41   Link #966
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
NSFW
Gou-chan nsfw
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-25, 05:15   Link #967
cyth
Banned

Man, Nagisa is such a chick. Up 'till now I could sort of handle his gay character, but the way he dragged Rei around was a bit too much.

Ama-sensei's last remark about Rei having zero talent was so politically incorrect, especially for anime or Japanese entertainment. I was giggling like a little girl at how awesome that was.

So I guess Haruka didn't lose on purpose. Seems more believable that way, so I'm fine with it. My guess is, Haruka still won't be able to beat Rin for the relay, but I bet he'll make it awfully close. As for Rei's butterfly, I wonder how fast he'll master that.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 08:49   Link #968
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i actually think Haruka will win their final showdown. or it'll be a draw or something (yeah, like that happens in swimming... but i believe it actually did in the olympics) since this is a case of talent vs training, and now that talent is training, haru will have the edge.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 09:23   Link #969
Helius

From the preview it looks like the swim coach/pizza guy recognises Ama-chan, probably from her "swimsuit" days...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 09:25   Link #970
ookamigirl

Don't quite understand why manager isn't considered a member (‘◇’)?
Rei was totally (⌒▽⌒) with his stretching.
He seriously needs to learn how to swim ^^"
I kinda felt sorry for him... well, all is well that ends well.
At least the swim club is up and running 。◕‿◕。

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 10:48   Link #971
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Now that is impressive Rei swimming but no going no where
That impressed me as well. I still haven't figured out how he managed to do that. Stationary swimming under those conditions seems to defy the laws of motion.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:10   Link #972
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamn I love Rei...

He is just too awesome and fabulous: "I MUST LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN MY SWIMMING'

Meanwhile Haru just buys the same swimsuit he always wears and doesn't give two shits. Though he did help out Rei.

Rin is still a douchebag, though now we finally know what his problem is.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:10   Link #973
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Are they even allowed to try on swimming trunks in those shops? Seems pretty unhygienic.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:14   Link #974
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Are they even allowed to try on swimming trunks in those shops? Seems pretty unhygienic.
Yea like any other kind of clothing you're allowed to try on bathing suits before you buy. Just keep that in mind next time you go shopping for some...
Old 2013-07-25, 11:50   Link #975
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Yea like any other kind of clothing you're allowed to try on bathing suits before you buy. Just keep that in mind next time you go shopping for some...
Can't speak for men's swimwear, but we women are expected to wear underpants while trying on swimwear.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-07-25, 13:33   Link #976
Skane
Anime Snark

What really killed me was the scene where they all had "dead eyes" after Haruka failed in his first attempt to coach Rei on how to swim.

Old 2013-07-25, 15:16   Link #977
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Can't speak for men's swimwear, but we women are expected to wear underpants while trying on swimwear.
I'm not sticking my dangly bits into something that might have contacted someone else's dangly bits without the at-least-psychological shielding of a thin layer of cotton.

I thought that Rei's inability to swim ran for a little too long (though they had to show it for the three strokes that he can't do), but the improbable mechanics of him slowly drifting directly to the bottom was pretty funny.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 21:13   Link #978
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
But nobody's monitoring the fitting room to make sure it happens.
Old 2013-07-25, 22:02   Link #979
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But nobody's monitoring the fitting room to make sure it happens.
True, I hope. I'd rather not have a stranger monitoring the fitting room even when it comes to verifying swimwear protocol.

Old 2013-07-26, 00:38   Link #980
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
True, I hope. I'd rather not have a stranger monitoring the fitting room even when it comes to verifying swimwear protocol.
I'm sure Gou would volunteer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation