AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-18, 00:06   Link #41
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So next episode is the last one?
Old 2009-12-18, 03:21   Link #42
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Somebody's a hater.

But I'm smelling...........a possible season 3. There's just so much left to do, and they only have one episode to do it? We have the Hei/Hazuki fight, explanation on Shion's plans, Oreille's plans, what is Section 3, Hei has to find Yin, and he needs to do whatever he's going to do about her, and then whatever happens to our characters afterwards. Way too much for one episode. Things would have to wrap up way too fast to finish in one episode and have a finale.

And we still don't know anything about the Syndicate and who (and why) is behind phenomen of the Gate, from first season. Third season is definitely needed

Quote:
And besides, I prefer more DtB anyway.
Same here! <3 ^^
Old 2009-12-18, 04:30   Link #43
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Great episode. Things are heading towards the conclusion. I'm really surprised to see the father and he's quite a nice guy too, totally the opposite of the mum's memory. Now I have to think twice about Shion. Maybe he's a really nice guy and actually all his plans are to make Suou into a real person...

Shizume the hentai, I'm surprised to see him actualyl surviving the episode. But it looks like he belongs to the CIA, and also based on his fetish, maybe he's the one who killed Yoko?

Madam Oreille and the power ranger....Mao is such a pimp!

I have no idea how they are going to end the season. Hopefully the ending will be satisfying, and season 3 is always welcomed!
Old 2009-12-18, 04:44   Link #44
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
some screen caps

Spoiler for picture:
It seems Madame collects contractors powers: teleportation, knows everything like Amber and now electricity and anti-contractor weapon.

Genma again was shown smashing people, but not asking the questions.
I think whoever killed Youko was from CIA or Madame Oreille.

Last edited by pingva; 2009-12-18 at 05:54.
Old 2009-12-18, 10:02   Link #45
arkxkra
全力全開

Madame Oreille outfit was hilarious ...
so confirm 12 episode? judging from this few episode, no way they can fit unexplanation thing into a single episode, unless they make it season 3 (hopefully) but maybe they leave it as it is >_<'.
Old 2009-12-18, 14:06   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
...so confirm 12 episode? judging from this few episode, no way they can fit unexplanation thing into a single episode, unless they make it season 3 (hopefully) but maybe they leave it as it is....
Yes, definitely 12 episodes, confirmed by NewType, as well as calculations based on number of DVDs. And I choose to be optimistic and see if Okamura has more imagination than we do, and can find a way to create a conclusion that is at least as satisfying as season one. A third (fourth?) season? Bring it on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-18, 14:08   Link #47
TMO_KOTOR

Is it just me or is the second season quite lame compared to the first? Taking away Hei's powers must be one of the worst things ever done to an anime. And 11 eps into the series, nothing really interesting has happened. I want more info on the Gates and stuff like that, not stupid little russian girls with big guns. Well at least we got to see a second of Amber in the last one. ;P
Old 2009-12-18, 14:34   Link #48
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

So if we are to get a third season, we are more then likely assured of getting a cliffhanger ending regarding Yin's outcome....

My god the wait for season 3 is going to be a *****
Old 2009-12-18, 14:39   Link #49
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
So if we are to get a third season, we are more then likely assured of getting a cliffhanger ending regarding Yin's outcome....

My god the wait for season 3 is going to be a *****
I think people shouldn't get their hopes up for a 3rd season. You'll have a hard time accepting the end of DtB and a hard time accepting the ending of S2.

Of course, more DtB is always welcome when done right and not for the sake of pleasing the fans and making more money.
Old 2009-12-18, 19:57   Link #50
Posix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO_KOTOR View Post
Is it just me or is the second season quite lame compared to the first? Taking away Hei's powers must be one of the worst things ever done to an anime. And 11 eps into the series, nothing really interesting has happened. I want more info on the Gates and stuff like that, not stupid little russian girls with big guns. Well at least we got to see a second of Amber in the last one. ;P
i agree completely. i think the season is kinda disappointing, content-wise. also the end conclusion that the whole world is at stake in one way or another is rather ridiculous in my opinion.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:06   Link #51
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posix View Post
i agree completely. i think the season is kinda disappointing, content-wise. also the end conclusion that the whole world is at stake in one way or another is rather ridiculous in my opinion.
It's only seemingly ridiculous because Darker than Black was previously something that focused on small, localized plots.

I don't see what's so ridiculous about it when you have giant radioactive gates popping up in two distant locations out of freaking nowhere, and all of a sudden some people have superhuman abilities that allow them to defy the laws of physics. Not to mention they still haven't gone into the specifics of how contractors get their powers, how the gates exactly appeared, why any of this is even happening, and so on.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:29   Link #52
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think the electrified phone thing was a booby trap/assassination?
Old 2009-12-18, 22:48   Link #53
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I think the electrified phone thing was a booby trap/assassination?
That's my guess too, we saw her key something into the phone before it fizzed out. That or her contractor ray gun is connected to the other contractor nullification devices and she has Hei's powers (was that Hei who called her?).
Also wondering at that remark made about the MEs, that they, like the dolls, are part of their own network and (possibly) share information. Could explain how all of these countries have been able to spy on each other so much....
Old 2009-12-18, 23:00   Link #54
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
That's my guess too, we saw her key something into the phone before it fizzed out. That or her contractor ray gun is connected to the other contractor nullification devices and she has Hei's powers (was that Hei who called her?).
I thought it was a self destruct mechanism on her phone. She had said they found her maybe they tracked her with the cell phone and so she destroyed it before they could pinpoint her exact location.

If next episode is the last, then this turned out to be a very disappointing season, there's way too much ambiguity left to be cleared up in just one episode.

Last edited by saravis; 2009-12-18 at 23:10.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:21   Link #55
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So...Orielle...can appear/vanish at will, knows way too much (including the way in to the gate that only Amber knew from season one...further evidenced by no one having covered up after the passing years), and wears a power-ranger's outfit that screams the future and has a ray-gun version of the contractor-killing device (as in a more advanced version) that was used on Hei. Boy, outside of the fact that her voice actor isn't Ambers (easily explained by Orielle being physically much older), I'm about as convinced as possible that she is in fact Amber.

As for her cell phone, no contractor powers involved. She keyed a sequence into it that had it self-destruct. The dolls had just told her the CIA had located them, and it's an easy assumption she wanted to make sure it wasn't her phone being used to trace her.

Like others, I'm not sure how this all gets wrapped up in one episode, but unlike most of the others, I'm well aware that anime almost never wraps up well, so I'm long past the state where I expect any to do so (even one that I enjoy as much as this one). As long as Hei dodges that swing coming at him and lays the beat-down on the wannabe shinagami in her drab office suit, I'll be fine with whatever rabbit they pull out of their hat next week. Btw, that look of panic on Hei's face at the end...gosh I don't think I've ever seen that look on him when he was in shinigami mode. He needs to make that bitch pay for rattling him and lowering his ice-man cred!

It looks like Shion isn't actually needed for this prophecy to come true, since the father confirmed that Suo's body is Shion's (making the running gag of everyone mistaking her for Shion a little more believable). Seems pretty much guaranteed that it will be Suo's meeting Yin that triggers whatever calamity is going to occur. But who knows. It's possible the father foreshadowed Shion making a copy of himself (and thus still being alive) by saying Shion had never made a copy of himself before (when he made Suo).

Also, assuming that was Yin's ghost at the meteor crash site when Shion made a copy of himself that became Suo...how exactly does that all fit together? The father definitely sounded like Shion shouldn't have been able to do what he did, which would mean Yin had a hand in it somehow. Assuming, once again, it was her ghost we see in the flashbacks.

It also seems like that glowing freak from the cocoon is Yin. Which begs the question of why. As in why would Section 3 take Yin out of the containment box and let her "hatch" for lack of a better word, when they are seeming to be trying to prevent this calamity from occurring. Obvious answer is Section 3 is EVIL. After all, if they were really serious about preventing it, they'd have just killed Yin. It's not like they haven't had ample opportunity.

Still think it was Genma who killed Youko. Guess we'll find out in the next episode. Strong insinuation he was working for the CIA.

Shion's father dying was fast, but considering how willing this show has been this season to kill people off, not entirely unexpected. He did his part for plot advancement by laying the seeds in Suo to accept she is a real individual and not just some copy. Have to say, I give him much higher props for being a parent over that lamebrain mother.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:34   Link #56
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Dem short shorts...

This series is handing out death music like candy.

Pedo like dem short shorts...

And an ordinary gun to save the day! ...Except not, because the good doctor's aim sucks. =_=

I always thought she was a classy lady... but then she has to show up in that. Well, at least she didn't reveal herself to be from the future or something; that would have just made things worse.

Go America! With Kotomine on our side, nothing can stop us now!

And now I've got this image of Kotomine voicing Kyon stuck in my head that won't leave...

... Way to stay focused there...

So, I guess we're all in agreement then that the Power Ranger outfit and Suou's dad's sudden death (you have served your purpose, so die kthxbye) were lame.

Super!Yin killing random people... sure, why not, not like she has anything better to do than stand around being a mysterious figure of doom.

Hei just waltzing into a research facility... did you really think that was going to work out just like that? Start acting the Batman already or that ninja chick's really going to slice your lazy ass to pieces. She's got a theme music powerup and everything (though really, everyone seems to have one of those at this point )--this just got real, yo.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-12-18 at 23:45.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:22   Link #57
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So, I get that the PTRD's a WWII relic....but it's still an anti-tank gun. Can a little bit of concrete Genma was using as a helmet really stop that?
Old 2009-12-19, 00:47   Link #58
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, I get that the PTRD's a WWII relic....but it's still an anti-tank gun. Can a little bit of concrete Genma was using as a helmet really stop that?
I wondered how that shell didn't vaporize his head too. I also wondered how come he was still alive with a hole in his head.

Shion and Suou are the same except for a gender switch. Hmmm... I wonder if we get a Suou and Yin merger like in GitS 2.0.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-19 at 00:59.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:58   Link #59
elyK

At the end of this episode when they showed a preview of sorts for the 12th episode; the dialogue ended with "The red moon is the hope for destruction, and it will begin a journey." Does this mean things wont be wrapped up this season and a 3rd season could be on the horizon?

Oh, and how did Genma survive that shot to the head, or the abdomen, or any of them??? Guess it is just creative magic.
Old 2009-12-19, 04:21   Link #60
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
At the end of this episode when they showed a preview of sorts for the 12th episode; the dialogue ended with "The red moon is the hope for destruction, and it will begin a journey." Does this mean things wont be wrapped up this season and a 3rd season could be on the horizon?
Yes the preview did say "the beginning of the journey," which indeed may be Bones' way of saying there's going to be more. There's already speculation on a possible season 3, just from the simple fact that there's so much left undone and unanswered with only 1 episode left.

Quote:
Oh, and how did Genma survive that shot to the head, or the abdomen, or any of them??? Guess it is just creative magic.
Superpowers. Seriously guys, you'll just hurt yourselves overthinking that stuff.

As for episode commentary, it's pretty much all been said already. A nice action/revelation episode with some explanation and high- and lower-level revelations. It'as also nice to see Suou can hold her own, too. And yes, Mao did in fact say that he and Oreille were lovers.

9/10