AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-28, 11:39   Link #1
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Ichigo Mashimaro- or girls being mean?

Looking at the coming attractions and the translated manga release I'm just not sure where to put this title. As far as I can tell this show just reeks of loli-comedy. Well, 2 of my fav. VA's are working on it, Ayako Kawasumi as the weakling Matsuri and Orikasa Fumiko taking on another off-the-wall character role in Miu [a destructive and mischevious pre-teen terror]. Is it me or does she really make a living by tackling roles so far out of the borders of sanity that few are even bothered or able to do?

Still not sure if they casted Mamiko Nota right- Ana has to be frustrated and angry 90% of the time from Miu pushing all the wrong buttons.

Anyway, looks like the basic premise of this show is that cute things come from cute girls- no matter how immoral or terrible they really are >_<

Last bit, who wants to sub this one?
Old 2004-12-28, 12:25   Link #2
Thany
Unfair

Miu is personally my favorite character in the manga, because she is somewhat evil and quite strange sometimes too (and also very funny to watch)
BTW, got a site for the anime already?
Old 2004-12-28, 12:41   Link #3
Kensuke

http://www.ichigomashimaro.com/

Hmm... as I haven't read the manga I don't know what to think about this anime, but the cast is wonderful, Ayako Kawasumi, Fumiko Orikasa and Saeko Chiba are my favorite seiyuus.
Old 2004-12-28, 13:03   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

premise of Ichigo Mashimaro? AFAIK, loli yuri. yup so it's lesbian theme with loli moe girls I heard. And I guess that's enough reason for me to watch it
Old 2004-12-28, 17:28   Link #5
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
premise of Ichigo Mashimaro? AFAIK, loli yuri. yup so it's lesbian theme with loli moe girls I heard. And I guess that's enough reason for me to watch it
Liar there wasn't any loli yuri theme to begin with ~_~
It's a cute show about young girls
Old 2004-12-28, 19:50   Link #6
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Liar there wasn't any loli yuri theme to begin with ~_~
It's a cute show about young girls
Actually, there is an underlying yuri tone to the manga. The eldest of the girls [Nobou] basically keeps the kids around to abuse [Chika and Miu] and snuggle [Matsuri and Ana]. It gets worse when she's drunk...
Old 2004-12-29, 02:44   Link #7
lolicon

You know, I think alot of people want to comment on this anime, but don't want to come across as lolicons.

Suffice it to say, the manga is increadibly cute, but with an adult charm. Its one of the few manga's that I've actually found funny, and its got weapons-grade loli cuteness. Some of the humor is actually pretty mature, and the artist has all sorts of subtle nods to aphex twin and other cool artists and bands. I won't deny that its a total loli-fest in places, but I think it has proved its worth as far as being entertaining goes.

EDIT: I really, really, really hope that they have Aphex Twin as either an OP or ED to the series...
Old 2005-12-19, 15:29   Link #8
NeoSam

Ichigo Mashimaro

A moe~ manga/anime.

http://www.ichigomashimaro.com/

Based on a manga for young men.

The manga is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

Genre: Seinen, Comedy.
Old 2005-12-19, 16:57   Link #9
hi no ken Jebus

The old thread is on page 3
Old 2005-12-19, 17:35   Link #10
NeoSam

Sorry about that.
I searched for it but nothing came up >.<
Old 2005-12-20, 11:45   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is the funniest anime series ever made, in my opinion. The dry, subtle wit and great character design are taken directly from barasui's hilarious manga. The OP and ED are wonderful. And the voice actors are the greatest team ever assembled. Their work is brilliant.

Nobue-oneesan -- Nabatame Hitomi (Arcueid in Tsukihime, etc.)
Miu -- Orikasa Fumiko (Chise in Saikano, etc.)
Chika -- Chiba Saeko (Dokuro-chan, etc.)
Ana -- Noto Mamiko (Toujou in Ichigo 100%, etc.)
Matsuri -- Kawasumi Ayako (Lafiel in Crest of Stars, etc., etc., etc.)

The show is touching, moving, funny, humane and madly cute. The loli aspects are totally overshadowed by sheer cuteness, and fanservice is close to (but not exactly) nil.

official site

ANN page
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2005-12-20, 11:50   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
This is the funniest anime series ever made, in my opinion. The dry, subtle wit and great character design are taken directly from barasui's hilarious manga. The OP and ED are wonderful. And the voice actors are the greatest team ever assembled. Their work is brilliant.
I have to agree with you there, on everything you say.

Many people won't go near it, mainly because of its very popular 'loli' theme, but if people can just look past that - then they'll see the great anime that many of us see.
Old 2005-12-20, 12:44   Link #13
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I have to agree with you there, on everything you say.

Many people won't go near it, mainly because of its very popular 'loli' theme, but if people can just look past that - then they'll see the great anime that many of us see.
Quite right. Those who are "afraid" of being identified as "lolicons" by just watching it are just plain silly. >_>
One should always watch more than the first episode in order to get the right conclusions.
Old 2005-12-20, 15:01   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Quite right. Those who are "afraid" of being identified as "lolicons" by just watching it are just plain silly. >_>
Heh, i agree.

I don't see anything wrong with enjoying anime that has kids in them.. indeed some people might take that kinda of liking to far.. *coughs out loud*
Old 2005-12-21, 19:55   Link #15
ultrataro

This show is great fun stuff. If you've grown up with siblings, you can totally identify with what goes on. Loli & yuri? You'd have to stretch to find it in the anime. The manga does have a bit more tones of that. I love the show. There is no big plot, actually none. It's a slice of life kind of show. Lots of funny & cute moments and a couple touching ones too.
Old 2005-12-21, 22:43   Link #16
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Matsuri -- Kawasumi Ayako (Lafiel in Crest of Stars, etc., etc., etc.)
Matsuri, with her cute Nya suffix and all, was The proud and assertive Lafiel????
NFW, I would have never guessed- their two personalities are just too opposite.

Im going to have to find a copy of seikai no senki just to compare, i still dont
believe it...
Old 2005-12-21, 23:48   Link #17
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Most good seiyuu have a very wide range that they can portray. That's called professionalism. 8)

And the prime example of this is Megumi Hayashibara playing both the uberpassive Ayanami Rei and the hyperactive Lina Inverse.
Old 2005-12-22, 09:45   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
And the prime example of this is Megumi Hayashibara playing both the uberpassive Ayanami Rei and the hyperactive Lina Inverse.
Fumiko Orikasa is also a good example, from going as sweet & cute Chise in She, The Ultimate Weapon (Saikano), to two very funny roles, Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro & Himeko in Pani Poni Dash.

These are the kind of people who just deserve a hug. ^^;
Old 2005-12-22, 19:25   Link #19
ultrataro

& her crying as Miu in the Lying Beside episode always gets to me. It just feels so real and totally caps that episode.
In most of Megumi Hayashibara roles, I could identify her, but when she stepped outside of the more typical roles e.g. Rei and Faye Valentine it was pretty amazing.
Truly Voice Actors, not just dub voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Fumiko Orikasa is also a good example, from going as sweet & cute Chise in She, The Ultimate Weapon (Saikano), to two very funny roles, Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro & Himeko in Pani Poni Dash.

These are the kind of people who just deserve a hug. ^^;
Old 2005-12-22, 19:37   Link #20
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Honestly this series has been quite fun to watch. Over all my favorite of the girls in the series so far is Anna. As for discussing it. Well I don't discuss every anime I watch, but I'm definitely watching it. Heck I may take a refresher course on the anime later. One thing you have to like about Miu is that she can be quite bold in her behavior. It's like she doesn't care sometimes.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen, slice of life