AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 17:11   Link #241
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Would you please stop Generalizing all sheryl fans & making them out to be ignorant & in denial? Most Sheryl fans are not denying alto has looked at ranka romantically before, Galia IV makes it quite clear that he has. The point isnt abt whether or not he had romantic feelings for the girls, It is Who he has stronger feelings for!
He thought she looked cute. Hell, the entire planet thought she looked cute.

I don't think it's evident that Alto even wants a romantic relationship. Even the pity sex he had with Sheryl isn't proof of that.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:12   Link #242
Key Board
Carbon

do you remember love?

I know I do
Old 2008-09-11, 17:13   Link #243
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
"No Sheryl's die hard rabid fan will ever accept that Alto had any romantic feelings for Ranka! Even though it is pretty obvious with this episode!"

There fixed it for 'ya ^^
Good one sekidousai, you put it perfectly.

Quote:
---- hmmmmm..... both girls dying. ^^. Ranka dying by Alto's hands, and Sheryl dying in Alto's hands........~~~~
And that leaves Klan.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-11, 17:14   Link #244
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokana View Post
Since the ending scene has be translated.

Can someone translate the dinner scene for me?
Right after Sheryl pops open the wine (around 6:15ish)

Spoiler:

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2008-09-11 at 17:26.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:15   Link #245
cry
Berry Bunny

> seifall well, maybe your post has his place in "romance in macross" thread?
Old 2008-09-11, 17:18   Link #246
Sokana

Thanks!

Gotta love the scene where Alto takes Sheryl to the bed.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:20   Link #247
yukisami

I registered at animesuki just to post this message, I must say things are getting intense, and the raw is out earlier every week. I must say thanks to the providers.

When sheryl was having dinner with alto, she said "this has always been my dream" - (refering to having dinner with friends/family as the flashback to her childhood indicates.)

Spoiler for About sheryl's scene in the hospital.:

I really hope this torture ends soon, I can't wait til the end of the series where I can either finally give up on sheryl x alto, or otherwise (I hope).

I was so full of hope last week that my queen sheryl has finally got the little bit of happyness she deserved. This is a bit upsetting

Spoiler for About alto and kuran's conservation:

But ganbatte sheryl!!!! I wish you will be happy at the end, ikinokotte kure!
and sorry for my bad english......
Old 2008-09-11, 17:24   Link #248
Darial
Otaku in disguise

I am actually really amused at the whole angst about Episode 23's ending part.
Alto's feeling for the two female leads shifted and changed throughout the series. To say Alto's feelings for both Ranka and Sheryl remain static is to deny all the character developments that have taken place in the 22 prior episodes.

Sure, Alto joined SMS with an urge to protect Ranka and Frontier (as well as flying) back in episode 3. But does he still feel the exactly the same way about Ranka in episode 23? Maybe, maybe not. Did he have feelings for Ranka, sure, at one point. Does he still have that feeling now? Who knows, other than he said will kill her to protect Frontier if push comes to shove.

As for Alto's feelings toward Sheryl, if he still feels the same way about her as he did in episode 3, he probably wouldn't have promised to stay by her side until the very end.

Therefore, to use one of Alto's original reasons to join SMS to show he is in love with Ranka in Episode 23 is simply not supported by anything in fact or logic. The Alto of episode 23 is a very different person, and he still hasn't told us who he truly love yet.

Thus, at the end of 23, Sheryl misunderstood the context of Alto's discussion with Klan. And that's fine. Kawamori has to milk two more episodes of dramatic tension, and if he needs to milk more sympathy from Sheryl fans, he'll do it without hesitation.

The true ending is still far from certain, and anything is possible. My opinion is that Sheryl and Ranka are on two separate tracks with different "positive growth" endings for each character where each of them will be happy in their own ways. But that's just my opinion.

IMHO, Ranka fans should not be celebrating this soon, and Sheryl fans shouldn't get depressed at all. There are still two episodes left where anything can happen, and the fact Alto is still on Frontier speaks volumes in my mind.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:27   Link #249
Joachim
et tu, brute?

seriously kawamori's confusing(trolling) both party this way... and if i was ranka's fan i would seriously still prepare for the worse..

remember SDF? even before hikaru confess to misa (after she told him to chase after minmay) he still say some words that might make the audience misunderstand about him.. *Hearing minmay's song, blablabla minmay, blablabla* but who did he choose?

i won't object, alto has feeling for both of the girls, and with this episode altough it reconfirm that he did/still has feeling for ranka but its still vague what which girl he actually will choose, in the end, he hasn't answered klan yet.. and not to mention sheryl is just drawing conclusion by herself *i know it all along*

ah so typical macross...always keep the shippers killing each other until the end

*me raise sheryl flag*

all hail kawamori master of love and deception... and trolling
Old 2008-09-11, 17:32   Link #250
Sokana

Theres too many things left unanswered in this series. I feel like with 2 episodes left, its kinda pushing it. Unless they decide to have like a longer running time.

Even with a season 2, its going to be a long wait, Macross Zero took nearly 4 years to finish!
Old 2008-09-11, 17:32   Link #251
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It may not be as simple as "which is your True Love." What Klan has asked reflects on how Alto derived to the conclusion why he must kill Ranka. It's based on his whole recital to why he joined SMS, "to fight, and to protect." Sheryl and Ranka are just two of the many he is protecting. And now he might have to fight and kill one of those people that he has fought to protect thus far. Sheryl's monologue seems to confirm that assumption.

So what does "love" mean to him? Our Alto-hime is in quite the dillema.

Hmm.... I get what ur saying, do you think you can tell me ur impression abt what this means in terms of who he actually loves?
I'm a scared Sheryl fan atm but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd be very disappointed if she doesnt get a happy ending. Alto will be dead to me if he handles this badly. If kawamori is going to make it out to be pity love, I'd atleast like for Sheryl to punch his guts before she tells him to get the hell out of her life. I just want her happy.
Sry for my rant. Okay, I'm calm now. I'd still like to hear your impression even if its depressing. I dont mind brutally honest people, infact I prefer them ^_^
Old 2008-09-11, 17:38   Link #252
Fran~
floating away...

best telenovela ever!!!
Old 2008-09-11, 17:42   Link #253
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Hmm.... I get what ur saying, do you think you can tell me ur impression abt what this means in terms of who he actually loves?
I'm a scared Sheryl fan atm but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd be very disappointed if she doesnt get a happy ending. Alto will be dead to me if he handles this badly. If kawamori is going to make it out to be pity love, I'd atleast like for Sheryl to punch his guts before she tells him to get the hell out of her life. I just want her happy.
Sry for my rant. Okay, I'm calm now. I'd still like to hear your impression even if its depressing. I dont mind brutally honest people, infact I prefer them ^_^
hang in there fellow shipper.... while i don't know what kawamori has in store or whatsoever, but its thrilling eh this shipping wars has not been dull
Old 2008-09-11, 17:43   Link #254
Seifall

Did he have feelings for Ranka, sure, at one point. , alto has feeling for both of the girls ?

People were still saying exactly the contrary a week ago...

It was obvious for me thanks to Klan but it's understandable that Sheryl 's fan do not want to believe it. Until they heard alto saying aishiteru to Ranka, that's it.

But I 'm asking myself question's here.
In two episode how can he change his mind from a "Ranka was the one i wanted to protect" to a" In fact I love Sheryl the most "?
the transition between the 22 and 23 is not comparable since he didn't kiss her...
And no need to say the plot with the vajra is only beginning...
Ozma told him the truth, Yasaburo tells him to find out, and Klan make it clear for us.

Spoiler for About sheryl's disease ...:
Old 2008-09-11, 17:44   Link #255
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Well i'm confused... if Brera just knows that Ranka is his sister in this ep then what was the reason for his incessant and unreasonable pampering Ranka before?
pedos.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Power Check
Neuro Synch Check
Super Eurobeat Check
YF-22 Double check
Death Star Turbo lasers Quadruple Check

ready to firebomb (ER XXXD) kawamoris place tak?

grrrrrr rawr! dog ears ending isnt allowed
the juiciest death is the one that is caused by a blade of sharp steel you know.............................................. .............

GAMBATTE SHERYL!!
Old 2008-09-11, 17:46   Link #256
Sokana

The next episode looks top notch, animation wise and battle scenes!

The preview image of Sheryl looks stunning!

Last edited by Sokana; 2008-09-11 at 17:48. Reason: add
Old 2008-09-11, 17:53   Link #257
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
I'm a scared Sheryl fan atm but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd be very disappointed if she doesnt get a happy ending.
Look, don't be worried. Prior to 23, the Ranka 2cher in Japan were all speculating that Alto was gonna ditch Sheryl after she got drunk and that note Sheryl crumpled up was Alto's farewell "I'm off to save Ranka, bui bui" message after she woke up.

So instead, all we got was some philosophical discussion about Alto's intent back in episode 3 and what his priorities are now. No where did he ever came out and said he's loving one girl or another. Sheryl just had to overhear it and get all confused and weepy, and generate more angst for all the shippers.

Sit tight, buckle up, and don't get stressed out. The fight isn't over until the fat lady sings, and the credits for the last episode fades into black. I'm still cautiously hopeful, so don't lose faith.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:53   Link #258
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokana View Post
Since the ending scene has be translated.

Can someone translate the dinner scene for me?
Sheryl: Hey, let's say cheers.
Alto: For what?
Sheryl: It doesn't matter. To whatever, I just want to say cheers.
Alto: Okay, okay.
Sheryl: Cheers.
Alto: Cheers. Hey, hey. Don't down in one go.
Sheryl: Being like this has always been my dream.
Alto: Huh?
Sheryl: Nothing, I was just talking talking to myself. No way! This is good! Really, pretty impertinent for being Alto.
Alto: Hey, hey, even though I said that it wasn't alcohol, that is...but as expected.
Sheryl: Shuddup, dumbass Alto.
Alto as he picks her up: Geez, guess it can't be help it.
Sheryl: Don't go home. Always be by my side.
Alto: Yeah.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:57   Link #259
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
hang in there fellow shipper.... while i don't know what kawamori has in store or whatsoever, but its thrilling eh this shipping wars has not been dull
ya, thanx for the boost, I'm kinda revitalised after darial's long post.
I havent seen the episode yet, I think I'll wait for 24 & 25 to be released as well before I see it. Less pain for me that way
Old 2008-09-11, 17:58   Link #260
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
IMHO, Ranka fans should not be celebrating this soon, and Sheryl fans shouldn't get depressed at all. There are still two episodes left where anything can happen, and the fact Alto is still on Frontier speaks volumes in my mind.
this episode is not improving Ranka's chance or decreasing sheryl's chance! It just let us know that Alto had feelings for Ranka.
Closed Thread