AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 5 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 17.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-09, 00:09   Link #41
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
talkin smack about Kumin's puns, bruh? Wanna fight, bruh?
Sure, we can have our own epic Chuunibyou style battle.

Note to KyoAni, if there's ever a season 3, insert blakstealth as Kumin's most devout follower, like Dekomori is to Rikka.
Old 2014-03-09, 06:18   Link #42
Sayaka's sandbag

That episode (as with them all) was really good. Rather interesting from start to finish. The end though with Shichimiya was... Sad, it's obvious that she's now regretting how she handled her situation with Yuta when they were younger.
Old 2014-03-09, 09:20   Link #43
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

So Rikka has grown to the point that she could accept both her love for Yuuta and her chuunibyou tendencies, instead of choosing to sacrifice one of them. She accepted to be Rikka Takanashi through to through.

Some people don't seem to understand what real growth is. I'm happy for Rikka, and I pity those who can't understand it.
Old 2014-03-09, 15:01   Link #44
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
So Rikka has grown to the point that she could accept both her love for Yuuta and her chuunibyou tendencies, instead of choosing to sacrifice one of them. She accepted to be Rikka Takanashi through to through.

Some people don't seem to understand what real growth is. I'm happy for Rikka, and I pity those who can't understand it.
Just because she chooses her chuunibyou tendencies, doesn't mean it's a good thing. I could choose to accept having alcoholic tendencies, but that doesn't make it a good choice. Just as alcoholism usually has a negative impact on someone's life, so does chuunibyou.

But, just like alcohol, it's fine in moderation. Rikka doesn't have moderation.
Old 2014-03-09, 15:54   Link #45
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Just because she chooses her chuunibyou tendencies, doesn't mean it's a good thing. I could choose to accept having alcoholic tendencies, but that doesn't make it a good choice. Just as alcoholism usually has a negative impact on someone's life, so does chuunibyou.

actually i believe who she have, otherwise she not will be able to make friends inside of her room or still being a popular girl(still in the top 5 of pretty desired girls), i believe who rikka like chichimia is aware of what is doing is just a desillusion and when is needed she can do "normal things" is something like if you ask her to go buy a cake or any simple task she will be able to do it fine, like i told based on previous season where in the beginner her classmaters started o avoid her and see her as creepy now their see her just a cute and few times weird girl but nothing who really making her impossible to have a "normal life".
Old 2014-03-09, 17:29   Link #46
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

There have been signs throughout this season that she's changed a lot and seriously struggling to keep up the act. For instance, in the episode where she gave Yuuta that kiss, she looked incredibly nervous to approach him, as if she was scared of him before actually going for it. If she was still in chuuni mode, she'd probably hesitate less and just shout some random nonsense that might not fully get her true point across.

In last week's episode, she couldn't convince Nibutani to become Mori Summer, claiming the shrine didn't like her. As this week's episode proved, though, it's actually because she realized that it was all an act and that what she was doing as also an act.

Rikka 'losing her powers' was also a sign that she started doubting whether she could successfully combine her love for Yuuta with her delusions. However, because Satone had given up just that, thinking it couldn't be done, Rikka decided she'd prove to everyone that you [i]can[/ï] be both delusional and maintain a healthy relationship at the same time. I'd say that makes Rikka already more mature (and infinitely more determined) than Satone, who will forever regret she didn't take Yuuta's hand when she had the chance.

And I agree with ellessarr, she's becoming more popular with the girls in her class. I don't recall a moment of them talking to her in season 1, and Rikka herself stated that no one acknowledged her presence at the time as well.
Old 2014-03-11, 23:48   Link #47
Frontier

Seeing all the girls in swimsuits was a very nice treat. Though while I liked Rikka's new swimsuit, it's weird to see her in something that's not black .

Then again, Touka in a black bikini more than made up for it .

It was nice to see Touka again and interacting with the cast more after her extended absence, and getting to interact more with Kuzuha after "divorcing" Yumeha. She's certainly getting acquainted well with her future in-laws .

Rikka's face-plant at the reveal of Touka's "daughter" was hilarious, as was the samurai Italians attempts at battle .

Though I wonder if she's the daughter of the same chef who was eyeing Touka in the season one epilogue ...

I was glad to see Rikka's inability to activate her Chuuni in the last episode was addressed, and overall, I'm happy with the outcome, though I guess your opinion of it depends on your opinion on Chuunibyou. Rikka cherishes her Chuuni as much as she loves and desires Yuuta, and she's determined to not give up one for the other. Like Yuuta said, their relationship/contract isn't something normal and they should go about it at their pace rather than follow what others want.

While I agree that there needs to be a balance, I think ultimately the relationship does to a certain extent. Rikka is still a full-blown Chuunibyou, but her feelings for Yuuta keep her grounded and it's been shown that she's acting on them more and more. Those two sides of her, The Tyrants Eye and her desire to remain Yuuta's lover, lead to her upgrade. A Tyrants Eye that is both a Chuuni persona and a girl that's honest and powered by her feelings.

The ending scene with Satone should come as no surprise. She never stopped loving her "hero," she only buried her feelings aways so that she wouldn't lose her Chuuni, and now that she's met him again and have seen someone with determination to do something she thought impossible, the feelings are starting to bubble up again. I'm not expecting heavy drama to come from this, but I expect it will bring some conflict in the future, though I'm confident in Kyoani handling it properly so everyone ends up happy .
Old 2014-03-14, 08:51   Link #48
SeanJD

I really feel sorry for Shichimiya because she thought that she was over with Yuuta and I am wondering how she is going to cope with the fact that she let herself be defeated so easily. On the other hand, I'm happy for Rikka to declare her love for Yuuta despite her having her chuunibyou powers back. It does seem that she hasn't grown up enough to let go of her delusions though Yuuta wants to help her out. Very nice epsiode.
Old 2014-03-17, 21:04   Link #49
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yep. Shichimiya's confirmed for a tragic character... mostly. However, if Rikka manages to balances out her chuunibyou and her feelings for Yuuta, she'd probably be as relieved as Rikka herself. The token seems to be Satone's one step forward to giving up on her feelings for Yuuta, but the end was certainly ten steps back.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-03-20, 15:43   Link #50
Itlandm
Porcupine

I've found that Yuuta tends to reveal his thoughts to Tooka in a way he rarely ever does otherwise. In this episode, he not only made a honest assessment of his love life, but also admitted that Rikka's chuunibyou was part of why he loved her. I don't think that is wrong. He is seeing something of himself in her, and it helps him come to terms with his own life.
Closed Thread