AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-12, 19:15   Link #741
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

So I have read that this episode actually ends where vol 10 ends.. there's still 10.5 but I really doubt they are going to animate it since its release was close to the airing date. So were there any mentions about the author helping out with the production of the incoming last two episodes? Since they are likely to be anime original.

Btw, the Yukino moments were very strong in this episode and Yui was left out of the conversation in a few scenes. Also Iroha is a sly one with the indirect telling of her birthday and the girlfriend question asked towards 8man
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 22:16   Link #742
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but they never show before in anime that they have mail service for trouble student right?

(First time in this episode)
It was shown last season for Meguri's request to liven things up for the Sports Festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
So I have read that this episode actually ends where vol 10 ends.. there's still 10.5 but I really doubt they are going to animate it since its release was close to the airing date. So were there any mentions about the author helping out with the production of the incoming last two episodes? Since they are likely to be anime original.

Btw, the Yukino moments were very strong in this episode and Yui was left out of the conversation in a few scenes. Also Iroha is a sly one with the indirect telling of her birthday and the girlfriend question asked towards 8man
Watari is probably assisting the studio for the next episode since the synopsis for episode 12 and the upcoming volume 11 shares a common event. Iroha isn't the only sly one here, since feel managed to squeeze in Iroha's anime debut on her birthday.

Can't say I'm thrilled for this episode. The plot points were presented well but most of the important developments were left out and majority of the scenes lacked impact from the breakneck pacing.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 01:43   Link #743
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

It is all about Hayama X Hikki at first... That "I don't like you" moment really sounds like a rejection
Unfortunately, Ebina is not around... because her reaction might be hilarious

I won't comment much about Hayama's personality.. basically, when I saw Yukinon asking Hikki to save her.. Hayama is also tried to do the same.. He asked to be saved
His troublesome side has a hidden background that might turned out into new problem in the future
Thankfully, he managed to find a brilliant way by himself to solve the rumor, Miura's anxiety, and his choice of subject at his winning moment
I'm surprised that Hikki really had a good stamina
seems like Hikki's cornering question would not work against Hayama who know how cunning he is

I feel really bad for Yui since she suddenly got left behind even after that many attempts to block away Iroha *and possibly Yukinon*
Yukinon and Iroha just take every single chance to gain Hikki's attention
That nurse office moment made it official... damn! it is so good!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 08:07   Link #744
Kakurin
大佐

Aside from that nursing scene the glasses scene was also pretty cute. Yukinon looking towards Hikky after Yui mentioned that they looked good on her, trying to get his opinon. Which Yui notices immediately.
Old 2015-06-13, 08:15   Link #745
Amiluhur
Gondok

Could someone enlighten me what did Hachiman need Saika's help for?
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 08:30   Link #746
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiluhur View Post
Ask his team to not let other people pass them in Marathon to have time to talk to Hayama so he can stab his back
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 08:43   Link #747
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Use the tennis club (the purple jersey ones forming a chain) to seperate Hayama and Hikky from everybody else.
Old 2015-06-13, 08:49   Link #748
Shadow5YA

Quote:
While the marathon isn't technically a race, Hayama has a reputation to uphold, so it's the one time where he will separate from his friends, even if only for a moment. Hachiman feels this is the best time to talk to Hayama since normally he's always surrounded by other people.

Hachiman asked Saika to get his tennis team to... "blockade" a good portion of the guys by running side by side.

Typically if you're not racing and just trying to keep a steady pace, you won't pass someone if it's a large group of people. Hachiman knows this, so he's asking Saika to buy him as much time as possible so Hayama won't meet up with any of his friends during the marathon.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 09:28   Link #749
The 48th Ronin

That moment in the nurse's office clinches it. We got our ship.

Or maybe it's a red herring and the OTP is Hikki x Hayama.

Anyways, some guys from other forums said they rushed Vol. 10 in this episode. Since I didn't had a chance to read the LNs (damn you, license maniacs ), I can't say if they're right or wrong.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 11:55   Link #750
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait a minute, I thought there were only 10 volumes released as of now? So that means novel readers don't have a leg up on us anime watchers for the next two episodes? Welp, I hope this thread goes full SPECULATION TIME! XD

First off, episode thoughts. Damn, Iroha is definitely best girl material. She first plays up the Hayama card to Yukino, asking her if Yukino and Hayama are in a relationship. But this is just a ruse! All of these is just a lead up to where she gets to ask Hachiman if he is single, giving her en excuse to show her sultriest side at that. Then when she hears that Hachiman isn't dating anyone, she gets a big smile. Oh, Iroha, you cunning fox, you.

Yui gets some subtle screen time. First, she notices Yukino fishing for a compliment from Hachiman, and tries to imitate it as well. Funny that she asked Hachiman if she looked good in glasses she got shot down, but when Yukino asks she gets complimented. That must have hurt XD.

Next, she actually speaks up to Yumiko! This is such a big departure from S1, where she couldn't handle meep. Now? She's not only saying her mind, she's also talking OVER Miura! Which is nice, as Miura for me is just a stepping stone... I kinda want Yui to go full force on Yukino someday, most probably over Hachiman.

For Hayama, yeah I knew it... not only did he did not succeed at having Yukino excused at the party, but even worse, they were also spotted together (presumably alone) that it spawned the rumour they are dating like wildfire. Major facepalm if I ever saw one. It wasn't just a fail, but an EPIC fail on Hayama's part.

Speaking of Yukino and Hayama, damn you know you really are a shipper when you can see glimmers of hope despite your rational side knowing it's all but gone. First off, Hayama goes uncharacteristically cold upon the VERY mention of him and Yukino dating. Then after the break, you have Yukino be ice cold to Iroha and Drill-hair girl after they ask her if they're going out. So going by the twisted logic that if Hayama likes Yukino, then maybe there's hope for Yukino liking Hayama? LOL

I mean, I dunno, I'm MOST PROBABLY reading these scenes the wrong way, but the shipper in me just can't ignore the possibility despite me trying to kill it.

1) The way Yukino suggested towards Miura that IF there was something that went on with Hayama, made me question that maybe there WAS something that happened between the two.

2) The way Haruno coldy said to Yukino to figure it out herself what course Hayama is going to. It isn't the first time Haruno was scathing to Yukino, so why the widened eyes of hers? It was as if Haruno was implying that it had something to do with Yukino, and it was only then Yukino realized it or something.

3) It's funny Hachiman asks the question of what Yukino will study AFTER he tells her Hayama won't be studying sciences, as shippy side of me likes to think that Yukino only answered 'liberal arts' upon hearing that.

4) Finally, Yukino says she's grateful for Hayama looking out for her, when all the time before she gets cranky just from having Hayama in the same room as her. She really has 'changed' hasn't she?

I know that this episode, if not this entire season is so heavily focused on Hachiman and Yukino. Heck, as I said before, the first six novels were so heavily tinted on the 'save me someday' ship that I'm surprised S1 was as neutral as it was. So why, why even give me the slimmest of hope this episode? I find it very cruel, especially when I thought I said goodbye to it last episode. T_T

Because you know what story I'm imagining from this episode? That maybe even that Hayama and Yukino were in such a good (even loving?) relationship, but because Hayama doesn't want to be 'trapped' into anything, he 'dumped' her back then. That is, HayamaXYukino were pretty much in the process of sailing, but some rumour about the two dating happened before extinguished any chance of it happening. This is because Hayama wants to 'be freed from everyones expectations'. As such, this is why Yukino got bullied, why she hates 'girls like Miura', why Hayama wants to get away from most girls, and why Hayama used Miura as a means of fending the girls off.

So by choosing to 'dump' Yukino, Hayama is freed from the expectation that they will be together. That's why Haruno said Yukino wasn't chosen again. Of course, what the mind says, your heart might say another, and that's why Hayama feels 'inferior' to Hachiman. Hayama keeps on insisting that he lost, when he's above him in grades, in looks, and in this episode, even in athletics. So why does Hayama keeps saying he 'wants to accept losing' to Hachiman? Simple, because he has recognized that Yukino now likes Hachiman, and will most probably lose in that regard.

So yeah, sorry to all the people I can't reply to right now. I'm just in no mood to debate when I'm currently in the depths of despair at the thought of might have happened to YukinoXHayama, and what could've been. ZETSUBOU SHITA! T_T

(As an aside, a certain speedsubbing group which I ranted about last time, did such a good job this time around. BY FAR the most understandable of the lot. See what good things that can happen when you don't rush out the episode hours after the show airs, just to appease the masses? I mean, what's the hurry anyways? The closest 'real' competition is 24 hours after the episode airs, so that's loads of time to get it as the first 'real' sub out. Leave the shitsubbing to anons and whatnot.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
It is all about Hayama X Hikki at first... That "I don't like you" moment really sounds like a rejection
To be honest? I thought so as well at first. But upon thinking on it further, Hayama's 'words' were something like "We could never be friends." Does this sound familiar? Well it should, as it's more or less Yukinon's first and last 'words' towards Hachiman last season. And... err.... look where Hachiman and Yukinon are now? So maybe the same thing will happen to Hayama and Hikki? Damn, Ebina would be proud of me.

Seriously speaking though, Hayama was wondering last season what would have happened if he and Yukino met Hikki earlier. All of Hayama and Hikki's exchanges this episode only serves to reinforce what I thought then... that Hikki could never have been JUST a 'friend' to these two.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 12:02   Link #751
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... all that talk about inferiority, losing and stuff was about who's the bottom?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 13:32   Link #752
Gundamx

I believe it's more like Hayama like Yukino when they were kid,
And Yukino herself had some feeling for him when she was a kid because he is the only one she can talk to in family gather group.

Rumor start out that he is dating her, which cause all other girls to hate her and harness her, and Hayama only notice when it was too late and out of guilt he stop talking to her in school.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 14:01   Link #753
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

as much as I love childhood friends pairing, I just can't picture Hayama X Yukino in the future
Hayama need to overcome his guilty feeling first and Yukino must be able to not looking at Hayama as someone who tried to fix his past mistake (even though it is almost clear that he holds some kinds of affection to Yukino but he felt that he didn't have any right to love her)
and... Hayama need to kill Hikki in order to sink the Yukino X Hikki ship which is going to sail faster and further from now on

well... Hayama and Yukino just a horrible pairing... I would rather to have Hikki X Hayama

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2015-06-13 at 14:18.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 14:28   Link #754
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... all that talk about inferiority, losing and stuff was about who's the bottom?
That was about how Hayato perceives Hachiman. Hayato knows he's the better person, so it bothers him when Hachiman does what he can't.

That's why Hayato's compliments are for his own sake. He has to reinforce this idea that Hachiman is also a good, kind person like him, or he wouldn't be able to stand losing to him.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 21:12   Link #755
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 11:
So it seems that Feel skipped the subplot regarding Yukinon's mother, huh.

On the other hand, Hayato is sick and tired of not only being inferior to Hachiman, but he doesn't like meeting everyone's expectations! Still, his character is getting more complicated...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 13:23   Link #756
p-kun

So, I don't understand what's with Hayato. He's going to social sciences because he has no choice as all of his friends are going there and he wants to be with them? But at the same time he doesn't want to tell his friends so they can make their own choices or what? What's with him?
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 15:14   Link #757
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Jesus, I'm confused as ever now. What is Hayama even saying? Shut the hell up, bruh.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 16:57   Link #758
laughingwalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
So, I don't understand what's with Hayato. He's going to social sciences because he has no choice as all of his friends are going there and he wants to be with them? But at the same time he doesn't want to tell his friends so they can make their own choices or what? What's with him?
Its fairly straight forward from the episodes title. He doesn't want to disappoint people so he keeping decision secret. He doesn't want people to be disappoint by what ever decision he makes and he doesn't want to feel pressured into picking a specific course of study.

I don't know how high school education in Japan specifically works, but in a lot of Asia they use a track system which is largely imported from British education model. In your senior year of high school you specialize into taking classes required by specific track. The track your on effectively decides what types of majors/programs you would be eligible for on should you go to university.

In most countries when you apply to university, you don't just apply to an university as a whole, but a specific department or a major. You don't too many courses outside your department. So it is very difficult to change programs down the road. So your choice is a big deal, and its irresponsible just too factor

So the track you pick is actually an incredibly big deal and has a long term influence on your lifes direction. Basically Hayato doesn't want his decision to influence other people or be influenced by other people if i'm understanding the situation correctly.
laughingwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 18:10   Link #759
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 11:

On the other hand, Hayato is sick and tired of not only being inferior to Hachiman, but he doesn't like meeting everyone's expectations! Still, his character is getting more complicated...
thats what i was thinking. i thought that scene was really important. it made yukinons mom as really cold, and not very approving of yugihama and 8man.. i thought a verybimportant fore shadowing movement was not mentioned. were 8man was glad he will never have to meet oe talk to yukinon mom again.. setting up so type of confrontation in the the future. where he helps yukinon out.
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 19:00   Link #760
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 11:

Yea, skipping that was kinda jarring. One of those times where I had to double check I didn't skip an ep.

I feel a lot of Yukino's current personality problems have to do with her childhood. Both school and home life. I think Gundamx has the right idea of it. Given how Hayama over reacted to the rumor it must have hit a sore spot for him. Retelling a tale of how Yukino lost her only friend due to other people's misunderstandings and envy would also explain why Yukino so forcefully dodged Miura's prying.

That nurse's office scene though. It was like I could feel Yukino's disappointment that Hikki didn't go for a kiss, whether she'd have let him or not.

Hayama's and Hikki's situation regarding girls is basically the same but it seems only Hayama realizes it. Hayama's decision is to not choose. I feel the climax will be can the group survive Hikki's choice?
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote