AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-24, 03:17   Link #1
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Question for ppl in Netherlands

I was wondering if anyone have heard of the chef Mr. Lee and his ramens. I just saw a documentary and he was a korean war wash boy (he washed clothes for American GIs) and somehow he ended up in Netherlands. He introduced Ramen to the country. I was wondering if anyone heard of him or his ramen (i think its called Mr. Lee) and if anyone has tried the ramen. Is it good? In the interview he said he made it to fit the Dutch taste rather than korean or japanese.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 09:54   Link #2
CommS007

Ok >__>?
Can't say that I have.

And I've been buying Nissin Demae Ramen in the chinese supermarkets in Rotterdam for years (more than a decade)
There are lots of other brands too... But no Mr. Lee >__>...
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 12:58   Link #3
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Dutch-styled Ramen noodles??? wonder what that's like...

hmmm this is making me hungry. I am also wondering if it's good now... I love Ramen.. it must be like, the best kind of noodles to eat. Tied #1 along with Vietnamese Pho. What did they put in it? Didn't the documentary say what he did to make it different from the traditional korean/japanese styled ramen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
I was wondering if anyone have heard of the chef Mr. Lee and his ramens. I just saw a documentary and he was a korean war wash boy (he washed clothes for American GIs) and somehow he ended up in Netherlands. He introduced Ramen to the country. I was wondering if anyone heard of him or his ramen (i think its called Mr. Lee) and if anyone has tried the ramen. Is it good? In the interview he said he made it to fit the Dutch taste rather than korean or japanese.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 13:18   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Dutch-styled Ramen noodles??? wonder what that's like...

hmmm this is making me hungry. I am also wondering if it's good now... I love Ramen.. it must be like, the best kind of noodles to eat. Tied #1 along with Vietnamese Pho. What did they put in it? Didn't the documentary say what he did to make it different from the traditional korean/japanese styled ramen?
Less hot pepper, less oil and garlic. More beef and soy sauce type. (U'll never tase teh soysauce or garlic, but its in there) In simpler terms, the Dutch style is not as spicy, and its more "beefy" He had arguments because the chefs working under him were mostly korean or japaenese. He just told them "its not wat u like, its wat they like" Basically it mas much more beef flavor in them.

He could be dead now. Mr. Lee was supposed to be famous, he came out in some talk show in Netherlands.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 13:28   Link #5
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
hhmm... i am hungry now and it's 11:30pm... if only there was a Japanese/Korean noodle restaurant around the corner... *stomach rumbling*
ooohh i should have never browsed into this thread. whatever i'll be getting for lunch today, it just won't be as good as a big bowl of ramen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Less hot pepper, less oil and garlic. More beef and soy sauce type. (U'll never tase teh soysauce or garlic, but its in there) In simpler terms, the Dutch style is not as spicy, and its more "beefy" He had arguments because the chefs working under him were mostly korean or japaenese. He just told them "its not wat u like, its wat they like" Basically it mas much more beef flavor in them.

He could be dead now. Mr. Lee was supposed to be famous, he came out in some talk show in Netherlands.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 14:01   Link #6
CommS007

It's never really spicy or herby!
I add fresh herbs or chili or what else not if needed :3
And meat and veggies :3

Udon noodles, eggnoodles are also good and there are many more kinds >.>
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 15:59   Link #7
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Darn.... When I saw that this thread got some posts I thought someone knew what dutch ramen tasted like...but since no one has tried it and they posted anyways I'm going to post to.

Well after reading Zoro's second post I now how it should kind of taste like and I think it sounds very good because every ramen I can find or ever eaten is spicy and I eat a LOT of ramen I think one bowl every night and eating spciy ramen is getting sickening to me right now. hmmm I need to now go and look for this beefier ramen. Well there is sapparo ichiban, but I don't like that one it isn't filling enough.
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote