AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 08:54   Link #81
Aqua Knight

Laws of Tsuruya were megas cute, I wonder why isn't Kyon x Tsuruya popular after all.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:59   Link #82
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Not reliable. The first chapter is clear, but the 2nd chapter is a complete mess. (And is missing the later pages)
Old 2009-09-02, 09:01   Link #83
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Laws of Tsuruya were megas cute, I wonder why isn't Kyon x Tsuruya popular after all.
That is a very good question. Even I have no problems with that, and I'm pretty much against Kyon and anyone*.

*Haruhi being an exception, but that's mainly because she'd make the rest of his life hell.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-02, 09:02   Link #84
Aqua Knight

Btw, where's the sequel to this or that last page with "Angel" was the end?
Old 2009-09-02, 09:18   Link #85
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
That was uproariously hilarious, and also very cute and sweet.

Tsuruya made me think of Ranma Saotome's fiances/love pursuers there, lol.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:15   Link #86
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I read the version Nukerjsr sent me.

Spoiler for yeah:
Old 2009-09-05, 21:30   Link #87
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Does anyone think that the newest episode has said anything about Tsuruya's character? Now I can completely agree that she goes along with whatever Haruhi says (possibly anyone), but how she's very believable considering her unrealistic traits. She's SO nice that you can't really suspect her of what she does.

And still there's the debate with how she's involved with Haruhi's true purpose.
Old 2009-09-05, 21:32   Link #88
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Tsuruya struck me as somewhat... evil... this last episode, given that whenever she laughed, the dark, ominous music was playing.
Old 2009-09-06, 04:18   Link #89
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Tsuruya struck me as somewhat... evil... this last episode, given that whenever she laughed, the dark, ominous music was playing.
Like I said to Kogetsu earlier in this thread, Tsururya does have her flaws... just enough to keep her interesting.

Tsuruya can be playful to a fault and she's a touch oblivious, at least when it comes to helping out Haruhi and the SOS Brigade. Tsuruya was the only person that was actually smiling for a bit while Haruhi was bopping Mikuru on the head (in the lead-up to you-know-what). Now, in Tsuruya's case, there's not a touch of malevolence there (Tsuruya's smile was an innocent one)... but it does show that she can be a bit clueless at times.

However, Tsuruya gets points from me for quickly realizing her error and actually apologizing to Kyon.
Old 2009-09-06, 10:29   Link #90
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, Tsuruya gets points from me for quickly realizing her error and actually apologizing to Kyon.
I agree with you here. She would really seens pretty 'evil'(not the right word) if was not for that.
Old 2009-09-06, 16:03   Link #91
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Tsuruya can be playful to a fault and she's a touch oblivious, at least when it comes to helping out Haruhi and the SOS Brigade. Tsuruya was the only person that was actually smiling for a bit while Haruhi was bopping Mikuru on the head (in the lead-up to you-know-what). Now, in Tsuruya's case, there's not a touch of malevolence there (Tsuruya's smile was an innocent one)... but it does show that she can be a bit clueless at times.
Someone still hasn't read Intrigues (Vol 7). There's a reason people around here call her the Batman, and it's not just because she's unpowered and flthy rich. Tsuruya-san is faaar more perceptive than she lets on, likely only surpassed by Yuki in that department.
Old 2009-09-06, 16:31   Link #92
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Like I said to Kogetsu earlier in this thread, Tsururya does have her flaws... just enough to keep her interesting.

(all hail tsuruya)
Old 2009-09-06, 17:39   Link #93
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Someone still hasn't read Intrigues (Vol 7).
I haven't decided yet if I want to spoil myself on all the Haruhi story that's out there (as it pertains to possible future animated material).

Quote:
There's a reason people around here call her the Batman, and it's not just because she's unpowered and filthy rich. Tsuruya-san is faaar more perceptive than she lets on, likely only surpassed by Yuki in that department.
Thanks for the info.

I still like to think of her more along the lines of the Joker. Green hair, laughs a lot... and apparently enjoys playing questionable pranks on even her best friends. If she's not clueless, then that means that she knew that what Haruhi was doing was wrong, and went along with it anyway.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-06 at 18:24.
Old 2009-09-07, 17:45   Link #94
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I haven't decided yet if I want to spoil myself on all the Haruhi story that's out there (as it pertains to possible future animated material).

Thanks for the info.

I still like to think of her more along the lines of the Joker. Green hair, laughs a lot... and apparently enjoys playing questionable pranks on even her best friends. If she's not clueless, then that means that she knew that what Haruhi was doing was wrong, and went along with it anyway.
Read at least up to Volume 7. Tsuruya-san's actions in Sigh will make considerably more sense. Even though Intrigues has multiple plots running concurrently and due to the primary plot, is the most Mikuru-centric of the single story books, Tsuruya absolutely steals the entire book in just one scene. And it's not a goofy, genki, laughing Tsuruya that does it.
Old 2009-09-07, 22:29   Link #95
OkamiNoKaze

"Why So Serious? Nyoro~n"
Old 2009-09-07, 23:20   Link #96
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
"Why So Serious? Nyoro~n"
LOL!

That was great, OkamiNoKaze.

What's so funny is that I can sooo see Tsuruya saying that to Kyon after he tries to throw his punch.
Old 2009-09-08, 08:01   Link #97
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Okay, how come when I did that joke, it creeped people out?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-08, 14:20   Link #98
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Timing. Everything with humor is about timing.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:49   Link #99
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Possible...
Old 2009-09-09, 02:37   Link #100
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Okay, how come when I did that joke, it creeped people out?
Because it's funnier when it's not funny the first time.

Noblesse oblige. Please continue being the straight man. ^_^