AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 11:33   Link #281
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post

vs
(click to enlarge) Hint: Look at the hair.
Quite clear right? They were completing each others' sentence(s), somewhat like Oreille's twin dolls.
But the soul placement in the screen supports that "Kill me" came from the central being (Dark Yin) as White Yin was off to the side where the souls are spread apart . I still think that we may have a collar color issue imo. But having both Yins connected is another way of looking at it also.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:19   Link #282
Hobbit
. . .

I believe that, at least, Suou and July are the same, that Shion just made copies of their bodies. There's room for others contractors to be the real ones too. Mainly because we don't know what was Izanami part in the deal made with Shion. Why would he need Izanami to make copies? Izanami was gathering contractor's ghosts and we don't know why she was doing it. Maybe it was her job to send these ghosts (Suou and July at least) to this new Earth. For Shion, and his father, Suou was not a copy, but the real one. Shion longed to protect her individuality, because it was his dream to live in a happy family with Suou.

And, even if in the sky in the new Earth don't have it, Suou made a origami of a red star, and it seens that the red star was Shions star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
All in all, this ending provided appropriate closure for our characters -- hopefully more background info regarding Yin's past situation will be revealed as advertised in the OVAs. The plot may still continue, but it's pretty hard to make Darker Than Black without our Chinese Electric Batman. I can see them making a prequel and/or a Heaven's War run though (Amber mentioned that they fought Heaven's War many times in S1Ep25, though I don't know how accurate the sub is).
Well, I agree that, depending on how they have worked in the OVAs, there's room enough for a closure regarding Yin and Hei. But I don't believe that they will just sit down while evil shota wreck the world. Mainly because Yin was the host for Izanami and was Hei who woke her up.

If Suou and July are the real ones, there's even room for a come back to fight the brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the soul placement in the screen supports that "Kill me" came from the central being (Dark Yin) as White Yin was off to the side where the souls are spread apart . I still think that we may have a collar color issue imo. But having both Yins connected is another way of looking at it also.
I still think that Izanami asked Hei if he wanted to go to the new Earth (it's not too late), and Yin herself asked him to kill her. And that's why he smiled. My opinion is that he can't kill Yin because he isn't strong enough to lose the woman he loves a second time, and because he can't destroy Suou chance to be happy with her family.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:35   Link #283
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Finished for the subs today, and I was, *-* I re-watched it again, then I view this thread, not all of it (too much!) well, my comment with the ending as I predicted : awkward, unclear, and unsolved.
But, I also like this episode so much. Seeing Hei smiling, OMG its the calm smile I ever see. So at least now a happy ending for Hei, not like the season 1 that he seems suffer so much.
Shion creating another earth, what a power, he doing this as a present for Suou. Shion must love Suou very much, as his big sister, like his last sentence "oneecha-" T_T
The new hair style of Misaki! I love it! why did bones decided to change it style? wkwk
Then July, think he released from his doll being, but I dunno if he loved Suou as friend or not? so cute with his smile, unfortunately Suou didnt remember him.

For the Yin, what is that another Yin? A white Yin and a black Yin, is it a split of inner self? But I am glad that she wouldnt attacked Hei, lol what am I thinking, they love each other!

I am waiting for the OVA, I think it would be explain some of our questions.
For BONES making a troll, I didnt agreed. BONES make a such story, an extra ord that we felt of questions, and that's why I love this series. more DTB please! xD

Farewell, Hei, Suou and the rest of Darker than Black Ryuusei No Gemini.
Old 2009-12-28, 14:39   Link #284
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

Re: the supposed 'new' Gate

I've said it before: I think the translation in the sub might be off. Rather than a new Gate appearing, I think they meant that Hell's Gate opened again.
I read that post, that's why it got me thinking that maybe that pillar inside Hell's Gate in the epilogue was the new gate/reopening of Hell's Gate.
Old 2009-12-28, 19:07   Link #285
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
I read that post, that's why it got me thinking that maybe that pillar inside Hell's Gate in the epilogue was the new gate/reopening of Hell's Gate.
You did just write "new gate" in the post I responded to...
but apologies for singling out your post when you actually suggested an answer - there are others who kept asking where/what the new gate is...and I think the answer may simply be that there isn't one... (not to mention it just isn't necessary for everyone to ask!)

I'm actually not sure that Hell's Gate and Heaven's Gate are concrete places whose boundaries are identified by objects you can see. After all, the places where July and Shion disappeared are meant to be within the Gate. (see ~5.50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
I believe that, at least, Suou and July are the same, that Shion just made copies of their bodies. There's room for others contractors to be the real ones too. ... For Shion, and his father, Suou was not a copy, but the real one. Shion longed to protect her individuality, because it was his dream to live in a happy family with Suou.
Someone mentioned this before too...but perhaps they want us to think about what makes us real. Is it our bodies? Or is it our memories? If the latter, then it doesn't really matter what our bodies are. Perhaps it doesn't even matter if the memories are actually real, as long as they are what the person in question wants to believe is real. (BONES has done this before, in RahXephon).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2009-12-29, 07:05   Link #286
Tanksenior
~:=}

Great episode IMHO, and I agree that it certainly leaves enough(a LOT) questions unawnsered for a third season.

Misaki looked really good at the end .

The thing that bothered me was America "taking over the streets of Tokyo", it reminds me of a certain code.....

Anyway I loved the season alot and am hoping for more!
Old 2009-12-29, 11:09   Link #287
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Someone posted a magazine scan online that was an excerpt from an interview with Okamura Tensai:

Spoiler:

For people more knowledgeable with Japanese there's a scan here. I hope it's a fake or it's just a joke, but I guess I have to rewatch the second season again.
Old 2009-12-29, 12:27   Link #288
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Someone posted a magazine scan online that was an excerpt from an interview with Okamura Tensai:

Spoiler:

For people more knowledgeable with Japanese there's a scan here. I hope it's a fake or it's just a joke, but I guess I have to rewatch the second season again.
*sigh* At least that's cleared =] I'm fine with what the interview says... though I would like S3 and Yin alive...

OVA's should be a very drama like now =]
Old 2009-12-29, 12:57   Link #289
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:

Spoiler:

That leaves me very confused because if thats the case then a lot of the questions we've posed/dismissed as "to be answered" will not be answered, and a lot of those questions were fairly pivotal.

Do we just assume that the real world is screwed now and that evil-shota is going to kill everyone left? If that's the case then this really was an End of Eva ending, just with the EVA-01 replaced by a planet full of people. Without any season to follow, the ending of S2 just isn't very conclusive for an ending of a whole story.
Old 2009-12-29, 13:13   Link #290
Bern-san

sorri if sb asked it before but

what happened to hei?
WTF that boy looking like yin? i didn't understand if it is yin or the son or somebody else
Old 2009-12-29, 13:17   Link #291
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

wow... that's weird. (Makes discussing the issue about Yin futile as well... :x)

I mean, I agree, she looks dead to me, but there are enough people here alone that seem to disagree (even though that's always the case whenever some character dies ).

Leaving questions unanswered, I can understand, but if DtB is finished, then why include Kagutsuchi- Hellspawn at the end?
Old 2009-12-29, 13:41   Link #292
chickdigger802

Still have no clue wth the entire season was all about... It like involved an army of suou somehow linked together Misaka style or something.

They also never really explained wth is the moon and dark yin (yang?)'s purpose either.

And wtf happened with Suou anyways? Is she in the matrix? Maybe this will all make sense if all rewatch the entire season again in a row =/
Old 2009-12-29, 15:46   Link #293
Jarmel

Everything pretty much make sense except for Yin and Madam Oreille. They didn't explain crap about her and just left it wide bloody open. Yin I have a very rough idea but if I'm correct then Yin is still alive. The disaster is that boy because if you remember from earlier Yin was pregnant.

However if Yin is dead then WTF? Why did the calamity(the boy) still happen? Why did Yin die then? This crap makes no sense.
Old 2009-12-29, 16:21   Link #294
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Spoiler:
I found more of that interview with Okamura on 2channel (posts 20-21 in this thread).
Spoiler for interview with director talking about Yin and Hei and any plans for a future series:
A few questions are answered in a post on 2channel, which I will summarize as I get time, unless someone else would like to.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-29 at 17:47.
Old 2009-12-29, 18:46   Link #295
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
And wtf happened with Suou anyways? Is she in the matrix? Maybe this will all make sense if all rewatch the entire season again in a row =/

Important points I already outlined HERE. For you lazy readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
sorri if sb asked it before but what happened to hei? WTF that boy looking like yin? i didn't understand if it is yin or the son or somebody else
Hei lives. The boy is the prophesied Destroyer, whom we dubbed Kagutsuchi after the myth of Izanami and Izanagi. AGAIN noted in the link I provided above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Do we just assume that the real world is screwed now and that evil-shota is going to kill everyone left? If that's the case then this really was an End of Eva ending, just with the EVA-01 replaced by a planet full of people.
Oh the irony. EoE came to mind as well.

This is just an initial reaction mind, and there's still a chance the director will change his mind later on. I mean, Anno took almost 15 years before Rebuild of Evangelion right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
However if Yin is dead then WTF? Why did the calamity(the boy) still happen? Why did Yin die then? This crap makes no sense.
I guess it could be interpreted as 'If you love someone enough, you'll be able to understand when it's time to let them go."

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2009-12-29 at 19:03.
Old 2009-12-29, 19:00   Link #296
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Oh the irony. EoE came to mind as well.

This is just an initial reaction mind, and there's still a chance the director will change his mind later on. I mean, Anno took almost 15 years before Rebuild of Evangelion right?
I'm still waiting on 2.0... >.>

My big qualm if its in the likeness of End of Eva is that Unit-01 became a god-like entity, it doesn't need food, water, or sunlight, and will last forever as a testament to the existence of humanity no matter what people may choose on Orange-Earth. On the other hand, Shion's copy is floating off into space. It will eventually lose the heat of the sun and turn into a giant snowball, ultimately colliding with some snowman planet for ultimate irony.

The comparison in ideas is there, but EoE is much more "realistic" in terms of a conclusion.
Old 2009-12-29, 20:06   Link #297
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I guess it could be interpreted as 'If you love someone enough, you'll be able to understand when it's time to let them go."
However if the calamity is already going to happen then Hei just decided to off her for kicks? At that point in the story, Hei killing her served no purpose.
Old 2009-12-29, 21:07   Link #298
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
At that point in the story, Hei killing her served no purpose.
Seemed eerily like a willful euthanasia to me. The scene itself is vague enough as it is without the director's comments, though that it can be interpreted in multiple ways... Including one where Hei was just granting his loved one's wish to be lit up more than a Christmas Tree in Time Square.
Old 2009-12-29, 21:29   Link #299
Jarmel

The plot seemed to indicate that Yin wanted to die in order to prevent the calamity from happening, hence the whole putting herself to sleep. Also it's a bit much for Hei to just kill her without even attempting to talk her back to normal unless there was a time crunch(the calamity). The calamity happening makes Yin's sacrifice at the end absolutely pointless.
Old 2009-12-29, 21:34   Link #300
Cinocard

Quote:
However if the calamity is already going to happen then Hei just decided to off her for kicks? At that point in the story, Hei killing her served no purpose.
Yup, this crap makes no sense.

Why were there 2 Yin? Shion said he made "a deal," and Yin presumably sent the memory/soul/whatever of July and Suou to the new Earth, but what was Shion's part in the deal? Did he create another Yin that we saw at the end? That would make sense why Izanami and Izanigi meeting would produce calamity. Yet what was the point of having another Yin from Yin's perspective?

Wtf Hei got his power back? Was it because his power was inside Suou's meteor fragment the whole time, since she disrupted the trap in Ep 2?

What did Hei do to Yin at the end? Did he kill her? Then how come the, say, Kagu-Tsuchi was still born? He killed his lover to save the world, yet still failed at saving the world? Or did he sacrifice the world and not kill her? In fact, in the final "epic" scene, we saw only 1 Yin.

Exactly how the hell was that Kagu-Tsuchi born again? A transformation on one of the two Yin by Hei's power???

Why did a new gate appear? Does it have any connection with the Izanami incident?

What was Madam Oreille's wish?

And where was my Hazuki
Closed Thread