AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 22:48   Link #3141
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I've also just realized.

Amata does use one of Apollo's moves in Aquarion.

Remember infinity punch? It was used in Evol, and it was Amata who used it on Jin.

Well, yeah Infinity Punch is also Apollo's move.

I guess, rewatching the series and refreshing my memory does work, and I keep getting more hints.

So now we have Kagura and Amata using Apollo's moves.

Interesting indeed.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 23:24   Link #3142
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
If i can remember correctly didn't the interview by the producers say that the reincarnations will become clear by about the halfway point? I'm betting the speculation will come to an end with this weeks episode since it's the half way mark which would be the best episode to make the reveal.
Well, these last couple of episodes threw a few chips on the table that weren't around prior, leaving us with a few more options than before. Just to sum up:
  1. Kagura is Apollo, Mikono is Sylvia, Zessica is ???, and Amata is the child of the new legend.
  2. Kagura is Apollo, Zessica is Sylvia, Mikono is ???, and Amata is the child of the new legend.
  3. Amata is Apollo, Kagura is ???, Mikono is Sylvia, and Zessica is ???.
  4. Amata is Apollo, Kagura is ???, Mikono is ???, and Zessica is Sylvia.
  5. Kagura is Apollo, Amata is Apollo, Zessica is Sylvia, and Mikono is Sylvia. (boring option is boring.)
  6. Kagura is a dog turned human with Apollo's memories courtesy of Mykage (or he's just a vengeful sister-lusting Sirius?), Mikono is some sort of food group that smells very nicely to Kagura, Amata is a pack of WWII saltines because, as we all know, those have no smell or flavor or nutritional value, and Zessica is like the cheese on a pizza that just has to swing out and get sauce on your white shirt.
  7. Jin and Yunoha are Apollo and Sylvia, and we all got tricked.

I prefer (1.) irregardless of where the story actually takes it because its the only one that I find to make even a lick of sense if we look at the episodes prior to 11 & 12 as having been part of the overall narrative (which they were...). The others, as it stands, would need a lot of explanation as to the nature of a bunch of previous details that, honestly, seem to point this way. (2.) and (4.) are not to my liking as the details concerning Zessica have come out of nowhere all of a sudden with nary any build up prior and would feel rather contrived, and Amata seems too disconnected from the greater *visions* and *past life memories* to suddenly get dragged into it (again, this was also the case prior to Zessica getting pulled into the whole mess by a mirror). The (3.) option is not as bad as (2.) and (4.) but, again, Amata's just not been very involved in the memories and reincarnation shenanigans aside from piloting Aquarion, and has been more of a character of lineage and his mother's legacy. (5.) is a bit boring but I guess I could buy it somehow...

Amata being a reincarnation, to me, wastes a lot of character potential not only for being a "new legend" or a new page in the long book of history, but also the fact that he may just be the child of Altair and Vega which can, without prior life B.S., define his character in an unique and interesting way that would separate him from the cast, introduce conflict, and a few other yummy details. Not to dissimilarly, whoever turns out to be the eve I'd prefer to also be free of said baggage because that role, in and of itself, would provide plenty of options for depth and development.

If they give me (6.) or (7.)... /walks off.

P.S.: Its likely going to be (2.).

... /walks off again.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:54   Link #3143
HimeaSaito

Maybe Kagura is Apollo and Mikono is Slivie..... mostly after seeing all 12 episode some of them gave hints between those two...
Episode 1/2 - Kagura recognize Aquarion and it cause him get excited after hearing it. The wedding of despair between those two meant that their love will bring destruction again to be together...
Episode 5/6- He been finding her scent and Mikono felt like she knew him before (Amata might have been making it up saying that he knew Kagura mostly he just jealous between those two...)
Episode 11 bother me the most are
1. Mikage wanted Kagura to regain his past memories of Apollo and Sylvie? What reason does he want that for just to get the Original Aquarion that was seal in Vega??? I know that Kagura and mikono are the key to awaken it. Does he want the soul of Apollonious??? Or bring back the Tree of Life again/ Shadow Angel????
2. Zessica touch the mirror it show Kagura and Mikono past life as Apollo and Sylvie (I think it show her that because it her desired to know what the different between her and Mikono for Amata's affection??)

I would say that Amata is either a descendant of Apollonious or Shadow Angel. Or maybe he is the vessel to Aquarion..... I don't know just need to wait until episode 13-.... continue....

More KaguraxMikono!!!!!!! Let Zessica have Amata!!!! T.T
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 00:36   Link #3144
cyberdemon

a thought of the wedding in funeral clothing. The continuation of the vision shows Mikono dying which makes me think Mikage may be planning on sacrificing her to awaken Aquarion? The location is the same location that Alicia was taken in Amata's memories and it showed Aquarion in that memories as well. which makes me think that's where Aquarion is buried. Mikono in that vision looked sad, resigned to her fate of being sacrificed.
Old 2012-03-23, 00:47   Link #3145
Zuul

Quote:
a thought of the wedding in funeral clothing. The continuation of the vision shows Mikono dying which makes me think Mikage may be planning on sacrificing her to awaken Aquarion? The location is the same location that Alicia was taken in Amata's memories and it showed Aquarion in that memories as well. which makes me think that's where Aquarion is buried. Mikono in that vision looked sad, resigned to her fate of being sacrificed.
It was not a guenuine vision. It was Shrade messing with Cayenne's mind. When Cayenne has a guenuine vision a red light appears on his forehead to symbolize a third eye. There was none when he got the vision of Mikono in Kagura's arms turning into a skeletton.

That said, another Cayenne's vision puts a deathflag over Mikono's head and it's the one about Mikono being killed (or maybe just taken away) by the Aquarion.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 01:10   Link #3146
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It was not a guenuine vision. It was Shrade messing with Cayenne's mind. When Cayenne has a guenuine vision a red light appears on his forehead to symbolize a third eyes. There was none when he got the vision of Mikono in Kagura's arms turning into a skeletton.

That said, another Cayenne's vision puts a deathflag over Mikono's head and it's the one about Mikono being killed (or maybe just taken away) by the Aquarion.
leads up to the same thing. Pretty confident that Aquarion is buried under that hill either way and that Mikage plans to sacrifice Mikono to awaken it.

btw, has episode 1 and 2 been released on dvd or blueray yet? Wasn't those 2 episodes supposed to be a lot longer but were cut down and aired together? Any info on the extended versions of the episodes.

edit: nvm, saw that it doesn't come out till April 25th

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-23 at 01:24.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 01:54   Link #3147
Zuul

Quote:
leads up to the same thing. Pretty confident that Aquarion is buried under that hill either way and that Mikage plans to sacrifice Mikono to awaken it.

btw, has episode 1 and 2 been released on dvd or blueray yet? Wasn't those 2 episodes supposed to be a lot longer but were cut down and aired together? Any info on the extended versions of the episodes.

edit: nvm, saw that it doesn't come out till April 25th
For me it'll be more like Mikono+Kagura unwillingly wrecking Vega by awaking the sousei no Aquarion, then sacrifizing themselves to save the world. The usual stuff.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:45   Link #3148
mayumi

i have a feeling next episode is going to be like episode 2 in the original seres "beast of darkness"
in that episode aquarion turns all black because of toma's and otoha's trolling then apollo unleashes a huge explosion which was called light of genesis - light born from darkness.

in the preview we see kagura covering his eyes because some sort of huge light bursting out forth either from aquarion or jin's machine.

we also see cayenne's vision of jin's machine turning all dark with yunoha on his hand. if amata does unleash thelight then there is no doubt that he is apollo reborn.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 07:16   Link #3149
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
in the preview we see kagura covering his eyes because some sort of huge light bursting out forth either from aquarion or jin's machine.
It's just Kagura covering his eyes from the light coming from Shrade's attack(it's the same attack from the the sixth episode or maybe I'm mixing up it with the Moon(that episode was full of it), also Kagura's and Shrade's background is the same).

Last edited by pingva; 2012-03-23 at 07:40.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:34   Link #3150
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
1. Mikage wanted Kagura to regain his past memories of Apollon and Sylvie? What reason does he want that for just to get the Original Aquarion that was seal in Vega??? I know that Kagura and mikono are the key to awaken it. Does he want the soul of Apollonious??? Or bring back the Tree of Life again/ Shadow Angel????
2. Zessica touch the mirror it show Kagura and Mikono past life as Apollon and Sylvie (I think it show her that because it her desired to know what the different between her and Mikono for Amata's affection??)
I made some corrections.

For now we only know Mykage wants the Aquarion by using the presumed reincarnations of Apollon and Sylvie.

Note Apollon and Sylvie not Apollonius and Celiane nor Apollo and Silvia. If he knows the true name of Aquarion why not its pilots?

We can pretty much guess Altair is a alternate universe to Vega. Vega as confirmed with the TV Aquarion there is the TV series Earth. Altair is another alternate Earth with its own Book of Genesis, Izumo is reading it.

My guess since Apollon had still his wings in the visions, unlike Apollonius/Apollo in the OVA and TV series, is that the Aquarion in Altair's universe was never created. (Ignis mecha and Izumo wanting one Vector hint to it.)

Apollo and Silvia had their analogs in Apollon and Slyvie. Remember what Mykage said about the love of Apollon and Slyvie countless times? If we go by one universe that's twice but not infinite. Unless we are talking about the multiverse. Which Aquarion OVA is a explicit AU to the TV series.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:48   Link #3151
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
For now we only know Mykage wants the Aquarion by using the presumed reincarnations of Apollon and Sylvie.

Note Apollon and Sylvie not Apollonius and Celiane nor Apollo and Silvia. If he knows the true name of Aquarion why not its pilots?
Only point of contention is that if he wants Sousei no Aquarion, and his method is through the reincarnations (presumably Kagura and Mikono) his method of achieving that makes no sense nor would him doing it if he's not 100% sure. The first case is plainly obvious that Mykage has manipulated Kagura into a blood frenzy for Mikono but if Kagura were to kill Mikono... then they'd be unable to access Sousei no Aquarion since one of the two requisite keys would be dead. The fact that he's even sending out Kagura in such a suicidal fashion raises flags too. On the other hand, if he is not using Kagura as purely a fake tool and that he is indeed Apollon, having him chase the wrong girl, again, makes little sense from Mykage's perspective. To dismiss this as "he may be wrong" would somewhat undermine the fact that he's effectively been presented in the same vein as Fudo as nigh omnipresent and omniscient. Furthermore, to waste his *real* Apollon to chase a fake Sylvie doesn't make much sense. Moreover, Mykage isn't just going to accept that Mikono is Sylvie because Kagura can smell her... is he? Seems rather blind of a conclusion for him to make with no basis.

So this leads me to believe that there is a possibility that: Kagura is not his actual Apollo but a tool to catalyze the real one therein neither is Mikono because it would make little sense for Mykage to risk her getting killed by said former tool if she were important.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:25   Link #3152
Zuul

Am I the only one who didn't take what Kagura said litterally. I don't think he plans to kill Mikono at all. It's just is way of expressing his feelings.

In episode 01/02, he was speaking about biting Mikono and yet when they met in episode 05 all he did was sniffing and licking her (in a gentle and erotic way).

Not that I would really mind his killing Mikono, his taking her away or killing her would have the same desired effect of emotionnally crushing Amata. Something I really really want to see.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:46   Link #3153
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Blu-Ray CMs.

I like Fudou version the most. GOMENNASAI YO!!!
Old 2012-03-23, 12:04   Link #3154
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
ZESSICA NSFW
because of nudity and nipple-lage---I removed it It's a vector of the nude zessica sample image on the main website
Gotta pm me for NUDES

PNG vector of screen shot. Ohh large thumbnail make it look messy and it's really not. Guy who did this t does not make messy renders and vectors

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-03-23 at 12:21. Reason: PM OR VM FOR NUDES
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 15:00   Link #3155
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Am I the only one who didn't take what Kagura said litterally. I don't think he plans to kill Mikono at all. It's just is way of expressing his feelings.

In episode 01/02, he was speaking about biting Mikono and yet when they met in episode 05 all he did was sniffing and licking her (in a gentle and erotic way).

Not that I would really mind his killing Mikono, his taking her away or killing her would have the same desired effect of emotionnally crushing Amata. Something I really really want to see.
I don't take Kagura's words literary. As you mentioned he many times proved that it's just his stylistic way of talking.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 21:25   Link #3156
HimeaSaito

Quote:
I don't take Kagura's words literary. As you mentioned he many times proved that it's just his stylistic way of talking
His style of talking is a bit similar to Apollo from the previous series
Old 2012-03-23, 22:23   Link #3157
wisteria233

Quote:
His style of talking is a bit similar to Apollo from the previous series
yes and no, his style of talking is similar, however Apollo held no malice towards his comrades and would only malice towards his enemies and even that was limited. Kagura however, speaks that way while showing malice even towards his comrades and enemies alike.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:25   Link #3158
HimeaSaito

Quote:
yes and no, his style of talking is similar, however Apollo held no malice towards his comrades and would only malice towards his enemies and even that was limited. Kagura however, speaks that way while showing malice even towards his comrades and enemies alike.
Would Amata be like that? No malice toward his comrades and against the enemy?????
Old 2012-03-23, 22:35   Link #3159
wisteria233

Quote:
Would Amata be like that? No malice toward his comrades and against the enemy?????
I don't really understand your question, but Amata's does treat his enemies with malice (and only his enemies), outside of battle Amata shows no malice towards others.

However, Kagura's lack of humanity is strange considering how much of an emphasis was put on Apollo's and Apollonious's humanity, and how Apollonious's humanity had increased with Apollo.

Actually outside of cosmetic similarities Kagura is very different from Apollo, in other words Kagura's similarities to Apollo are basically the things that strike out to you you first see his character

the complete and utter lack of humanity, no wings (the wings in 11 were given to him by Mykage, Kagura has never sprouted them on his own), him actually turning into a wolf/giant giant (Apollo's sense was smell was something that he picked up, but it wasn't his entire character, Apollo's had wing imagery was WAY more pronounced than his beast imagery), no actual memory of Aquarion ( he's shown no recognition to its name being called), his violent streak, his desire to kill Mikono (as Apollo never held that desire to Silvia), his complete and utter disregard towards his comrades (Apollo was very loyal towards his comrades and would have given his life to ensure their safety), heck his complete disregard of others (looking back at Aquarion Apollo was very kind, and understanding), the fact that "Sylvie" is scared of him (since Silvia was never scared of Apollo).

Last edited by wisteria233; 2012-03-23 at 22:46.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:40   Link #3160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I don't really understand your question, but Amata's does treat his enemies with malice (and only his enemies), outside of battle Amata shows no malice towards others.
'Malice' feels a bit too strong of a word. It implies some strong spitefulness or anger issues.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction