AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-28, 07:06   Link #1161
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I liked to use the bubble shield and staff wall to knock people back from running and destroying them. Other than that, nothing else to help chase.
Old 2013-05-29, 13:51   Link #1162
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I am extremely disappointed in the patching process when traits are broken yet they keep adding new features. Yes, they are kinda fun, but when things are broken and ignored, that really turns sour

It took approximately 10 months to fix the guardian trait Perfect Inscriptions. It just flat out did not work until Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Necros still have 1/3 downed health and the trait mastery for their primarily used offhand, the focus, is still broken, because a fix, only fixed half the issue. It's pretty humorous how they'll react immediately to bugs concerning warriors, but necros, nope, might as well remove them from the game. The worst part is that there is absolutely no feedback on the issue. There's giant threads on the official forums, but nobody cares.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 16:17   Link #1163
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Necros have always gotten the short end of the stick. I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that the Death Magic trait line still is incredibly terrible. The minor traits are complete crap (they're only useful if you're a Minion Master) and make me feel like I'm wasting trait points if I'm playing anything but a Minion Master... which I usually am. For the most part, I've stopped playing my Necromancer entirely (which is unfortunate because I think Necromancers are cool from a design perspective). Reason is mainly because I feel that I don't have leeway to form builds freely like I can with the Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, or Mesmer.

For the most part I've been playing my Warrior a lot more lately... I've been trying new builds and I really like my new 10/20/0/20/20 build. I use a Sword/Warhorn+Longbow w/ Shouts and it works incredibly well for WvW (running with PUGs) and for general questing/farming. The best past of this build is I can easily switch my utilities or weapons out for something else (like GS/Rifle w/ banners) and my traits can be easily modified to accommodate the changes without having to reset my trait point allocation. The only thing I can't spec for is a specifically tanky-build, but the different hybrid DPS combos is really nice.

I'm still playing my Engineer and Guardian too, though. I've not been playing my Mesmer quite as much as I used to because while I absolutely love it for dungeons (my Mesmer's survivability is insane), I hate it for roaming because the swiftness uptime is absolutely atrocious.
Old 2013-05-29, 18:13   Link #1164
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Death magic does have some useful traits like Greater Marks and Ritual of Protection. If I had to pick on a pooper, it'd be the Soul Reaping tree or maybe Spite.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-02, 02:50   Link #1165
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Wow, the new WvW matchmaking... lol that's ridiculous. I know my server usually gets fucked when it comes to it, but this is a new level.

Then again, this took about 30 min, thanks for the loot badges.

And no I didn't use a staff, because support is for pansies. Guardians can definitely dps people down. Sure they don't do it as well as warriors, but then again how many of them can just walk past crowds and take out a few along the way?

My gear is still crappy though, hopefully I'll get some guild missions or laurels for those stupidly overpriced trinkets. And perhaps a better wardrobe. Heavy armor is so boring.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-02, 15:39   Link #1166
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
i been trying to get into playing Guardian but for some reason, I just cant do it, I dont know.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:11   Link #1167
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, it really depends on the style you like. If you want reliable ranged weapons, it would not be a good choice for example. It's a class that's revolving mainly with making others stronger, though some mistake it for being a support class.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-06-02 at 18:16.
Old 2013-06-03, 19:21   Link #1168
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Maguuma = My Realm = Always Second Place.
Old 2013-06-04, 06:32   Link #1169
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I only see other servers as excellent sources of loot bags.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-04, 16:20   Link #1170
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, I'm actually curious to get back into Guild Wars 2 after so long. So if I remember my account name and such, I'll be strolling around on my Charr Warrior.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:02   Link #1171
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Prepared some stuff for a good night of wvw or w/e involves large groups for maximum pwnage.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-18, 21:07   Link #1172
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, I'm actually curious to get back into Guild Wars 2 after so long. So if I remember my account name and such, I'll be strolling around on my Charr Warrior.
Yeah i haven't play since the xmas event myself and might get on for a bit till FFXIV is back up.

Here is my Guardian and i think my skills and equipment is out of date by now.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:40   Link #1173
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

They haven't introduced much else besides ascended earrings since you left, so there shouldn't be much of a difference.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-25, 22:45   Link #1174
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...June-25th-2013

Guardian scepter boost, and necro buffs are nice, but wtf did they do with rangers?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-08-09, 16:45   Link #1175
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Oh, does anyone play this anymore?

They introduced a really cool new feature in the form of the account wallet so you no longer need to have a ton of tokens and badges wasting space.
Images

Now I can store more random crap of my own, though I've always been thrifty on space.
Images

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-08-09, 17:30   Link #1176
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm saddened of the fact I won't be able to play my Charr Warrior. One thing I don't like about the "activation key being your lifeline" is if I "accidentally" lose it even though I'm not usually that careless. Now I'll have to start from scratch since I can't find it anywhere and forgot my password.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:14   Link #1177
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Uhh, how did you buy the game? If digitally, there should be a way if you provide the information you used to buy it. And it would have been in an email.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...mber-s/1477700

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-09-15, 18:31   Link #1178
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Ahh, still dead around here. I'll try to add something of substance.

Well, quite a bit of stuff has happened lately. The necro is quite strong with the buffs thanks to some really nice balance changes in the curses and soul reaping tree. The later is really strong.

There's also the controversial ascended weapons and later armor which require stupid grind in some cases. It's quite bad, though the gw2 forums is still funny because they'll complain about anything.

I haven't found the perfect Guardian builds for my needs but it seems 30 radiance seems to be the centerpiece. Radiant Power (25 radiance) is 10% more damage against foes with conditions which is almost a freebie in wvw. With the buff to Purging Flames (1 condition removed to 3 conditions removed) I might be able to do something besides shouts!

Anyhow, I prefer the "fire support" Guardian which is offensively focused without being entirely glass. The more offensive version being 10/30/0/30/0 though admittedly that gets me killed a little more. It's also really good in PvE. But with the purging flames buff, I can try 0/30/10/10/20 which is good everywhere too.

Anyhow, some of the more notable traits
25 Radiance (Signet Mastery, Blind Exposure) These three minor traits are excellent as they work together and honestly if this tree had no other traits it'd be pretty awesome anyways. The result is that justice is blind causes blind when f1 is activated, and renewed justice refreshes it when you kill something. So in any big fight, you can just mash f1 for a constant boost in damage. Blind exposure causes vulnerability on blind and you can see this just adds up like crazy.

A funny thing I've never tried is Inner Fire. It makes you get fury if you get burned and that means if you get attacked by other guardians this is automatic fury for you.

Signet of Judgement is a very good -10% damage reduction ability for doing nothing with it. It's active effect is nice too, because it's a stun break and when traited can be used every 24 seconds. Weakness to enemies and retaliation to your allies every 24 seconds.

10 Valor (Strength in Numbers)-- It grants 150 toughness to you and everyone around you, so that's a nice damage reduction ability when paired with Signet of Judgement. Add in the 100 toughness from Valor and you get 250 toughness for the price of 10 points. Can't really find a better deal elsewhere.

10 Honor (Superior Aria)-- Mostly for the shout cooldowns. Stand Your Ground gives stability and stunbreaks, so it's vital for wvw. In WvW I put soldier runes in so shouts remove a condition, so that helps out quite a bit. The minor trait Vigorous Precision recharges your stamina on critical and since this build has a good crit rate, endurance is good for keeping you alive. For my third utility slot, I do Save Yourselves so that means I have three stunbreakers. Save Yourselves transfers everyone's conditions to you, and gives you a bunch of buffs. Yes, I know there's horror stories of Guardians killing themselves like that, but soldier runes usually make it manageable. Plus you can kill dolyaks really badly. For a more defensive shout there's Hold the Line for protection, and that's a lot of damage reduction we have here.

20 Virtues (Vengeance/Master of Consecrations/unscathed contender, Absolute Resolution)
After they buff Purging Flames, I'll take master of concentrations, but Vengeance is pretty humorous with the enhanced retaliation. Inspired Virtues gives additional effects when you activate a virtue and 15 virtues lets you gain retaliation when you set a virtue, so if you press f1 for this build you can spam might, retaliation, blind, and vulnerability and if you kill something, you can keep doing it. Given how lethal retaliation is against other players, this is very fun. The best part about the virtues tree is you get to turn your normally situational f3 skill into group protection.

MoC is also good if you want to troll people with Wall of Reflect, and yes you can reflect people's 100 blades back at them.

There's also the gimmicky Unscathed Contender which boosts your damage if you have Aegis but that goes away if you get hit so it really only works with scepter. Absolute resolution is for even more condition removal.

So that leaves 5 points. Usually I put them in radiance for right handed strength (scepter does buff damage with it). Perfect Inscriptions is great if you use Signet of Resolve for the heal. 5 more in honor for dodge heal rolls might be nice

Other ideas:
Sacrifice 10 Valor for 10 zeal (fiery wrath, 10% bonus against burning enemies. You can do yet even more damage, but I dislike the decrease in durability)
or sacrifice it for 10 more honor to get empowering might. That's a neat bit of consistent damage, though it's not needed as if you were running those nitty AH builds.
or 30 virtues and take Indomitable Courage for more frequent aegis, which means you can take unscathed contender seriously.

Instead of 20 virtues, put them in honor for Pure of Voice and Empowering Might.
That's what I usually do but that's why I'm trying to come up with something new. ;p

In WvW, I do soldier armor and soldier runes, rest is zerker since there's no way in hell am I going to grind a bunch of extra trinkets. Survivability is good, though not the best, but I feel it's overkill to go in so tanky. PvE is just zerker, because that's what the cool kids do.

As for weapons I use Scepter/Shield and staff. If for some reason you're just trying to fight random people or soling a camp or something, I would say use a greatsword or hammer and a scepter/focus. You may also ditch the staff completely for a hammer, but you'd be slow as fuck and lose might stacking so don't do this unless people are giving you swiftness. Hammer though has many cute tricks like that ever so hilarious launch skill.

Normal rotation usually goes start with staff ---> f1 --> 4 ---> stand your ground--> toss healing orb in general direction of fight, and then switch to your actual weapon. If you have some time go take a few shots with staff first so you can tag even more people and take home phat lootz.

So with this you can do a bit of damage and offer every kind of support besides fury (damn warriors) and conditions. You still don't die that easily. Much more fun than being a brick right?

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-09-15 at 19:31.
Old 2013-09-22, 11:20   Link #1179
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I finally beat Teq really sad that i had to guest on Blackgate to do it
Old 2013-09-23, 20:18   Link #1180
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Is he really tough now?