Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 10:43   Link #41
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Seems like (questionable) news to me. I never even thought she had any haters until this thread presented the possibility.
Mizuki Nana has 80 anti/hater threads on 2ch's seiyuu section (and if you know how 2ch works, each thread allows 1000 posts before a new one is formed) - so yeah they are out there. Again because Mizuki Nana's behaviour is just impeccably good it's hard for the haters to have anything to make a mountain out of so you just don't see much of it (if you don't read Japanese).
Old 2013-06-24, 16:29   Link #42
Gunsmith Cat

At 2ch anything can be posted anonymously, it might be just one person repeating itself over and over. Its unlikely of course, but the huge ammount of postings doesn't mean its a lot of people. Besides, 2ch is well known for its ammount of vile against just about anything.

I recall that there were rather cruel messages posted when her father died 4 years ago, and if people can't even show any decency in a time of sorrow....
Old 2013-06-24, 19:24   Link #43
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Now I'm kinda curious: Who are the most popular male seiyuu?
Old 2013-06-24, 20:50   Link #44
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Mizuki Nana has 80 anti/hater threads on 2ch's seiyuu section (and if you know how 2ch works, each thread allows 1000 posts before a new one is formed) - so yeah they are out there.
You have a point - the more popular somebody is, the more haters they have, proportionally. I guess she really does have a big bunch of (local) haters, relative to her huge fanbase and judging by the number of those threads (Yeah, I'm a little familiar with 2ch threads - I used to vote in 2ch's annual Anime Saimoe Tournament. ). Haven't met any non-Japanese hater yet though. Hopefully I won't.
Old 2013-06-24, 21:35   Link #45
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Mizuki Nana has 80 anti/hater threads on 2ch's seiyuu section (and if you know how 2ch works, each thread allows 1000 posts before a new one is formed) - so yeah they are out there. Again because Mizuki Nana's behaviour is just impeccably good it's hard for the haters to have anything to make a mountain out of so you just don't see much of it (if you don't read Japanese).
There's anti-threads for plenty of things in 2ch...doesn't mean anything. In fact comparing to the number of pro-threads is more telling. That place spans everything from night to day
Old 2013-06-24, 23:38   Link #46
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Miyano Mamoru might be one of them.
Old 2013-06-25, 07:40   Link #47
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith Cat View Post
At 2ch anything can be posted anonymously, it might be just one person repeating itself over and over. Its unlikely of course, but the huge ammount of postings doesn't mean its a lot of people. Besides, 2ch is well known for its ammount of vile against just about anything.
Valid points, but I'm merely pointing out haters are out there. To think there aren't any is just naive. Nothing can please everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
There's anti-threads for plenty of things in 2ch...doesn't mean anything. In fact comparing to the number of pro-threads is more telling. That place spans everything from night to day
Again, just pointing out haters exists. It's more shocking to me that people think haters for Mizuki Nana *don't* exists.

Actually if you aren't looking at 2ch, there are a couple of places where you can find some pretty hateful comments too - Youtube and Nicodouga. Look for the Animelo Summer videos where you have Mizuki Nana singing with another person, bound to have a couple of haters comments in there too.
Old 2013-06-30, 05:41   Link #48
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I'm no seiyuu expert by any means, but personally, the only place I've ever seen these lists is Sankaku Complex, and I always take anything posted there with a grain of salt. However, as stated previously on this thread, there does seem to be the idea among Japanese otaku that their if the seiyuu of a character is in a sexual relationship, or even merely dating, it somehow ruins the purity of the character...

However, I bet most of the otaku who claim this would gladly date and/or sleep with with their favorite seiyuu if given the chance. Sounds to me more like a case of "If I can't have her, no one will."
Old 2013-06-30, 20:20   Link #49
D-tecnoLife

Quote:
Valid points, but I'm merely pointing out haters are out there. To think there aren't any is just naive. Nothing can please everybody.

Again, just pointing out haters exists. It's more shocking to me that people think haters for Mizuki Nana *don't* exists.

Actually if you aren't looking at 2ch, there are a couple of places where you can find some pretty hateful comments too - Youtube and Nicodouga. Look for the Animelo Summer videos where you have Mizuki Nana singing with another person, bound to have a couple of haters comments in there too.

Good points. I absolutely love Nana Mizuki (Hime Murasaki is one of my favorite ending songs) but a few years ago, back when SEED was a thing... it shocked me people were hating on Rie Tanaka after being an awesome seiyuu for Lacus.

Nothing can please anyone.
Old 2013-07-08, 04:10   Link #50
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Hiroshi Kamiya, I guess.
Old 2013-07-10, 11:35   Link #51
SummeryDreams

Those blogs might just be not true.. Not all of stuffs in the internet are true especially that the internet doesn't limit the type of person who could use it.. Internet can never filter liar users..
Old 2013-07-13, 04:12   Link #52
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

She is one of the most popular voice actors in the business.
Naturally, she is one of the most hated.

Duh.

Law of base numbers.
Old 2013-07-14, 18:00   Link #53
GundamZZ
残念美人

Is it AKB48 thread? The only relevance that I could come up....was one retired singer said she was going to become a voice actress.

Many voice actresses are aspired singers, but only few make the moderate success in the niche market. The veteran voice actors/actresses either retired or became the supporting casts.

I remember Nana Mizuki break a record. Anime music is the underdog in JPN music industry. They hardly make it on the J-Pop chart. The sale of Nan Mizuki's record made to the number one spot once.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-07-15, 21:56   Link #54
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Okay, the off-topic AKB48 discussion has been moved to the AKB48 thread in the music sub-forum. Keep that discussion there.

Thank you.
Old 2013-07-16, 19:29   Link #55
Siegel Clyne

Envy: The Green-Eyed Monster

I can't read other people's minds, but some people may resent Mizuki Nana's success as a singer in Japan.

They are always people who envy and resent other people being more successful than they are, making more money than they do, etc.

Some may resent that their own favorite seiyuu doesn't/don't sell as much Mizuki Nana does in Japan, and bash her because of this resentment. Unless they say so, I don't know for sure. (I can't read minds).

Down the years, I have only written good, positive things about Mizuki Nana on various forums (e.g., several years ago I wrote that she had the most singing talent of any seiyuu of her generation, or something to that effect).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-16 at 23:32. Reason: removed off-topic and passive-aggressive barb
Old 2013-07-17, 08:07   Link #56
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Even as a huge supporter of Mizuki Nana I do not believe that only writing about good things about her is a right way to go about things - in fact I was one of the few people (if not only person) who criticised her for her lack of historic sensitivity when she don a costume that resembles Nazi uniform just a bit too much for comfort way back when I still had time to maintain a website.

If you only write and accept the positive news about your idol then you are a fanboy and not a fan - that's my personal philosophy which I work with.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:59   Link #57
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Even as a huge supporter of Mizuki Nana I do not believe that only writing about good things about her is a right way to go about things - in fact I was one of the few people (if not only person) who criticised her for her lack of historic sensitivity when she don a costume that resembles Nazi uniform just a bit too much for comfort way back when I still had time to maintain a website.

If you only write and accept the positive news about your idol then you are a fanboy and not a fan - that's my personal philosophy which I work with.
Well, I'm not a fanboy since I rarely post about her.

Since I rarely post about her, I only have written good things about her.

If I wrote a lot more about her like you do, I definitely would have written something negative about her.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:58   Link #58
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Well, I'm not a fanboy since I rarely post about her.

Since I rarely post about her, I only have written good things about her.

If I wrote a lot more about her like you do, I definitely would have written something negative about her.
The conversation sounds more like the conversation between koroshiya and dekatyou, aka "You guys should get married" reference. You should just give up talking about personal dogma already.

I remember she started with some minor anime roles. I only remember her role for Nanami(Windows 7 gal) and Eva(Zentsuen). She became famous with her singing career. In concert, her audience are their own dancing groups. I think it is the inspiration of the dance jokes in Ore Imouto and Gintama.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-07-18, 01:01   Link #59
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The conversation sounds more like the conversation between koroshiya and dekatyou, aka "You guys should get married" reference. You should just give up talking about personal dogma already.
Tell that to the other guy. I'm not the one trying to force dogma on someone else.
I merely stated what I believe in, as I made it perfectly clear - it's my personal rule, and I'm not asking for approval nor am I trying to get anyone else to live by that same rule, but Siegel just seems hell bent on twisting my words and taking personal offence about it and I'm still scratching my head wondering why.

Quote:
In concert, her audience are their own dancing groups. I think it is the inspiration of the dance jokes in Ore Imouto and Gintama.
Ota-ge (those weird dance things) goes back way further than Mizuki Nana, its origin would probably be traced back to supporters and followers of mainstream idol groups such as Morning Musume. Also the scenes in Oreimo like the Meruru concert is most definitely based on Tamura Yukari instead (Meruru/Kanako's seiyuu), right down to the pink jacket and glow sticks. Plus it's kinda obvious that Meruru is a parody of Nanoha anyway, so might as well parody the seiyuu too, right?
Closed Thread