AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 01:52   Link #41
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Ok, I succumbed within hours of hearing that a Raw is out T_T
So here I am with a total of 5 views with a grand total understanding of about 10% of what is being said!
Even though the Mikuru harassment is metaphorically on the same level as kicking a puppy, I'm pasted to the floor with laughter. Guess that makes me a bad person =/, sorry to all you Mikuru fans out there

Ah and one final note since I can't really say anything about the episode until I understand it...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-17, 02:01   Link #42
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Spoiler:
The computer club president and the guy with glasses probably got an eyefull
パンツ...見ただろう...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-17, 02:41   Link #43
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
hmmm, I consider the "breast check" gags only effective if used sparingly (I got really tired of it in AYA and Karin.... it just got lame) --- hopefully this won't be a grope Mikuru every episode kind of series. There are plenty of other ways to make her "squeek-hic-eek" ... actually just looking at her with intent seems to do it.
No, this won't be a grope Mikuru every episode kind of series. I can tell you that. As unfortunate as that may be for some of you.

She does get abused quite a bit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
The computer club president and the guy with glasses probably got an eyefull
パンツ...見ただろう...
Considering what happens to him again later, I say he deserves an eye-candy or two right now. ^^;
Old 2006-04-17, 04:33   Link #44
Pakxenon
popcorn

9/10. Animation is still superb, but the pacing was a little boring, even in the funny moments.

Somebody said that was a dropkick. Is it called a dropkick?, because that kick is freaking awesome.

Poor Mikuru. More abuse is needed >
Old 2006-04-17, 04:40   Link #45
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Join the Mikuru Liberation Army! Down with the oppressing Haruhi!
Old 2006-04-17, 05:51   Link #46
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Great... warring fanclubs is the last thing we need ( -_-) </kyon style face palm>

By the way, is the Hyperion series just a random reference, or is there some deeper meaning/symbolism to it? A simple yes or no answer would be appreciated from people who've read the novels. Near the end the thought of
Spoiler for speculation based on episode 3 end part:
came across my mind. In Hyperion, there were 7 pilgrims (each with a unique personal history) on a voyage to visit the Shrike, a sort of mechanical god of pain. Perhaps the members of the SOS-dan each possess a unique history and are on a voyage to get pain inflicted upon them by some ultimate creator? XD;
Old 2006-04-17, 06:47   Link #47
orz

poor mikuru..
Old 2006-04-17, 07:04   Link #48
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

I who didn't read novels wittingly am a victory side -zona!

omake.
In ep 3, nagato read "The Code Book" Simon Singh.
Old 2006-04-17, 07:38   Link #49
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
By the way, is the Hyperion series just a random reference, or is there some deeper meaning/symbolism to it? A simple yes or no answer would be appreciated from people who've read the novels. Near the end the thought of
came across my mind. In Hyperion, there were 7 pilgrims (each with a unique personal history) on a voyage to visit the Shrike, a sort of mechanical god of pain. Perhaps the members of the SOS-dan each possess a unique history and are on a voyage to get pain inflicted upon them by some ultimate creator? XD;

I've been wondering about that too. but from what i gathered (read all the spoilers! too lazy to read the whole thing -_-)

The plot is nothing like Haruhi. But the characters are quite similiar in what they are.

I think its something to dig at, a subtle hint i think. we can all thank yuki for it, of course if you can't be bothered to read the book to find the hints, drop by the wiki page!

prepare to dig your eyes out as spoilers come forth and consume yoooooou!
Old 2006-04-17, 08:36   Link #50
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Great... warring fanclubs is the last thing we need ( -_-) </kyon style face palm>

In the movie in epiosode "0" it is apparent that all three of the characters had some sort of powers because each had a sceen that did not match the cheesy special effects. And then there was a talking cat too. I am wondering if Kyon and Haruhi might not be a Yin and Yang thing, representing the opposite sides of the same ability.
Old 2006-04-17, 08:54   Link #51
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I am wondering if Kyon and Haruhi might not be a Yin and Yang thing, representing the opposite sides of the same ability.

hey...thats...a thought...

perhaps the reason Kyon doesn't display any powers id because...that is his power?
To make things "normal" again, thus by his standard everything is normal.

Haruhi is Chao, Kyon is Order!

mmmmm.....sounds similiar to alot of mortal relationship i've known.
Old 2006-04-17, 10:41   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Oh no you,

Knights of SOS come forth and defend your Goddess
Old 2006-04-17, 10:58   Link #53
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyon and Yuki got out of this ep relatively intact. Strangely enough, I can understand how Kyon feels when he picks up Haruhi and Mikuru's items from the ground. (Should be renamed melancholy of Kyon... the guy's face tells it all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Oh no you,

Knights of SOS come forth and defend your Goddess
Luckily, there are still some of us that rather stay out of it for the sake of our own sanity. Those of us that wish for universal health care, fixed gasoline prices, tax returns and the scent of paycheques will sit by the fense as chaos reign supreme.

Although I don't really think kyon's order /Kosmos.
Old 2006-04-17, 12:26   Link #54
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Luckily, there are still some of us that rather stay out of it for the sake of our own sanity. Those of us that wish for universal health care, fixed gasoline prices, tax returns and the scent of paycheques will sit by the fense as chaos reign supreme.

Although I don't really think kyon's order /Kosmos.
Ditto *sitting on a fence with panzerfan and hands a bag of popcorn*

It is fun to watch those that are on the other shore's struggles.

Difficult to watch the series though since no one is bothering translating it and reading off OMNI's blog doesn't cut it too well either.
Old 2006-04-17, 13:28   Link #55
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Ditto *sitting on a fence with panzerfan and hands a bag of popcorn*

It is fun to watch those that are on the other shore's struggles.

Difficult to watch the series though since no one is bothering translating it and reading off OMNI's blog doesn't cut it too well either.
a.f.k is fansubbibng it, although it will probably be a few more days before they get episode three.
Old 2006-04-17, 14:31   Link #56
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Ahh life is good if you can watch raws. It forces you to listen which is nice. (sadly though my reading comprehension <<< listening comprehension)

(stand up to get soft drinks)
Old 2006-04-17, 17:20   Link #57
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Ahh life is good if you can watch raws. It forces you to listen which is nice. (sadly though my reading comprehension <<< listening comprehension)

(stand up to get soft drinks)
I know what you mean, I remember when i first started to watch Anime & I used to have to listen carefully to the dialogue and the scenes to figure out what was going on.

Now these days im so lazy, all i have to do is read the subs.

(stand up to get a beer)
Old 2006-04-17, 18:46   Link #58
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

I almost gave this episode 10/10 but since I don't like the excessive glowing effect in Yuki's apartment and the contrast in that scene is abit too high, (the rest is still superb), originally I want to give this 9.5/10 but since it's impossible I rounded it down to 9/10
Old 2006-04-17, 19:08   Link #59
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
a.f.k is fansubbibng it, although it will probably be a few more days before they get episode three.
Actually I didn't realize the series was "M" on animesuki.
Old 2006-04-17, 19:32   Link #60
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
I almost gave this episode 10/10 but since I don't like the excessive glowing effect in Yuki's apartment and the contrast in that scene is abit too high, (the rest is still superb), originally I want to give this 9.5/10 but since it's impossible I rounded it down to 9/10
curse your imperfection nick picks!

Anyway, I give this a....10! yay!