AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 19:12   Link #381
wao
OK.

But I personally prefer Ennis's design to Chane's!... Or maybe that's just because she looks so good with Firo.

I'd like Chane more if I knew more about her in the anime. I think Haydee's design was nicer though <_<

To the guy who stopped watching because of Jacuzzi, well I guess it's only in the last few episodes of the anime that it really makes sense why he is like that but I personally think it's very worth watching to the end. Nobody is a completely useless character (unless maybe Lua counts)
Old 2008-01-23, 19:39   Link #382
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
My bigger problem with Jacuzzi (that's the crybaby you mentioned) is that he's in a relationship with the irresistable Nice Holystone. Glasses and an eyepatch? How hot is that? Yes, I know that Jacuzzi has another side to his character, but still you'd think Nice could do better than him for a lover. Could I actually be jealous of an animated character? Ye gods, my mind is turning to mush from watching all this anime stuff!

Most of the ladies in this show are quite appealing. The biggest exception is Lua Klein, whose personality escapes me. After a couple of months of listening to her voice I could probably get used to Miria, too, but I'd much prefer spending that time with Nice, Chane, or Ellis.

Well as someone on the female side of things I would totally fall for a guy like Jacuzzi. It's the whole fighting even though he is afraid thing. It's very appealing. So I can totally understand what Nice sees in him. Besides girls like guys with vulnerable sides.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 23:56   Link #383
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice and Jacuzzi have been together for 10 years or something like that IIRC.... I think they stated that in the show.. that scene in ep 12 was their first kiss lol.

Ennis > Chane
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 00:11   Link #384
Pistbag

Is Chane mute or she just refuses to talk?
Pistbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 00:31   Link #385
Westlo
Lets be reality

Andrew C said she was mute in the novels on the AoD thread.
Old 2008-01-24, 01:48   Link #386
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Chane remains the best in my eyes. Talk about love at first sight. She only met Claire for like 10 minutes.
With someone as outrageous as Claire, i m not surprised
I think Chane's mute, whether by birth or some magick i have no idea (any novel reader knows?)

I m quite undecided when it comes to Chane vs Ennis, Ennis sports a classy business suit while Chane's black dress is just lovely with her hair and her goth? look. Though Chane have an upper hand since we get to see her in action more than Ennis. Deflecting bullets with knife is always sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijisensei
Like Balalaika, perhaps?
She's my first love when it comes to women with scar.
Old 2008-01-26, 00:37   Link #387
TigerII
Pilot in Training

When did it say they were married?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 13:13   Link #388
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Whoa! Lots of talk about the number one woman in Baccano! xD

As for me, many of them are so terrific that it's so hard to pick which I like best x_x

The only ones I'm sure I don't like much is the girl Maria and her mother ^^;

How could Baccano women be so awesome xD (and with the men, the list is even LONGER xD hehe)
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 23:42   Link #389
kauldron26
Med Student

My God... the soundtrack for Baccano is incredible... i was listening to it during my ride to work and it was amazing. Jazz is the greatest genre ever.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 04:03   Link #390
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Baccano sountrack is indeed incredible I already anticipated for it ever since I heard the awesome jazz music at the trailer xD Hehe. And when I was finally able to hear the soundtrack, it didn't disappoint Awesome indeed xD

Baccano is one of the rare anime that doesn't disappoint me form my expectations in terms of awesomeness xD Hehe
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 08:26   Link #391
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
My God... the soundtrack for Baccano is incredible... i was listening to it during my ride to work and it was amazing. Jazz is the greatest genre ever.
MUST BUY!

Jazz is a pretty broad genre but for those interested, the ones in Baccano! are Swing Jazz i think. Recommend listening to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Royal Crown Revue and Cherry Poppin Daddies if you like this sub genre

I m not familiar with Makoto Yoshimori's work with Koi Kaze but Gakuen Alice had pretty good music as well but Baccano! put her name on my little list of composers to watch for.
Old 2008-01-27, 08:50   Link #392
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

People who liked the score for Baccano! should listen to the scores for Oh! Edo Rocket and Bartender as well. Oh! Edo Rocket has a lot of pieces with that 30's-40's big-band sound and dips into both 60's+ progressive styles and Latin/mariachi styles as well. Bartender is a collection of jazz pieces for piano, sometimes with instrumental backup, by the talented Ootake Kaoruko. She also contributed the second ED for Rocket. Bartender is one of my favorite OSTs to listen to while driving. Ootake's stride piano stylings just seem to fit with the open road.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 21:24   Link #393
Mister Groonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
right?!

but where would i purchase said soundtrack when it becomes available?

i lost my one link for buying anime CDs.
Mister Groonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 23:41   Link #394
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I use IMPORTCDS, an Amazon affiliate:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...1581571&sr=8-1
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 00:10   Link #395
kauldron26
Med Student

if you really love JAZZ, u have to love the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. which in my opinion is the best soundtrack ever on any medium.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 07:18   Link #396
wao
OK.

Quote:
People who liked the score for Baccano! should listen to the scores for Oh! Edo Rocket and Bartender as well. Oh! Edo Rocket has a lot of pieces with that 30's-40's big-band sound and dips into both 60's+ progressive styles and Latin/mariachi styles as well. Bartender is a collection of jazz pieces for piano, sometimes with instrumental backup, by the talented Ootake Kaoruko. She also contributed the second ED for Rocket. Bartender is one of my favorite OSTs to listen to while driving. Ootake's stride piano stylings just seem to fit with the open road.
One of the better things about OED is the soundtrack, but Bartender's OST by the person who sang the fabulous second ED to OED? I'm sold.

I found the Baccano! music good and suitable, but not extremely outstanding - perhaps I was concentrating too much on the characters/plot... Although that OP is probably a bit of a classic in my head - as a whole set, not the song on its own. It just made me so geared up to continue watching.
Old 2008-01-29, 07:29   Link #397
Chrono Helix

Is there a name for that 'technique' when your attention is focused on an object in the screen, then there's a camera shift or something, then the camera's focused on a similar object? Like Ladd's dart turning into Chane's knife in the OP.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:00   Link #398
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I found the Baccano! music good and suitable, but not extremely outstanding - perhaps I was concentrating too much on the characters/plot... Although that OP is probably a bit of a classic in my head - as a whole set, not the song on its own. It just made me so geared up to continue watching.
After watching it a few times through, the music is really good imo. Just that it's not that apparent compare to the ones in Cowboy Bebop, i appreciate it a lot more after listening to it. The OST is well worth the money especially when you get into those moods for a little jazz or swing
Old 2008-01-30, 02:12   Link #399
Westlo
Lets be reality

The Baccano! op is just outstanding, but I felt the score was only good and I mostly liked the non jazz tracks the best. Though I'm not really a fan of Jazz in the first place, I prefer quite a few scores by Kanno over CB.. like Macorss+, Escaflowne & Brain Powered.
Old 2008-01-30, 19:39   Link #400
Mister Groonk

Quote:
I use IMPORTCDS, an Amazon affiliate:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...1581571&sr=8-1
thanks! will keep an eye on that. good lord, the price!

and the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is beyond all systems of measure.

nothing but WIN.
Mister Groonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural