AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-27, 19:00   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
If my memory is correct, I read somewhere that the director said hei certainly has a remuneration. As I cannot find the source now (also I am not very confident about my memory ) I would not be insistent on this, but I will keep this open. Anyway, we can say safely that "eating a lot" is very unlikely to be Hei's remuneration. BTW, judging from the pace of S2, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce DTB S3 soon.
maybe it's slapping girls away...he does that a lot :X

edit:
how do i add a gif onto here? it goes with what i was saying in this post...
Old 2009-11-27, 19:03   Link #42
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If my memory is correct, I read somewhere that the director said hei certainly has a remuneration. As I cannot find the source now (also I am not very confident about my memory ) I would not be insistent on this, but I will keep this open. Anyway, we can say safely that "eating a lot" is very unlikely to be Hei's remuneration.
And it will probably be left open for the rest of the series as I don't really see the point of having them revealing his remuneration this late in the series if he has one. Leaving the fans in suspense is probably for the best though.

Same saying can be said for his birth name, as it's never been revealed yet.

Quote:
BTW, judging from the pace of S2, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce DTB S3 soon.
If Ikkitousen and Nodame Cantabile can have one, then I don't see why Darker Than Black cannot.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:01   Link #43
Freeter
beyond

Hei's appetite stole the show. The guy must have a black hole for a stomach

Suou must've forgot her training to get captured so easily. And why didn't she immediately recognize the cockroaches as Tanya's doing when they first appeared? What happened to that bug paranoia she had a few eps back?

Meanwhile July is cool as a ninja with all this chaos around him

Misaki looks better with her hair down. Heck, she looks better in anything but that boring 'librarian' look that she sports 99% of the time.

The baka sleuths return next week, can't wait. Should've spent more time on them instead of stupid what's-his-face (forgot his name already ).
Old 2009-11-27, 20:02   Link #44
TurquoiseThyme

I loved that Hei was eating 'normally' again this episode. That was the high point to the episode for me.

I thought the episode overall didn't have much happen. The summer/swimming theme just seemed contrived to me.

My take on why Shion shot in Suou's place was not to save Suou, but rather to create a barrier of misunderstanding between Suou and Hei, and thus seperate them. After all I don't think that Tanya's orders were to kill Suou. This idea has one problem, it appears from the preview that Hei meets back up with her next episode.

As for Shion knowing where Suou was, I thought he was tracking her from last episode?
Old 2009-11-27, 20:22   Link #45
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
If my memory is correct, I read somewhere that the director said hei certainly has a remuneration. As I cannot find the source now (also I am not very confident about my memory ) I would not be insistent on this, but I will keep this open. Anyway, we can say safely that "eating a lot" is very unlikely to be Hei's remuneration. BTW, considering the pace of S2, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce DTB S3 soon.

I am not against the pace of Hei's recovery. But what makes me wonder is the consistency of Hei's character. Before S1, Hei had gone through similar (or more serious) suffering: he lost his sister, was betrayed by his lover, and his comrades were all gone. Despite of those painful events, he looked rather OK in his early 20s (S1). Now he is supposed to be more experienced and mature (S2), but the very same person becomes a hobo this time? Unless proper explanations were given, it does not look very consistent for me.
In the S1 when he lost his sister, he had someone to blame, Amber. He was adamant in punishing her and finding out what truly happened. The depression from the loss of his sister is transformed into an anger for Amber and hope to find the truth (which would lead to his sister).

Given that we're not sure exactly what happened before S2 since the OADs aren't out yet, it is safe to assume that's largely about the lost of Yin. Although Yin is largely implied as Hei's lover, we can certainly see some parallel between her and Xing/Pai. If Yin disappears from Hei's life, it's as if he loses the same person twice. When a person is faced with the same mistake twice, they start to relate the source of the problems to themselves. It's not longer Amber's fault, maybe it's my own fault? Maybe I'm the one that's causing all of them to suffer. That's a typical train of thought when someone get's depressed. It's possible that that's what led Hei down the path of hobo.

But of course, in truth, we're not sure yet. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope they'll explain it properly. I don't think so though :P, given the time we have left I'm looking at a super rushed ending.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:28   Link #46
ApathyEcstasy

July is the best. I want to marry him.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:37   Link #47
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Wonder what Misaki found out at the end there.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-11-27, 21:30   Link #48
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
He looks like Tomoya from Clannad in that outfit, electrician in disguise?
lol, had the exact same thought when I saw him I really like Hobo Hei's look but I guess it can't be helped since he's going undercover (not the ponytail! anything but that)

Episode was ok, but It's been all meh for me ever since they've left Russia. I just don't feel it you know, unlike the early episodes when I was jumping like a fan boy every time I watched the show.

This is the only episode where BGM bothered me. Almost everything they played didn't really fit in with the scenes.
Old 2009-11-27, 21:37   Link #49
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
lol, had the exact same thought when I saw him I really like Hobo Hei's look but I guess it can't be helped since he's going undercover (not the ponytail! anything but that)

Episode was ok, but It's been all meh for me ever since they've left Russia. I just don't feel it you know, unlike the early episodes when I was jumping like a fan boy every time I watched the show.

This is the only episode where BGM bothered me. Almost everything they played didn't really fit in with the scenes.
You know... i think that my fears had a reason... i think that Suou its not as cool as she needs to be to be the focus of this new season.

She is a good character, but for some reason i cant feel sorry or joy for her.... its so different from Hei... i dont know....
Old 2009-11-27, 22:04   Link #50
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
You know... i think that my fears had a reason... i think that Suou its not as cool as she needs to be to be the focus of this new season.

She is a good character, but for some reason i cant feel sorry or joy for her.... its so different from Hei... i dont know....
I think the major problem this season is the limited character interactions and the lack of time we get to spend with them seeing as they seem to be coming in and out of a revolving door compared to the last.

I mean in season 1 we were spoiled with getting to know almost all the the secondary characters motives and lines of thinking even if we knew they were fodder (the 2 Russian agents, even the body snatcher had some back story and feeling behind his appearance by the end).

This season though were lucky if the new characters last half an episode, so not growing attached to them as we did in the previous season isn't so surprising, because we're missing out on the great characterization the first season had.
Old 2009-11-27, 22:12   Link #51
orangejuicetang

I will say that I was slightly surprised that Shion was the one who killed Tanya. Given the fact that they had been discussing how Yin apparently has the power to make contractors kill themselves/hijack their powers and kill them, and Suou running to a pool filled with water only a few minutes afterward, gave me that impression. But anyway, shouldn't Shion be in Tokyo? Or are they in Tokyo already?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-28, 00:28   Link #52
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

HOLY BALLZ:

Old 2009-11-28, 01:01   Link #53
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It would have been perfectly fine for Hei to have killed her off; how would it have been inconsistent? Hei tried to kill her before, but couldn't because he lost his powers, then the only reason he didn't kill her after that was because she was lying unconscious and Suou was crying. Here, he would have been killing her in defense of Suou, and I don't see him having a problem with defending someone.
"
Hei's behavior is inconsistent because he showed no qualms about killing an unconscious August back in episode 2. The reason he was not the the one to kill her was simply because he needs to be vindicated in Suou's eyes for most of his actions.
Old 2009-11-28, 01:24   Link #54
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Point of this episode: Hei is tsundere for Suou

Lawlz, well she needs some more action, as I think she is very cool when fighting, possibly cooler than Hei, we know shes more capable than the limited role she plays in combat.

But as for Hei, I found it really cool when he took that "Holier than thou" attitude, He was good at doing that in s1 too.

If Suou makes it through the season(which I really really hope) I expect a more enhanced combat role alongside Hei if there is a s3
Old 2009-11-28, 01:48   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Shouldn't Tanya's body go down to the bottom?
Don't dead people float up?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-28, 03:03   Link #56
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Afterthoughts

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-28, 03:24   Link #57
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

A couple of things

-Suou said "Hei" for the first time. I think, I "think", she would only refer him as that guy before.

-Two people accused Hei for being a lolicon. I think in a way he is finding/caring for girls similar to his sister.

-Genma, the Shotacon, might have an interesting encounter with July. Now this makes it the kissing with Hazuki all that more hilarious.

-I think Hei was trying to be understanding of the Suou/Tanya situation but he just wasn't very good at it. I think what Hei wanted was for Suou not to kill but when it comes down do it he does want her to protect herself ; like Tanya's boss said he is attached to her in a degree otherwise he'd ditch them the moment Oreille was no longer their employer.

-Suou seems to care for July like a brother.

-Shion also uses that ATR, but how? Suou has it because she saw the rifle before but not Shion. In a way it makes sense for them to have the same ability since they are twins but that makes him worth a lot less.

-Can't wait for Suou to confront her family (and meet her mother).
Old 2009-11-28, 03:35   Link #58
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
A couple of things

-Shion also uses that ATR, but how? Suou has it because she saw the rifle before but not Shion. In a way it makes sense for them to have the same ability since they are twins but that makes him worth a lot less.
The big question is: Will Shion also have his own Henshin scene(s)?
Old 2009-11-28, 03:38   Link #59
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
The big question is: Will Shion also have his own Henshin scene(s)?
LOL

I actually like Suou's henshin scene since well I am um..well..yea

On a similar train of thought, that might make all the shotacon very happy
Old 2009-11-28, 03:48   Link #60
Divaa

Not very excited about the next episode but I was very happy to see all the food Hei was eating up.
And what is this about 'the doll that sends contractors to heaven' As this plot thickens I'm fearing it'll all rush, music was great though.
Closed Thread