AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 06:36   Link #161
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
It is not strange that anime fans like tuner cars, but I am shocked (and happy) that many of you like Mustangs and muscle cars.

Yes, I like cars and I very interested in them especially American cars. I am a Ford fan although I don't have one and I don't even have a nice car. What puzzles me is: most of cars fans don't even have a nice car and can't even afford one XD.
Given the money, I'd have an Evo (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution). I will go Tuner over Muscle and Exotic. I'm not having some Koeniggsegg(niggseggseggggkonigg or however it's written on the board) or a Ford Mustang, I would much prefer a Japanese Tuner (I saw it, a Skyline estate, the Nissan Stagea. I want one of those too).

And yes, , I can't afford it, not at the moment (I'm 16, I have trouble saving money for credit for gods sake)
Old 2010-01-26, 07:04   Link #162
Armored Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Given the money, I'd have an Evo (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution). I will go Tuner over Muscle and Exotic. I'm not having some Koeniggsegg(niggseggseggggkonigg or however it's written on the board) or a Ford Mustang, I would much prefer a Japanese Tuner (I saw it, a Skyline estate, the Nissan Stagea. I want one of those too).

And yes, , I can't afford it, not at the moment (I'm 16, I have trouble saving money for credit for gods sake)

By the way, it is pronounced like this: coin-egg-zig . I know that it is a Swedish name but they could have chosen an easier name for the company.

I like Evo, Sti and Nissan Z but I would go for a Focus RS if I had the money to buy one of those. I think I just love Ford too much

Anyway, my goal is to buy a GT500 after a few years. It is my favourite car after all.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:05   Link #163
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I saw a sweet blue R32 today on the road and thought about your post. Don't see many of them out and about unfortunately as I think they are a good looking car.

If I ever had one, I'd have to have at least 350whp though. Anything less and I'd get bored.

Stage 3 kits for GTI's come close to that, I think just about all are atleast in the 320 whp range and similar amount of wtq. To put this in proper perspective. Check out this vid.. Thats some stage 3 equipped GTI's and and Stage 3 Audi A3 going up against a stock Audi R8.

R32 is a nice car and drives great, however, you will pay a VERY pretty penny to get that thing properly turbo'd. Like 18-20k USD range.

The better option would be to wait for the likely arrival of the Golf R20, which is the replacement for the R32. It comes stock with the same 265hp 2.0 turbo setup that the Audi TTS has. A simple $600 software upgrade takes that engine to 322hp and a full Stage 3 kit would be into the 400hp range.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:42   Link #164
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:

I see you are a top gear fan and a JDM car fan too. I love the Stagea. I was surprised to find a RB26DETTed estate car in GT4 millions of years back, and it is still a hell of a looker today. I would love to have, or even try to have a ride in, a Autozam AZ-1 in Red colour. That car is so cute. For modern day car I would take any Japanese performance car or BMW.

For fun, I would like to have a Toyota Crown Comfort with the supercharger kit. This is the JDM taxi car, also used locally, so I know they are fast, with the right taxi driver of course. Or maybe a Mitsubishi Canter Evolution. (really, go search Mitsubishi Canter Evolution on yahoo or google. You won't believe how good it looks......)
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:55   Link #165
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
For fun, I would like to have a Toyota Crown Comfort with the supercharger kit. This is the JDM taxi car, also used locally, so I know they are fast, with the right taxi driver of course. Or maybe a Mitsubishi Canter Evolution. (really, go search Mitsubishi Canter Evolution on yahoo or google. You won't believe how good it looks......)
Isn't the Mitsubishi Canter Evolution a rather large truck by the Mitsubishi Fuso company? On the car side, I haven't driven one in ages... In Japan, everyone drives on the wrong (to we Americans anyway) side of the road! If I get a JP driving license this year, though, I rather fancy the Nissan GTR for a weekend joyride.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:01   Link #166
Armored Knight

The Evo always looks good. Although some people say that IX looks better than X, I think both of them are just beautiful and I don't prefer this over that.

The white & fire red Evo VIII is one of the best looking rally cars ever in my opinion.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:42   Link #167
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Friend of mine has an Evo VIII with a 2.3liter stroker kit. I believe it made over 400whp on the stock turbo and low boost. It was a hoot to drive.

If I needed a 4door family car it would be 2nd behind the Cadillac CTS-V on my list.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:54   Link #168
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Isn't the Mitsubishi Canter Evolution a rather large truck by the Mitsubishi Fuso company? On the car side, I haven't driven one in ages... In Japan, everyone drives on the wrong (to we Americans anyway) side of the road! If I get a JP driving license this year, though, I rather fancy the Nissan GTR for a weekend joyride.
yes. http://www.30.com.hk/fuso_html/press_fuso.php?id=8

The red one. Should be around same size as your F350 heavy duts trucks..........

In Japan, these trucks can become heavily modified to give a grand Touhou (not the anime) feel. Or maybe the Toyota Hiace, also popular by modders.

I would like to have a Evo X, in Mitsubishi Zero decals. Or maybe a Colt Ralliart with custom 4WD. I love Mitsubishi
Old 2010-01-26, 15:24   Link #169
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I saw both an RX-7 and an Evo X at work today.
I had to resist going over and drooling all over them.

The RX-7 is the only Mazda I like, but I am in love with Mitsubishi vehicles.
I also like Citroën, but we won't go there.

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX, myself.
I don't do automagic. 5-speed all the way.
Old 2010-01-26, 15:44   Link #170
Armored Knight

Quote:
The RX-7 is the only Mazda I like
Don't you like the new Mazda 6 or the RX-8? Their designs? The new Mazda 6 is not really my type of car, but I really like its design. The RX-7 is awesome and simply the best.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:07   Link #171
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Don't you like the new Mazda 6 or the RX-8? Their designs? The new Mazda 6 is not really my type of car, but I really like its design. The RX-7 is awesome and simply the best.
The 6 looks like every other sedan, imo.

I have never liked the RX-8. It looks like an attempt at a 'manly'
MX-5 (Miata) or like it was inspired off the Honda S2000.

I'm more into that evil 'I will run you over if you don't get out of
my way' style in a car. Like the Caddy CTS-V, Honda FCX, Lancer
Evo VIII - X, Peugeot SR1, Citroën C4 Coupe, C5 Saloon, and C6.
Old 2010-01-26, 17:35   Link #172
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
I also like Citroën, but we won't go there.
Oh I think you will now. Citroën make some interesting cars, but with the C6 at a massive AU$100,000 and no manual gearbox, I would look elsewhere. We own a Peugeot 308 HDi 2.0DT (Diesel Turbo) in addition to the Kluger.

Quote:
I see you are a top gear fan
how'd you figure that?
Quote:
and a JDM car fan too. I love the Stagea. I was surprised to find a RB26DETTed estate car in GT4 millions of years back, and it is still a hell of a looker today. I would love to have, or even try to have a ride in, a Autozam AZ-1 in Red colour. That car is so cute. For modern day car I would take any Japanese performance car or BMW.

I'd buy a Stagea, there's an advertised importer that has it priced at AU$43,000 which is a lot for a car. Despite the fact I'm pledged alligence to not driving like a yobbo, I do have an interest in that Hoodie generation with modifying cars with speakers, paints, vinyls, body kits, exhaust, neon...etc...and would love to buy a car and just decorate it in Aftermarket parts. The Nissan Stagea will help me achieve just that

Crown Comfort? Don't they only sell those to taxi drivers? Nonetheless, I still want one. Having visited Hong Kong, who wouldn't want a car with an automatic back door?
Old 2010-01-26, 20:10   Link #173
Badkarma 1

Quote:

By the way, it is pronounced like this: coin-egg-zig . I know that it is a Swedish name but they could have chosen an easier name for the company.

I like Evo, Sti and Nissan Z but I would go for a Focus RS if I had the money to buy one of those. I think I just love Ford too much

Anyway, my goal is to buy a GT500 after a few years. It is my favourite car after all.
When you get your GT 500 I think you'll be very pleased! I got to test drive one last summer and loved it. I didn't buy it because I once drove an original with the 428 Cobra Jet engine, it was fast but it rattled like a freight train!
Badkarma 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 20:17   Link #174
Badkarma 1

Re:2011 Mustang GT

Icehawk; I just realized I could get a Dodge Challanger SRT with the 6.1Litre HEMI!! That's 425 horses from the get go! Once again Mopar raises the bar!
Badkarma 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 20:47   Link #175
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I never cared for the RX8. The Rx7 had much sexier lines.

To be honest, I really miss mine. Even though it never ran right, I'm very tempted to save up some money and buy a shell, and put a Chevy V8 in it.

justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 21:48   Link #176
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh I think you will now. Citroën make some interesting cars, but with the C6 at a massive AU$100,000 and no manual gearbox, I would look elsewhere. We own a Peugeot 308 HDi 2.0DT (Diesel Turbo) in addition to the Kluger.
Too bad neither Citroën or Peugeot are sold here in the US.
So on top of the AU$100k (US$90 220), I would have to pay
the import fee (since non-Canadian vehicles are not duty free),
which is usually 2.5% for regular autos.

90220 x 1.025 = US$92 475,50

This is not including the DOT registration, cost of shipping,
emissions, and safety check fees. So in the end, it looks like
I'm just SOL when it comes to owning some of my favourite
vehicles.
Old 2010-01-26, 22:08   Link #177
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
Too bad neither Citroën or Peugeot are sold here in the US.
So on top of the AU$100k (US$90 220), I would have to pay
the import fee (since non-Canadian vehicles are not duty free),
which is usually 2.5% for regular autos.

90220 x 1.025 = US$92 475,50

This is not including the DOT registration, cost of shipping,
emissions, and safety check fees. So in the end, it looks like
I'm just SOL when it comes to owning some of my favourite
vehicles.
So it is cheaper to buy cars that are actually sold in Canada then...

Don't Citroën have that lane-warning system? The one that vibrates your chair every time you straddle out of lane? The one that if girls were driving it they'd drive deliberately on the hard shoulder for?

I'm sorry, but how the hell does a vibrating seat make you feel good? I tried one and it was just absolutely horrible.
Old 2010-01-26, 22:34   Link #178
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:

how'd you figure that?
your signature gave you away. XD
Quote:
I'd buy a Stagea, there's an advertised importer that has it priced at AU$43,000 which is a lot for a car. Despite the fact I'm pledged alligence to not driving like a yobbo, I do have an interest in that Hoodie generation with modifying cars with speakers, paints, vinyls, body kits, exhaust, neon...etc...and would love to buy a car and just decorate it in Aftermarket parts. The Nissan Stagea will help me achieve just that

Crown Comfort? Don't they only sell those to taxi drivers? Nonetheless, I still want one. Having visited Hong Kong, who wouldn't want a car with an automatic back door?
That door is actually operated by the driver by pulling a lever. Still, usually the driver opens the door before the taxi even stops in front of you and in Japan, I heard if you open the door yourself the driver will be cross. That said, the Comfort is not a very good driver's car. The front is not exactly spacious and the top speed is not very good either. I like Australian cars even though they use American engines (I am refering to VXRs and like). At least they handle well thanks to modern suspension.

Btw, since you are in Australia, have you seen one of those Chinese made pickups? I looked them up on youtube and they seem quite good, although the safety rating has a lot of room for improvement.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:13   Link #179
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
your signature gave you away. XD
At the moment, that quote is actually my own bit of wisdom, but it does sound like a Clarkson Comparison doesn't it?

Quote:
That door is actually operated by the driver by pulling a lever. Still, usually the driver opens the door before the taxi even stops in front of you and in Japan, I heard if you open the door yourself the driver will be cross. That said, the Comfort is not a very good driver's car. The front is not exactly spacious and the top speed is not very good either. I like Australian cars even though they use American engines (I am refering to VXRs and like). At least they handle well thanks to modern suspension.

Btw, since you are in Australia, have you seen one of those Chinese made pickups? I looked them up on youtube and they seem quite good, although the safety rating has a lot of room for improvement.
I thought so, I remember seeing a taxi driving down the road and the back door was just opening and closing. It is a cool feature to have.

VXR? I assuming you're talking about the VXR8 that's sold as a Vauxhall? Our home brand is Holden, that's a HSV Clubsport, and the people's car of Australia is the Commodore. I've seen Chevy badges on these world-wide (watching an episode of Top Gear, I couldn't help but notice the Abu Dabhi (forgive me if it's spelt wrong) police cruisers), even in Australia.

I have heard of the Chery Pickup trucks, but haven't seen any. Most people prefer the ute, which is unique in being based off a standard roadcar chassis (and an interesting story of pro Golfer Stuart Appleby modifying his M5 into a ute).

Holden's slipped. The Barina they have is rubbish. It used to be the XC Corsa (3rd gen), which was brilliant, then they used a TK Daewoo Kalos (that Chevy Aveo) which is, without breaking the watershed, a load of bull.

In Latin America, they have a Corsa XC ute (I'm not joking, that hatchback's available as a pickup over there), called a Chevy Montana I thinks.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:18   Link #180
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I never cared for the RX8. The Rx7 had much sexier lines.

To be honest, I really miss mine. Even though it never ran right, I'm very tempted to save up some money and buy a shell, and put a Chevy V8 in it.

I wonder how RX7's chassis rigidity/durability is like compared to... let's say... BMW E36 coupe. I see lots of those cheap german irons (especially 318i) for sale waiting to be fitted with small block chevys and M3 suspension kits.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote