AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 21:36   Link #19141
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What kind of blood? The same thing Kurumu saw in the beginning of ch 39?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 22:40   Link #19142
Shadow5YA

It's still possible to have a harem with only one love interest. Tsukune and Moka could get together, but Kurumu, Mizore, and Yukari could all be fine with it in the end. and still have eyes only for him.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 01:32   Link #19143
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's still possible to have a harem with only one love interest. Tsukune and Moka could get together, but Kurumu, Mizore, and Yukari could all be fine with it in the end. and still have eyes only for him.
Thats possible, but with the way Ikeda is taking it, it's difficult to tell right now. Since it's officially going to be Moka (both) X Tsukune in the end.

But we won't know any of this until Moka (both) and Tsukune finally get together, then we will know if the girls will still have their eyes for Tsukune, after they accepted Moka's and Tsukune's relationship.
Old 2011-02-28, 01:33   Link #19144
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I got 2 words for the group should things turn out that they need to reproduce no matter what. That being "Fertility Clinic". If they can convince Tsukune and Moka to let Tsu be their "donor" for that, they'd all be set and probably happy with that... better if they all can raise the kids all together too.

I still see them all trying to stay together even after graduation as "live in" friends so they can continue to protect and support each other. Though if Gin doesn't get with Sun after he graduates then looks like Kurumu may buckle to his advances.
Old 2011-02-28, 02:55   Link #19145
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I vote for Kokoa and Haji after graduation. Haji's going to have to buckle sooner or later. XD
Old 2011-02-28, 03:25   Link #19146
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I think you're confusing who's to buckle there, Tempest.

Anyway, I think I've found some definitive explanation/usage of the monster ranking system. You know the one where a youkai is ranked based on raw power and combat ability, like our favorite S Class vampire? I've always wondered how it was divided and what boundaries are placed on the various ranks.

This seems to be a good source I found on Onemanga forums for an RPG for something called The Ancients. But since this system is used throughout many mangas, it probably varies only a small amount from how this one is represented.

Spoiler for size:
It's most prominently used in Naruto and Bleach as well. I'm still wondering where this type of ranking system originated, but I have some suspicions that it might have been used in racing, specifically those of vehicles. But I could be wrong since I've only seen one source that some of the above rankings appear in.
Old 2011-02-28, 07:44   Link #19147
Tachibana
タチバナ

Heh, i have the ranking system of Youkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, thats what i used to classify how strong Youkai are in Rosario Vampire.
Old 2011-02-28, 07:54   Link #19148
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Heh, i have the ranking system of Youkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, thats what i used to classify how strong Youkai are in Rosario Vampire.
Yeah, I would say that the ranking system used in Yu Yu Hakusho can be used pretty much everywhere, particularly because it's more flexible compared to the one posted here and that the characters in YYH seem more stable compared to other characters belonging to other classes. The difference between each class there isn't anywhere near as huge (or at least not as exaggerated) as the ranking system GrrDraxin posted except for perhaps the difference between A class and S class, although even then, the difference between the two isn't as pronounced (given that two, maybe three A classes, Kurama, Hiei and Kuwabara went up against one S class, Sensui, and lived to tell about it, and the above ranking system would've implied such a thing is absolutely impossible).
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 08:13   Link #19149
Chris38

Well regarding this rank discussion, where would you currently put Tsukune in it, since in my opinion he is somewhere around B+, A- class (using the Yu Yu Hakusho ranking system) at his point, since despite having the blood of a S class vampire he still isn't capable of using the full extent of his powers, and hasn't been properly trained to effectively use his vampire abilities as well - although Tsukune's training sessions with Moka changed that a little, but it hadn't reached a point where Tsukune would be capable of fighting the higher level opponents, which is the reason, why I don't think that Tsukune is within the S class yet... despite having the blood of a S+ class vampire in his veins...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 08:18   Link #19150
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well regarding this rank discussion, where would you currently put Tsukune in it, since in my opinion he is somewhere around A, A+ class at his point, since despite having the blood of a S class vampire he still isn't capable of using the full extent of his powers, and hasn't been properly trained to effectively use his vampire abilities as well - although Tsukune's training sessions with Moka changed that a little, but it hadn't reached a point where Tsukune would be capable of fighting the higher level opponents, which is the reason, why I don't think that Tsukune is within the S class yet...
Actually, if you can consider normal, fully grown Vampires to be around the A class, Tsukune would be Middle or Higher B class. He can fight, but he's not quite on par with Vampires like Kahlua and Moka (as she is now without the seal but without the full release of her Shinso powers) who are certainly A class youkai. Tsukune is still slightly below them but not by much at this stage.

Vampires like the Dark Lords, Akasha (as well as Moka with the full release of her powers) and Alucard are S class (Higher S class in Alucard's case). I would even say Akuha is not even S class either, but Higher A class in terms of her skills in general (her martial arts may be superior to Fuhai-sensei's but her ability in using Youkai arts are sub-par compared to his) but she's very close to becoming an S-class. Putting Tsukune in the same class as her would be overestimating him as he is now.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:25   Link #19151
Tachibana
タチバナ

With all the power Tsukune has, he can easily be classified as a low S-Class when he first succumbed to ghoulification, with all his training up to the point before training with Touhou Fuhai he became an even stronger S-Class.

By the time Tsukune reunites with Moka to battle Akua, his strength will surpass Moka's own and be put on equal terms with Akua's strength or slightly above hers.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:32   Link #19152
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
With all the power Tsukune has, he can easily be classified as a low S-Class when he first succumbed to ghoulification, with all his training up to the point before training with Touhou Fuhai he became an even stronger S-Class.

By the time Tsukune reunites with Moka to battle Akua, his strength will surpass Moka's own and be put on equal terms with Akua's strength or slightly above hers.
You seem to be assuming Akua's stronger than Moka with her full power. That's quite a mistake because if Moka has her full power, she'd be very close in power to Akasha. And I still think Tsukune being anything A class and above is an overstatement, particularly when you can't exactly compare him to normal Vampires just yet.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:50   Link #19153
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
You seem to be assuming Akua's stronger than Moka with her full power. That's quite a mistake because if Moka has her full power, she'd be very close in power to Akasha. And I still think Tsukune being anything A class and above is an overstatement, particularly when you can't exactly compare him to normal Vampires just yet.
You could be right, only part of Ura-Moka's Shinso power is released when the Rosary is removed, whenever her full Shinso power is released she would become stronger then Akua, almost nearing the level of Akasha.

But for the moment, Akua is stronger than Ura-Moka.

As for Tsukune, he does possess the power and strength of that of an S-Class apparition, the problem is he is limited to the amount of power he can use which would put his current fighting strength at, probably like you say, an A-Class level.

But by the time Tsukune encounters Akua, he will be fighting at S-Class levels, in order to do battle with her.

If Ura-Moka is classified as an S-Class, even with part of her Shinso power released, than she will become an even higher S-Class, once her full Shinso power is finally released, this also applies to Tsukune as well.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:58   Link #19154
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You could be right, only part of Ura-Moka's Shinso power is released when the Rosary is removed, whenever her full Shinso power is released she would become stronger then Akua, almost nearing the level of Akasha.

But for the moment, Akua is stronger than Ura-Moka.

As for Tsukune, he does possess the power and strength of that of an S-Class apparition, the problem is he is limited to the amount of power he can use which would put his current fighting strength at, probably like you say, an A-Class level.

But by the time Tsukune encounters Akua, he will be fighting at S-Class levels, in order to do battle with her.

If Ura-Moka is classified as an S-Class, even with part of her Shinso power released, than she will become an even higher S-Class, once her full Shinso power is finally released, this also applies to Tsukune as well.
You're right in saying that Tsukune can definitely be an S-class if he can use the full extent of his Shinso powers. The question was which class he would be in right now (imperfect use of his Shinso powers and the Holy Lock). My basis for A-class youkai here is Hokuto, with him being a middle-A class before he ended up on a wheelchair, as well as Kahlua, given that she is a normal Vampire without Shinso upgrades of any kind. Her transformation ability is also considered a normal if rare thing for Vampires, and thus cannot be compared to the power of a Shinso Vampire.

Given that both Moka and Tsukune had to fight him together to gain the upper hand over him, I would say Ura Moka as she is right now is an A-class, and as I said, would be a Higher S-class if her seal is completely removed. Tsukune is inferior to her by far, hence why I believe him to be at best a Higher B-class at the moment. Akua is also most certainly a Higher A-class (borderline S-class), and that's another reason I don't want to place Tsukune in the same class as her, given that he's far inferior to her. I'm sure both of them will be S-classes once Akua fully masters her Youkai arts the way Fuhai-sensei has and Tsukune can use the full Shinso powers he has liberally. Right now, however, I do believe there's a lot of room for them to improve in their respective areas, especially Tsukune.
Old 2011-02-28, 09:36   Link #19155
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
You're right in saying that Tsukune can definitely be an S-class if he can use the full extent of his Shinso powers. The question was which class he would be in right now (imperfect use of his Shinso powers and the Holy Lock). My basis for A-class youkai here is Hokuto, with him being a middle-A class before he ended up on a wheelchair, as well as Kahlua, given that she is a normal Vampire without Shinso upgrades of any kind. Her transformation ability is also considered a normal if rare thing for Vampires, and thus cannot be compared to the power of a Shinso Vampire.

Given that both Moka and Tsukune had to fight him together to gain the upper hand over him, I would say Ura Moka as she is right now is an A-class, and as I said, would be a Higher S-class if her seal is completely removed. Tsukune is inferior to her by far, hence why I believe him to be at best a Higher B-class at the moment. Akua is also most certainly a Higher A-class (borderline S-class), and that's another reason I don't want to place Tsukune in the same class as her, given that he's far inferior to her. I'm sure both of them will be S-classes once Akua fully masters her Youkai arts the way Fuhai-sensei has and Tsukune can use the full Shinso powers he has liberally. Right now, however, I do believe there's a lot of room for them to improve in their respective areas, especially Tsukune.
Yes, with the full usage of his Shinso powers, Tsukune would be classified as an S-Class apparition.

In reality, Ura-Moka could have defeated Hokuto on her own, she only used a single kick to take him down, the only reason she had trouble was because whe was concerned for Tsukune's safety.

I had classified Hokuto a middle A-Class like you did, with Tsukune being a low A-Class in the first season, Tsukune did pretty good against Hokuto, which means he wasn't very far behind, which is why he would be a lower A-Class. Ura-Moka, like i said even with part of her Shinso power released is easily a low S-Class, which is how she easily defeated Hokuto in the first season.

With the potential of the Shinso blood inside her, she would surpass Akua if it were fully released bringing her to an upper S-Class, this would like i said, apply to Tsukune.

Ura-Moka, in both the anime and manga, was classified as an S-Class apparition, this helped me determine Tsukune's level of power.

Akua, would be a middle S-Class while the Dark Lords power are upper S-Class and beyond, Touhou noted that Akua surpassed him in terms of hand-to-hand combat, but shes still inferior to him and the other Dark Lords, but not far behind, now going back to Tsukune, if his current power is a lower A-Class and with the training with Touhou Fuhai, since he's planning to battle Akua, than Tsukune would have to be brought up to her level of strength.

Not only that, but when his Shinso power fully releases, it will put him at an even higher level, than Akua, he will probably be using an even higher amount of his Shinso power when he finally fights Akua, but not it's full power. This is how i see their powers an ranks.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-28 at 10:02.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 09:46   Link #19156
Chris38

It depends on how effective Tohou Fuhai's ritual is going to be, I'm thinking that it will put Tsukune in the low or middle A class, meaning that Akua is probably going to be still a little bit superior then Tsukune, but since Tohou Fuhai is specifically training Tsukune so that he could fight against Akua, I think he's going to equip Tsukune with abilities, specifically designed to counter Akua's abilities, which is going to temporary put Tsukune in the A+ class, evening the odds between them...

At least that's my opinion on this, since I believe that a permanent transition from a B+ class to a higher A class, would be a little too much... but maybe it's just that I'm not too happy about character's having a sudden jump in their powers, using some kind of shortcut - which is basically what Tohou Fuhai's modification ritual might be, and not reaching that level of power on their own...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 09:57   Link #19157
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yes, with the full usage of his Shinso powers, Tsukune would be classified as an S-Class apparition.

In reality, Ura-Moka could have defeated Hokuto on her own, she only used a single kick to take him down, the only reason she had trouble was because whe was concerned for Tsukune's safety.

I had classified Hokuto a middle A-Class like you did, with Tsukune being a low A-Class in the first season, Tsukune did pretty good against Hokuto, which means he wasn't very far behind, which is why he would be a lower A-Class. Ura-Moka, like i said even with part of her Shinso power released is easily a low S-Class, which is how she easily defeated Hokuto in the first season.

With the potential of the Shinso blood inside she would surpass Akua, if it were fully released, bringing her to an upper S-Class, this would like i said, apply to Tsukune.

Akua, would be a middle S-Class while the Dark Lords power are upper S-Class and beyond, Touhou noted that Akua surpassed him in terms of hand-to-hand combat, but shes still inferior to him and the other Dark Lords, but not far behind, now going back to Tsukune, if his current power is a lower A-Class and with the training with Touhou Fuhai, since he's planning to battle Akua, than Tsukune would have to be brought up to her level of strength.

Not only that, but when his Shinso power fully releases, it will put him at an even higher level, than Akua, he will probably be using an even higher amount of his Shinso power when he finally fights Akua, but not it's full power.
I see your point about Moka and Hokuto, but nonetheless, I wouldn't place him and Tsukune in the same class because even on a wheelchair, he demonstrated a much stronger presence than Tsukune did. If Tsukune tried to fight, it would likely be evened out but there's no way that Hokuto could still be an A-class now. As for Moka, she did indeed knock down Hokuto in one blow but he still had been able to get up again, even if for a short time, and I still wouldn't be so hasty to put Moka in the S-class because as she is now, she can't be a match for anything above an ordinary, full grown Vampire like Kahlua (also a higher A-class).

I did mention also that Akua has surpassed Fuhai-sensei in martial arts skills alone, but when you couple that with their mastery over the youkai arts and I seriously doubt Akua can be of any comparison. For starters, I have doubts she could create anything like a reverse dimension or barriers or anything else of similar nature. That is why I classify her only as borderline S-class. The way I see it, it takes more than pure fighting skill to reach S-class, and that's something none of our main characters have. As long as that's the case, I don't see anyone reaching that stage without getting more experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It depends on how effective Tohou Fuhai's ritual is going to be, I'm thinking that it will put Tsukune in the low or middle A class, meaning that Akua is probably going to be still a little bit superior then Tsukune, but since Tohou Fuhai is specifically training Tsukune so that he could fight against Akua, I think he's going to equip Tsukune with abilities, specifically designed to counter Akua's abilities, which is going to temporary put Tsukune in the A+ class, evening the odds between them...

At least that's my opinion on this, since I believe that a permanent transition from a B+ class to a higher A class, would be a little too much... but maybe it's just that I'm not too happy about character's having a sudden jump in their powers, using some kind of shortcut - which is basically what Tohou Fuhai's modification ritual might be, and not reaching that level of power on their own...
I agree with this. I never thought the ritual would give him a definitive boost in his power, but a method by which he can gain that power in the future. The ritual isn't Tsukune's answer to everything.
Old 2011-02-28, 10:58   Link #19158
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I would also list Tsukune as more of a B-Class *right now*, as he's suffering under having to assimilate with his new powers, learning to utilise them, and is also still currently unable to release the larger extent of his power without becoming mentally overwhelmed. That said I'd probably list him as upper side of B, as a Phoenix is likely an A class, and Tsukune was at least able to hold that off.

He's already demonstrated his *potential* power level is much higher; his regeneration for one at it's most potent is certainly bordering S-Class; as we saw during his initial bloodrage. Like Akasha is capable of, Tsukune's wounds were literally closing up in seconds.

I think the human modification technique could well boost him into the A-Class. I doubt it'll garner him full control of his powers; capabilities or anything like that right now, as it'd be too much of a jump; but the sole purpose of the ritual is to modify him to enable him to take more control of his latent powers, and he may well gain noticeable general benefits as a side effect although we've yet to see. As I see it, a monsters all round potential and skills are what garners it a class; so the boost to his skillset and possibly general capability boost should move hin forward a step.
As Touhai has commented, it's his speed and skillset that are an issue against Akua right now, not his physical strength; and this is an area Tsukune has been having to work on for a while, given his heritage it's always been something he's struggled with, and even in his ghoul state, he was more strong than particularly fast.

Akuha I don't think counts as a borderline S-Class. She's just a strong A-Class, same as Moka with her Shinso blood sealed. If it wasn't for her skills, she'd be a normal A-class vampire, but she's picked up some skills which garner her more power. Touhai is a true S-Class.
Akua has surpassed him slightly in terms of physical skill, but cannot compare to his overall skillset; he is skilled in both physical and arts, which lends him an overall power rating that matches those of his peers.

Tsukune still has a long way to go before he's worthy of an S-Class title; the potential is there, but he's got a lot of training and development before he gets there. The ritual is just a step along the way to unleashing that potential, by forcibly (and dangerously) pushing his development forward and making his potential a little easier to control.
I don't think we can class him an A+ even with counterskills against Akua; as it's not representative of his overall power level, it simply means he's specifically learned to counter her skill set. He would still be under disadvantage against another Ayashi with a high A class power rating, unless he takes the development and skills he's learned in aim of countering Akuha's skills and manages to modify and extend that training and skillset to offer him a wider advantage, rather than just shielding against Jigen-tou.

At this stage of development, I'd be more than happy if the ritual just offers him comparable power levels to a normal vampire in general terms (whereas right now he's still too limited to be classed as such); with the sole exception he's going to learn a skill that allows him to counter the Jigen-tou. That'd be more than enough of a boost for now.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 11:30   Link #19159
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Extra chapter was funny.

But Moka "Does anyone still want to kiss me?"

ALL "No"

Omg Tsukune , you missed an opportunity ! ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 11:32   Link #19160
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

He was probably too scared and believed he'd discover a whole new level of pain if he said yes! Moka was acting a little creepy at the time afterall (even the ghost was a bit unnerved)! He may have said no, but we all know thats the least he'd like to do (not that Moka's innocent on this account either)

You know; Moka's rescue would probably be a perfect place for a first kiss, given how the pair have been feeling in the other's absense. I feel they'd both be overjoyed to have the other back, and a hug at the very least would probably be warranted. I dunno it may well be saved for later on, but it would seem a perfectly reasonable opportunity unless the pair are simply too nervous.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire