AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-06, 12:29   Link #2281
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Is there not an option in the Config menu to turn off the fan made CGs? I seem to remember seeing one when I played, but my computer that I had it installed on died a horrible death so I can't go back and check what it actually does.

I keep seeing people complain about them, so it confused me to no end until I realized that maybe the option doesn't do what I thought it did lol
I wouldn't say that there are so many bad ones
that It'd warrant turning them off altogether, but that's just me.
The mishmash of styles are interesting to watch even if not all of them can be considered good.
Sometimes it's a bit jarring.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:35   Link #2282
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
I wouldn't say that there are so many bad ones
that It'd warrant turning them off altogether, but that's just me.
The mishmash of styles are interesting to watch even if not all of them can be considered good.
Sometimes it's a bit jarring.
I was pretty much of the same opinion for the...one time I got to play, but I got curious with all the mentions of people not liking the CGs since I wont be able to check for myself for another week or so
Old 2012-01-06, 12:58   Link #2283
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
The gallery in this game continue to baffle me with how much the art in it ranges in quality,
on one hand, you have things that are beautiful/clever/funny/all around interesting etc. like these
Spoiler for good pics:

... And then you have THIS
Spoiler for WHAT??:
It's quite the sudden quality shift. I mean, it's admirable that they give people who aren't particulary good a spot too, but some quality control should be in order.
While on the subject, I'll add that the fact that many of these have been available on the web for a long time don't bother me though,
it's natural that artists would submit their previous works.
I've recently learned that not all the works can be found online. There are also a ton of beautiful CGs that can be unlocked made by almost all of the current and past mangaka of 07th Expansion series (Umineko, Higurashi, Higanbana, the artist of Rewrite/main artist of Key, anthologies... etc.)

Spoiler for here's a few examples:
Old 2012-01-06, 13:39   Link #2284
Walterion

Does anyone know what does the Light blue symbol refere to in the Princess mode? It's on the 2bar SP and I have no idea which botton it is.

Also, I got myself a gamepad, and that's the only way princess mode is a viable option. Will upload a video soonish with that.

EDIT: Found out what it was, HOLD DOWN ATTACK BOTTON.

Strong botton in princess mode does... nothing. I guess Princesses do not hit hard at all.

Last edited by Walterion; 2012-01-06 at 14:39.
Old 2012-01-06, 13:46   Link #2285
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Is there not an option in the Config menu to turn off the fan made CGs? I seem to remember seeing one when I played, but my computer that I had it installed on died a horrible death so I can't go back and check what it actually does.

I keep seeing people complain about them, so it confused me to no end until I realized that maybe the option doesn't do what I thought it did lol
I've done it but I forgot which option it was to turn off the fanart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I've recently learned that not all the works can be found online. There are also a ton of beautiful CGs that can be unlocked made by almost all of the current and past mangaka of 07th Expansion series (Umineko, Higurashi, Higanbana, the artist of Rewrite/main artist of Key, anthologies... etc.)

I don't mind unlocking those artwork. Those are beautiful and well done.

Quote:
The gallery in this game continue to baffle me with how much the art in it ranges in quality,
on one hand, you have things that are beautiful/clever/funny/all around interesting etc. like these
Spoiler for good pics:

... And then you have THIS
Spoiler for WHAT??:
It's quite the sudden quality shift. I mean, it's admirable that they give people who aren't particulary good a spot too, but some quality control should be in order.
While on the subject, I'll add that the fact that many of these have been available on the web for a long time don't bother me though,
it's natural that artists would submit their previous works.

As soon as I saw that horrible fanart of one of Dlanor's partner, I was like "Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my time trying to unlock all the art now.

Old 2012-01-06, 13:56   Link #2286
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post

Can those can be unlocked the same way as the other CGs though the loading screen or does it have to be through arcade mode?
Old 2012-01-06, 14:00   Link #2287
Nanashi_1337

Yep, they're unlocked the same way.
Old 2012-01-06, 15:31   Link #2288
Eriko 556

I saw everyone talking about RP...

What is? What is it function?
Old 2012-01-06, 15:54   Link #2289
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
I saw everyone talking about RP...

What is? What is it function?
It shows your online stats with each character's Win/Lose record plus your overal win/lose record.

Old 2012-01-06, 16:01   Link #2290
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Jesus I keep having to leave in a fit of rage on the last fight cuz its just fucking ridiculous with characters u arnt pro with.. Seriously, has any1 been able to do Erikas meta-super during a fight? I can only ever pull off the right sequence 1/2 of my meta uses and during an actual fight they either guard (cuz npcs can see each millisecond go by to guard) or anti-air move me. Also, is it just me or does Erika kind of lack moves? All I really know she has are helicopter move and throwing her scythe, oh and the air swing that I pulled out once >.> all other characters seem to have more moves.. or at least ones that are easier to pull off cuz i cant really do anything but helicopter with her >.<
Old 2012-01-06, 16:05   Link #2291
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Erika is meant to annoy people with her Oblivious long-ranged attacks and dominate the air, since her Double Jump is presumely used to bait Anti Airs and punish with that descending Scythe Move.

If you have finesse, it's possible to use her Meta off of her Counter move (the one she picks her ear) or 2C Meta Activation Meta-super.
If you hit 2C too far you'll need to dash, jump and then Metasuper. You can use 6C for the same effect, though, it's much harder.

Last edited by Tong; 2012-01-06 at 16:30.
Old 2012-01-06, 16:07   Link #2292
Nanashi_1337

Really? I find it easy to pull one in the middle of an aerial combo, after cancelling with Metafield.
Old 2012-01-06, 16:11   Link #2293
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Jesus I keep having to leave in a fit of rage on the last fight cuz its just fucking ridiculous with characters u arnt pro with.. Seriously, has any1 been able to do Erikas meta-super during a fight

I can only ever pull off the right sequence 1/2 of my meta uses and during an actual fight they either guard (cuz npcs can see each millisecond go by to guard) or anti-air move me. Also, is it just me or does Erika kind of lack moves? All I really know she has are helicopter move and throwing her scythe, oh and the air swing that I pulled out once >.> all other characters seem to have more moves.. or at least ones that are easier to pull off cuz i cant really do anything but helicopter with her >.<
I usually use her Meta when I got the enemy stunned or awhen they're open. Erika seems to lack moves a bit but I can work around with with combos and all that jazz.

I hate fighting against her because I could be doing a combo and all of the sudden she does that teleport taunt and screw me over.

Old 2012-01-06, 16:16   Link #2294
Nanashi_1337

The teleport taunt is way too predictable. It's really easy to predict when the AI will use it. Try to Attack Touch after hitting the counter, I think it's possible to use it. You will hit her that way.
Old 2012-01-06, 17:14   Link #2295
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Jesus I keep having to leave in a fit of rage on the last fight cuz its just fucking ridiculous with characters u arnt pro with.. Seriously, has any1 been able to do Erikas meta-super during a fight?
How I usually go about it
Spoiler for bnb:

Basically:
2C, meta-cancel, *dash-in*
jump, jB, jC, jump cancel, jB, jC, meta-SP.
Before the 2C you can do whatever.
*a simple way to properly evalute the time needed to wait before initiating the air-combo so that the opponent won't be too high for the meta to hit.
Alternately, doing it after Erika's teleport works too.

Last edited by CrimsonMoonMist; 2012-01-06 at 18:32.
Old 2012-01-06, 17:29   Link #2296
User173096
Disabled By Request

Do you guys manage to use Erika's meta special with the keyboard?
Old 2012-01-06, 17:29   Link #2297
Xplosivv

So, has anyone found a full Golden Showtime! yet? It was supposed to be released on C81, but I can't find it anywhere. Not in my usual online stores, at least.
Old 2012-01-06, 17:45   Link #2298
Nanashi_1337

It's simple practice. The hard part for me is the dash+jump, since sometimes I jump too early or too late. But really, it's worth learning since Erika's Metasuper is epic.
Old 2012-01-06, 18:21   Link #2299
fuff

when i get in the meta world how can i use the characters special ability? i tried the whole forward/backward thing...it didn't work..then again i was playing in princess mode. also when i play easy level can i still unlock the cgs or is that only in normal mode?

edit: is the ost out for this game?? i love the instrumental songs in it and the one where the school concert is
Old 2012-01-06, 18:34   Link #2300
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
when i get in the meta world how can i use the characters special ability? i tried the whole forward/backward thing...it didn't work..then again i was playing in princess mode. also when i play easy level can i still unlock the cgs or is that only in normal mode?
In princess you just press ABC again.
Pretty sure they still unlock.
Closed Thread