AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-30, 12:02   Link #1261
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wasn't trying to "prove" anything, I actually tried to point out what you just did. "Tobi" isn't a shared identity, "Madara" is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 14:59   Link #1262
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

well, now that it is revealed that the masked man is obito, all my theories matter no more, i put up all the logic from all the episodes and chapters trying to prove that it is not obito, but looks like Kishi has some other plans and it really suprised me(in a good way),

but now it's very interesting to know how obito came to being what he is right now
Old 2012-08-30, 17:09   Link #1263
Excelion

Rin really led Obito along there. Whispers something in his ear to meet him at the park, turning out to just be a group meeting with everyone to surprise Kakashi.

I went back and watched that scene where Obito "dies", and he did say he was the only one who didn't get Kakashi a present when he became a jounin, so that was a solid tie-in there.

Seems we didn't see the other half of his face in the Konan fight because it was normal looking. Kishi really had us thinking he was some old guy when he first showed part of his face to Sasuke. I guess a senior citizen-looking villain would be more of a rarity in Jump manga, Danzo aside. =p
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:28   Link #1264
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Rin really led Obito along there. Whispers something in his ear to meet him at the park, turning out to just be a group meeting with everyone to surprise Kakashi.

I went back and watched that scene where Obito "dies", and he did say he was the only one who didn't get Kakashi a present when he became a jounin, so that was a solid tie-in there.

Seems we didn't see the other half of his face in the Konan fight because it was normal looking. Kishi really had us thinking he was some old guy when he first showed part of his face to Sasuke. I guess a senior citizen-looking villain would be more of a rarity in Jump manga, Danzo aside. =p
I was at first hoping it was an old guy, even though it'd be funny picturing an elderly person acting like a moron and literally falling all over Deidara-senpai
Old 2012-09-01, 00:29   Link #1265
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
that is true, but he would have had to cut it for his minato fight and then grow it out again before the uchiha massacre? that doesnt really make sense to me, although it is possible if hair can even grow that fast. long haired tobi is a lot longer than short hair tobi
srry but why would tobi have to cut his hair for minato fight?according to naruto wiki tobi only had long hair after fighting minato.he met itachi and controlled the 4th mizukage after his fight with minato hence the long hair.he might have just grew out his hair.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 00:57   Link #1266
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
srry but why would tobi have to cut his hair for minato fight?according to naruto wiki tobi only had long hair after fighting minato.he met itachi and controlled the 4th mizukage after his fight with minato hence the long hair.he might have just grew out his hair.
oh yea? I thought that tobi's control over the mizukage came before his fight with minato. if you're right then thanks for the info. i actually thought that his control over the mizukage came before obito's death, meaning long hair tobi would certainly be a different person

but it still raises the question of why he would grow his hair only to cut it again. he was still 'pretending' to be madara at the kage summit. if he was using the long hair to resemble madara more then he should have just kept it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 02:48   Link #1267
prakash123

Yea I used to think the same way.but I checked out tobi's profile and found out he had long hair after his battle with minato.I was actually hoping there were 2 different guys.anyway let's just see what Kishi has in stor for us all.
Old 2012-09-01, 12:26   Link #1268
SuperRareTreeCat

I base what I think off reading and re reading the manga, makes more sense to go off that than a data book or naruto wiki. Still thought it was Obito regardless :P
SuperRareTreeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 14:45   Link #1269
prakash123

Check out chapter 501 pg8.i think
That page might be prove of tobi being 2 ppl or more.the part where kurama looks at tobi and goes 'you'. theres no way that could have been obito because kurama had never met obito from what we know.so theres no way the tobi that fought minato was obito

Last edited by prakash123; 2012-09-03 at 03:17.
Old 2012-09-02, 17:45   Link #1270
Mateus

Okany new theory on Obito/Madara

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-03, 13:47   Link #1271
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

Haha I'm Gunna go with zetsu's love child haha
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 17:48   Link #1272
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
Check out chapter 501 pg8.i think
That page might be prove of tobi being 2 ppl or more.the part where kurama looks at tobi and goes 'you'. theres no way that could have been obito because kurama had never met obito from what we know.so theres no way the tobi that fought minato was obito
It wasn't necessarily a "You...!" of recognition, we especially can't read that much into it from a translation. Also, why would anyone else wear a mask with only a right eyehole? It's not like there would be any reason for someone to impersonate the real Tobi. If any theory is more plausible it's that there's some sort of possession or influencing by Madara going on.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 17:52   Link #1273
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I still think that's backwards. I think Tobi is the one doing the impersonating.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 05:27   Link #1274
Destined_Fate

What if Tobi is really... Tobi! I know this is a long shot but it's workable.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 06:58   Link #1275
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
It wasn't necessarily a "You...!" of recognition, we especially can't read that much into it from a translation. Also, why would anyone else wear a mask with only a right eyehole? It's not like there would be any reason for someone to impersonate the real Tobi. If any theory is more plausible it's that there's some sort of possession or influencing by Madara going on.
just a plausibility brah...thats all
Old 2012-09-05, 10:08   Link #1276
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Tobi is not Obito, Tobi is Troll...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:17   Link #1277
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

If Tobi is Obito, then who fought Minato? Tobi was unware of Minatos speed when they fought. How can this be if Minato was his Sensei. Wouldn't Minato pick this up that it was Obito if it was him?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:29   Link #1278
james0246

^Technically, Obito had never seen Hiraishin (the technique was literally first used around the time of his "death"). So, Tobi could have still been surprised.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:54   Link #1279
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
If Tobi is Obito, then who fought Minato? Tobi was unware of Minatos speed when they fought. How can this be if Minato was his Sensei. Wouldn't Minato pick this up that it was Obito if it was him?
back when he was a konoha ninja, obito wasn't at a level to ever have had a reason to see all of minato's techniques. as another example, pre-SM naruto would have been surprised if he ever fought jiraiya to find out that jiraiya could do something like sage mode. nagato didn't know about it either and he was jiraiya's student as well.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 13:31   Link #1280
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Technically, Obito had never seen Hiraishin (the technique was literally first used around the time of his "death"). So, Tobi could have still been surprised.
Yeah, but how the hell did Obito/Tobi get older/taller/stronger so fast when Minato looked barely a day older?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tobi