AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 20:13   Link #61
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I was skeptical about it until the introduction of the lighter fantasy elements that added a little something. So yeah, color me interested.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 20:18   Link #62
bakato

Would it kill them to spell "tail" right? Is this the sort of things that gets corrected in the BDs?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:00   Link #63
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Would it kill them to spell "tail" right? Is this the sort of things that gets corrected in the BDs?
Or it's a reference to Fairy Tail...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:22   Link #64
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well I decided to check this out and my stars this was really a treat. The cast of characters were fun and interesting and what drew me the most is that the overall setting is at an amusement which I don't see often in most anime I watched till now. We got a former child star actor now narcissistic, a "trigger happy" transfer student (what are you Mami?), and a bunch of interesting theme park mascots.

Yeah, it was a slow episode but despite that we get the overall jist of the park, its shortcomings, and the seemingly unmotivated staff and visitors who attend there. The duel between the park mascot and Seiya was the highlight, I replayed that part over and over still had a blast. It's not expected but I sort felt that Seiya had some sort of past at amusements parks when he was talking to Sentou on the bus and his past and obvious connection to Latifa. Now that he's aware of the parks impending failure and him gaining the power to read people's thoughts, it's going to be interesting to see how he'll put his extraordinary abilities and his new found powers to use to help save the park.

After reading the comments on here I can tell that the reception for this episode so far have mixed and negative. Granted I never read the original osm, but to me, the visual and colors were amazing, the bgm and OP and ED were great, and I'm taking a shine to the characters and I'm interested to see how they'll work for a common goal to save the park.

Great episode and I'm totally following this everyweek. I'm going to check out both the manga and light novel later to see the others who commented pov, but for now great start and can't wait to see where this goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I gathered some gifs (some are nsfw thank to beautiful white ass™)
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Excuse me while I steal these for "research purposes". Even if you say no, I'm still going to steal this.
Old 2014-10-07, 21:27   Link #65
brocko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkIC5cdOKxM

Went back and rewatched the OP. Made me realise how many more characters there are that we havn't seen yet. So that's got me hopeful that the show might just be a case of needing a little bit of time to grow and warm up on me as more characters and more characters get introduced.

The very first line of the song is so terribly ear-wrenching though.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:47   Link #66
Esclair

I'm just here for the fanservice.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:55   Link #67
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Color me surprised. I just read that the guy behind Full Metal Panic is writing the LN and a doujin artist is doing the illustrations. My interest in this series has drastically peaked.
Old 2014-10-07, 22:27   Link #68
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

I came for Bonta-kun, stayed for Sento's ass.

Like the humor, the whole "magic thing" sounds like fun, Bonta-kun was hilarious. Keeper.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 22:33   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There were some gags that were a little too repetative but otherwise I found the humour chuckleworthy. Not amazing but it's definitely worth a chance to get better.

It's funny because the opening scene instantly made me wonder if I should even bother, but as the episode went on it slowly managed to redeem itself and the scene where the MC meets the manager is when it well and truly hooked my interest and sealed the deal. I hope the introduction of magic really spices things up. I mean this is clearly not going to be Hyouka level or anything but as long as it's reasonably amusing, I'm more than happy to stick with it for now.
That's pretty much my take as well. The opening scene was downright cringe-worthy in just how cliche it was, but the show steadily improved throughout the episode after that initial low point.

One other element that made the show more promising to me was the MC getting mind-reading powers. There's a lot of potential in that specific character/plot element alone, which with decent-or-better writing should enable the show to be more than simply "RollerCoaster Tycoon: The Anime".
Old 2014-10-07, 22:39   Link #70
xizro345
King's Justice

I think the pacing of the episode was pretty much ok, and I was actually surprised by the fantasy element added in the end.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 23:16   Link #71
SisterPrincess

Why Kyoani always being the best source when it comes in background and background characters?
SisterPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 00:01   Link #72
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I gathered some gifs (some are nsfw thank to beautiful white ass™)
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Images
Gonna take some of those, thx for the pics
Old 2014-10-08, 00:04   Link #73
MgMaster

Keeping their recent works in mind,my expectations for KyoAni shows were pretty low,assuming I gave them a shot at all. But Amagi Brilliant Park feel’s somewhat different.

Is it because KyoAni actually showed some nudity and an actual kiss(even if it wasn’t done that well,at least it’s something)? Is it because Isuzu is not a clutz who’s supposed to be funny because she’s a clutz and well,moe. Or am I just biased because I like the deadpan humor that a kuudere brings? Probably all of the above but whatever, I’m hooked although I’m not trusting of KyoAni enough to let my guard down so soon.

Please,please don’t screw this up.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 01:19   Link #74
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Hooked in by the opening music, stayed for everything.

Thoroughly enjoyable, gorgeous visuals and a rather interesting plot (magical overtones and the past life of Kanie Seiya/relation to Latifa) - although, my personal preference will be to not think too hard about this and simply enjoy the ride
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 01:55   Link #75
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh god, my childhood excitement. I feel like I'm playing Sim Theme Park again.

No seriously, rather good fun, quite a surprise after the dreadful attempts at presenting a synopsis and matching awkward genre tags.

The opening theme was really catchy, the visuals retain KyoAni quality and the sporadic nature of the show mixed in with some elements of anticipation made me excited to see where it goes. I hope really awkward jokes like the kid pointing out Isuzu's underwear are minimal, but hopefully the show does well.

C'mon KyoAni, fight to retain the top position in my heart! P.A. Works is seriously creeping up close at this point.
Old 2014-10-08, 01:56   Link #76
cupumanager

Who else around here whose mind automatically plays or hums Credens Justitiam when a Flintlock Musket was summoned under the skirt?
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 03:47   Link #77
novalysis

My first reaction when I saw Sento was that Nibutani somehow was cloned, stripped of her emotions and thrown into the show. With Chuunibyou fully restored.

I don't actually understand why people are railing on this show so much in the first episode. Especially if Sento doesn't seem to be the problem have, given the entire episode might as well have been a dialogue between Sento and Keiya over the backdrop of a dying, dilapidated theme park.

And for a first episode, it works well - the dialogue and the scenes not only told but showed me exactly what I, the audience needed to know about the premise. It was very well presented, and the Info-dumps fairly well integrated into the narrative flow.

The humor is abit hit and miss at times, but I don't think humor was the main objective here, but rather, establishing the setting and premise. And I think they have successfully sold the premise.

Finally, while Hiroi compared the premise of Amagi Park to Sims Theme Park, I had another game in mind: Recettear- An Item Shop's Tale. Capitalism Ho!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 07:13   Link #78
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally thought this pilot episode was brilliant. I mean, sure, it didn't had me chuckling all the way through like Wolf Girl/Black Prince did, but it really did show how much the park is in shambles. Then bonta moffuru came along and lols were to be had. XD

I think the best part of what I like about this show is that it gives you a deadline countdown timer (reminds me of Yawara a bit). Allows you to really feel that sense of urgency, as a quarter of a million people is really no small feat to acheive. Add in the mysterious backstory of Kanie (which is already linked to princess and I wouldn't be surprised if Isuzu is as well), and you've got the hook to want to keep going to the next episode.

So yeah, behind F/Sn and Wolf Girl/Black Prince, this is ranked third so far in terms of my enjoyment of the pilot episodes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 09:38   Link #79
Peanutbutter

The OP and ED was pretty ordinary in my opinion. Kyoani works usually have catchy OPs/EDs or both.

Looks like they have really combined a lot of elements from most Kyoani works so far here. It's like FMP + Free + Chunnibyou + Kyoukai no Kanata + K-On.

I'll stay for "Nibutani's" ass. Hopefully, there will be more to catch my eye.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 10:06   Link #80
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
BTW, I wonder if someone already photoshopped that scene where Isuzu shows Kanie all of the attractions (with the same position)?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance