AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-03, 15:43   Link #261
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The animation was better than last time. Also some good action even if it feels like an RPG.
Old 2015-07-04, 13:13   Link #262
LoveYouSaber

Looking forward to seeing Shaka finally in action next episode. Wonder if it's going to require him using Tenbu Hōrin.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 13:35   Link #263
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

shaka vs fudo

and if taurus was harbinger, that giant fodder would get rekt instantly with breaking bones everywhere with no mercy
aldebaran worst taurus yet
Old 2015-07-04, 13:54   Link #264
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
and if taurus was harbinger, that giant fodder would get rekt instantly with breaking bones everywhere with no mercy
aldebaran worst taurus yet
Aldebaran kind of has no personality. I think the writing in SoG is suffering from having to work around characters that people know very well but at the same time were never fleshed out decently, especially when by themselves...so there's a lot they could do and yet they can't, if that makes sense.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 13:59   Link #265
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Aldebaran kind of has no personality. I think the writing in SoG is suffering from having to work around characters that people know very well but at the same time were never fleshed out decently, especially when by themselves...so there's a lot they could do and yet they can't, if that makes sense.
Then wouldn't this be the time to try and flesh out and expand those characters that didn't get much development?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 14:01   Link #266
Galaxian

The original Gold Saints are the most boring group of GS the franchise has, they only get a free pass thanks to nostalgia.

That said, I am loving the different ways SoG expands on them (for the most part), like Deathmask insecurities and Aioria's unconscious resentment. Even Dohko's laid back attitude here makes more sense that the gun-ho and overly sentimental persona he has in Next Dimension.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 14:01   Link #267
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Then wouldn't this be the time to try and flesh out and expand those characters that didn't get much development?
That's what i meant, it's like they're afraid to play with the characters, deviate too much from what was established, even when it was close to nothing. I think they're going that route with Deathmask only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
That said, I am loving the different ways SoG expands on them (for the most part), like Deathmask insecurities and Aioria's unconscious resentment. Even Dohko's laid back attitude here makes more sense that the gun-ho and overly sentimental persona he has in Next Dimension.
I don't know, Aiolia's resentment was an illusion that lasted two minutes until they shove it off forever.
Deathmask is going through a continuous development, but the most underdeveloped Gold Saints like Aldebaran and Milo are pretty much the same here.

Some attempts of characterization i found very weird..like Camus for some reason acting like Hyoga, and yet never mentioning Hyoga.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 14:19   Link #268
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I don't know, Aiolia's resentment was an illusion that lasted two minutes until they shove it off forever.
Deathmask is going through a continuous development, but the most underdeveloped Gold Saints like Aldebaran and Milo are pretty much the same here.
Still it was something that hasn't been addressed outside of Episode G. (which is the least accessible Saint Seiya spin-off) and neither Aioria or the audience expected it to show up here.

Aldebaran is doomed to be the least interesting member of the Gold Saints, nothing makes it more clear than this episode and his refusal to go all out. At the point, his blandness in deliberate.

Milo, I agree, any new insight we might have gotten for him was scrapped and his character was fed to Camus' own development... Which, while it does have its "awww" moment, ends up making Camus a hypocrite. Though it destroyed the Camus/Milo ship, so, it's a wash
Old 2015-07-05, 12:53   Link #269
Blueknight78

hey guys i have a quiz, if you could choose your best 12 golden saints what they could be?
choose one for each sign and a if possible a brief explanation why you choose him

let's see the best 12 golden saints setup(you could choose anyone from classic anime/manga, to omega and the others well all the knowed incarnations of the 12 saints made in manga and anime.
let's see the what could be the best gold saints we could have together.

for Pisces the guy from lost canvas - he really was amazing and strong unlike the aphrodite which was just a weakling and stupid narcissist along side with death mask being the most "pathic gold saints in the classic for me.

for taurus - harbinger hands down, aldebaran like peples are point is too poor developed, the one from lost canvas looked more like a little more evolved form off aldebaran but also lack of personality, harbinger was one of the most cool and fun golden saints i see so far.

for gemini - saga and canon - are the best both as villian and "heroes" looking for then redemption i also liked paradox she was fun and crazy, her "yandere obssession over shiryu and later over Ryuhou was interesting, i really feel bad for her death

for aries i liked mu - well since basically all the aries saint are also "unidimessional he was the more interesting.

for cancer - well for that don't have much to say Manigoldo, both death mask and the guy from omega where all "pathetic", the most annoying and weak saints, probably death mask will be forever the "comic relief of saint seiya even more after the CGI movie where he was a "jack sparrow" rip-off plus a "wolverine" look when naked, man that guy on the movie for me is forever marked as one of the worst manga/anime/ well japanese entertainment characters of all times, really kuramada must hate cancer sign to make most of the saints of that sign being pathetic at best with some really, really rare cases like the guy in lost canvas.

for aquarius - camus - well also we don't have much better exemples.

for virgo i will stick with shaka - well the others for me where "fine' shaka was the best.

for leo - aioria - obvious he have the "main mc" sort of mind set, being hothead and good he really could be a good mc if indeed saint seiya was about the gold saints instead of "seiya" as kuramada wanted in the beginner.

for saggitarius - well seiya is too obvious of a choice but i still prefer aiolos for his background and how he was a inspiring character.

for scorpion - well for lack i go with milo

for libra i go with dohko he is really a fun character.

for capricorn i go with shura the old guy from omega was too weird and bad villian and the guy from lost canvas don't really make me like too much of him.
Old 2015-07-06, 17:46   Link #270
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

AhMyGawd !
It's baaaad, like really really baaaad.

I just catched up yesterday with last episode... So they used the same plot as always.
Ladies & Gentlemen... After the Zodiac Houses, the Sapphirs and the Seas Pillars... We offer you THE CHAMBEEEERS. Bo-ring.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 14:50   Link #271
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So some news about Seiya in general:
*Kurumada will continue with Next Dimension http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...l-manga/.90139
*The Lost Canvas Gaiden is reaching in climax with
Spoiler for chapter:
Old 2015-07-17, 11:45   Link #272
Galaxian

A really "by the books" episode with no real surprises, but at least Deathmask continues to be my favorite character and I like Shaka putting Balder out of his misery.
Old 2015-07-17, 11:56   Link #273
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really enjoyed the latest episode. Classic but effective, and with no outright QUALITY. Shaka was really cool.

I'm hyped for the next episode as well, since the title hints we'll see Kanon.
Old 2015-07-17, 12:47   Link #274
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I found this episode much more enjoyable than the previous one. Maybe it helps there was a bigger budget
Old 2015-07-17, 12:52   Link #275
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wait...did Shaka get crushed by the falling rocks? Because that would be really stupid.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 07:07   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By the way, how did Shaka get a God Cloth?
Old 2015-07-19, 09:42   Link #277
LoveYouSaber

Loved it how Shaka's Tenbu Hōrin, instead of an attack, was used to help Balder erase his pain and let him die peacefully.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 15:39   Link #278
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait...did Shaka get crushed by the falling rocks? Because that would be really stupid.
I don't think so. The flames lit on the clock tower during the ED likely show how many Gold Saints are still active, and we saw there were 6. In this case, Shaka, Dohko, Aioria, Mu, Saga, and presumably Aioros.

Aphrodite, Deathmask, Aldebaran, Shura, Camus and Milo, on the other hand, are confirmed gone.

Of course this is just a theory, but it sounds reasonable.

On the other hand, the figure behind the sealed urn appeared to be Loki. It seems like he'll be the final boss.
Old 2015-07-20, 02:23   Link #279
Galaxian

Aphrodite and Shura should come back since they haven't activated, at least not fully, their God Cloths.
Old 2015-07-27, 18:12   Link #280
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

BD are out:

Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote