AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-01-24, 02:34   Link #181
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Too bad I didn't manage to vote anymore. I think it's a shame that no one voted for No Game No Life in the OST section, because it honestly has a great soundtrack, but it seems most people didn't even notice its existence (the way it was released irregularily through every few Blu-Ray boxes), even though so many people were looking out for "that song" ("All of you is all of me") and not just that, but the whole OST is really a well made, as well as a very original approach, one of those things where I really get a headache everytime due to how sad it is that OSTs are generally not receiving the fame they deserve, but the charts everywhere got things like Justin Bieber music instead...
Old 2015-01-25, 11:51   Link #182
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Too bad I didn't manage to vote anymore. I think it's a shame that no one voted for No Game No Life in the OST section, because it honestly has a great soundtrack, but it seems most people didn't even notice its existence (the way it was released irregularily through every few Blu-Ray boxes), even though so many people were looking out for "that song" ("All of you is all of me") and not just that, but the whole OST is really a well made, as well as a very original approach, one of those things where I really get a headache everytime due to how sad it is that OSTs are generally not receiving the fame they deserve, but the charts everywhere got things like Justin Bieber music instead...
I thought it was a good soundtrack, just it only had two standout songs imo, the one you mentioned as well as NO GAME NO LIFE... which are back to back on the 3rd ost.

The release of it probably did it no favors, only reason I even checked for them was because of the title song. Couldn't believe they didn't put that on the first ost....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 16:47   Link #183
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It never really made an impression on me. I didn't feel like it was noticeable as I watched it because the scenes just overpowered the music. Though I'm probably going to chalk this up to personal preference as the only song I remember from that series was the OP. Though Im also bitter that my favorite ost of the year(Yuuki yuuna wa yuusha de aru) didn't even get past nomination.

You're kind of forgetting how marketing works if you want an anime OST to ever overtake a mainstream juggernaut.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice awards