AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-20, 23:19   Link #101
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I don't think it is that hard.

While there are complaint about how third episode being idol episode, then again, their primary goal is becoming idol capable of revitalize Saga prefecture.
I don't see anything bad about that as first and second episodes already telling that its their "extra" efforts after becoming a zombie playing a big part on their debut.

Third episode itself showing that despite their success on their first and second "concert", its not like people easily gathered for them.
At least, we know that spiky punk guy and his friend are started to be interested about them thanks to their first two concert, that's already good sign as both might lead to episode where they insist Franchouchou charm is their unexpected, neck-breaking performance (LOL).

What I'm more worried is how long that Franchouchou name lasted?

Death Musume when they goes metal, Green Face when they goes with rap, Franchouchou when doing idol job ...
Surprisingly fitting but if this keep going, they'll ended up having new name for each of genre they were having approach. LOL.
Old 2018-10-21, 03:21   Link #102
Applehell

Hmm, felt this was weaker than ep 2, but to be fair that one would be hard top especially since this went for the generic Idol route. Still fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Just watched the first episode of this.

...What. The. Fuck.
Watch episode 2.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 04:32   Link #103
Ghostfriendly

I'm a bit more worried by the jerky cgi-like dancing movements in ep 3. We got a bit of character drama, and it was about guerrilla performances than 'just an idol episode'.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 07:33   Link #104
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
I'm a bit more worried by the jerky cgi-like dancing movements in ep 3.
Once Ai and Junko joins and Sakura had her "feels" moment, the CGI gets less jerky. It was done on purpose.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 12:33   Link #105
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
the main cause of my worries was that it seemed the episode was taking the show into the "proper" idol anime direction, which would have killed most of the appeal.
x2
Almost no jokes or parody in episode 3. It looked like an actual idol show. Nothing like the legendary first two episodes. I just hope they will still make more funny episodes otherwises there is no point for me to watch this since i'm not really an idol fan. But parodies i do love . Mappa pls!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 14:52   Link #106
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
I'm a bit more worried by the jerky cgi-like dancing movements in ep 3. We got a bit of character drama, and it was about guerrilla performances than 'just an idol episode'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
x2
Almost no jokes or parody in episode 3. It looked like an actual idol show. Nothing like the legendary first two episodes. I just hope they will still make more funny episodes otherwises there is no point for me to watch this since i'm not really an idol fan. But parodies i do love . Mappa pls!
After watching it again, i can see how ep3 was focused more on parodying other idol shows like love live, hence moments like sakura's "we can do it if we believe" speech being hijacked by yuugiri. And the bad cgi could be intentional as it was a parodying other idol shows with bad cgi.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 16:58   Link #107
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
While there are complaint about how third episode being idol episode, then again, their primary goal is becoming idol capable of revitalize Saga prefecture.
I don't see anything bad about that as first and second episodes already telling that its their "extra" efforts after becoming a zombie playing a big part on their debut.
The problem is not that it was an idol episode, but that it was that the idol performance was just incredibly generic. What made the other episodes stand out was how the messed with the genre's. The death metal worked well with the whole zombie theme, especially when it came to their neck breaking head banging. The rap song had a great set up, and the it ended up having a very unique sound and was very catchy; and they still used the zombie aesthetic in not just the set up, but the song as well... The idol show was just boring and standard; it didn't even feel like a parody. They just did a regular idol song with the only notable quality being that the performance did not go well. I'd also mention, that's its actually a lot of fun just seeing them accidentally fall into success; that's good comedy right there

Though the use of CGI was the worst bit. That animation was so painful to watch; i can only pray that they will never touch it ever again

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
After watching it again, i can see how ep3 was focused more on parodying other idol shows like love live, hence moments like sakura's "we can do it if we believe" speech being hijacked by yuugiri. And the bad cgi could be intentional as it was a parodying other idol shows with bad cgi.
eh, feels more like a joke that forgot to deliver a punchline.

Like they made use of the CGI, but they didn't do anything with it. What might have been clever is if they started out with CGI, had a bad performance, and then when the other two girls jump in, they swap back to regular animation for when the performance goes well (What might even be better is if the two idols are the only ones using regular animation, while the others are CGI). Like the animators chose to use CGI to not just mock its use, but to also make the performance look bad for the TV viewers. The viewers feel what the crowd in the show feels; The crowd didn't like it, so neither should the viewers... Top it with a meta comment about their "awkward, amateur" dancing and you got your punchline

Though they also still need to work in the zombie aesthetic in there somewhere.
Old 2018-10-21, 18:50   Link #108
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The problem is not that it was an idol episode, but that it was that the idol performance was just incredibly generic. I'd also mention, that's its actually a lot of fun just seeing them accidentally fall into success; that's good comedy right there
Though the use of CGI was the worst bit. That animation was so painful to watch; i can only pray that they will never touch it ever again
eh, feels more like a joke that forgot to deliver a punchline.
Though they also still need to work in the zombie aesthetic in there somewhere.
I like to think that this was more a breather episode, after the fast paced, explosive start. a chance to slow the pace and focus more on the characters. first episode, all the girls except sakura were still mindless zombies. 2nd episode, sakura still stole most of the spotlight during the rap battle, something in which ai and junko didnt even participate in at all. 3rd episode finally sees all of them working together for the ultimately failed guerrilla show. and perhaps that was the point. the guerrilla show was supposed to be bad and cringy. even though the girls manage to get their act together at the end, their generic idol performance was uninteresting to both the crowd and us the viewers. for we the viewers, the cgi made it even worse. from this the girls may realize that it will not be enough to just memorize and master the dance routine and song number. to revitalize saga, they will realize they must become more than just "proper idols". for this episode, the focus was not the performance, but the development of the girls themselves. just my opinion of course.
we will just have to see what happens in future episode. like you i really hope that they dont become generic "proper idols"
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 19:52   Link #109
Magewolf

Actually, looking at it they succeed when doing their own thing in the first two episodes only to fail when they tried to act like idols in the third.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 19:56   Link #110
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Actually, looking at it they succeed when doing their own thing in the first two episodes only to fail when they tried to act like idols in the third.
Yeah. I think the bad CG was deliberate here.
Old 2018-10-25, 12:58   Link #111
Nivek von Beldo

I Like the running gag of the girls sniffing about body descompotition is touched, is funny and the manager is just a funny slavedriver

Loved how the manager talked and the girls passed by...and how sakura touch about how they are from different times and Ai how they're zombies when in japan cremation is common.

Jejeje with the health warning..how that worked on zombies?

Everything was so perfect...of course they will screwed it...poor lady, she got scarred and would be an urban myth now.

baseball? highschool? that chicken? did saki will get a new tamagochi?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 13:02   Link #112
videoman190

Images
Window Shopping
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 13:05   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Continuing toward the normal idol path, but the episode still contained a lot of craziness. I think the episode struck a good balance this time, as opposed to last week's. I liked that the girls are still thinking about how they became zombies, which means it is an actual plot point. Kotaro won't be able to evade the question forever.
Old 2018-10-25, 14:12   Link #114
Wandering Soul

Nice to see that the girls themselves are starting to become curious about how they became zombies. Eventually, Kotaro is going to have to answer some questions, like why he choose those girls, mostly why he choose Sakura and Tae.

Poor lady, she just wanted to take a dip and came out traumatized.
Old 2018-10-25, 16:15   Link #115
James Rye

And down goes a great lucrative job possibility~
Have to say I laughed a lot when the poor lady found Sakura's head in the Onsen and then ran around in a hotel of horror. A wonder nobody else meet the Zombie girls by all that screaming. xD
Next week with those bird customs will surely be hilarious as well.
Old 2018-10-25, 17:15   Link #116
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I thought those pads were gonna have some secret side effect that would be dangerous to zombies. Surprisingly, they seem to work as advertised! :heh

I also love how Yugiri is just going with it and having a good time despite the situation.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 20:12   Link #117
Alhazred

I wonder if that "maybe zombies absorb things quickly" line was a hint, since all of the zombies seemed to soak up the headbanger, screamo atmosphere immediately, Sakura's emptyish head seemed to be full of rap battlin' after casual exposure and Tae now actually seems to sing and follow choreography well enough despite still being mostly brain-dead.

Edit: Ai's "Aren't bodies cremated in Japan?" line makes me wonder if someone hasn't been planning this and collecting pretty corpses since the early 80's. The suggestion probably doesn't count for Yugiri, since funerary cremation was actually pretty controversial in Japan until the end of the 19th century because of lingering Confucian values.

I suppose this ups the possibility that it was all Tae's idea before she died, and Kotaro is just carrying it out.

Last edited by Alhazred; 2018-10-25 at 20:43.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 21:03   Link #118
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its about time he got punched but it would of been nicer if it was in the face and after that was one wacky onsen episode just scaring that poor woman to death
Old 2018-10-25, 21:44   Link #119
azarhal

Saki was awesome this episode. The ending was great too.

I wonder why Junko has so much sewed body parts with different skin colors though. She's a piecemeal zombie?
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 22:07   Link #120
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So what was the point of the "don't put it on people" thing scene? They ended up putting it on humans anyways, and there was no follow-up to that in a positive or negative manner. *shrug*
Normal idol anime these days, I guess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy (actually funny), horror comedy, satire, truck-san strikes again, zombie idols?