Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-16, 03:15   Link #1
Nymene

Thumbs up Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha

Original title : 魔王学院の不適合者 ~史上最強の魔王の始祖、転生して子孫たちの学校へ通う~
Web Novel Page : http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1578dx/
Current Status : 459 WN chapters ( As of today on 16th October 2018)
Published as Light Novel too under Dengeki Bunko

Additional Info : Volume 3 to be released next month, November 10 2018
Here is the cover illustration for Vol 3

Volume 3 Info here : https://dengekibunko.jp/product/maou...806000039.html

Author : Aki 秋
Illustrator : Shizuma Yoshinori

Summary :

After 2000 years had passed, the ruthless demon lord had just been reincarnated ! But his aptitude at an academy for nurturing candidates for demon lords are, "Inapt" !?

Having the capability to destroy humans, elementals, and gods, after a long period of countless wars and strife, Arnos the demon lord became sick and tired of all that, and longed for a peaceful world, so he decided to reincarnate to the future.

However, what awaited him after his reincarnation is a world too used to peace that his descendants became too weak due to a huge weakening in magical powers.

Arnos enrolled in the Maou Academy established to find any students that might be the demon lord's reincarnation, but his powers are too extraordinary that those in the academy couldn't properly judge his powers, so he's regarded as an "Inapt student". Being underestimated and avoided by most people there, he recruited a girl friendly to him, Misha, as his subordinate and comrade, and strives to climb to the top of the demon race hierarchy to one day reclaim his former title and status.

FAQ :
Spoiler for Spoilers for Plot:

Dengeki Bunko's Special PV on Youtube :
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Currently it doesn't have an English licensed publication, but it's licensed Japanese publication is under Dengeki Bunko now. Hopefully it gets an English licensed publication, but for some of us who can read Japanese, we can still read it at Narou and/or buy the Japanese LN volumes at Amazon JP if we choose.

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 02:41. Reason: Decided to change from Anos to Arnos as Anos sounded somewhat similar to.....urmm...you know, right ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 03:53   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I want MC to NTR Rey's girl
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 04:11   Link #3
Nymene

I'm currently at chapter 81. Had a grin reading
Spoiler for plot spoilers:

Awww..... Tiger, please no NTR for him, as he's a good buddy for the MC and fights the enemy as part of MC's group, so you can consider him as one of the Maou's loyal comrade and subordinate in the future when he regains his status in the present day demon race society.

In fact, I read some Japanese comments at Japanese sites that complained why the blonde dude in Isekai Maou doesn't have one girl liking him when he's a cool and good guy that always helps the MC and the 2 heroines in that LN, so this Maou Gakuin story serves to fulfill our frustrations at having to cope with the MC's helpful male buddy not getting a single girl like in other harem series.

Rey is the white-haired guy in this illustration >> http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/00...cs1w1_590x.jpg You can read the article here : http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/756/1756578/

Anyway, I like this story because the MC is so ridiculously overpowered that it seems like a gag and comedy at times when fighting enemies, and the 2 heroines are so cute too, and Rey is also cool and skilled with a sword, and the main enemies of each arc have some appeal too. Personally, I find it more entertaining than most other double heroine magic battle fantasy light novels.

Personally, I find Misha so cute, but for people who like Tsundere girls, Sasha is cute too. Arnos's group of girl cheerleaders, Fan Union are also quite interesting. Also, I haven't read beyond chapter 81 yet, but from comments there, there will be girls later that will like the MC too, but maybe just side characters, like in SAO ?

Finally, this story will also have elements of MC training and powering up his comrades, like in Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja, Kenja no Mago, Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, and Mahou Kenshi no Extra, so if you like seeing the MC's comrades gets stronger and stronger as the story progresses and gets helpful to the MC in defeating some tough enemies without the MC's help in some situations, then this is recommended for you.

Also,
Spoiler for Hopefully not......:

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-16 at 07:13. Reason: Also, MC is quite Donkan and don't know that the 2 heroines likes him.
Old 2018-10-18, 09:19   Link #4
Nymene

Has anybody started reading this wonderful magic battle school WN ?

What is your opinion of it ?
What chapter are you now ?

IMHO I think this is better than Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, because the MC is way more cooler and badass, the heroines are way more cuter and interesting, and MC's male friend looks and fights more cooler than other non-MC male characters in Rettousei.

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-18 at 09:23. Reason: This WN rocks
Old 2018-10-18, 22:02   Link #5
dragon1412

wait, this one is already licensed ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 00:07   Link #6
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Yes, under Japanese publication. I thought the licensed tag meant, "WNs that have been gotten an LN publication", and didn't knew about the tag's actual meaning of "English licensed publication".

Anyway, I'd like to make a brief review of this WN.

How is the story ?
Great, with a gripping plot about a conspiracy from a fake demon lord and how the MC has to uncover the truth after his reincarnation.

Characters ?
All cool, cute, badass and interesting. As a comparison, I have read these 2 other magic battle school fantasy LNs, Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records and Mahouka Koukou, and I think Maou Gakuin is more entertaining than those other 2. 1 thing I disliked about Rokudenashi is that the story is too cliched and gave a strong Shounen Manga feel to it, but Maou Gakuin doesn't have that feeling.

Perhaps the characters in Rokudenashi are too childish and hyper for my tastes ? In contrast, Maou Gakuin has more elegant, regal, noble, cool, badass and stylish characters similar to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Maou Gakuin also has a side couple/side pairing, with the guy in the couple being the one named Rey, who's standing beside the MC in the cover of Volume 3 of the LN you can see on my first post.

IMHO, the 2 main heroines of Maou Gakuin, Misha and Sasha, are more interesting than Rumia and Sistine from Rokudenashi, because Sistine is too childish and too loud/noisy at times, and Rumia is depicted as a damsel in distress girl that always needs saving many times, and Riel is too klutzy and airheaded for my tastes.

In comparison, one of the 2 main heroines of Maou Gakuin, Misha, might be the silent type and not talkative, but despite talking slowly, softly and with as few words as possible, she is not dumb or airheaded like Riel, as she has demonstrated a good level of intelligence and high perception/analytical thinking of others despite her quiet personality when reading the WN.

Her character design is also more cuter than Rumia and Sistine, and both Rumia and Sistine also have too friendly or too hyper/tsundere personalities that I find too noisy, childish and lacking in nobility and elegance, and both of those qualities are present in the 2 main heroines of Maou Gakuin, whose names are Misha and Sasha.

Overall Score : 9 ( This is the best Ore TUEEEEE ( Overpowered MC ) fantasy battle school novel that I've ever read so far, and it even ranks higher than Magi's Grandson, which I gave an 8. For making a comparison, since I hate battle LNs that have a very strong harem feel to it, I gave Seiken Tsukai World Break a 3, Juuou Mujin no Fafnir a 2, and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance a 4. In comparison, Mahouka Koukou's harem element is not too strong or overly obvious, and there are multiple male friends of the MC, and multiple other side couples formed as the story progresses, so I gave Rettousei an 8.5.

So, here's my Top 3 most liked battle school JP novels ( for your reference )
1. Maou Gakuin ( Score : 9 )
2. Rettousei ( Score : 8.5 )
3. Magi's Grandson ( Score : 8 )

Since Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi's harem element is not as strong as the ones mentioned above like Seiken Tsukai, Juuou Mujin, etc, I gave Akashic Records a 5.5, which is higher than Seirei Tsukai's 4 which I gave. The only reason I didn't give Akashic Records a higher score is because I don't quite like Rumia and Sistine due to the reasons I already mentioned. In fact, Cecily from Magi's Grandson, and the sisters Misha and Sasha from Maou Gakuin does a better job as MC's heroines compared to Rumia, Sistine, and Riel, IMHO.

The common similarities of those Top 3 novels that I like is, they all have side couples/side pairings for other characters in MC's group of core character comrades other than the MC/heroines.....
Old 2018-10-19, 09:31   Link #7
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Yes, under Japanese publication. I thought the licensed tag meant, "WNs that have been gotten an LN publication", and didn't knew about the tag's actual meaning of "English licensed publication".
I removed the licensed prefix.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 08:05   Link #8
Nazotoria maid x

the male buddy is like orimura chifuyu
Nazotoria maid x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 09:27   Link #9
Nymene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazotoria maid x View Post
the male buddy is like orimura chifuyu

LOL.

At least he doesn't look like a little loli grill like Rimuru from Tensei Slime or the MC of Knights and Magic......

Oh, and that male buddy will be paired with one girl and they're both the MC's loyal and good comrades that'll fight with the MC against the enemies. But from reading until chapter 97, at that time, only the MC Arnos, his 2 heroines Sasha and Misha, and Rey are the only very strong people on MC's side.

During the fight with the opponents from Yuusha Gakuin, the MC, Sasha and Rey acted so badass and merciless in their fights against the Yuusha Gakuin students....

By the way, Sasha is the blonde grill on the LN's first volume's cover, and she's a noble-type girl with an elegant and high-class personality like you'd expect from a girl from a noble family ( kinda like Lisa Highwalker from Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, Celestia from Saijaku Muhai but with a more strong Tsundere and Tsukkomi component, and with a more assertive personality but not too loud, annoying, bratty or childish like Sistine from Rokudenashi Majutsu or Claire from Seirei Tsukai )

Also, like I mentioned before, the other heroine, Misha is a quiet girl and doesn't talk much, but is quite smart and perceptive, and when she does talk, it seems so cute.

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-21 at 09:38.
Old 2018-10-22, 06:26   Link #10
Nazotoria maid x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
LOL.

At least he doesn't look like a little loli grill like Rimuru from Tensei Slime or the MC of Knights and Magic......

Oh, and that male buddy will be paired with one girl and they're both the MC's loyal and good comrades that'll fight with the MC against the enemies. But from reading until chapter 97, at that time, only the MC Arnos, his 2 heroines Sasha and Misha, and Rey are the only very strong people on MC's side.

During the fight with the opponents from Yuusha Gakuin, the MC, Sasha and Rey acted so badass and merciless in their fights against the Yuusha Gakuin students....

By the way, Sasha is the blonde grill on the LN's first volume's cover, and she's a noble-type girl with an elegant and high-class personality like you'd expect from a girl from a noble family ( kinda like Lisa Highwalker from Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, Celestia from Saijaku Muhai but with a more strong Tsundere and Tsukkomi component, and with a more assertive personality but not too loud, annoying, bratty or childish like Sistine from Rokudenashi Majutsu or Claire from Seirei Tsukai )

Also, like I mentioned before, the other heroine, Misha is a quiet girl and doesn't talk much, but is quite smart and perceptive, and when she does talk, it seems so cute.
si the Template kuudere is silver hair? and noble tsundere dere is yellow hair in 1st vol
Nazotoria maid x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 08:10   Link #11
Nymene

I have read till chapter 92 now, and the blonde heroine Sasha is so badass and merciless defeating her opponent from the Yuusha Gakuin in battle

A very capable heroine, she is.

Misha too, but Misha's expertise and skills are more suited for defense than offense, for example, building Maou castles and such( you have to read the novel to understand the world's magic system, as it's quite intricate, but not too complicated like Rettousei's magic system )
Old 2019-05-04, 01:09   Link #12
Hexwolfx1

Seeking answers

1.can someone explain the conspiracy behind the fake demon lord in detail?

2.List of harem members and bio about them

3.dos the MC met the hero aging and how?
Hexwolfx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 07:26   Link #13
Dansg

Please List of harem members?
Dansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 07:35   Link #14
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I read the manga and this is the silliest reincarnation I've ever read
Just moment after reborn, he as a baby spoke to his parents and then use magic to grow himself into like 10 years old
Then the parents, "Waw, my child is so great" lol
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 07:36   Link #15
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Stopped at around 430, but basically Misha and Sasha are the main, Eleonore is kinda main, then I guess fanclub girls are sub?

For hero:
Spoiler:

^Actually it's a pretty fun read. I just kinda stopped reading for a few weeks around chapter 430 and couldn't get back into it since then.
The parents are idiots, but the main reason is that the Mother's child should have died initially (with the mom) but was saved thanks to Anos. So they're just glad their child is healthy and decided to roll with it.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 10:17   Link #16
Greenish Growth

I enjoyed this up to around chapter 122. Then the type of character that I hate showed up and I had to stop reading it.

I liked how ruthlessness he was.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 12:06   Link #17
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Yeah, Anos is amazing and makes the novel worth the read.

He's probably my favourite OP MC. It just feels natural for him to be above everyone that you can't help but like him. Contrary to other OP MCs who are boring as hell...
Old 2019-05-24, 01:07   Link #18
Greenish Growth

Yeah, he doesn't mess around. I wish more Japanese main characters could be more like him.

There are too many unassertive, fantasy Japanese main characters. I get tried of seeing them after awhile. How often have I thought...that Japanese MC...he was just too aggressive and mean spirited there.......not much.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 22:43   Link #19
lokoxDZz

It feels godo seeing a MC like arnos, confident in his skills, do what needs to be done and doesnt act like those Beta MCs most of time, not bashfull and stuff and always high and mighty, at least how i see him so far from the novel translationl, but damn 400+ WN chapter? i wont be alive to see it translated, unless someone decide to translate it at better speed
lokoxDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 01:52   Link #20
Rinvelt
駄目人間

By the way, translation is rather bad. In the first place his name is Anos, I don't even know why he added a "r" (same for manga TL). And not only talking about names, translation itself is kinda bad. A shame people have to do with that.

Tags
harem, magic academy, magic and high fantasy, male comrade present, overpowered mc