Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 18:04   Link #561
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And the New World is where the most powerful pirates reside. That's why the first half of the grand line is called "paradise". The emperors are renowned as those standing at the very top in this era of piracy. That's basically synonymous to them being the greatest/strongest.
Don't try twisting and making stuff up now. Having the title of Yonkou doesn't automatically make Shanks stronger than Mihawk and you know it.

Quote:
Never claimed otherwise.

There's nothing wrong with a shichibukai being stronger than a Yonkou. But you don't have any concrete evidence to make such a bold claim.
Mihawk being the strongest swords is all the proof necessary.

Unless you can give something that indicates that Shanks has another main fighting style, then Mihawk is stronger than him and that's all there is to it.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:23   Link #562
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Don't try twisting and making stuff up now. Having the title of Yonkou doesn't automatically make Shanks stronger than Mihawk and you know it.
What have I made up? I didn't say Shanks is stronger than Mihawk. I'm saying that Mihawk's title of "Strongest Swordsman in the World" doesn't mean he's overall stronger than Shanks just because the latter has so far only been shown to wield a sword. You want to bring titles into this, so I'm doing the same for Shanks.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:26   Link #563
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Mihawk is also stronger than Shanks as well.
At the end of the day there's no material in One Piece that makes this statement true. Yes we know Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, though that doesn't make him the strongest in the One Piece universe.

Sure you can believe whatever you want, though don't try and force your personal opinion as true facts.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:37   Link #564
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
What have I made up? I didn't say Shanks is stronger than Mihawk. I'm saying that Mihawk's title of "Strongest Swordsman in the World" doesn't mean he's overall stronger than Shanks just because the latter has so far only been shown to wield a sword. You want to bring titles into this, so I'm doing the same for Shanks.
You're trying to say that the title of Yonkou means that you're 1 of the 4 strongest pirates which isn't true in the slightest. The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day there's no material in One Piece that makes this statement true. Yes we know Mihawk is the strongest swordsman, though that doesn't make him the strongest in the One Piece universe.

Sure you can believe whatever you want, though don't try and force your personal opinion as true facts.
Where did I ever state that Mihawk was the strongest character in One Piece?

I'm not the one who started this debate so that latter part of your post makes no sense.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:45   Link #565
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You're trying to say that the title of Yonkou means that you're 1 of the 4 strongest pirates which isn't true in the slightest. The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.
Nope. Garp proves you wrong with the following link: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2539-...apter-432.html

Try again.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:00   Link #566
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Where did I ever state that Mihawk was the strongest character in One Piece?
You're changing the topic, like you have been doing with the discussion with Blackbeard. At the end of the day you're stating that your facts are the truth, when you have no evidence behind them.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:09   Link #567
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
Nope. Garp proves you wrong with the following link: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2539-...apter-432.html

Try again.
Man you need to get some better translations, what's said is this:

Of the millions of pirates there are now...he stands as high as that "White Beard"
as one of the four most formidable pirates

http://mangahelpers.com/t/momodaisuki/releases/5900

Not to mention, character statements aren't always accurate you know that right? However something stated by Oda isn't up for debate. That's the difference between the two titles here.

Quote:
You're changing the topic, like you have been doing with the discussion with Blackbeard.
How am I changing the topic? If anyone's changing the topic, it's you.

I asked you to show me where I said that Mihawk is the strongest character in the series, and you didn't because you obviously like to pull nonsense from your rear end.

Quote:
At the end of the day you're stating that your facts are the truth, when you have no evidence behind them.
I love how you don't give any examples of me supposedly doing this. You're all talk lol.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:21   Link #568
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sigh. This is going no where fast.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:23   Link #569
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Man you need to get some better translations, what's said is this:

Of the millions of pirates there are now...he stands as high as that "White Beard"
as one of the four most formidable pirates

http://mangahelpers.com/t/momodaisuki/releases/5900

Not to mention, character statements aren't always accurate you know that right? However something stated by Oda isn't up for debate. That's the difference between the two titles here.
That translation is no different than my link. Formidable/Greatest/Strongest; those words are all used in the same context.

And I'll take what Garp says over your delusional/biased perspective.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:27   Link #570
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
That translation is no different than my link. Formidable/Greatest/Strongest; those words are all used in the same context.

And I'll take what Garp says over your delusional/biased perspective.
Formidable - Arousing fear, dread, or alarm

Obviously the Yonkou bring more fear that Mihawk ever could. Mihawk is only one man, the Yonkou have control over an entire crew, territories, and possibly allies as well.

Hardly the same thing.

Lol, then run along concede.
Old 2011-02-22, 12:48   Link #571
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The Yonkou are just 4 formidable pirates who rule over the New World.
The 4 MOST formidable pirates.

Not just formidable, but the most.
Old 2011-02-22, 21:43   Link #572
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

It's funny how people never doubt Mihawk being stronger than Vista, Rayleigh, or any other swordsman beside Shanks, and the reason is because that Shanks is a Yonkou.

It's as if people have a problem with a Shichibukai being stronger than a Yonkou.
Old 2011-02-22, 23:22   Link #573
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
reason is because that Shanks is a Yonkou.
The reason is that Shanks has been seen fighting using other methods (i.e. using his haki as a weapon), and not just his sword.

I am not so sure that Mihawk is stronger than Rayleigh either.
Old 2011-02-23, 02:18   Link #574
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, we DO all have to remember that Mihawk is the World's Greatest Swordsman. He can still lose via Haki or what not, but if it's a sword fight, I think he'd always come out on top.

That being said, Shanks is still a skilled swordsman mind you. He DID used to spar with Mihawk before he lost his arm. Now Mihawk won't fight him because he takes pity on him or somethin' somewhere.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:36   Link #575
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Lol, then run along concede.
I had Aohige clarify on Garp's statement regarding the emperors. It turns out we were both wrong.

Garp: There are as many pirates as there are stars in the sky now... and he is one of the four great pirates, rivaling "Whitebeard"!
They rule the later half of Grand Line like emperors, thus they are called "Four Emperors"!!

As you can see, nothing to do with strongest or most formidable.

That being said, I think you're the one who needs to concede. This forum has no place for your obstinate/narrow minded views.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:15   Link #576
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The reason is that Shanks has been seen fighting using other methods (i.e. using his haki as a weapon), and not just his sword.

I am not so sure that Mihawk is stronger than Rayleigh either.
Haki isn't the seperate fighting style. It's a supplement.

Quote:
I had Aohige clarify on Garp's statement regarding the emperors. It turns out we were both wrong.

Garp: There are as many pirates as there are stars in the sky now... and he is one of the four great pirates, rivaling "Whitebeard"!
They rule the later half of Grand Line like emperors, thus they are called "Four Emperors"!!

As you can see, nothing to do with strongest or most formidable.

That being said, I think you're the one who needs to concede. This forum has no place for your obstinate/narrow minded views.
So according to Oda, Mihawk's the strongest swordsman. Have a good day.
Old 2011-02-24, 00:12   Link #577
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Haki isn't the seperate fighting style. It's a supplement.
How do you know that? Haki is indeed a supplement in some cases, but it could also possibly be a completely separate fighting style.

What you say might be true, but it might also be wrong.
Old 2011-02-24, 20:31   Link #578
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How do you know that? Haki is indeed a supplement in some cases, but it could also possibly be a completely separate fighting style.

What you say might be true, but it might also be wrong.
You cannot harm a top tier with haki alone.

It's like saying that the pills that Hodi swallows are a separate fighting style.
Old 2011-02-25, 17:54   Link #579
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
You cannot harm a top tier with haki alone.

It's like saying that the pills that Hodi swallows are a separate fighting style.
How do you know that a battle amongst top tiers can't be decided by wills alone?

It'd almost be like a staring contest
Old 2011-02-26, 06:41   Link #580
Kallen4life

you realise haki is a MAJOR supplement ? mantra = dodge-hax .. armor - to makes your sword hit harder or to harden your defence (maybe if you make an invisible armor on your hand you can catch/parry swords bare-handed .. Rayleigh stopped that charging elephant and the Boa sisters deflected Luffy's blows)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote