AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-18, 18:03   Link #41
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Someone made an interesting observation:

No telling whether it's true Senketsu=Isshin or not, but considering Senketsu's amnesia there's still a possibility it could be.~

Or Isshin just designed Senketsu in his likeness.
Old 2013-12-18, 20:35   Link #42
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Someone made an interesting observation:

No telling whether it's true Senketsu=Isshin or not, but considering Senketsu's amnesia there's still a possibility it could be.~

Or Isshin just designed Senketsu in his likeness.
I thought it was obvious that Senketsu and Isshin looked alike since episode 2 when we found out Isshin had an eyepatch. Even his beard kinda made him look like Senketsu. All this time I was wondering if Toshihiko Seki would voice Isshin, or at least maybe a younger version of him.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2013-12-18, 23:07   Link #43
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
As I said before that the one that Ryuko think is the killer may not be the killer. The "killer" may have been chasing the real killer. I also agree that Nui is not the real killer.
When I went on the official Japanese website, I saw that it was updated with her profile, which reads:

Quote:
流子の父親を殺した張本人で、片太刀バサミのもう片方を持つ。
Using some trusty online Japanese dictionaries, I can say with 90% confidence that the translation is this: "She's the perpetrator who killed Ryuko's father, and carries the other half of the Scissor Blade."

It's on the website, guys. I don't think they're trying to mislead us here. It's even direct about Maiko Ogure being a member of the Disciplinary Committee. (I wonder if we'll see her again, if it's even something worth wondering about...)

Old 2013-12-19, 01:09   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

We'll see tomorrow.
I just don't think it makes any sense for her to be the killer, and them de-blurring that shot of a girl that is obviously not her is kinda...
Old 2013-12-19, 01:18   Link #45
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
We'll see tomorrow.
I just don't think it makes any sense for her to be the killer, and them de-blurring that shot of a girl that is obviously not her is kinda...
I agree. The hair is too short and too straight in the silhouette.
Old 2013-12-19, 18:08   Link #46
AstroNerdBoy

There's nothing to say that Satsuki didn't come in after Ryuuko's father was killed by Nui to do some investigating on her own, then left just as Ryuuko caught a glimpse of her leaving the scene.

I've long been thinking that Ryuuko will join Satsuki to fight whomever the real enemy is. Part of me thinks it could be Nudist Beach, but Satsuki's mother is starting to look like the real villain here.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-12-19, 21:38   Link #47
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Nui's the killer. This week's episode confirmed it. I personally took it to mean that the flashback from Episode 8 was influenced by Ryuko's personal bias against Satsuki; she was so convinced that Satsuki was the killer that it bled into her memory of that night. The original flashback in Episode 1 actually does resemble Nui a bit.
Old 2013-12-23, 05:03   Link #48
Vito
Asshole.

Ep 13 30 sec preview http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18r7z3_klk13
Old 2013-12-23, 11:37   Link #49
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Spoiler for Translation (from /a/):
Old 2013-12-23, 12:18   Link #50
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Welp, I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
There's nothing to say that Satsuki didn't come in after Ryuuko's father was killed by Nui to do some investigating on her own, then left just as Ryuuko caught a glimpse of her leaving the scene.
I think this would have to be it, otherwise I'm very concerned about the show's attention to detail and would have to say that it will probably end up being a bad anime after all's said and done.

This week's episode was also kind of dull, considering the buildup for it.
Old 2013-12-23, 17:35   Link #51
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Or the silhouette just looked nothing like Nui in order to purposely mislead the audience into thinking it's Satsuki and then pull a "LOL NOPE" after the reveal.

I'd say that it worked.~
Old 2013-12-24, 00:17   Link #52
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Or the silhouette just looked nothing like Nui in order to purposely mislead the audience into thinking it's Satsuki and then pull a "LOL NOPE" after the reveal.
Like I said earlier, they only de-blurred the silhouette after the reveal.
Either a) they have no idea what they're doing, or b) there's something else going on here.
For now I'll try to believe the latter.
Old 2013-12-24, 00:26   Link #53
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I think we're talking about different reveals here. I'm referring to the one this most recent episode confirming Nui murdered Isshin. What's this about it being de-blurred? I didn't see anything like that.

I seriously doubt there's any more to it than what's already been revealed. A silhouette not resembling the proper character is hardly a bad sign either since it was very likely purposely misleading to not make it easy to guess who the person was.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-12-24 at 00:36.
Old 2013-12-24, 01:04   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I think we're talking about different reveals here. I'm referring to the one this most recent episode confirming Nui murdered Isshin. What's this about it being de-blurred? I didn't see anything like that.
I posted this last week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Quote:
I seriously doubt there's any more to it than what's already been revealed. A silhouette not resembling the proper character is hardly a bad sign either since it was very likely purposely misleading to not make it easy to guess who the person was.
That's an incredibly, incredibly dishonest move, or at least it would have been if the silhouette in episode 8 hadn't been so blurry.
The one in episode 11 is strongly resembles Satsuki, however, and it was shown to us immediately after Nui admitted to having killed Ryuuko's father.
So, why?
Old 2013-12-24, 01:38   Link #55
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

For why the the silhouette scene was there? Recycling animation for dramatic effect to cut down on work time and budget I'd say. Don't really see any other reason why.
Old 2013-12-26, 22:25   Link #56
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Not sure if people read this yet but Hokuto Andy wrote an intriguing article speculating on the thematic root of Kill la Kill's design and creative direction.

Kill la Kill: The Fascism of Fashion, the Seifuku of Conquest
it's a good article, go give them some click count

Personally I don't try to dwell into Imaishi's work more than it just being an awesome entertaining ride but it's still interesting to speculate the origins of the theme and design. Interesting to note that the writer spotted the first episode homages to FLCL with Ryuko eating lemon to the last episode of FLCL where Naota finally being able to drink lemon soda and thematic similarity of Satsuki with Oda Nobunaga.
Old 2013-12-27, 00:53   Link #57
immblueversion

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...Huh.

Old 2013-12-29, 09:22   Link #58
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...Huh.
Old one. Yeah, it looks like a seifuku, but more like Satsuki's
Old 2013-12-29, 12:07   Link #59
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Old one. Yeah, it looks like a seifuku, but more like Satsuki's
Age is no excuse for why I never knew of it before.

Old 2013-12-30, 21:36   Link #60
tuckersister

Even though Nui is the killer, I still think the woman that Ryuko saw that night was someone else. I will keep this theory on the side until there is proof.
Closed Thread