AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-21, 07:14   Link #1041
Jamjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant View Post
I think you should check facts before talking about majority.
sorry. rather than majority, it should be.. most of the publicly known offspring of sibling incest since, well, not all is publicized (or even known by others) and not all of them are examined.

Besides the few that are revealed (which happens in our age) the only publicly-known example of sibling incest are those from the Pharaoh Line from Egypt (most half-siblings) and it is has been mentioned that others have defects or die young due to illness (though not clear on how many and how many were sick compared to healthy).

Wonder what the Yotsuba are doing on their parasite...?

TatsuyaxLina!!
"There is no plan which is without fail, and there is no battlefield without the danger of death. While victory and defeat may be decided by tacticians, living and dying will always be decided by soldiers."

Last edited by Jamjam; 2014-04-21 at 07:25.
Jamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:20   Link #1042
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post
sorry. rather than majority, it should be.. most of the known offspring of sibling incest since, well, not all is publicized (or even known by others) and not all of them are examined.

Besides the few that are revealed (which happens in our age) the only publicly-known example of sibling incest are those from the Pharaoh Line from Egypt (most half-siblings) and it is has been mentioned that others have defects or die young due to illness (though not clear on how many and how many were sick compared to healthy).
That's the result of repeated, multigenerational brother-sister incest. If Tatsuya and Miyuki had kids, there genes wouldn't be screwed up as say, Charles II of Spain, because it's only one generation.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:22   Link #1043
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post

I'm sorry, who is Jiegu? Rather than counter the parasites, I think it would be try to gain control over them through mind-manipulation
Jiedo Heigu, the Black Sage who want to avenge the fall of Dahan.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:33   Link #1044
Echizen777

With their loyalty, I don't think control the Parasites with MI magic would be very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
That's the result of repeated, multigenerational brother-sister incest. If Tatsuya and Miyuki had kids, there genes wouldn't be screwed up as say, Charles II of Spain, because it's only one generation.
It becomes higher if repeated but the risk is not negligible, even the 1st time.The fact that Tsutomu cited those 2 possibilities is an evidence that inbreeding could be the cause.

If he can't be healed, Minoru should have a child with Miyuki or Lina when he will be able to walk before his death .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 15:51   Link #1045
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by araragi92 View Post
Spoiler for pic vol13:

Not Bad
GODDESS
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 15:51   Link #1046
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks an army of magic using dolls will attack Japan, either because the black sage got his hands on Kudo's research or because they break free from their shackles with outside help and start a revolution that causes untold rampage?
where will they get parasites? those 12 parasites resulted from the mini black whole experiment the USNA conducted using a particle accelerator in order to study the matter=energy conversion in the aftermath of the yokohama incident when a large matter-energy conversion spell was used to annihilate GAA fleet . It was an accident that they appeared in the first place.
Where would the black sage get an particles accelerator and the exact details of the experiment and what happened during the experiment from? In order to make more parasites. An army of the parasite-dolls seems like a stretch to me.

Most likely in this steeplechase race kudou will use the parasite-doll to prove that's such a thing can be as efficient as magicians in order to achieve his goal. But he will lose control of the doll which will go on a rampage and tatsuya will have to stop it.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 18:20   Link #1047
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
where will they get parasites? those 12 parasites resulted from the mini black whole experiment the USNA conducted using a particle accelerator in order to study the matter=energy conversion in the aftermath of the yokohama incident when a large matter-energy conversion spell was used to annihilate GAA fleet . It was an accident that they appeared in the first place.
Where would the black sage get an particles accelerator and the exact details of the experiment and what happened during the experiment from? In order to make more parasites. An army of the parasite-dolls seems like a stretch to me.

Most likely in this steeplechase race kudou will use the parasite-doll to prove that's such a thing can be as efficient as magicians in order to achieve his goal. But he will lose control of the doll which will go on a rampage and tatsuya will have to stop it.
Check Vol 11, I forgot the chapter, but Pixie explain details how they reproduce.

About Incest and Genetics deffects: as I said it was really deep talk in the forum long time ago, like is not exclusively related to siblings, example: European and Japanese Royal or Feuds Families, brother/sister is more due moral codes than science issues, I not deffendant of the practice, I just like to give the point between the being "Political and Morals" vs Science POV, is common mith argue being family will welcome genetics problems, most of the information I got from a American friend, descendant of Germans Royals, he coulndt have kids and his lungs could only absorbs 42%, His Dad was direct blood line from German, Austria and Russian, even if his mother not came from that line, his deffective gens activated wih him.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 18:41   Link #1048
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Check Vol 11, I forgot the chapter, but Pixie explain details how they reproduce.

About Incest and Genetics deffects: as I said it was really deep talk in the forum long time ago, like is not exclusively related to siblings, example: European and Japanese Royal or Feuds Families, brother/sister is more due moral codes than science issues, I not deffendant of the practice, I just like to give the point between the being "Political and Morals" vs Science POV, is common mith argue being family will welcome genetics problems, most of the information I got from a American friend, descendant of Germans Royals, he coulndt have kids and his lungs could only absorbs 42%, His Dad was direct blood line from German, Austria and Russian, even if his mother not came from that line, his deffective gens activated wih him.
Lol, you remind me about the Targaryen in Game of Thrones:

"Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 23:50   Link #1049
Guest2

Quote:
They would get the parasites from where I first mentioned - stealing Kudo's research- V13c0 covers this. And from the illustrations it is pretty much what those 'Prime 4' people are trying to do.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 02:00   Link #1050
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
but didn`t pixies said that the parasites haven`t manage to reproduce so far? Unless kudou found another way to make more like its mentioned in chapter 0.

And like i said before kudou will use the dolls in the steeplechase race not as obstacles only but to also prove the dolls can be on par with magicians when it comes to combat in order to prove to the military that this is a better option of using magic into combat then using magicians themselves, one step closer to his goal of stop the use of magicians as weapons.
But i can bet something will go very wrong with the dolls and shit will hit the fan and will be up to tats to save miyuki and clear the dolls. Maybe he will gather them in one place and nuke them.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-22 at 02:11.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:12   Link #1051
Flere821
Lurker

(kinda) new spoilers:
Spoiler for Vol13:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 19:14   Link #1052
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
(kinda) new spoilers:
Spoiler for Vol13:
Well, I kinda guessed that much from the spoilers.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 01:27   Link #1053
azziz

Unhappy

Quote:
(kinda) new spoilers:
Spoiler for Vol13:
i think we all know kudou retsu's robot-parasite(i tough he had only one,so where does the other come from?)will rebell/run amock in the next vol.;but is that all there's to it?
won't tatsuya pixie play a role again,as the only one who can be trusted?
and what about minoru:how having one of them by his side going to help him(by improving his health)?
a shame there's still no summary,
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 02:51   Link #1054
Chimurry

I wonder how people are nagging about spoilers, summary or Translations when is "old" here, theres no written rule about it, Translators will relesase more quickly when people respects them and their RL, we known at least MKnR have translators, so its just matter of time.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 03:32   Link #1055
NutShell

^ at least pray and believe translator in good health and did not abandon us
Keep in Faith and Keep in your Ship

Quote:
(kinda) new spoilers:
Spoiler for Vol13:
as i expected, no way 9sc in one vol
when the ss come out maybe we will get another SHIP
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 03:59   Link #1056
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
(kinda) new spoilers:
Spoiler for Vol13:
we already had 2 volumes of 9SC, off course this volume will use the 9SC grounds to move the story along and the 9sc events will be on second plane. But i`m glad to know they will make the 9SC this year as separate stories and not use the main LN volume for that, because frankly speaking i don`t really see a reason to focus on this 9SC.
Old 2014-04-24, 04:08   Link #1057
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I hope it's vol 14 I want to see tatsuya genius engineering
Old 2014-04-24, 04:20   Link #1058
NutShell

Quote:
we already had 2 volumes of 9SC, off course this volume will use the 9SC grounds to move the story along and the 9sc events will be on second plane. But i`m glad to know they will make the 9SC this year as separate stories and not use the main LN volume for that, because frankly speaking i don`t really see a reason to focus on this 9SC.
yups, author was right to make 9sc(2nd) as ss, and now focusing in the real deal was quite good decision, as long i read the novel we never see a real protagonist/ villain who was a real deal, Ging maybe a villain but we never see how badass him

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I hope it's vol 14 I want to see tatsuya genius engineering
^ Tats not a part in 9sc(2nd) crew, Maybe we will see that in next magic great puzzle . . . and vol 14, I believe it will about field trip to Nara/Kyoto
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 04:22   Link #1059
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
yups, author was right to make 9sc(2nd) as ss, and now focusing in the real deal was quite good decision, as long i read the novel we never see a real protagonist/ villain who was a real deal, Ging maybe a villain but we never see how badass him

^ Tats not a part in 9sc(2nd) crew, Maybe we will see that in next magic great puzzle . . . and vol 14, I believe it will about field trip to Nara/Kyoto
Waaa why first time heard of it so why did tatsuya join 9sch team if its ok to ask
Old 2014-04-24, 05:08   Link #1060
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Waaa why first time heard of it so why did tatsuya join 9sch team if its ok to ask
because he didn't had a choice in the matter. first time around was selected as an engineer but ended up as a participant because First High was about to lose the new comer division monolith code and the whole competition, and mayiumi and juumonji had an idea that he was hiding a hell of a lot more magic power then he revealed that far. So they kinda forced his hand into taking a role in the monolith code and mostly because miyuki asked him which he could not refuse, sis-con for the win lol

Now the second time around he will not be a participant or so they say, he is still the lead magic engineer for the first high team but also the team lead strategist. But my gut tells me they will make him participate in the steeplechase cross-country race because the fourth high its kinda sweeping the floor and in order to not lose First High will need to win the steeplechase race and that's why i think he will participate and at the same time he will have to deal with the parasite dolls and kudou behind the scenes plots etc.