AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-07-28, 05:39   Link #54161
demino_hellsin
That one guy

harems are mostly mindless T&A with YMMV of emotional attatchment.

in IS' case, Izuru loaded up the girls with 50% water it seems. They rarely ever get any miles, if ever.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 05:46   Link #54162
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Mashiroiro Symphony.

EDIT: I take back what I said lolz
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 06:13   Link #54163
demino_hellsin
That one guy

First time I've stumbled on a fanfic popular enough to have at least 2 non-fanfiction related forums dedicated to looking for copies of it.
Old 2014-07-28, 06:30   Link #54164
Eratas123

What is it?
Old 2014-07-28, 06:34   Link #54165
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
First time I've stumbled on a fanfic popular enough to have at least 2 non-fanfiction related forums dedicated to looking for copies of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
What is it?
Please tell me us demino
Old 2014-07-28, 07:43   Link #54166
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Harem can be good very easily when harem ISN'T the focus

When harem IS the focus, deconstruction or parody are the only way to go.

...and have anyone saw Tempest lately? Anyway, very busy in the last few months, preparing for graduation (again, I was supposed to graduate last year)

And you guys who read mirrorverse might notice I always describe Icchan's voice as somewhat boyish, except maybe when she's singing, which sounds like this

Old 2014-07-28, 08:05   Link #54167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Torn by Renoa Heartilly.

Apparently the definitive Sasuke-Hinata OTP fanfic in the Naruto fandom. And there seems to be no copy of it floating on the net with the writer themself losing their personal copy. If any of you guys happen to have a copy, please send me one
Old 2014-07-28, 08:21   Link #54168
Eratas123

Not interested in Naruto, sorry
Old 2014-07-28, 08:31   Link #54169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

AH well, I'm just researching Fanfics that are famous internet wide.
Old 2014-07-28, 08:38   Link #54170
Eratas123

My Immortal and My Inner Life.
Old 2014-07-28, 08:39   Link #54171
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
"What did you say?"

"Overdose of Anti-depressant. He should have had died because of cardiac arrest by now."

The whole room fell into silence, except for someone's quiet, exhausted sigh.

"Although we have already taken gastric decontamination, the symptom still hasn't gone away. This must be one of the effect of his weapon."

"What is your advice? We need Ichika, now."

It seemed that Houki had to take all of her willpower to keep the voice as stable and calculated as usual. Around her, everyone's expression raging from grief, desprate to downright overloaded with emotions.

"We can't give him anaesthetic. It'd only be worse when he wake up. However, I've this idea. May I?"

"Yes, please. Anything that could bring him back to the field ASAP."

"Houki!" Dan protested. "He needs a rest! Pull him out!"

To make the point even more explicit, behind Dan rallied Kazuma, Kanzashi, Tatenashi, Charlotte and pretty much everyone in the room, each with a look that telling their disagreement to Houki's plan.

"Negative." From the dark corner of the conference room, Laura spoke out. Only her and Cecilia had choose not to join Dan's side. "He is too valuable for this situation. We need every man we've got out there. Either him or a dozen other."

"You..."

"Silence!" Houki used her authority to extinguish the tension before it could grow higher. "Let's just listen to the doctor for now."
I wonder about IS effect on mental health...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 08:42   Link #54172
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Torn by Renoa Heartilly.

Apparently the definitive Sasuke-Hinata OTP fanfic in the Naruto fandom. And there seems to be no copy of it floating on the net with the writer themself losing their personal copy. If any of you guys happen to have a copy, please send me one
Don`t temp me. I can see blindness

ADD: Can we just stick to the topic ?
Old 2014-07-28, 08:46   Link #54173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
My Immortal and My Inner Life.
Dammit eras! those were some rather dangerous materials XD

Man anything written by Gabriel Blessing seems to turn into an internet sensation.

@chevalier: there was no blindness. And I think I'm treading the line since I'm comparing fanfiction in general instead of sticking to one unrelated fandom.

In relation to this avenue of topic, I've yet to see an epic 100k+ word story from IS that's worth a damn to me.

Also, because Zero mentioned mirror-verse -_-

Old 2014-07-28, 08:58   Link #54174
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^^ That feat is very hard to do. Not to mention, I haven`t updated my other fics yet ><

I`ll be back soon. I have to watch World Wars
Old 2014-07-28, 09:23   Link #54175
Eratas123

Gabriel's a great author, though I've seen arguments that his fics dip into mary-sue territory and/or there's not much sense of tension. Reading through Hill of Swords I never once felt like Shirou was in danger since the guy can pull crap out of his ass that would make superman raise an eyebrow.
Old 2014-07-28, 09:33   Link #54176
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I did say overprepared didn't I? *huff*
Old 2014-07-28, 10:17   Link #54177
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

With fate, the only one I admire is Ol'Velsper. Other author, even some great ones, still could not break the quota that Nasu made. Except him.

There is only a few out there who could build their own originalities. The rest, well, another interpretation.

With IS, well, you know, it need great inspiration to make great story.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 21:25   Link #54178
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Babylon, you might want to read this first: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...review-sar-21/

And this: http://anarchangel.blogspot.com/2005...-idea.html?m=1

Unless you apply IS-grade technology, Bullpup is always less reliable than common gun.

Beside, does the SAR-21 could fire depleted uranium? That would be the first thing people come up with to fight with IS.

Finally, remove Vietnam from your ASEAN. There is no way we'd approve child soldier. We have already suffered that.
No need to get so offended Fire, IS is all about child soldiers. The EU massproduces them as cyborgs, while the DART just instituitionalized military schools. ISA teaches the pilots how to dispose bombs and actually fight. I'm pretty cynical about it myself, but I need some hippocriticism in my political setting.

Thats why I like using Irish so much. He knows what war actually does, and provides this dose of reality in this mutated setting. However he does choose a slightly different path to blind slaughter, which will come to light when the school becomes host to an anti-IS terrorist attack launched by 4 boys (darkjak's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I wonder about IS effect on mental health...
As a doctor, I must say that gastric decontamination has fallen out of favor... It's much easier to just maintain airway surveillance and wait for him to come out of the coma from benzo OD.

But that's just nitpicking. I am sure there are effects. Not exactly the same, but the CIA-employed Augmentors (space druggies) suffer from a kind of withdrawal when separated from their units...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-07-28 at 22:15.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 22:14   Link #54179
demino_hellsin
That one guy

after browsing through the manga and LN threads a bit, a thought came to me. How much would it change the playing field if superweapons like the IS aren't established as superweapons with overwhelmingly absolute advantage over all conventional weaponry?

what if super weapons like the IS were still in a stage where they had to prove themselves?

I think such a thing would make for an interesting story.
Old 2014-07-28, 22:20   Link #54180
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
after browsing through the manga and LN threads a bit, a thought came to me. How much would it change the playing field if superweapons like the IS aren't established as superweapons with overwhelmingly absolute advantage over all conventional weaponry?

what if super weapons like the IS were still in a stage where they had to prove themselves?

I think such a thing would make for an interesting story.
Why did you think I love playing with G1 and G2 Massproduction Stratoframes? Where normal weapons actually have a chance against them?

White Knight is the Mark 0 prototype that is anime-trope-ly superior to everything that came after it. Otherwise, G1 and G2 massproduction types I believe look clunky, can be defeated by conventional weaponry and they will still have to flee from nuclear blasts.

Effectively, they have just slightly better protection than tank armor with the ability to fly, but rockets, missles, fighters and helicopters will be their bane. Also, anti-personnel fire as their shields are better at absorbing a single impact rather than multiple small impacts as they use point defense shields and so can be penetrated by rate of fire higher than the PDS frequency.

The late G2, and G2.5 models however start becoming war gods because PDS frequencies start outpacing ROF, and G3 is ICBM level of banhammery. G4... let's not go there.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest