AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-12, 18:21   Link #281
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Kaede too cute! Need more imoutos like this in every season!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-13, 17:44   Link #282
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Futaba is back to her usual appearance...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 09:20   Link #283
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, I'm actually surprised by the revelation at the end. Sure, Kaede's traumatic past can be the cause of it...but I never even once thought about it. Maybe it's the puberty syndrome affecting her a different way...or she locked up those old memories somewhere.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 10:20   Link #284
eisai_haramasukoi

What happened to ponytail Futaba?

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised Mai's "scandal' got resolved that easy. Really helps that she got some help from her agency(?) to prevent further problems.

Wow, Kaede's issue could possibly be a lot worse that I imagined.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 18:05   Link #285
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised Mai's "scandal' got resolved that easy. Really helps that she got some help from her agency(?) to prevent further problems.

Wow, Kaede's issue could possibly be a lot worse that I imagined.
Well they were happy about the free advertisement

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-12-14, 19:52   Link #286
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
Well, she's a girl, so she probably feels free to occasionally change her hair now and then when she feels like it .
Quote:
And she's not an idol, which probably helped, so it was really more of just the kind of typical "scandal" when people realize a celebrity is dating then rabid idol fans finding out an idol has a boyfriend .
Old 2018-12-15, 07:30   Link #287
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm glad Mai's starting to enter into Sakuta's life and issues more because to be honest I feel like their chemistry has fallen a bit one note. Nothing but meta jokes and discussions about their relationship and Sakuta being perverted.

I'm surprised I ended up being more invested in Kaede's recovery than I anticipated considering how little backstory she's been given and despite how much of an archetype she is otherwise but it worked somehow.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 14:56   Link #288
Ichinotachi

Love how Mai and Sakuta's relatinship is progressing so smoothly. The way she handled the entire problem with the leaks about her boyfriend was amazing, on a way she made things clear with everyone choosing her words very carefully, glad that this problem was solved right now so they can be happy together without an adittional problem that can mess with them.

Is sad to see that Kaede's trauma was so huge that she lost her memories, I feel like this arc will be a hell of a ride with lots of feels.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 20:48   Link #289
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm surprised I ended up being more invested in Kaede's recovery than I anticipated considering how little backstory she's been given and despite how much of an archetype she is otherwise but it worked somehow.
I think it helps that the portrayal is fairly sincere. The character itself is definitely an archetype, but the show never made light of her trauma or her painstaking efforts this episode to overcome it.
Old 2018-12-17, 20:29   Link #290
HandofFate

still on Futaba's arc.
oh, she's a regular student? All this time I thought she was a teacher
Old 2018-12-17, 20:38   Link #291
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
still on Futaba's arc.
lmao
Old 2018-12-18, 18:24   Link #292
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
She's an INSTITUTION

Considering that she is the only member of the Science Club, that is kinda correct

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 13:09   Link #293
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that went much better than expected. Having to hold a press conference just for that was still total BS, though. Still, very glad for Mai and Sakuta, and gotta say, seeing their relationship develop so well is pure bliss. Hopefully Shouko-san had nothing better to talk about, though

Kaede is such a good girl, even if you can't relate to her problems you can't help but to cheer for her by the end. Sadly, it seems her problems run way deeper than initially expected. Does this mean all she remembers is being bullied and Sakuta? Or even worse, what if she doesn't even remember being bullied and her feare of the outside woreld is purely by instinct? Either way, good lord In a way, she's that much more admirable, since she doesn't even have good memories of the outside world (I guess that sequence with Mai about getting her along with Sakuta was no joke then).

Quote:
Which is also cute and sexy as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And she's not an idol, which probably helped, so it was really more of just the kind of typical "scandal" when people realize a celebrity is dating then rabid idol fans finding out an idol has a boyfriend .
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Still dumb to hold a conference just for that, but if it helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
She's an INSTITUTION

Considering that she is the only member of the Science Club, that is kinda correct
Both meanings are equally valid in this case.

Also, her calling Mai was PURE GOLD. Seriously I bursted into laughs when that happened. Nice assist, Futaba!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 17:51   Link #294
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The new Kaede is so much more bearable... maybe because she is less BEARable now :P

Old 2018-12-19, 18:01   Link #295
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hmm....the ending of today's episode was expected. After she was so excited about the next day after going to school at night, I knew it just HAD to happen; it was no other way it was going to go down, but oh did it so break my heart
。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

I know she only said a few lines at the end, but it felt like that Kaede was so.... tomboyish? Just going by her voice, it kinda feels like she wouldn't be shy or reserved enough to let bullying affect her. Obviously not the case, but that was my first impression after getting a glimpse of her original personality.

Also, random note, I expect a gif of her shaking her a-- to be floating out there already ( >.>)

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 18:27   Link #296
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, that went much better than expected. Having to hold a press conference just for that was still total BS, though.
More like there was a presscon to promote the movie and of course reporters would ask her about that pic.

Still wondering where Shoko fits in all of these though.

Aaaand WOW! They actually had an explanation for why Kaede(hiragana) was acting like that throughout the entire series! It's actually part of the plot! It's a side effect of her multiple personality disorder! It's almost like this series is saying that any imouto who acts like that to their older blood brother is in some way suffering from a mental illness!

Unpopular opinion though, I like Kaede(kanji) more, she's normal and is better suited to the realistic portrayals of stuff we've seen in this series.

I'm very close to declaring this the anime of the decade lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 18:41   Link #297
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
The new Kaede is so much more bearable... maybe because she is less BEARable now :P
*kidneys explode*
Old 2018-12-19, 19:08   Link #298
Keila

Ep12

So does this episode ending count as

+ heartbreak
+ mindbreak
+ none of the above?
Old 2018-12-19, 19:17   Link #299
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 19:18   Link #300
Requiem-x
The slacking one

This episode started with the unexpected, then things turned out better than expected, but then it got sad, exactly as expected

Also, after hearing the original Kaede's voice, anyone else thinking her bullying case was less Shouko and more Shouya? I know it's not much to go by, but she does not sound like an innocent victim... then again, this story has pulled more than one twist already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I know she only said a few lines at the end, but it felt like that Kaede was so.... tomboyish? Just going by her voice, it kinda feels like she wouldn't be shy or reserved enough to let bullying affect her. Obviously not the case, but that was my first impression after getting a glimpse of her original personality.
My first thought was Gyaru, of all things. Either way, I agree on your initial assesment, though this could also be the story playing us and then making so she's actually even frailer than Kaede-chan. This is the Kaede that got the bullying at full force, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
More like there was a presscon to promote the movie and of course reporters would ask her about that pic.
Oh, I see. Well, that's much better then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Still wondering where Shoko fits in all of these though.
Sakuta's own Syndrome, and therefore his meeting with Shouko (whether it was coincidence or it's actually connected is yet to be seen) must come from all that happened with his family, so of course Kaede's case will come up when talking about her.

Quote:
WOW! They actually had an explanation for why Kaede(hiragana) was acting like that throughout the entire series! It's actually part of the plot! It's a side effect of her multiple personality disorder! It's almost like this series is saying that any imouto who acts like that to their older blood brother is in some way suffering from a mental illness!
Well, it's not like Kaede-chan started all clingy, that only happened after she realized Sakuta was the only one in the whole world (from her point of view) who would treat her normally. Combine that with never leaving the house, and her mindset isn't that insane.

Quote:
opinion though, I like Kaede(kanji) more, she's normal and is better suited to the realistic portrayals of stuff we've seen in this series.

I'm very close to declaring this the anime of the decade lol.
Too soon to tell, but she certainly doesn't sound like a clingy anime imouto.

I can certainly see this series as an alternative to anyone who despises Monogatari's flamboyance and bizareness.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem