3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-06, 09:01   Link #21
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
To be honest... this episode quite disappointing...
Rias's not crying like in the novel...
Also... from the beginning, it's her fault... she's the one who asks him to call her "Buchou"
now that you mention it, I do recall that Ise did call her "Rias-senpai" but later changed to "buchou"

also, Rias never directly brought the name thing up like "Hey Issei, I WANT you to call me by my name", instead she has only vaguely mention it

I just re-watch the first few episodes, and yeah, no wonder why Ise never made an active move. Disregarding the fallen angels, Rias' first impression was just so domineering
Old 2018-06-06, 14:58   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That ending ruined the entire fucking episode.

It's the same old bullshit all over again. Issei sure has some shitty goddamn "friends".

It's always somehow the male protagonist's for girls being incredibly vague about what it is they want him to do. Fuck that shit. Don't reward dishonesty like that. This kind of stuff pisses me off every single time. Girls don't get a free pass for playing mind games just because they have a vagina.

And if his "friends" are sooooo aware of what it is Issei did "wrong", then why don't they fucking explain it to him?

How does this make any fucking sense? What sort of purpose is there in making a man feel guilty without understanding what it is they did "wrong"?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 15:05   Link #23
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well this problem could've been avoided from the start if Rias just voice out that she loves Ise instead of doing the pointless shenanigan. Same with the girls, they expect things to go they way they want instead of trying to make things go they way they want. I know it sounds harsh but I really dislike this part of the story because it just shows how shallow the girls are acting in their relationship with Ise.
I don't think the girls are shallow. Maybe they honestly think they are conveying clearly enough their feelings, maybe Issei's perverted nature makes more difficult for them to realize that he can be oblivious to them. But I agree that a simple word from their part could have probably avoided all the drama.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 15:08   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's just the same old same old "Boys are terrible if they can't read a girl's mind" toxicity that's pervasive in all of anime and in fact worldwide romance in general. I hate it.

Rias really has herself to blame for this. She set herself up to be hurt like this.

But we just know she will never come to such a realization. This will be like every other trashy romance anime where it's the guy who somehow deludes himself into thinking that they were 100% in the wrong and end up apologizing in a grand fashion as the girl is rewarded for her manipulative behavior with some sweet dick.
Old 2018-06-06, 15:54   Link #25
The Green One

Miscommunication in a relationship? Wow it's like that's something that happens in real life or something.
Old 2018-06-06, 17:17   Link #26
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I do feel the need to clarify something.

I mean of course, there are things that Issei could have done differently. I just really hope to whatever god runs this anime universe, that Rias will have her own epiphany.

I mean her mother did try to hint to her that she was doing it wrong.

I know this might sound really weird, but despite her literally throwing herself at Issei, I really do not feel like she has made her feelings clear enough.

We are talking about a boy who lives in a very complicated situation. He lives in a very strange world where every female he meets ends up hungering for his D, and while he does not seem mind this, I don't think he really understands how to treat everyone other than just "showing them kindness".

Not only that, but in the case of Rias, she is not just his club president, she is the younger sister of the current ruler of the underworld. And he is currently her soldier slash bodyguard. She is someone he admires. Not just as a woman, but as a person. I'm not sure whether Rias understands that if she wants him to call her by her name, she needs to make him feel like it's safe for him to do so.

Her question of "What am I to you?", when put in a vacuum, is actually an incredibly vague question. Of course it might seem more specific when you put it in context, but it's the context right now which is unclear. She, and probably most viewers, see it in the context of "do you see me as someone you want to have an intimate relationship with?" or perhaps even "Am I more special to you than everyone here?" (hint, the answer would have been yes if she just asked that question straight). But that would fail to take into account all of Issei's own experiences and emotions. It fails to take into account the fact that Issei is intimidated by both her status and frankly, being the typical woman most would view as "out of their league".

It takes two to tango, Rias.
Old 2018-06-07, 07:14   Link #27
Kirihara_R

.^It comes with different perspective isn't it ?

Though i get your point and you may disagree to me but in my opinion the fault should be blame not only to rias but also to isse and their mistake just show how inexperienced the two of them when dealings about love , which understandable since its their first time ( i really dont considered that fallen angel) .

"Rias should just express it directly" though i agree with that but that doesn't mean her actions are wrong . We must understand that its not uncommon for a girl for wanting to be confess on by the guy they like first before they admit it also and clearly rias is belong to this category . Now she made the style "im gonna show my love to you and how serious i am, so please respond back" but sadly isse "didn't" realized it (tough luck for the both of them) .

As for isse, who are we kidding here .. a girl kissing you and offering her virginity means there's something going on . It is his job to figure it out since his a "man" . I dont like the word dense for isse since ...you know

So we have this drama which i think its really not a bad thing since its like a test for them to continue to grow , mostly for isse since he is aiming to become a "harem king"

Last edited by Kirihara_R; 2018-06-07 at 08:09.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 11:04   Link #28
Ultragunner

^ agreed.

but to be fair for Issei, "skinship" within the Gremory has somewhat been desensitised and separated from the word "love". Hell, Issei's first interaction with Rias was him being naked with her in bed

Rias kinda "dug her own grave" by proclaiming the Gremory were very affectionate, even with their servant, thus Issei just made the assumption that there was no other meaning behind Rias' action.

Of course, Issei being Issei, he never questioned or noticed that only he himself had been receiving Rias' affection e.g. Rias has never kissed Kiba or Gasper the way she did Issei.

OR, Issei in the moment just had the biggest brain fart of his life when Rias asked him the question
Old 2018-06-07, 16:28   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well I already acknowledged that there are things Issei could have done differently. But to call him a shitty human being is going too far. And that is what the show is doing right now. That's the part that pissed me off. Everything made it seem like he's some kind of criminal who should be punished and suffer for some kind of crime.... Despite not actually knowing what it is he even did.

I'm sorry, I just react very strongly to "You know what you did" situations. Hits a bit close to home.
Old 2018-06-07, 17:35   Link #30
Bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirihara_R View Post

Lol seriously ?
Yep. From volume 1, which funnily enough was cut from the anime. In the anime Issei shifts from Rias-senpai to Buchou with no explanation.

“Anyway, Ise. You are all right with being my servant, right? If you have potential, then you will eventually stand out. And then, you might be able to receive a peerage.”

“Yes, Rias-senpai!”

“Wrong. You will have to call me ‘Buchou’.”

“Buchou? Can’t I call you Onee-sama?”

I got carried away and ask her.

I always wanted a “Onee-sama”. It’s not even a yuri situation, but all of the guys have a desire to call an older beauty a “Onee-sama”.

Rias-senpai thought about it seriously for a while, and then shook her head.

“Hmm. That also sounds wonderful, but since I operate mainly in the school, being called Buchou has a better ring to it. This is Occult Research Club after all, and everyone here also calls me that.”

“Okay! Then, Buchou! Teach me how to be a Devil!”

At my words—Buchou puts on a devilish smile. It seems like she is truly happy.

“Fufufu, good reply. Good boy, Ise. Okay, I will change you into a man.”

Well I knew Issei would get a lot of hate from this, especially from anime only watchers due to how Passione have decided to go about this chapter. They cut out most of Issei's inner thoughts for a big reveal episode. In exchange they make Issei look like a massive dense idiot, which he isn't. Oh well the episode was great apart from that. Hopefully next week comes quick so I can get past the toxicity I am seeing everywhere on other sites.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 22:42   Link #31
Parry999

Well that makes Kiba the worst best friend ever and Rias a inconistent twat. This is why Xenovia and Rose are better.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 05:30   Link #32
GDB

Everyone was piling on Issei though. I don't recall if Rossweisse said anything in either the anime or novel, but if she did I think Ravel's the only one who didn't rag on him. Otherwise just those two.

Though at least Gasper was kind enough to keep his thoughts to himself until directly asked.

There was one aspect of this episode that I REALLY liked, because it sets up next week's episode, but I'll save that for the next episode's thread.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 11:42   Link #33
Sparda4
Dark Knight

This whole thing that happened with Issei basically happens all the time with girls anime or not. SPEAK YOUR DAMN MIND. Like i'm 1110% sure even pailingual wouldn't have had an effect girls are THAT tight liped about stuff like this jeez. Ok this is mostly my bias speaking here but come on. The resolution to this is epic don't get me wrong but it's such an annoying cliche. The MC has a head thick as reinforced concrete for the main heroine's thoughts, just plain stupid.
Old 2018-06-09, 11:57   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's almost like this all could've had some foreshadowing early on to make things better... oh wait.
Old 2018-06-09, 12:16   Link #35
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To assume that nobody saw this problem coming is a bit strange, given how it was properly foreshadowed. You're basically saying that the people expressing their dissatisfaction are somehow retarded.

The problem isn't that an argument over the nature of their relationship happened. The problem is that Issei is the only one receiving flak for this even though Rias is also guilty (and more so imho). Also the fact that nobody explained what was going on, even though explanations are in order here.
Old 2018-06-09, 14:49   Link #36
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Rational thinking doesn't really exist in situations like this. Honestly this is all kinda plot device for Cardinal.You'll see what i mean when we get there.
Old 2018-06-09, 19:14   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ehhhh in my book nobody gets a free pass just because they weren't being rational. I mean, not being rational was their mistake in the first place, they shouldn't be excused for that.
Old 2018-06-10, 07:20   Link #38
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Yeah i understand your viewpoint. But it is what it is now. This part is the part with the most "problems" in the series so just try to put it into the back of your mind. It's "fixed" anyways 2 episodes later.
Old 2018-06-10, 16:49   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with forgiving, as long as it’s earned anyway.
Old 2018-06-10, 23:41   Link #40
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Rational thinking doesn't really exist in situations like this. Honestly this is all kinda plot device for Cardinal.You'll see what i mean when we get there.
that is true for Rias and Issei, but for the spectators to run their mouth and gang up on Issei like that...tch tch...