AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-26, 00:24   Link #521
Wandering Soul

Seeing Sakie in a swimsuit was a nice treat, seeing how fit Iron Man is was quite the surprise. It looks like Sakie isn't the only one who has "tricks" up her sleeve. I would ​like to see those two end up together.

I'm going to miss watching this every Saturday, but at least we still have the manga.
Old 2017-03-26, 00:30   Link #522
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 00:49   Link #523
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I had the opposite reaction to serenade_beta. I thought this show got better as it went on. The characters became less caricatured and more endearing, and the story deepened as well. Demi-chan moved to the top of my list for this season past Kobayashi-san. The latter is fun, too, but still largely a gag comedy. Demi-chan had real heart, at least for me.

The producers made a couple of decisions that I could fault, especially the Kurtz episode which went nowhere. It did introduce the relationship between Sakie and Ugaki-san, but that could have happened without Kurtz. Otherwise I thought the pacing was fine given they had to cram a lot of stuff into just twelve episodes.

I'm still wondering what happened to Machi's flame when her body was in the water. Unless it stayed upright the whole time and just played ball. Since submerging her head didn't cause it to fill with water, I'm guessing it is somehow sealed at the bottom of her neck. They never show us what her head looks like when viewed from below.

Despite the episode title, I notice hardly anyone did much swimming in this episode.

What a tease they were about Sakie's swimsuit, showing only her top and leaving us to imagine what the part down below looked like.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 00:53   Link #524
Ultragunner

sometime I wonder Tetsuo is teaching the wrong subject at school, he should be the PE teacher

we didn't get to see the others' reaction so I guess only Kyouko and Sakie are into "macho" muscular men huh *granted the two of them are already having a crush on him*
Old 2017-03-26, 01:09   Link #525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I picked up this show after watching a handful of clips of Youtube showing the flustered Machi trying to get some affection from Takahashi-sensei. Because of that, I had the impression that the show was entirely fueled on humor and things like that.

Turns out that the show would be much more mature than supernatural creatures goofing off.

We have been through anime shows where the concept of "monster girl" exists to spice up the normal interactions humans have with each other. There's Monster Musume and Jitsu wa, Watashi wa, for starters, and both shows involve supernatural creatures having relationships with humans. But Demi-chan wa Kataritai did a more scientific yet warm-hearted approach to how a demihuman should be treated. As quoted by Tetsuo Takahashi, people shouldn't throw away a demihuman's "demihood" or treat her like a non-human outright—demihumans have both human and supernatural traits that make up their identity and people must recognize both aspects to truly grasp what being a demihuman is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo Takahashi
"If you just see traits unique to demis, you'll miss their individuality. If you only see the human side, you won't understand their troubles. Both are precious. What's important is balance."
It's this kind of understanding towards the circumstances with Machi, Hikari, Yuki and Sakie-sensei that made this show worthwhile for me. Very few anime can show this kind of heart, and the comedy is a natural by-product of that heart.

Sadly, the show seems to have reached the latest chapters, so it will take some time before we could see more of the Demi-chan cast. I kinda agree with Takahashi-sensei on the last episode—we really could use more interviews with demi-chans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:35   Link #526
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

For me the show started strong, got me worried a bit around episode 2-3 when it looked like it might take a route that was too harem-ish for comfort but then recovered and finished spectacularly well. I really liked it, as far as this kind of light-hearted gag comedies go, this one really packed in as much heart and serious themes it could without it becoming overbearing. My only regret is it would be really fun to see more of Tetsuo and Sakie's romance as that's an interesting concept all on its own - enough to carry an entire show, in fact . But guess we can't have everything.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:36   Link #527
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
The moment all the demis went crazy

Spoiler for Tetsuo:
Yeah, that was overkill
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 07:36   Link #528
Ultragunner

I wouldn't be surprised if Tetsuo had a part-time job somewhere as a body builder/trainer dat body ain't something you can get just by ordinary exercise

also....dem six-packs
Old 2017-03-26, 12:49   Link #529
Magewolf

It was funny that Tetsuo had more of an apparent effect on Sakie by taking his shirt off then she had on him by showing off her bikini.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 14:24   Link #530
mergele

Really great show.
I feel comfortable making the following prediction: Hikari waifu 2017.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 15:50   Link #531
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Really great show.
I feel comfortable making the following prediction: Hikari waifu 2017.
Hikari or Vignette (Gabriel Dropout) for best waifu?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 17:04   Link #532
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Hikari or Vignette (Gabriel Dropout) for best waifu?
I'd vote for Hikari, only because Vignette is in a much worse series
Old 2017-03-26, 21:13   Link #533
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
My only regret is it would be really fun to see more of Tetsuo and Sakie's romance as that's an interesting concept all on its own - enough to carry an entire show, in fact . But guess we can't have everything.
There's a certain charm in leaving it to our imaginations just like the bottom half of Sakie-sensei's swimsuit-clad body.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 22:25   Link #534
nicky.
animesuki

Catching up with Demi chan these days; up to ep.9 now. Is this anime finished at 12 or 13 episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I'd vote for Hikari, only because Vignette is in a much worse series
Why do you find Gabdrop much worse?
Both are really cute
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 22:43   Link #535
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know ... its all good and nice, but can we leave Gabriel Dropout discussions for that thread? Let's try to stay focused on Demi-chan in here, okay?
Old 2017-03-27, 03:56   Link #536
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
There's a certain charm in leaving it to our imaginations just like the bottom half of Sakie-sensei's swimsuit-clad body.
In a way, but I still want to see a show about how a couple made of a human and a succubus manages to deal with everyday life. If they go to dinner in an elegant restaurant, will she wear a sexy dress thus causing nosebleeds to the entire hall ? How do they balance their sex life? Does the effect wear off with habit, thus leaving the man *only* as horny as a man attracted to a regular woman, or even less ? I NEED ANSWERS!

(possibly not in hentai form, though I wouldn't mind a bit of ecchi in such a story)

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 06:01   Link #537
IceHism

7/10

Hmm while I liked the previous episode a lot, I don't know how I feel about the finale. Everything felt kind of vanilla. Also boo no progress between the senseis.

I guess my biggest problem is that I just find machi and yukionna really boring. Especially the eps just focused on them
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 12:58   Link #538
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
7/10

Hmm while I liked the previous episode a lot, I don't know how I feel about the finale. Everything felt kind of vanilla. Also boo no progress between the senseis.

I guess my biggest problem is that I just find machi and yukionna really boring. Especially the eps just focused on them
Yuki was probably the weakest girl for personality, even if she had the angsty bullying subplot, and an unexpected taste for manga. Nothing made her feel very unique or real, compared to the cuddle-bug model student Machi, or the most spontaneous of genki girls, Hikari. The Yuki-onna myth very much prescribes the characters of the solemn and enigmatic ghost-like siren. Yuki starts off only a bit like that, then turns out to be actually quite friendly and normal, without a great character change struggle, so her personality ends up very middle-of-the road.

On the other hand, Machi's Dullahan powers are linked very nicely to her desire for physical affection; her pleasant model student character contrasts both with her endearing inner neediness and the sinister Dullahan legend. She has to think about her future in ep 10, deal with her crush on teacher, and manages to give him a charming speech in ep 11, though her face as she exits stage left suggests she's squirming with emotion inside. She gets my vote for best girl.

Sakie and Hikari have similar striking contrasts between the legends of Succubi/vampires, and their personality; though Hikari evokes the charismatic and theatrical strand of vampirism, in very much her own way. Yuki is the only one without such a stand-out character contrast, though she also has good points; but the bullying issues weren't some of the strongest. Likewise, the actual discussions of demi powers were often not very deep or enthralling; the premise was more of a setup for the lighthearted of some lovable schoolgirls and teachers being themselves and having fun.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 14:45   Link #539
nicky.
animesuki

Pretty uneventful last episode; it was like character appreciation day. Nothing wrong with that though, so long as it's the final installment (no season 2). More episodes would be boring, to be honest.
I give a 9/10. The show holds very true to it's title and expectations; it did everything it was supposed to.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 21:21   Link #540
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I honestly just skipped the non-Sakie parts. Sakie's search for love that isn't tainted by her nature, is a premise that's good enough as a romance story by itself. I'd be all over this series if that was the focus, but alas it isn't that kind of show. So really, just not my cup of tea.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, monster girls, school life, slice of life