AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 23:21   Link #301
Falkor

hmmm.... I'll try to do the rest tomorrow... sorry for the quality in some of them... :/
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:14   Link #302
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
hmmm.... I'll try to do the rest tomorrow... sorry for the quality in some of them... :/
Can you make me this one of this scene? I couldn't figure out how to cut it the size while making it look good

I know this isn't a tutorial board, but how do you lower the image resolution to just under 50kb regardless of the number of frames? since I noticed most of your gifs are barely under 50kb

Last edited by Red Lupine; 2008-10-14 at 00:32.
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:30   Link #303
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Someone needs to make a gif of when Nagi is learning to dance. I thought that was funny.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 01:06   Link #304
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Could someone make an animated gif (sans subs) of 20:40 - 20:50 of ep 2?

No need to make it small, I'll take the original size!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 02:26   Link #305
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
eh.. it's nothing like shana.... except for the harem aspect of the show and being high schoolers which isn't exactly unique shana traits...

More like wagaya sama and spice and wolf than shana...
agreed, (i'm not a shana fan >_<)
Old 2008-10-14, 08:23   Link #306
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

LOL at Sharapova grunt reference Reckoner. Hmmm... Sharapova is getting pretty popular in anime nowadays. She was referenced in Hyakko and one other I'm forgetting. About three references recently. No love for Nadal, eh?

As for the ep, it was a nice quarrel-and-makeup episode. And the animation looks deceptively good at spots. It's like it uses more frames per second than many other anime at spots.

Also, the ED is definitely one of my faves this season. So relaxing and yet so sad...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 08:42   Link #307
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Hmmm... Sharapova is getting pretty popular in anime nowadays.
Yeah, she's pretty popular over there, done a few commercials and even made an appearance in a tv drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Someone needs to make a gif of when Nagi is learning to dance. I thought that was funny.
Agreed, that scene always gets a chuckle out of me.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 09:32   Link #308
TrueKnight

Funny episode overall. Seems like Nagi is a lousy god and poor Jin had to keep up with her.

Plus episode 2 animation quality and consistency was simply outstanding. It made me wonder if they can keep it up till the rest of the series. This anime gots lots of budget it seems.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:01   Link #309
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Damn this 2nd episode was HILARIOUS xD
I like the way this anime is going but... will there be any romance between Nagi and Jin? Then again, if there were Jin seems like the "dumbass" type who wouldn't do crap even if the girl is all over her.

Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-10-14, 11:47   Link #310
JediNight
キズランダム

Nagi is an oddity. She doesn't know about a lot of stuff, then suddenly pulls "obscure" pop culture references out of nowhere...

Although they tie in the Sharapova tennis thing nicely by having her watching tennis on TV earlier that day.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 12:17   Link #311
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Nagi is an oddity. She doesn't know about a lot of stuff, then suddenly pulls "obscure" pop culture references out of nowhere...

Although they tie in the Sharapova tennis thing nicely by having her watching tennis on TV earlier that day.
Whimsical people are random. I have a friend like that in real life sans the divine origins.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:20   Link #312
Ottocycle

DVD announcements are out on the official site. A notable extra is the ending illustration pinup for each episode, making it 2/DVD. Ep1's by Kadowaki Satoshi, chief animation director, and Ep2's by Takeuchi Takashi of TYPE-MOON fame.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:23   Link #313
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Still shots of Nagi really don't do her justice. With her character, its a lot about the movement that makes her pretty. Be interesting to see if avvie creators can catch her properly.
Meh problem is they she has sooo many unique frames in most of the things worth making an avy for your either gonna have to cut down the color quality alot and even then your still gonna end up killing alot of frames thus defeating the purpose of trying to capture her animated goodness...

So you get left with at best capturing incredibly short snips of her motion like Falk did, which lacks the fluidity I'd love to capture in her longer motions...

This is why I went back to statics heh...

*edit*

Just because I didn't wanna trash it...Very AS-unfriendly Nagi.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:42   Link #314
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Is there native 720p broadcast for this series? I think the animation deserves to be watched in that format...

Here's my contributions:

Yeah... the picture quality of the first gif is sub-par. I'll see what I can do to make it better.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:56   Link #315
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
Damn this 2nd episode was HILARIOUS xD
I like the way this anime is going but... will there be any romance between Nagi and Jin? Then again, if there were Jin seems like the "dumbass" type who wouldn't do crap even if the girl is all over her....
I don't expect romance between them, but only because she's a goddess and so far above him. He certainly has ecchi thoughts and was at least once about to touch her when she was asleep, until she woke up. This is total comedy, so I'm not sure whether we should take anything seriously, but it seems to me that he has some inner strength. His embarrassment was apparently something added in the anime, and I expect it was just a passing bit of humor, and he will be a fairly strong protagonist. I wouldn't be surprised to see something between him and Tsugumi. Maybe.

This whole show is hilarious, so far. And 2channel seems to think so, too. We're blowing through almost a thousand posts a day, and it's up to over 21,000 posts now. Toradora is at 22,000, but it was several thousand ahead a few days ago, so Kannagi is catching up. Well see what happens after the next ep of Toradora is broadcast, in less than 24 hours from now.

I thought this new Yamakan show might catch fire with otaku, like Lucky Star and Suzumiya Haruhi, and maybe it is. There's now a Japanese wiki where stray facts about it will be posted. All the episode staff are there already, up to ep6. There is still only a jp Wikipedia entry for the manga, with anime info mixed in, and no en Wikipedia page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 14:09   Link #316
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Yamakan has a golden touch. Why Kyoto Animation kick his ass out of the studio during Lucky Star? Did not make sense at all.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:27   Link #317
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not to derail the thread; but there are a couple of theories.
1) If you look at the first four episodes of Lucky*Star, they're a fairly close rendition of the source 4-koma skits with only minor 'easter eggs' or 'cultural references' or 'product placement'. The "gods" wanted much much more and perhaps he resisted.
2) He got caught in the internal office politics; perhaps pissed off the wrong guy.

The second is more likely but it is also clear that the tenor of the series went dramatically towards stuffing product references into the series after he left.

Whatever --- I like what I've seen him do because he seems respectful of the material.

I do believe that Kannagi and Toradora are my favorites for the season. In second tier is Kyou no Go no Ni - mostly because it lead me to the superb OVAs; and perhaps Hyakko (not as happy with it as I originally thought).

There's a few in third tier but I find them more easily forgettable when not actually watching them.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:29   Link #318
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see something between him and Tsugumi. Maybe.
She looks to be the typical 'girl who's love shall never be returned'. Basically Jin will never look at her more then a childhood friend.

I hope i'm wrong though, because i don't want to be heartbroken seeing her going all at it and being heartbroken herself.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:34   Link #319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I already find myself bracing for a bit of bittersweet ... Kannagi is probably unobtainable because in the end, she's got to do her kami duties. And Tsugumi seems stuck in that "I just don't think of you that way" tragic trap.

Trying not to inject my wishes into the storyline though....
Old 2008-10-14, 15:10   Link #320
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If anything, she'll win by what a lot of childhood friends do... win by 'default' if you know what I mean.

Honestly though, the manga is still ongoing, and AFAIK this show is only one cour in length. Pretty damn sure this is going to be a 'no winner' ending, setting things up for a continuation in the manga or (hopefully) a second season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen