AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-16, 22:30   Link #2501
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
No, its actually TEKKAMAN BUREIDO!!

lol this thread is really becoming a chatting and bashing thread.
Dude, that's what this thread has been for the longest time. lol. Though it has been quiet lately. Guess news of the licensing brought back horrid memories of this show and inspired bashing it once more. I mean, it really is mind boggling why they would license it.
Old 2009-02-17, 00:34   Link #2502
Nosauz

boom 6 pages about benjamin franklin that probably have more plot than Dnaughts all in an hour and half /flex, that also my essay probalby has more character development than Dnaughts zing. sigh why was this show so bad

thanks for getting me the name, brings back good memories
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 06:40   Link #2503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yea, Tekkaman Blade is the name of the anime.
Yep, and one of my favorite shows of all time. People should do something awesome and go watch Tekkaman Blade instead of talking about Dragonaut.
Old 2009-02-17, 12:08   Link #2504
Molenir

Quote:
I mean, it really is mind boggling why they would license it.
I can only think, that maybe they were offered it in a package deal. Take this one too type of thing. So many other shows never get licensed, just amazing that something as bad as this would.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 15:32   Link #2505
Xander

This is one of the few series that deserves to be bashed as much as it is, unlike a lot of the exaggerated criticisms for other recent but flawed popular shows which at least had some moderately interesting or compelling factors, because by the time Dragonaut ended everything was too boring, predictable and outright dumb, even for someone like me who at first expected this to be an average show.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 15:46   Link #2506
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Dude, that's what this thread has been for the longest time. lol. Though it has been quiet lately. Guess news of the licensing brought back horrid memories of this show and inspired bashing it once more. I mean, it really is mind boggling why they would license it.
the same reason why any other crappy anime filled with fan service. they divert you from the crappy accident of events to womens'/girls's chests and other various parts.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 20:18   Link #2507
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Or you can just skip most of the plot and turn it into near constant fanservice like most of kanokan. Granted I only made it through a couple episodes of that show.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 16:35   Link #2508
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Or you can just skip most of the plot and turn it into a constant fanservice like most of kanokan. Granted I only made it through a couple episodes of that show.
corrected that line for you, the titles are always misleading but it only turns out to be a something rather tame for the series in the end. maybe 1% was non-fanservice (comedy) the rest was fanservice. ie kanokon 8. Go In Together? 9. Feels Too Good? 10. Show Some Restraint?
Old 2009-02-18, 20:26   Link #2509
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
You know a show is bad when the fansubber wishes for his own death at the end of every episode.
Hey, I didn`t wish for it at the end of every episode. At least not the ones involving Akira. They just had to kill the only cool character in the show.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 20:53   Link #2510
X207
Gamyūsa

the only cool characters were akira and toa (b4 she went off to the moon). another cool character was thatnatos. if the stupid love conquers anything failed then it wouldve done the viewers a favor of seeing the more annoying characters die off.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:31   Link #2511
zalem

I didn't like Toa. I thought she was ok in the first two episodes, then she became the damsel in distress of the series. So useless. Ugh...

I did like Akira and Machina though.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:48   Link #2512
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
I didn't like Toa. I thought she was ok in the first two episodes, then she became the damsel in distress of the series. So useless. Ugh...

she was fine until she dumped jin for the moon, the rest of the eps with her are rather unbearable. though i have to say the series is good up to the moment g10 left the bay to chase after toa. then it goes down the tubes leaving a rather painful aftermath of the whole series.
Old 2009-02-19, 07:10   Link #2513
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
They were alright, though nothing compared to the oh so lovely Garnet.
Old 2009-02-19, 11:10   Link #2514
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They were alright, though nothing compared to the oh so lovely Garnet.
Garnet is what got me through this anime for all the wrong reasons

Spoiler for Two "BIG" reasons why you should endure Dragonaut:

Last edited by FruitsPunchSamurai; 2009-02-19 at 14:48.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:11   Link #2515
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Garnet is what got me through this anime for all the wrong reasons

Spoiler for Two "BIG" reasons why you should endure Dragonaut:
Mate, Machina offers another couple of reasons to watch this otherwise detestable show

... and let's not forget Sieglinde for lolicon, Widow for goth-kids and Howling Star for yaoi

All-in-all, typical GONZO, as long as there is fan-service and crappy 3D, who cares about plot and characterization?

What I really find puzzling is that there is an audience that will actually pay for the DVDs in the states ... either intelligence is underrated or the managers on that side of the Atlantic underrate it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:22   Link #2516
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Mate, Machina offers another couple of reasons to watch this otherwise detestable show

... and let's not forget Sieglinde for lolicon, Widow for goth-kids and Howling Star for yaoi

All-in-all, typical GONZO, as long as there is fan-service and crappy 3D, who cares about plot and characterization?

What I really find puzzling is that there is an audience that will actually pay for the DVDs in the states ... either intelligence is underrated or the managers on that side of the Atlantic underrate it
Who knows? My only gripe if whether or not FUNI paid for the licensed hoping to gain a profit or if they got it for free (going with the former) the only thing to go back on is their relationship with Gonzo and the Witchblade DVDs solid sales in the US.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 20:47   Link #2517
BusterSword
Outcast

dunno why some people don't like this anime, I like it a lot o_o lol
BusterSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 22:05   Link #2518
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterSword View Post
Wow, they do exist.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 17:17   Link #2519
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterSword View Post
probably bc the capture, escape circle gets annoying, a weird cry baby that switches sides faster than you can blink. also probably bc the crappy lesson that e25 teaches: love alone can never be beaten by any oversized dragon. mostly bc kazuki destroys the series imo. why would any one wear panties on his/her head to cover a tiny scar from a catastophic "unsurvivable" explosion. sure the boom was big but to get so worked up over a tiny sar is hilarious.

the only proper ending for dragOOnauts would be thanatos destroying the world then selfimplode from the shame of ever merging with such a planet.
Old 2009-02-26, 20:56   Link #2520
BusterSword
Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
probably bc the capture, escape circle gets annoying, a weird cry baby that switches sides faster than you can blink. also probably bc the crappy lesson that e25 teaches: love alone can never be beaten by any oversized dragon. mostly bc kazuki destroys the series imo. why would any one wear panties on his/her head to cover a tiny scar from a catastophic "unsurvivable" explosion. sure the boom was big but to get so worked up over a tiny sar is hilarious.

the only proper ending for dragOOnauts would be thanatos destroying the world then selfimplode from the shame of ever merging with such a planet.
what the hell? LOL i dunno what you mean
the scar thing I didnt even realize it was panties until someone said it, I thought it was just a patch with a extra strap lol
BusterSword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi