AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 06:17   Link #1301
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
What is the whole thing about Nanoha? Is it to befriend an enemy? Or everyone lives happily ever after?
One of the most weirdest thing I saw was Nanoha's blast, it was so power enough to vaporize no. 4 and no. 12? 10? but instead knocks them out.
Pink beams of doom. That's about it.

Here in Nanoverse, magic can be dealt magically. You can turn a car into burnt scrap metal, you can control the weather, but if you so desire, you won't be able to deal fatal physical damage.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:47   Link #1302
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
I just heard that somewhere in the bonus materials it's stated, that Vita and Fate had their limiters released during their fights in episode 17. Is that true? It don't really make sense if that's true.
It wouldn't make sense if they hadn't been released. Vita was fighting an S-rank mage, if she was limited to being an A-rank during that fight Zest would have flattened her. Same thing for Fate, she was fighting two close-combat type opponents who were S-rank in physical strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
What do we have about Orussia? The way they're governed, social situation, etc...

info will be much appreciated.
The precise government is unknown, but in terms of social status, Orussia is a nationalistic world torn apart by racism and embroiled in civil war. Runessa notes that even with Mid's disasters such as the JS incident, she still finds Mid an unbelievably peaceful world.

Runessa herself was a child soldier, so the wars there get pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
As long as we're on SSX, is there any mention given to what sort of technology grants the Mariage their abilities? Is it some form of viral nanotech or combat cyborg technology or something?
It is probably not combat cyborg technology, as Jail expressed no particular interest in it. Claiming 'not to be interested' in Toredia's 'human based research'

What we do know is that Ixpellia is the source of it all in more ways than one. Ixpellia produces control cores for the Mariages within her body, which would mean that your first guess of it being some form of viral nanotech is fairly accurate.

They're like a combination of the Borg, zombies and the second Terminator. They can 'assimilate' corpses and turn them into one of their own, and have the ability to liquefy and shape their bodies into weapons. A viral or parasitic source causing this mutation sounds the most likely.

They also self-destruct when immobilized, so capturing one would be rather difficult.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:58   Link #1303
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

Quote:
Pink beams of doom. That's about it.

Here in Nanoverse, magic can be dealt magically. You can turn a car into burnt scrap metal, you can control the weather, but if you so desire, you won't be able to deal fatal physical damage.
True, I think this is how it steps away from Dragon Ball Z
Well after reading many Nanoha mangas today all the enemies, well almost became friends with the protagonist thus making Nanoha's theme friendship...
Old 2009-05-19, 07:52   Link #1304
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The precise government is unknown, but in terms of social status, Orussia is a nationalistic world torn apart by racism and embroiled in civil war. Runessa notes that even with Mid's disasters such as the JS incident, she still finds Mid an unbelievably peaceful world.

Runessa herself was a child soldier, so the wars there get pretty bad.
Ah, thanks, Keroko. Now I've got a homeworld for Hummer Haflinger and an OC.
Old 2009-05-19, 14:31   Link #1305
Iromaru

Quote:
It wouldn't make sense if they hadn't been released. Vita was fighting an S-rank mage, if she was limited to being an A-rank during that fight Zest would have flattened her. Same thing for Fate, she was fighting two close-combat type opponents who were S-rank in physical strength.
Well maybe that's just me, but I always thought they had limiters active back then. Zest might have been S rank, but he was a dying man much weaker than in his prime, and Vita's unison was better. Besides he was a nice guy and he thought he's fighting a little girl. He got serious only when Agito was in danger. I really can't believe that he could overwhelm full power Vita like he did at the end. Same goes for Fate, she was loosing against enemies she easily overpowered later, while inside a powerfull AMF and with Jail on her back too. If their limiters really were lifted then this whole rank system is seriously messed up.

And weren't all captains and vice-captains limited down to AA rank?
Old 2009-05-19, 14:44   Link #1306
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Captains were two ranks down. Vita is a AAA+ rank, two ranks down makes her an A+ rank. And while Zest may have been a dieing man, that does not mean he suddenly was not an S-rank opponent. His pains only set in after he wrecks his body using Full Drive.

So let's assume Vita had her limiter on. Now we have a veteran S+ rank fighter with a Unison Device that, while not perfect, certainly helps his fighting ability.

On the other hand we have a veteran fighter limited to A+ rank with a Unison Device capable of a higher Unison.

While her Unison is better I sincerely doubt that makes up for the 3 levels of difference in power. I mean, even if she wasn't limited the only advantage she had over Zest was her better Unison. Zest outstrips her in power, and even though his Unison was not as good as hers it's still a Unison. If Vita was limited, that'd also give her the disadvantage of going against an S+ rank opponent with only A+ rank powers. Much as I love our hammer loli, I doubt she would have lasted long against him.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:46   Link #1307
Iromaru

In episode 4 Nanoha said "and the captains, for the most part, are two ranks down". Moment later she say she's 2.5 ranks down. That's why I always thought that while Fate and Nanoha are 2.5 ranks down Signum is limited by 2 and Vita by 1.5 ranks, making them all AA. And I don't really think AAA+ mage limited to AA is at the same level as normal AA mage. Even putting experience and such aside, I always thought that limiters reduce their maximal output but don't affect mana pool, stamina, etc.

Also while Zest's magical power was S level his body was failing apart, that's why I believe he was holding back for his sake and also for Agito (she was paranoid about his health after all). If we assume he was fighting on AAA level and Vita was AA with a better unison, it makes perfect sense. Then when Agito's life was on the line he boosted to his prime to save her.

Also his last attack was without unison, against unisoned Vita. In the manga it was said that all the captains and vice-captains are close enought in power to defeat each other. That's why I just can't believe Zest could defeat full powered Vita so easily. Especially since he was killed by Cinque when he was in his prime.

But anyways my original question was if there is any official info on this matter. If there is none it's all up to personnal opinion.
Old 2009-05-19, 16:21   Link #1308
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

His last attack was done with his suicidal Full Drive, which basically throws down a crapload of energy in one go for one big attack. I can't remember the exact details, but it basically screws up his body in return for an überboost.

Anyway, I can't recall any official 'yes their limiters were released' but it might have been mentioned in one of the untranslated Sound Stages.

Anyone else have an answer to this one?
Old 2009-05-21, 19:33   Link #1309
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Does Reinforce Zwei know about the original Reinforce and what happened to her?
Old 2009-05-21, 19:34   Link #1310
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, she does.
Old 2009-05-23, 04:30   Link #1311
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

About Zafira...why didn't he change to his human form during the event in StrikerS where they were under attack by a small yet powerful squad of cyborgs? If he changed into his human form is there any difference?
Old 2009-05-23, 04:33   Link #1312
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

He was suffering from Shaftinitus. It prevents him from getting into the thick of action.

Jokes aside, there were so many characters in StrikerS that the writing team chose to concentrate on them and left Zaffy in the Recycled Bin. After all, people would rather oogle at Teana's zettai ryouiki than Zaffy's GAR muscly form.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:28   Link #1313
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
He was suffering from Shaftinitus. It prevents him from getting into the thick of action.

Jokes aside, there were so many characters in StrikerS that the writing team chose to concentrate on them and left Zaffy in the Recycled Bin. After all, people would rather oogle at Teana's zettai ryouiki than Zaffy's GAR muscly form.
Unfortunately for Zafira, Subaru out-GAR'd him. Which is quite an accomplishment since rainbows are straighter than her.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:16   Link #1314
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Zaffy was too busy being a fluffy puppy. (And I do believe rainbows and how much straighter they are than you has little effect on your GARness).

In other words there is no real answer.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:39   Link #1315
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
About Zafira...why didn't he change to his human form during the event in StrikerS where they were under attack by a small yet powerful squad of cyborgs? If he changed into his human form is there any difference?
Okay guys, enough with the joke answers.

The only real and logical answer I can find for this detail is one of the things that piss me off more of StrikerS, the producers were either lazy to draw Zaphira's human form or they simply ignore him to give more importance to the stupid forwards (and this is bad because Zaphira is far more cool than the forwards) , that way the coll and bad-ass werewolf from A's just take the roll of a nanny here. -_-

Damn you 7arcs.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:47   Link #1316
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In other words: Zafira was shafted. Exactly the answer that was given by Nya~n.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:51   Link #1317
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Exactly, there is no reason plotwise at least. His shaftitus seems to be getting worse too... *gets out the tissues and fanfiction* Don't die Zaffy!
Old 2009-05-23, 14:29   Link #1318
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Exactly, there is no reason plotwise at least. His shaftitus seems to be getting worse too... *gets out the tissues and fanfiction* Don't die Zaffy!
Waht the... O.o?!

I think I miss something
Old 2009-05-23, 14:30   Link #1319
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So far there is no confirmed appearance of Zafira in either Force or Vivid.

Understandably, that kind of breaks Shiny's heart.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:33   Link #1320
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So far there is no confirmed appearance of Zafira in either Force or Vivid.

Understandably, that kind of breaks Shiny's heart.
They're gonna add him, they must, I'm sure, they can't just put such cool character out.

Besides... I don't want to see Shiny turning Emo.