AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 20 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 02:51   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Eden of the East - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Eden of the East, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:53   Link #2
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Anything????
Old 2009-06-04, 14:20   Link #3
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

man i can't wait for this, sorry to ask this, but when does this air in japan again? (What does it correlate to for...eastern time in the US?)

edit:
So including this there's 4 episodes left in total right? Should be interesting to see how they wrap things up. Last episode was a bit slow for me considering how many questions have been raised throughout the series, and how little time left they have to execute/explain the rest...
Old 2009-06-04, 15:16   Link #4
hamstar
just passing by

basically the fat boy discovers that akira is a 'hero' and it was number 10 that blew up japan with missiles. It was discovered that the selecao moved people out of cities by lying to the people that there was an earth quake coming. the fat guy sends all his data to akira and when he decides to run out after akira et al., he get run over by 2 celecao. At the end the Eden group meet up with oosugi at the mall where he shows them the writing on the wall "ill kill you takizawa akira!"
Old 2009-06-04, 17:52   Link #5
ThoHell

Interesting episode. Fat boy is kind of interesting. However, it seems that with Oosugi's annoying behavior (mainly driven by obsessive fiendish jealous), he's going to start turning people against Akira, the guy is like one of those people who think "If I can have her, no one can!". So many needless lies and deceit, when all could be made so much simpler by just telling the truth. Anyways, looking forward to seeing how this unravels!

10B Yen = around 100 mil USD no? That's a lot of people, but hardly enough to do anything on the scale at which they are doing. Maybe they get some insane membership discount? Akira bought that hotel earlier right? Those things cost around 100mil USD, that would of been all of his money.....

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-06-04 at 18:28.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:15   Link #6
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post

10B Yen = around 100 mil USD no? That's a lot of people, but hardly enough to do anything on the scale at which they are doing. Maybe they get some insane membership discount? Akira bought that hotel earlier right? Those things cost around 100mil USD, though would of been all of his money.....
yes, what they pay for things should cost more to any nomal person. It was already discussed that a hotel that big in that area should cost more that 15 million dollars.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:22   Link #7
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yes, what they pay for things should cost more to any nomal person. It was already discussed that a hotel that big in that area should cost more that 15 million dollars.
That wasn't some hotel. Look at that building, it was a skyscraper. 15 mil isn't enough to cover that. 15 mil is like a high end house in Hollywood. But yeah for sure, he should be long broke by now.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:36   Link #8
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

First impressions...

Awww, why did the fat guy have to die D;
Not fair. But I gotta say, seeing him in his underwear wasn't the greatest thing to watch I love how his pants just flew away just like that by the wind. Epic story.

And I find it interesting that 1 and 10 are working/hanging together (?) even though this game is bascailly a dog eat dog kind of thing plus there's the supporter going around.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:52   Link #9
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
Awww, why did the fat guy have to die D;
Not fair. But I gotta say, seeing him in his underwear wasn't the greatest thing to watch I love how his pants just flew away just like that by the wind. Epic story.

And I find it interesting that 1 and 10 are working/hanging together (?) even though this game is bascailly a dog eat dog kind of thing plus there's the supporter going around.
Spoiler for Pantsu's warning to Saki:

edit;
My prediction that Involving people outside of the selecao will only cause them danger is proven in this episode. All them are working alone with Juiz and seems that they can team with each other, akira is the only one that has involved others. there must be a rule about letting people outside of the game know about it.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-06-04 at 19:08.
Old 2009-06-05, 00:37   Link #10
anomono

Quote:
Spoiler for Pantsu's warning to Saki:
Yes, he warned her, but he didn't say, "hey, you should stay away from such dangerous people," did he? While Pantsu is clearly taking a risk, he is aware of it, and was already involved. There is no reason to think that outsiders ignorant of the situation would be in any immediate danger though. Even the other members he met, while twisted, were not by any means evil.

Also, it is a bit exaggerated to say that their relationship is founded on lies and suspicion. The "game" aside, Akira has been honest with them, and is only withholding information so as to not involve them. If Saki was direct about it, and simply asked him, there is no doubt she would get the whole truth. Instead, she is taking a tack of cautious suspicion at this point, but the result will be the same when she finds out. There is no way that a lie for her own benefit would damage their relationship.

Quote:
edit;
My prediction that Involving people outside of the selecao will only cause them danger is proven in this episode. All them are working alone with Juiz and seems that they can team with each other, akira is the only one that has involved others. there must be a rule about letting people outside of the game know about it.
No, his interacting with outside people does not "only cause them danger." It also gives them an opportunity to follow their own dreams. Furthermore, to take part in reforming society, by somehow or other leveraging the NEET situation. In any case, he hasn't involved anyone; or are you saying that he shouldn't interact with other people at all?

Are you suggesting that Akira withdraw himself, and throw away a perfectly good opportunity to do some serious good for society? You seem to be implying that he can still manage without interacting with society, but that is absurd. You can not hope to affect society all by yourself, shut in a closet somewhere. Besides, it would make for a very dull story which would never be animated.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:29   Link #11
~BC~

@anomono

You seem to forget how he learned about Itazu in the first place; only after he asked the Eden group if they could crack the phone. So yes, he definitely planned on getting them involved. I mean just think about all the information that's on that phone and what it indicates. Government and police corruption on all kinds of levels and whatever other crazy stuff the Selecao have been up to.

Quote:
Even the other members he met, while twisted, were not by any means evil.
The Selecao he met before were all different types. There is no reason for him to assume that the rest pose no threat. Especially after he learned about "the Supporter".

The fact is he should've at least given the Eden members the chance to decide whether they wanted to risk their lives. But I guess if someone close to Saki does die it'll provide for more drama than if he was just straight with them. This whole thing with Oosugi is obviously leading us there anyway.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:32   Link #12
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I would not be sad if Oosugi died though.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:42   Link #13
~BC~

You and who knows how many people. That's why I'd put more on it being
Spoiler for episode 9 :
Old 2009-06-05, 04:41   Link #14
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
*whistles*
Bring on the intrigue, suspence and thriller, it's turning edge of the seat stuff now. ^^
It certainly is a dangerous game and it was kinda obvious what was gonna happen to Itazu, hacker that he is asssisting Akira?
Didn't think the other Selecao were gonna let it pass by quietly, heh.
I just hope the copies he's uploading make it but then again, heh
"Juiz... wipe it all."
How can you fight against a power like that? :\

Anyways,
2 eps to go and 1 movie.
6 Selecao exposed, 6 still hidden (iirc)

It does seem like they're gonna gamble this on the movie perhaps, or they're gonna have to pull out some serious stops in the last 2 episodes xD

(PS: Anyone find themselves trying to scan and read all data on the computer? lol
Bitch amount of text in there and a good majority isn't paraphrased at all. Methinks licencing such a series as this would need translation on a mass level.) x.x

As for Osugi, I don't have hate for the guy at all.
In fact the way it's going, here's a sudden thought to mind (no media basis for it, it's just my intuition, ponderings)
Spoiler:

As I said, pure speculation, but my writer's brain is kinda to decode his role in this. It's by no means insigificant, but time will tell how this pans out.
*Goes to have a peek at ep 10 written preview in the meantime* >.>
(edit: Bleh, another informative ep, means it'll gamble on ep 11 + movie it seems...)

PPS:
Did anyone else find Akira sizzling hot in that black poloneck?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-06-05 at 05:04.
Old 2009-06-05, 05:11   Link #15
anomono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
@anomono

You seem to forget how he learned about Itazu in the first place; only after he asked the Eden group if they could crack the phone. So yes, he definitely planned on getting them involved. I mean just think about all the information that's on that phone and what it indicates. Government and police corruption on all kinds of levels and whatever other crazy stuff the Selecao have been up to.
He wanted the phone fixed, but I doubt he intended to share its contents with the others. It would also be rather rude for them to rummage through the phone without his permission. To be fair though, this really was not a bright idea on his part.

That thing is obviously so advanced, that I wouldn't even look at it funny; chances are it is always watching and listening. I can't think of a better way to summon the supporter than trying to reactivate someone else's phone to abuse the system. Perhaps someone less technically inclined would not be aware of just how dangerous it is though.

Quote:
The Selecao he met before were all different types. There is no reason for him to assume that the rest pose no threat. Especially after he learned about "the Supporter".
I would say that there is good reason: they were all chosen as hopeful saviors. The members willingly accepted this obligation, and staked their lives on the chance to make a difference; they should probably be decent people.

Quote:
The fact is he should've at least given the Eden members the chance to decide whether they wanted to risk their lives. But I guess if someone close to Saki does die it'll provide for more drama than if he was just straight with them. This whole thing with Oosugi is obviously leading us there anyway.
No doubt, it would be better if he could be more up front about it. Given knowledge of the supporter though, it would be all the more unwise to share that information. At least in theory, he has nothing to worry about if he keeps to the rules.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:46   Link #16
n15738

Why he had to die? From my attitude number1 is the most cruel selecao killing people without any feeling even number10 who used to send the missile to strike japan was still panic. Don't fit well with the testimony indicate num10 is behind the scene.

About Osuki case.
He's a kind of daft man who think if saki doesn't love him, anyone can't be loved too but actually he's a sceptic and maybe it's a cause of death as pantsu was done.

refer to the information about selecao activities list that Itazu had sent before going outside. I'm really curious who will obtain it however, I'm really sure if pantsu posted it on the internet, the story would finnish rapidly than common.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:00   Link #17
golthin

The hatred for Oosugi is really getting out of hand. I have never seen such hatred toward a character besides MAkoto from school days. The hate comes from the AkiraxSaki shippers as they consider Oosugi an obstacle toward their favorite pairing. It is not enough for them that Oosugi already lost the battle for the girl, but they just want the guy to turn a blind eye and not worry about Saki at all.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:08   Link #18
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't hate Ohsugi at all. I just do not care for his character, myself. He's the quintessential vanilla leading lady's best friend, and his motivations are really banal in the extreme.

But some do cross the line, sometimes. Specially the shippers.

Old 2009-06-05, 11:13   Link #19
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Did anyone else find Akira sizzling hot in that black poloneck?
Lol, why yes.
I couldn't stop oogling him in this episode xD

@ Gothlin: Ugh, tell me about it. On other sites you wouldn't believe how many people want the poor guy to die. God forbid him to act like a normal human with jealousy and curiousity against Akira It'll be boring if everyone was a suck up to Akira too. People just jump to conclusions and aren't reasonable....but that happens alot when stuff blocks up their favorite shipping.

Coming from a shoujo fan, I'm used to that kind of crap but I don't enjoy hearing it much. Disliking a character is different from bashing.

*waits for subs*
Old 2009-06-05, 13:30   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
The hatred for Oosugi is really getting out of hand. I have never seen such hatred toward a character besides MAkoto from school days. The hate comes from the AkiraxSaki shippers as they consider Oosugi an obstacle toward their favorite pairing. It is not enough for them that Oosugi already lost the battle for the girl, but they just want the guy to turn a blind eye and not worry about Saki at all.
I am not AkiraxSaki shipper but I still do not like his character.

But ~BC~'s comment is insightful - if Osugi were to the one to die it would not have a shocking effect, since many people instead of being shocked about innocent dying, would be happy about it. Making a disliked by majority character die, would have an opposite effect as it would almost be like a dream come true for many, thus no shocking/dramatic effect at all, meaning Osugi dying is not very possible at the moment.
Closed Thread