AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 17:00   Link #2181
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
So, it appears through that image that Regilus/Legilis will be working alongside AGE-FX. perhaps the Vagans are split between remaining true to their "destroy earthers" and Ezelcant's "true vision."
thats what im thinking, why paint it blue, red and white? maybe a Physiological effect? I could see Zeheart going against Ezelcant after learning his true vision? maybe Asemu will save Kio?
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:07   Link #2182
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think Wing Zero's design is in EX-DB
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:14   Link #2183
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Did anyone notice the green bit on the Vagan Gundam's tail? Looks like it'll be a gun rather than a sword.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:50   Link #2184
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Did anyone notice the green bit on the Vagan Gundam's tail? Looks like it'll be a gun rather than a sword.
Yep, looks like a shorter version of the Gafran/Baqto/Dorado's tail-rifle. I like it better this way, the Zedas/Zeydra sword is ridiculous.

EDIT: Just noticed how the lineart and model kit of the Gundam Legilis is lacking the two stripes on its faceplate that it dons in the OP:

Spoiler:
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:17   Link #2185
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
So, it appears through that image that Regilus/Legilis will be working alongside AGE-FX. perhaps the Vagans are split between remaining true to their "destroy earthers" and Ezelcant's "true vision."
Not necessarily, could be an internal infighting but both still hostile to the Diva (like in ZZ). But the OP3 suggest that the Regilus is a strictly vegan. There's also the gundamjacking and re-painting in parade colors path.
Old 2012-06-16, 03:36   Link #2186
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
episode 36
Zeheart and Zanald are on a race to see who can capture Gundam first. Kio and Gundam AGE-3 is in bad situation. Flit was going to use AGE-1 to rescue Kio but...

episode 37
Kio is being kidnapped to Second Moon to see Ezelcant. Ezelcant shows Kio the "truth" of Vagan.

episode 38
Ezelcant starts to analysis Gundam by getting information from Kio. Kio in exchange wants Ezelcant to provide the medicine for curing the Mars plague.

episode 39
Kio escapes from Second Moon with someone's help. But there new Vagan MS shows up. Kio starts to have second thoughts after knowing the situation on Mars.

UNDERSTANDING ENDING CONFIRMED!! AGE CONFIRMED FOR TRAINWRECK!!!
AND HOW EXACTLY IS AN UNDERSTANDING ENDING BAD?

Would you rather have a full scale genocide you sick f***?

Gundam have ALWAYS went for the peace settlement in the end, not a full on slaughter of one of the sides, EVERY Gundam series I have watched so far eventually ends in some sort of peace, even if temporary

As for the AGE-FX and Regilis I gotta say the designs are quite nice (except for the FXs faceplate, I hate it, gonna have to mod it to remove that single line running across it)

For comparison the Regilis is NOTHING like Wing Zero except for color scheme, which happens to be the color scheme of practically EVERY main gundam, so that comparison is invalid unless the plot shows it the one original mobile suit then it will be similar in terms of PLOT. AGE-FX is yes similar to Quanta in SOME aspects (mainly the lead status, green remote bits, and lead status) but otherwise its a quite unique design which gives off a 00/Age vibe

As for the episodes Its good Kio get captured, he needs some interaction with the Vegans, and hopefully Asem busts him free, that will be nice to have some father-son moments, especially with the time they have been seperated

Since they're ditching AGE-3 for FX they better send off 3 in style, or I'm gonna rage
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 03:45   Link #2187
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If understanding makes a Gundam series a trainwreck, then the Gundam series as a whole is a trainwreck
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 06:46   Link #2188
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
If understanding makes a Gundam series a trainwreck, then the Gundam series as a whole is a trainwreck
it would be nice to see a new ending for a change, though.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 08:18   Link #2189
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
since Regilus is more less confirm is made by Vagan, what if the Age-FX also by them? unless Diva manage to get hold of EXA-DB to get the funnel weapon?
I find that unlikely, given how we've confirmed the FX as "the ultimate Gundam made by the AGE System".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
thats what im thinking, why paint it blue, red and white? maybe a Physiological effect? I could see Zeheart going against Ezelcant after learning his true vision? maybe Asemu will save Kio?
There other possibilities, like to show it's lineage relation to the old Gundam for example, especially if it's data was taken from the EXA-DB.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:25   Link #2190
Scorpiopt

I have a slight different theory , looking at the vagam gundam and how close is to the ghirarga in terms frame ( basicaly an improved version with new name)
there is a possibility that zehart changed side and that color scheme is just to differentiate it from its past ?
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 09:55   Link #2191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From the very start? Unlikely. We'll find out in the episode after next, as that's when it's supposed to appear. And on top of that, Zeheart is extremely loyal to the Vagan cause. Even his friendship with the Earthers Asem and Romary wasn't enough to make him step from that path, only for him to want them to step from theirs.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:13   Link #2192
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Looking at the pic, isn't there a chance that the Legilus might actually just preparing to face the AGE-FX? It could be the FX's ally just ready and waiting to back it up but I don't actually see it doing anything to the Danazine per say, since the FX is appearing to slaughter it with its sword.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:29   Link #2193
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
AND HOW EXACTLY IS AN UNDERSTANDING ENDING BAD?

Would you rather have a full scale genocide you sick f***?

Gundam have ALWAYS went for the peace settlement in the end, not a full on slaughter of one of the sides, EVERY Gundam series I have watched so far eventually ends in some sort of peace, even if temporary

As for the AGE-FX and Regilis I gotta say the designs are quite nice (except for the FXs faceplate, I hate it, gonna have to mod it to remove that single line running across it)

For comparison the Regilis is NOTHING like Wing Zero except for color scheme, which happens to be the color scheme of practically EVERY main gundam, so that comparison is invalid unless the plot shows it the one original mobile suit then it will be similar in terms of PLOT. AGE-FX is yes similar to Quanta in SOME aspects (mainly the lead status, green remote bits, and lead status) but otherwise its a quite unique design which gives off a 00/Age vibe

As for the episodes Its good Kio get captured, he needs some interaction with the Vegans, and hopefully Asem busts him free, that will be nice to have some father-son moments, especially with the time they have been seperated

Since they're ditching AGE-3 for FX they better send off 3 in style, or I'm gonna rage
So Nu Gundam, Unicorn Gundam and Gundam EZ8 are not main gundams, right....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 14:28   Link #2194
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't see why you're splitting hairs about that.
Old 2012-06-16, 14:34   Link #2195
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
it would be nice to see a new ending for a change, though.
Well for the record Gundamn 0079 and other similar offshoots of it ended with one side being defeated.

I mean the Federation defeated Zeon and left Side 3 as independent but with a friendly government. Pretty much how most wars goes anyways.

SEED/DESTINY I think were one of the few series where one side wanted to genocide everybody.

AGE......I'm not 100% but it's about the Gundam being a saviour and to end the war (And genocide defintely itsn't part of that). In this case the only way to end the war is to defeat Ezcelant as from what I can see not only does he have the entire vagan population brainwashed into following him (and not afraid to take their lives either), but he's holding them hostage with a cure to keep them under control.

It'd make sense for AGE to end where the AGE gundam saves both the Vagans and the Earthlings IMO.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 14:49   Link #2196
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well for the record Gundamn 0079 and other similar offshoots of it ended with one side being defeated.

I mean the Federation defeated Zeon and left Side 3 as independent but with a friendly government. Pretty much how most wars goes anyways.

SEED/DESTINY I think were one of the few series where one side wanted to genocide everybody.

AGE......I'm not 100% but it's about the Gundam being a saviour and to end the war (And genocide defintely itsn't part of that). In this case the only way to end the war is to defeat Ezcelant as from what I can see not only does he have the entire vagan population brainwashed into following him (and not afraid to take their lives either), but he's holding them hostage with a cure to keep them under control.

It'd make sense for AGE to end where the AGE gundam saves both the Vagans and the Earthlings IMO.
MSG had somewhat of a understanding ending, between Amuro and Char.

SEED ended with oh-shit our evil dictator leader is dead, its time for understanding + more understanding with a peace treaty.

Destiny ended with a flawless victory + the most retarded understanding ending in Gundam history.

AGE though, i have high hopes for, Vegan military exterminated? Flit dying of old age when the final Vegan bites the dust?

Kio saying he understands the Vegans, then blowing them up would be great.

i'd love something new for a change, i dont care if they put understanding in there, as long as they give it a new twist, you know?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 15:23   Link #2197
monster

Quote:
SEED ended with oh-shit our evil dictator leader is dead, its time for understanding + more understanding with a peace treaty.

Destiny ended with a flawless victory + the most retarded understanding ending in Gundam history.
SEED and Destiny ended with both sides suffering major losses. The end of the fighting is caused more by practical means rather than understanding.

In fact, the existence of Destiny showed understanding wasn't achieved in SEED and Kira's talk with Durandal, and later with Shinn, showed that they are far from having a real solution.

So, no, while understanding (and tolerance) may be the proposed ideal in CE, the reality shows that they are far from achieving that.

As for AGE, I don't know if they're really going for an "understanding" end, but I also don't think it matters.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 17:03   Link #2198
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:

Yeah, I don't see how you can even begin to say that, because you're completely missing the point of CE (or have forgotten the point, or fell asleep watching it or something, which I don't blame you for)

"Understanding" as a concept is just not delved upon at all in the universe, which is more about how to impose your will (whether by force or by words or both), and whether peace can be achieved through authoritarianism or through people's will. And heck, the "solution" to war in both Seed and Destiny was left open ended, with no real lessons learned, because conflict was destined to happen again at any time.
Old 2012-06-16, 18:08   Link #2199
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The only way to make your enemy understand you is to annihilate him.
Old 2012-06-16, 21:31   Link #2200
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
The only way to make your enemy understand you is to annihilate him.
That's a cynical way of understanding the world..

Granted that wars usually serve to aggravate misgivings rather than foster understanding, there is this minority where wars actually provided the context for them to interact and understand each other. Recently in the perennially long Israeli-Palestinian conflict that was precisely what happened, a group of Israelis and Palestinians actually chanced upon one another, witnessed for themselves the same, brutal effects that recurring wars have upon both sides, and made a pledge to look out for each other.

Perhaps this kind of "unity in misery" situation can re-enact itself in the AGE universe, where by pooling together their resources their combined strength can actually bring forth understanding or at the very least create the infrastructure for one.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote