AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-15, 13:59   Link #61
AB079
Banned

What if... a summary is being posted here? just asking.

Anyways, I dont think we're going to see this anytime soon, my bet is for 2018.
Old 2017-03-15, 16:45   Link #62
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Dangit ... that looks very pretty.

Still anticipating this one!
Old 2017-03-15, 17:54   Link #63
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Dangit ... that looks very pretty.

Still anticipating this one!
Let's hope Kyoani doesn't fuck up this one too, considering it has fanservice scenes.

Still can't forgive what they did with Phantom World and Chuu2.
Old 2017-03-15, 18:49   Link #64
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Let's hope Kyoani doesn't fuck up this one too, considering it has fanservice scenes.

Still can't forgive what they did with Phantom World and Chuu2.
Considering this is published by kyoani themselves, the chance for them to fuck with this one is exponentially higher too
Old 2017-03-15, 20:52   Link #65
Alf

Hmmm....This looks like living. The voice is younger than I have thought.
Old 2017-03-15, 22:24   Link #66
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Here the OG version:

Old 2017-03-15, 22:35   Link #67
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Watching this PV reminded me of when I was immersed in the worlds of Gosick, Dantalian no Shoka and Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.

It's a heart-wrenching kind of nostalgia.

Now I'm longing for more.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2017-03-15, 23:50   Link #68
AB079
Banned

Just saw that PV and certainly looks great, the LN is good there is no doubt about it but this is Kyoani so they will promote the adaptation like crazy with their good visuals and in the end we don't know what they can deliver.

I really want to be hyped but I can't trust this studio anymore.

Now comparing the first PV from while ago and this current one, there are some changes that shows this will be a series, so considering the episodic nature of this story probably 12 episodes should be enough. The LN is already finished with 2 volumes.

Spoiler for Other details:
Old 2017-03-16, 11:09   Link #69
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Geez, they even manage to make such a tiny little commercial so damned gorgeous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Watching this PV reminded me of when I was immersed in the worlds of Gosick, Dantalian no Shoka and Ikoku Meiro no Croisée.

It's a heart-wrenching kind of nostalgia.

Now I'm longing for more.
Very much agree with this.
Old 2017-03-16, 11:52   Link #70
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I want to believe. But Kyoani has dissapointed too many times to not doubt them now.

Will they shove in a verbal tic to mess with the heroine and make her look retarded instead of natural cute/beautiful again?
Old 2017-03-16, 13:25   Link #71
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I want to believe. But Kyoani has dissapointed too many times to not doubt them now.

Will they shove in a verbal tic to mess with the heroine and make her look retarded instead of natural cute/beautiful again?
Violet is like a female version of Tatsuya, the difference is that she put her feelings into letters and she acts like that thanks to certain character.

How you can mess with that?
Old 2017-03-16, 16:02   Link #72
IceHism

man the designs here are really nice and the animation is as crisp as I would expect kyoani to be
Old 2017-03-17, 07:13   Link #73
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So you look worlds that look like something straight out of a late 19th century early 20th century period drama?
Old 2017-03-17, 07:39   Link #74
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Looks interesting. I enjoyed Planetarian... so gonna to try this.
Old 2017-03-17, 09:25   Link #75
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
So you look worlds that look like something straight out of a late 19th century early 20th century period drama?
Could be. After all I also watched Machine Doll and that was also themed around a similar time period.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2017-04-09, 01:02   Link #76
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
While that's nice and all, let's keep the focus in this thread on the upcoming anime adaptation rather than information about the novel or whatnot.

If there is not already a thread dedicated to it then feel free to make one.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:29   Link #77
AB079
Banned

Violet Evergarden is listed as a 2017 TV series. Please Kyoani don't ruin this one too.

"Composer and lyricist management company MiracleBus posted on May 1 that Evan Call is handling the music and Takahiro Ikeda is the music director for Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden anime. The anime is listed on both their pages as a 2017 television anime. "

http://miraclebus.com/pdre/takahiroikeda?query=tv
http://miraclebus.com/composer/evancall?query=tv
Old 2017-05-23, 00:40   Link #78
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Apparently the series itself starts in 2018 (most probably January). But the first episode will be pre-screenned at the end of October.
Old 2017-06-11, 00:21   Link #79
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i just finished reading chapter 4. there's an interesting problem in that there isn't that much dialog. there are a lot of thoughts from the associated main characters regarding the world and Violet. i really hope kyoani does something similar to how Kuzu no Honkai did the split frame stills and text written thoughts.

anyways, i'm fully on board the hype train for this. i really hope they do the adaptation well. the visuals look stunning for a tv production and the stories speak for themselves. i already know i'll be crying at least twice. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-06-11, 00:47   Link #80
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so i just finished reading chapter 4. there's an interesting problem in that there isn't that much dialog. there are a lot of thoughts from the associated main characters regarding the world and Violet. i really hope kyoani does something similar to how Kuzu no Honkai did the split frame stills and text written thoughts.

anyways, i'm fully on board the hype train for this. i really hope they do the adaptation well. the visuals look stunning for a tv production and the stories speak for themselves. i already know i'll be crying at least twice. haha.
That actually happens pretty often on vol 1, mainly because of the episodic nature of the story and especially because the scenes and what happens in the world is what connects with the character's feelings. Knowing how Kyoani works these days they will focus on the visual a huge amount of time, so they can convey those feelings inside the scenes, my only concern is the comedy segments and some ankward dialogue that is here and there... [*snip*]
Closed Thread