AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 03:05   Link #621
Baron-Zara

:O That was really cool. Quite complex though. Took me a few times of reading it again to understand everything. Sasuga Kamachi ^^ The facts at the end are pretty helpful

And time for Kyosuke to wreck some shit
Old 2014-10-05, 03:58   Link #622
morli

Ugh... the summoning system is too complicated I almost give up understanding it. Whatever, maybe someone from animesuki can bring sense to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Basically, a Summoner battle begins when special zones are set up using Incense Grenades. Most of the time, Materials can only be summoned through the area created by an Incense Grenade. The game begins once each player's Rose (made out of 216 "red balls") is hit for the first time, and the letters available for the player are dependent on which ball lands on one of up to 36 random locations within the area created by the Incense Grenade, spots.

Each player is given three White Thorns ("cue balls" in the snooker analogy) at the start of the battle, with one thorn created for the player every ten seconds. Summoners use these Thorns to strike the spots and acquire a letter which would be later used to summon a Material.
Wow, the best explanation I found so far! Billiard, huh... Now that makes sense.

Btw, anyone know how was the enemy killed by her own summon? It mention some white thorn and some equal number of sound. I thought you can't mess with opponent's white thorn?

Js06 is beyond good if he can dechiper something this complicated to english...
Old 2014-10-05, 04:36   Link #623
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
Js06=Touma confirmed
Old 2014-10-05, 04:41   Link #624
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamachi might be more cunning than I thought- he's has prepared a setting which can be 'ported' to a variety of games if this series actually takes off.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 05:03   Link #625
LazyHunter

The summoning system is actually more complex than I thought. As others have said is better to picture it as a crazy billiards game both summoners play simultaneously to build their summon name and defeat the rival (the battle between summons having rock-paper-scissors rules as to who beats who).
Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
Ugh... the summoning system is too complicated I almost give up understanding it. Whatever, maybe someone from animesuki can bring sense to this...

Wow, the best explanation I found so far! Billiard, huh... Now that makes sense.

Btw, anyone know how was the enemy killed by her own summon? It mention some white thorn and some equal number of sound. I thought you can't mess with opponent's white thorn?

Quote:
Taboo 1: An equal number of low, middle, and high sound Petals must not be placed in Spots and added to the Material’s stock.
Taboo 3: When a summoner has no stock of White Thorns, a White Thorn remaining in the field must not enter a Spot.
Apparently if you broke a taboo your summon will be replaced by the Black Maw that Swallows All which will devour you.

You can hit your White Thorns so they hit the enemy summoner's and screw up his summon.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 06:18   Link #626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And this is just to summon them? We haven't got to the summons duking it out yet.
Old 2014-10-05, 07:55   Link #627
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
The summoning system is actually more complex than I thought. As others have said is better to picture it as a crazy billiards game both summoners play simultaneously to build their summon name and defeat the rival (the battle between summons having rock-paper-scissors rules as to who beats who).

Apparently if you broke a taboo your summon will be replaced by the Black Maw that Swallows All which will devour you.

You can hit your White Thorns so they hit the enemy summoner's and screw up his summon.
So you can alter the trajectory with your own ball, huh. Ok, that makes sense. It's actually easy to understand it when I realize that those taboos is very similar with billiard rules .

Anyway, won't the MC use those taboos to defeat his opponent instead? It's the most logical thing I can think when he doesn't even have a vessel to summon someone. Unless he is Tatsuya reincarnation in disguise.

Taboo 2: You must enter sound petal into spot within xx time limit (maybe)
Old 2014-10-05, 08:01   Link #628
Breimoon

I'm thinking the taboo 2 has something to do with the lowest sound. Like if you manage to get all the lowest sound your enemy summon/your summon turns in the Black Maw
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 16:35   Link #629
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I just read opening 2. This is the Kamachi I have come to "worship."

Anyway, the ending of opening 2 was amazing.

Yes, it seems like Kyousuke has at least one quality that I love in fictional characters: he does amazing things while treating them like they're really no big deal.

That battle system is extremely interesting and it has a lot of rules. I can already see a lot of possibilities for how it can be cleverly used. It's extremely complex. I also enjoy the fact that the main theme so far is exploring the unexplored summon. This is beautiful Kamachiesque style.

The other thing I wanted to point out was that this is written in a way that seems very easy to animate well (especially the fight scenes and explanations). This is making me rather hyped.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 17:11   Link #630
Tenzen12

I am somehow curious about this novel (I liked IntelVilage and Valtraute), but I would like avoid spoiling myself by going through thread, so if I could ask few questions first.

1. Is it translated (where and how much/often)?
2. Is it good?
3. Does it provide something unique?

I would realy appreciated help on this metter. Thank you
Old 2014-10-05, 17:18   Link #631
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am somehow curious about this novel (I liked IntelVilage and Valtraute), but I would like avoid spoiling myself by going through thread, so if I could ask few questions first.

2. Is it good?

1. BT
2. Kazuma Kamachi
3. Kazuma Kamachi
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 17:27   Link #632
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

2. Is it good?

To expand on bakato's comments.

2. Too soon to tell, but I can tell you it seems pretty action oriented, and does posses certain cliches, like the craziest pseudo imouto you'll ever find (It is played for laughs, though).

3.The summonning process involves anti gravity magical billiard and yugioh-esque fights with fire emblem-esque triangle system. Do I need to say more?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 17:28   Link #633
Tenzen12

Ok, you conviced me

thank you.
Old 2014-10-05, 22:06   Link #634
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
3.The summonning process involves anti gravity magical billiard and yugioh-esque fights with fire emblem-esque triangle system. Do I need to say more?
This is like the best answer ever to a question asking if this series has anything unique to offer.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 22:13   Link #635
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Ok, you conviced me

thank you.
Glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This is like the best answer ever to a question asking if this series has anything unique to offer.
And I didn't even mention the yandere goddess Or the fact all the things I mentioned happen AT THE SAME TIME. Or the fun possibilities of the incense grenades.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 00:13   Link #636
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
2. Too soon to tell, but I can tell you it seems pretty action oriented, and does posses certain cliches, like the craziest pseudo imouto you'll ever find (It is played for laughs, though).
... and the most stalker-ish onee-san who wears a very revealing qipao... that seems to be a rare mix of cliches (more like unused?)

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 00:15   Link #637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Only the first two "chapters" were translated.
Old 2014-10-07, 19:48   Link #638
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

man this cliffhangers kinda gives some stress
Old 2014-10-08, 12:18   Link #639
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I finally read Opening X-02 and I have to say I love the summon ceremonies and concept. It's so crazy absurd yet so fun.

It does seem that Kamachi hasn't stopped his exposition-heavy narrative style, though which is perfectly fine by me since it's what I'm used to.

My only complaint was that I have a hard time visualizing this one scene as I read it.
Quote:
More specifically, she threw it onto a car of the unmanned freight monorail racing along the track attached to the bottom of the bridge.
After a bursting sound, the Meinokawa sisters were thrown forcefully into the air as if invisible wires were connected to their bodies. The shock was enough to knock the breath out of them and cause an unpleasant sound in their necks, but it successfully brought them from the harbor and all the enemies there. They slammed into the bottom surface of the freight monorail that was racing along at nearly eighty kilometers-per-hour. The car had a super-deformed image of a lion painted on it as part of an advertisement and Renge had a feeling the thing’s face had dented a little.
“Gah!!”
“Kh… Higan, are you okay? At any rate, we need to get up. This Artificial Sacred Ground won’t last longer than ten minutes. Do you have anything to tie yourself on with? If you don’t, you’ll fall off as soon as the effects wear off.”
Aside from that, keep it coming Kamachi.
Old 2014-10-08, 17:29   Link #640
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

These fights seem to go really well with Touhou music.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, summoning