AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 23:24   Link #15861
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Two possibility:

1. Somebody who is already in Engineering Department before the IS is introduced (Cite as having more experience)
Well, I'm saved. Co creator of I.S. (the one designed the frame) is a guy....

Quote:
2. An IS engineer Before the first batch of graduates from Maintenance branch.....(Maintenance branch could be recent thing which begins a year or two before Ichika enter ISA...)
Yes, more.....

Quote:
Edit: *(For the second one, it is due to not having any female IS engineer yet.)
Went below.

Quote:
MOAR Edit: Either way, the Engineer had to be experienced enough to stay in employment....
Which means the engineers is damn busy anyway since I.S. development itself is almost nonstop.

That aside, we could explain the dire need for female engineer as most of new system research did in I.S.A.

At the same time, since specialized female engineer has very limited number, you need extra (literal) manpower, hence the need of a lot of male engineer.

So, female engineers work in the facility in I.S.A. while Male engineers (notably lower priority) is working in their homeland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Well, IMO, engineers don't really need to be able to pilot an IS. All they need is a someone who's willing relay to them how an IS works, what can be done to improve/change its capabilities/specs.

Quote:
If someone really would like to see a male IS engineer, they can pretty much make it such that he only does maintenance but cannot pilot it.
"Male as Mission Control/ Support" theme that almost always works in female-centered fiction.

Quote:
The only combat value that would have for the male engineer is that he will know just about every weakness/notable strengths the particular IS unit has.
Ahoy, definitely this is what I aimed.

Quote:
Also Zero, how does my arcade draft look?
Top notch, but for the sake of rule of funny, have Rin freak out being beaten in Whack-A Mole game later.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:25   Link #15862
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
the learning part could probably subverted if there's someone kind enough to teach them voluntarily
The "someone" had to be an IS company...otherwise, it doesn't really count much...

Still most Company would most likely choose from a field of female ISA graduate than a fresh-recently-graduated male Engineer since they don't need to teach them(Engineer) about the basic

Save time and money to train somebody inexperience in the field....

---

This is why I mention that the Engineer had to be part of an engineering company before IS is introduce or before the first batch of ISA engineering graduate (the company reveal the information on IS for them because they need them to develop IS and there isn't any female IS engineer they could use yet....)

Edit:

If you are planning to have engineer same age or only-a-few-years-older as the cast: Forget it.

On the other hand....

Quote:
"Male as Mission Control/ Support" theme that almost always works in female-centered fiction.
This WILL work.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:43   Link #15863
Eratas123

Just woke up, what I miss?
Old 2011-12-31, 23:45   Link #15864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Save time and money to train somebody inexperience in the field....
Definitely this.

Quote:
This is why I mention that the Engineer had to be part of an engineering company before IS is introduce or before the first batch of ISA engineering graduate (the company reveal the information on IS for them because they need them to develop IS and there isn't any female IS engineer they could use yet....)
That or they need experienced, 'down to earth' engineer when you need to hybridize conventional and esoteric technology of I.S. (what happened in my fanon)

Quote:
If you are planning to have engineer same age or only-a-few-years-older as the cast: Forget it.
Hmm.

Quote:
On the other hand....This WILL work.
Yes, that will work.

@Eras

Latest Sacred Twin Draft in previous page. And General Hawk's as well.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:49   Link #15865
Eratas123

Already read it, just as dark as ever

Side note - Do you think punching the swimsuit thing the pilots have will hurt you?
Old 2011-12-31, 23:53   Link #15866
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depend to how strong they are in canon.

No really, that's how I perceive it. If we subscribe about how durable woven material works in real life, the swimsuit can hold the bullet out but definitely not absorbing the force and just spread it into larger area. Felt like squashed by sledgehammer.

So, a punch may work if you subscribe that theory, just much weakened.

Side note - I'm not going to restraint Blitz that much, but I'll compensate the darkness with romance and other serious (but not that dark) issue.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:58   Link #15867
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err... the swim suit doesn't not offer much protection.... on the other hand, you are forgetting about IS's energy barrier
Old 2011-12-31, 23:59   Link #15868
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Shadow is schizophrenic about it since it switches from Rom-com to discussions on morality and murder

Anyway, I'm wondering what would happen if a pilot tries to summon without the swimsuit. Also, how injured would someone be if they lost an IS fight and they crashed somewhere?

@ Treme - It has to offer some kind of protection. I don't see why they would leave the pilot completely vulnerable to attack out of the suit.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:00   Link #15869
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Age
It was stated in the novel that the swimsuit "Provides enough protection from light firearms" which means average joe's pistol or something comparable.

Of course, I.S. weapon are FAR more powerful, more than real life 20mm vulcan by default.

@Eras
The outer, restraining clothes will be stored inside the core, it was inefficient process if Maya has to be believed.

(in my fanon, this will leave only underwear, something thin and unobstructing enough for the system to ignore)

As for crashing, well, definitely less than someone without I.S. crashed. You can saw it from Maya versus Rin & Cecilia.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:05   Link #15870
agetreme
Just another Idiot

kind of forgot about that.....

unrelated note:
I wanted to type out a male Lead story but the problem is:

there is already quite a number of fanfic with male lead in them....

and frankly speaking: they are so cliche....that even I am sick of it......

darn..... going back to female lead instead.....
Old 2012-01-01, 00:08   Link #15871
Eratas123

@ Treme - It depends on how unique the male lead is. Shadow has one of the male leads be an antagonist for the first part.

@ Senpai - So just disorientation? Remember that these are just illegally bought Rafael's and not actual personal units.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:09   Link #15872
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Just woke up, what I miss?
Another scene I posted in the previous page, gaming arcade scene.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:11   Link #15873
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Are you underestimating MP unit? It's not like Maya or Charles unit is bad/ has worse durability, seriously. An I.S. is an I.S., period

(unless the illegal Rafael has faulty PIC, which means the pilot squashed to juice while the unit is damaged but repairable)
Old 2012-01-01, 00:14   Link #15874
Eratas123

@ Senpai - She crashed into the plane Are you saying she'll have no injuries whatsoever?

@ Stratos - I'll read it later.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:17   Link #15875
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If it's dynamic entry I doubt she's injured. If she's injured anyway then Char should twist his arm using that huge Pilebunker.

Unless she crashed into the plane not on purpose, some scratch or small bruise is possible, but not much.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:19   Link #15876
Eratas123

Then Irish is in an even bigger disadvantage He still has the injuries from before and he's in a cramped space with no gun.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:20   Link #15877
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, how about she crashed into the plane because her unit is damaged? The PIC still functional but not at full strength.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:25   Link #15878
Eratas123

How many do you think there should be? Tatenashi has to be kept busy long enpugh for the fight.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:29   Link #15879
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

At least two units, preferably three or four, one of which defeated and crashed into the plane.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:32   Link #15880
Eratas123

Thanks I need a suggestion on age as well. The strongest people in PT so far seem to be in their mid-20's

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest