AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-01, 00:27   Link #221
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Every time that light bulb goes off for Uehara (literally or figuratively) disaster is sure to follow.

My favorite moment of the episode was Karen's face watching Keita and Aguri descend the steps at the fantasy wedding. But the best couple is still Aguri and Keita. They pretty much act like they're married anyway, so why not make it official?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 00:46   Link #222
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, I just learned this was from the same author of Seitokai no Ichizon. Were those 4 supposed to be Kurimu and her merry friends?
Old 2017-09-01, 01:36   Link #223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was reminded of when Kaguya-san played a version of that game...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 01:43   Link #224
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things are getting complicated and yet I'm glad for some progress. Honestly Aguri and Uehara needed some positive momentum. Or else it seemed like their relationship would simply collapse rather than things getting more complicated. I'm sure things will get nutty going forward. But it is nice for a moment that the two of them get closer to the same page. Uehara gets a better picture of what Aguri thinks of Keita and can relax a little. And Aguri can be less worried about Karen.

Of course the bomb gets dropped hard on Chiaki. Though maybe it is for the best. It has been crazy seeing how in-sync Chiaki and Keita are without each other really understanding. It is of course hard for her to figure out those connections now when Karen and Keita are starting to date...but such is. I'm kind of curious when/if she'll reveal those connections back to Keita. Though I'm still pulling for Karen so it's a bit complicated, but complicated is this show's thing.

If we drop Chiaki's sister into this mess though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, I just learned this was from the same author of Seitokai no Ichizon. Were those 4 supposed to be Kurimu and her merry friends?
That's an interesting bit of information. Good old Seitokai no Ichizon. Kind of makes sense someone who can create an entertaining story like that could be behind the source material for this show as well.

I didn't actually put it together before reading this post. Though strangely I did think of that show when seeing how 'extreme' the student council president was acting when the rest left...Looks like someone else gladly inherited the heaven that is that school's student council .
Old 2017-09-01, 03:05   Link #225
Keila

Given what we now know about Chiaki's younger sister it sort of feels a little out of place for Chiaki to be worried for her at the pool after they got separated. That, or Chiaki just doesn't know the hidden side of her sister.
Old 2017-09-01, 03:09   Link #226
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Without spoiling too much. It is the same school as SeiZon. Both LN take place in same world

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 05:09   Link #227
Ghostfriendly

Another masterful episode. Most awkward boardgame ever, old misunderstandings cleared up, new emotional drama coming up.

This story seems to be poking fun at the idea of destined soulmates; Chiaki and Amano have fateful connections and a lot in common, but that simply doesn't mean they'll get along. Amano and Karin have nothing in common, but they find a lot to like in each other; even then their relationship isn't lovey-dovey at all, but strenuously built up from burning embarrassment. The foundation of true love, according to Terry Pratchett. So I don't think I can object if Chaiki's love goes unfulfilled. But, seriously, having this much tomfoolery going on, instead of long states, school events and possibly meaningful conversations is something 90% of rom-com anime could learn from.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 09:20   Link #228
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Every time that light bulb goes off for Uehara (literally or figuratively) disaster is sure to follow.

My favorite moment of the episode was Karen's face watching Keita and Aguri descend the steps at the fantasy wedding. But the best couple is still Aguri and Keita. They pretty much act like they're married anyway, so why not make it official?
I had to pause the episode I was laughing so hard.

This had to be one of the best versions of Life that I've seen
Old 2017-09-01, 09:31   Link #229
moridin84
Custom User Title

The board game is an amazing way to walk through all these relationship problems without going through the bother of actually doing the relationship drama... which would normally take episodes and episodes.

So I guess Uehara and Aguri's misunderstanding are all done. Sorted over a board game of all things. Aguri will probably convince Amano that it was a misunderstanding.

Chiaki... technically still thinks that Tendo is helping Amano get free of the clutches of the evil Aguri, right?

I feel sorry for Chiaki's sister. She falls in love with a guy who is going out with Tendo, who she feels threatened by already. Well, as expected of Gamers!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
one thing this episode did to me was show how really the "broken third well" is really chiak, please i'm not bashing or hating her before her fans start to anger over me, but as we see in the moment she leave the place both couples started to get along easy, really uehara trying to make "a romcom" and puting her in all that mess, while helped her to develop as a person which was good, still was bad because most of the issues now really come from her and now looks like finally uehara and pink girl are fixing they issues, but we still have the "big white elephant" called chiak which still in the play and can still mess even more with her "creep little sister" the things for the mc and karen, while i feel chiak is a good person the whole mess uehara drag her into is turning her in a center of trouble.
They were playing Chiaki's game! Which she brought up! And they are playing it at their house!

Actually, this configuration is a bit of a problem. Bring all the main cast together and you've got two couples and one loner. It's going to be kind of awkward for Chiaki if this becomes a normal situation.

Quote:
Given what we now know about Chiaki's younger sister it sort of feels a little out of place for Chiaki to be worried for her at the pool after they got separated. That, or Chiaki just doesn't know the hidden side of her sister.
How so?

If I went to a pool with someone and they disappeared and I couldn't contact them, I would be worried and would look for them.

If you think about it, Chiaki wasn't that worried. Not like she would have been if her little sister was 10 or younger.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 10:51   Link #230
larethian

Quote:
Even the student council room, and the words on the board. Even Konoha creating her harem and an eroge player. Only difference was, Ken Konoha was the president instead of pink hair loli. The 4 are clearly ripoffs

How could we have not mentioned it on page 1? Or maybe it was in the anticipation thread.

Found my 2015 post about this series:
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It's a romCOM. Written by the author of Seitokai no Ichizon series. Humor is EX-rank to me. If you don't appreciate the stupid humor in Baka-Test or Seizon (novels), then this is not for you.

The story involves a group of people who love games. And the comedy arises because of the misunderstandings and the differing perspectives each of the main characters held towards the others in terms of the rabu-dynamics among the group. The protagonist bears some similarities to the protagonist of Otaria.

If I were to do summaries for the series, I can probably do it with just relationship charts from the perspective of each character after each chapter. Just thinking of that makes me laugh
Konorano rank 15 in 2015
Konorano rank 7 in 2016
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 11:23   Link #231
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hope Chiaki's sister won't develop any feeling toward Keita... we don't need another Onodera sisters

and about that life game, yeah.. that is Kaguya-san's tier and it didn't even give any happy ending
I do agree that Keita-Aguri looks really perfect since Tendou seems more suited to Tasuku
but there is no doubt that Keita-Tendou is not a bad couple since in episode 7, their date was wonderful
and that revelation in the end... looking at Chiaki's eye, I'm sure that she is never in love before (so the theory that she loved Tasuku is not actually right). Tasuku's narration is perfect though... "in front of my eyes, there is a girl who just realized her feelings when everything is too late already"
so painful
Tasuku is a horrible matchmaker he succeeded in matching Chiaki-Keita when everything is too late

about this show, I think I just watched the mix between Golden Time and Netoge
I thought 5 of them will join the game club but seems like Game Club's role is really weak so far...
we just watched the silly love pentagon between 5 idiots for whole 8 episodes what a ride
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 15:13   Link #232
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Warning: Chiaki has experienced a full system failure. Running diagnostics to repair errors and damaged files. Error. Unable to repair damage. Please reinstall operating system. Nyoroooonnnnn.

What an ep. Keita now does indeed have the bare minimum for a harem I believe; two is a triangle, but now that we have the little sister for a third we're officially stepping into harem territory. Not that I think it'll really be a "harem", rather a triangle with a distant admirer who's doomed to be nothing but an occasional extra bit to complicate things even further.

Task doesn't seem to think so, but I believe his latest attack actually proved rather successful for once. It was incredibly painful, and he had to endure watching his girlfriend have two kids with his best friend, and destroy their bed repeatedly, before he got anything good out of it, but still in the end at least a few things have cleared up, including what he was most worried about. Of course, this most important thing really came about because he bothered to turn to his girlfriend and ask "what do you think of this guy you get along so well with, and what do you think about him hooking up with someone?", something he easily could have done without a game built around sex, affairs and other soapy crap.

Anyway, my favorite was the very end.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 23:06   Link #233
rladls2121

They all really should stop playing games for a while.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 04:02   Link #234
moridin84
Custom User Title

Chiaki eating for 2 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZ93BoFH6U

Desu desu for 1 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV-rpodvQ9U
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 16:24   Link #235
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
By the godess! That's a weapon of mass destruction right there! Someone call the UN
Old 2017-09-06, 00:39   Link #236
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Very dank.

Still, poor Chiaki. She joined a battle that was already decided.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 13:53   Link #237
Blueknight78

well, after so many good and funny episodes, finally one bad episode come and what a bad one.

first it's official uehara is the worst "friend ever" what sort of friend put his own preference over the friend feelings, he know which mc love the blond not chiak then why he is trying to force him on chiack and while looks like while uehara issue with his girlfriend was almost fixed then again the writer now forced in a really weird way he back to "chiak" and since pink girl is almost out of the equation now it's time to put creep little sister (and what a really creep little sister), well the serie was fun until now but looks like they are going back to the generic bore harem route and only sticking a little more uehara which again is the worst friend hever, this guy really is the iceberg of all that mess and everything keep being his fault for being selfish and shit friend, now i really would love he ended losing pink hair girl cuz he really diserve by being so crap and problematic for everyone.

really a disappoint episode for what was so fun and different serie, well in the end they have to appeal the "generic lovers otakus".

i do really hope we can get something good at the end but for sure this episode for me was really a bad one and maybe if the serie stick with it i gonna say which for the serie ended in episode 8 for me.
Old 2017-09-07, 14:33   Link #238
SeaDoor

The best part of this episode was before the OP and it went down hill from there. It was funny having Chiaki complain about the show's writers resorting to a cheap sympathy ploy and then...

even for this set of characters the new misunderstandings felt really forced. Hopefully, this was just a one episode stumble.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 16:15   Link #239
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Friggin Uehara. Tend to your damn girlfriend and stop trying to meddle in others' love lives. Nothing good can come of it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 19:12   Link #240
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Friggin Uehara. Tend to your damn girlfriend and stop trying to meddle in others' love lives. Nothing good can come of it.
I didn't blame Uehara so much the first time he screwed things up for himself. Although you certainly could. But he already experienced things going to hell for him before the board game episode mostly fixed things. He should have learned by now that this is dumb and will only lead to his own ruin.

He deserves what suffering he gets. Though Aguri isn't likely to deserve whatever is coming her way because of Uehara's stupidity.

Tags
harem, misunderstandings, not harem, rom com